HD UI And Skill/Spell Mods (XiVew Variant)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Dat Modding » HD UI and Skill/Spell Mods (XiVew variant)
HD UI and Skill/Spell Mods (XiVew variant)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By RadialArcana 2022-12-14 12:18:24
Link | Citer | R

Can you post a picture of the font? You're English region right?
 Bahamut.Navius
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: phot0nic
By Bahamut.Navius 2022-12-14 12:27:19
Link | Citer | R

Thank you so much for putting this together, I really appreciate all of your hard work. I was anxiously awaiting a release ever since you posted a teaser image in the other thread a few months or so ago. The high res icons, high res fonts, fixes for font spacing on widescreen displays, and the variety of mods you've made available for everyone to customize their UI is fantastic. Thanks again.

PS. I really like the new gold crowns, they're my favorite.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-12-14 13:02:28
Link | Citer | R

Yawley said: »
I've got myself quite a pickle then. Before installation, Trebuchet was only showing up when I config'd fonts on lowest quality. How would I get Trebuchet onto HQ fonts?

Ah I see what you mean now, I'll either update the treb mods or make a dds so they can be installed.

I have always had my font quality at high quality and so this never bothered me, normal XIview requires the font quality to be set far to the left on low for modded system fonts.

I did not mod this font sheet since I was happy with the current HQ fonts the game offers, but I'll make something available in a couple of days for anyone used to that.

Open Texhammer and drop this into the font moji part

treb system fonts
[+]
By Yawley 2022-12-14 13:55:06
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Ah I see what you mean now, I'll either update the treb mods or make a dds so they can be installed.

I have always had my font quality at high quality and so this never bothered me, normal XIview requires the font quality to be set far to the left on low for modded system fonts.

I did not mod this font sheet since I was happy with the current HQ fonts the game offers, but I'll make something available in a couple of days for anyone used to that.

treb system fonts
BEAUTIFUL. That worked. Thanks so much!
[+]
By ithorien 2022-12-15 10:27:19
Link | Citer | R

Yawley said: »
I've got myself quite a pickle then. Before installation, Trebuchet was only showing up when I config'd fonts on lowest quality. How would I get Trebuchet onto HQ fonts?

treb system fonts

If you can drop something that will make custom fonts easier, amaged. I have a font I've been trying to get into the game but it's been messy at best, I thought I recalled a tool that made the full system sheets but couldn't find it; it's called Questrial, think it's the font they used in FFXV.
By jackle833 2022-12-18 21:20:10
Link | Citer | R

Condensed 2 looks great on UW. Using your tools I shrunk down some of the icons. Any advice on how you got the letters closer together would be appreciated. Want to try my hand next to see if I can move some other things around the screen a little but no idea where to start.

Thanks again!
[+]
By Tathamet 2022-12-27 22:56:04
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Armaddon said: »
Lakshmi.Armaddon said: »
I made a high res trebuchet sprite sheet but I didn't upload the dat, I'll upload the dds so you can import it yourself (will import with either program and work as long as the size is correct).

The sizes of the images you linked are 256x256 and all the mapping in the original file is for that image size, I changed a load of stuff in the file though so now it will only accept 512x512 (basically invalidating all those files in Caradogs repo).

File below, Treb HD 512 dds image

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c0jpFRUSUn-7h2GzM7_YCFBtKa7ICmNW/view?usp=share_link

Awesome, thanks again!

Just a follow up - I tossed it into the Condensed icon file, and it looks great!

In case anyone wants the dat, I tossed it up on Google Drive: 51 Trebuchet MS Font.dat

Tried this version out- I think I like it the best.

Is it just me though, or does this hyphen look a bit blurry?

By RadialArcana 2022-12-28 04:55:23
Link | Citer | R

Yeah Armaddon made that before I updated the original files and added support for hyphen, comma etc.

Will update the mods after the next patch with more options.
By RadialArcana 2023-01-11 12:40:11
Link | Citer | R

Updated OP

11th Jan:Added Condensed 1 versions, changed some spacing on fonts (mainly capital J) on Treb & cleaned them up a bit, added the original XIview font upscaled to 512 (its in the drag and drop folder)

The original XIview font is upscaled to work but it is true to the original, so a little blocky in places.

Any bugs let me know.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By RadialArcana 2023-01-12 15:23:47
Link | Citer | R

Yeah can change parts of the file, with texhammer in the zip. However not the macro bars yet, I'll add that next time I update it.

To change parts of the 51.dat in the "x modify with drag and drop elements" folder.

Quote:
Click Texhammer made by Korith, to start program.

Take one of the 51.dat files with the correct font you want to use and make a copy of it to work on.
Drag that newly made copy into texhammer.

To change the pointer arrow from modded to original, goto images/pointers and drag "anc anc" file into "anc anc" box

To change the mission/npcdialogue pointer drag "anc btwait" into "anc btwait" box.

These only have 2 options, original and modded.

To change the color of macro keys from blue to grey:

Drag either of the 2 files in macro keys folder to the "menu gauge" box

To change the box type for all gear and the equip screen drag and drop the modded or orig file to the "itemslot" box.

To change Job Point stars, pick aspect ratio folder and drag and drop into the "menu ustashd" box near the bottom.

Press save at the top right next to generate thumbnails and drop that resulting file into the rom/119 folder.

Post deleted by User.
By RadialArcana 2023-01-12 15:31:04
Link | Citer | R

They don't work that way sadly, the files are heavily modified to accept those font files. If you drop those image files into the ones you use it will just mess of cut off letters.

However if you want to try it, there is a link to the dds for treb on page 2.

Post deleted by User.
By Pulptenks 2023-01-12 19:52:48
Link | Citer | R

I really like