Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2023-01-09 23:05:20
Link | Citer | R

Patch Notes
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/60314-January-10-2023-%28JST%29-Version-Update

Items
New Items - https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/January_2023_Version_Update_Changes

Changed Items - https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/January_2023_Version_Update_Changes/Existing_Items

Digest #43
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Serveur: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2023-01-09 23:06:23
Link | Citer | R

^ https://www.twitch.tv/funkworkz ^
January Update:
Windower Resources: Updated.
KParser Memloc: 00627080 (Changed.)
Box Destroyer/Digger: No change.
[+]
By Shuko 2023-01-09 23:07:40
Link | Citer | R

Thanks as usual Funk! And Chiaia too!

If I find any fun visual data, will post some spoiler links in an edit

edit: not a ton in this one, another artwork, a song variation. The big stuff was put into last months.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/834395858363613225/1062242057726459934/SPOILER_image.png
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-09 23:07:59
Link | Citer | R

Depending what/when/how they change the chat interface for new filters, is going to break absolutely everything

Also go watch funk
https://www.twitch.tv/funkworkz

Ya boy got his cam on. (with cats)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-01-09 23:42:40
Link | Citer | R

I'm guessing they added Air Tank drop to Hobgoblin Venerer for Rutter Sabatons, since the Bibiki Bay Locus mobs basically made this item nearly impossible to get besides via Gobbie Box. It's outdated armor anyways, but still.
By alamihgo 2023-01-09 23:45:01
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Changed Attribute Description- "A light-based automaton attachment. Functionality:・Erase enfeebling and Light Maneuver effects" changed to "A light-based automaton attachment. Functionality:・Adds Light Maneuver burden to restore TP"
Hilarious.
By Foxfire 2023-01-09 23:47:56
Link | Citer | R

alamihgo said: »
Quote:
Changed Attribute Description- "A light-based automaton attachment. Functionality:・Erase enfeebling and Light Maneuver effects" changed to "A light-based automaton attachment. Functionality:・Adds Light Maneuver burden to restore TP"
Hilarious.
that's from last year's changes, OP has been fixed
By Draylo 2023-01-09 23:52:43
Link | Citer | R

I never even look at twitch, I see some "XI" streamers and click and its.. Private server, of course! Some of them being paid, have to be. A gril playing XI, SURE. Traitors, how can they not enjoy sweet updates like this
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-01-09 23:54:01
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The following prerequisite must also be met to fully complete the quest.
Be equipped with a stage 2 Prime Weapon that has a damage value.
Be able to enter Dynamis – Xarcabard.

Back to Dynamis Lord?
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-01-09 23:55:38
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
New spoils have been added to the following monsters.
Eldieme Necropolis: Gazer
Bibiki Bay: Hobgoblin Venerer
* These additions are in response to the unintended increased difficulty of obtaining certain items owing to the monster adjustments that took place in the September and November version updates.

I'm sure it's inconsequential but... does anyone know what they're talking about here. I'm more curious than anything.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-10 00:00:23
Link | Citer | R

One of the hakutaku eyes could not be obtained, so they changed the dropper. Not sure if it's a typo or not but it's the eye that's supposed to be from KRT.

Same for the air tank item that buukki just mentioned.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-01-10 00:00:36
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I'm guessing they added Air Tank drop to Hobgoblin Venerer for Rutter Sabatons, since the Bibiki Bay Locus mobs basically made this item nearly impossible to get besides via Gobbie Box.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2023-01-10 00:00:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Melliny said: »
Quote:
New spoils have been added to the following monsters.
Eldieme Necropolis: Gazer
Bibiki Bay: Hobgoblin Venerer
* These additions are in response to the unintended increased difficulty of obtaining certain items owing to the monster adjustments that took place in the September and November version updates.

I'm sure it's inconsequential but... does anyone know what they're talking about here. I'm more curious than anything.
in bibiki Bay I assume its Air tank for spawning Rutter saboton NM, the goblins that use to drop it were replaced with locus, not sure about eldieme
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-01-10 00:02:21
Link | Citer | R

burning hakutaku eye
 Sylph.Ketsui
user: Lutia
By Sylph.Ketsui 2023-01-10 00:27:49
Link | Citer | R

Why would they replace mobs without checking what their drop pool is?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-10 00:31:12
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Ketsui said: »
Why would they replace mobs without checking what their drop pool is?

Incompetence
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2023-01-10 00:36:16
Link | Citer | R

Didn't even see that they added those items back in the update notes. I submitted a bug report last month, cool.

Also apologies for linking to January 2022 in the OP initially lol. Copypasta fail.
[+]
By Tanag 2023-01-10 00:39:57
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Quote:
The following prerequisite must also be met to fully complete the quest.
Be equipped with a stage 2 Prime Weapon that has a damage value.
Be able to enter Dynamis – Xarcabard.

Back to Dynamis Lord?

It was pretty obvious we were heading this way from VR part 1.

I'm curious how they will keep it interesting from here.
By Thunderjet 2023-01-10 01:17:59
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
I never even look at twitch, I see some "XI" streamers and click and its.. Private server, of course! Some of them being paid, have to be. A gril playing XI, SURE. Traitors, how can they not enjoy sweet updates like this
To be fair the game requires so much time now compared to the 75 era to be usefull for endgame i think is why they give up.
By SimonSes 2023-01-10 01:35:12
Link | Citer | R

Thunderjet said: »
Draylo said: »
To be fair the game requires so much time now compared to the 75 era to be usefull for endgame i think is why they give up.

This is weird argument in this context, because people playing on private servers argue exactly the opposite. They think leveling and reaching end game is so fast and easy on retail that it's meaningless.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2023-01-10 02:33:02
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
servers argue exactly the opposite. They think leveling and reaching end game is so fast and easy on retail that it's meaningless
Leveling is Chill it does not Require Min maxing and if you min max its still easier than gearing a job on retail, compare RDM 75 ERA and now see what i did?
All you do is just seek party and get a static for missions its not that hard to level its so much easier than exemplar 1-50 too lol, you clearly don't remember the 75 ERA leveling was overexaggerated.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-01-10 02:45:30
Link | Citer | R

As someone who just plays for a few hours here and there and is mostly afk the majority of the time, I feel like you can get a lot more done in a shorter period of time now vs 75 era.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-01-10 03:00:20
Link | Citer | R

The point is, they argue the exact opposite. They literally think we are in Abyssea towards the end with super powered atma and one shotting everything and gaining 50 levels. Their perception of retail is really warped. I hate that I have to say "retail" too
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-01-10 03:07:29
Link | Citer | R

Thunderjet said: »
SimonSes said: »
servers argue exactly the opposite. They think leveling and reaching end game is so fast and easy on retail that it's meaningless
Leveling is Chill it does not Require Min maxing and if you min max its still easier than gearing a job on retail, compare RDM 75 ERA and now see what i did?
All you do is just seek party and get a static for missions its not that hard to level its so much easier than exemplar 1-50 too lol, you clearly don't remember the 75 ERA leveling was overexaggerated.

Getting 75 is not the same as getting ML50.
Equivalent to 75 would be getting mastered job maybe and that can be done super fast and it's super chill too. Also on retail you can level efficiently with few minutes preparation and even do few minutes session if you feel like it or only have short time windows for it during a day. At 75 efficient leveling was completely dependent on 5 other people willing to exp with you and gathering for it sometimes for 30-60 minutes (not counting being LFG, just travel to camp). Then you needed to spend at least 1h+ there, because it was such a waste otherwise and felt like lost opportunity. Wasn't and isn't chill at all.

Getting RDM ready to end game (not v25 ready but there is a lot of end game below that) takes far less time on retail than even getting RDM to 75 in Era and not to even mention getting gear like relic and NQ/HQ abjuration

EDIT: also on retail you can mix getting JP and EP in various ways. Solo, melee party, AOE party or even do it while doing some events like Sortie, Omen or Segment farming.
Leveling at 75 was a *** boring af grind, when you do same thing in same place on same mobs for hours and you have pretty much no alternative. Oh wait there was alternative, you could sync to lvl 10 and do level in dunes, having no abilities, one WS and making it even more boring.
By Draylo 2023-01-10 03:25:57
Link | Citer | R

Or something most of them like to conveniently forget, the ever popular SMN burns in korrokola tunnel. Rest was def a boring chore that most did in Qufim island or colibri with PLs outside the party.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Tarage 2023-01-10 04:07:57
Link | Citer | R

Remember the time before level sync? When you could level out of a party? Or worse, delevel out of a party.

Anyway, you gotta go into Dyna Xarc for the mission.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-01-10 04:22:12
Link | Citer | R

If we gotta fight shadowlord again for the millionth time I'm gonna lose it. When this dude gonna stay dead?
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-01-10 04:35:02
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
If we gotta fight shadowlord again for the millionth time I'm gonna lose it. When this dude gonna stay dead?
lol hush you.
It's actually a decent send off.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-01-10 05:34:36
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
lol hush you.
It's actually a decent send off.
*** how many times we gonna have to send this dude off??? Next we gonna fight zombie shadowlord this time we gonna dig him up just to fight him.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5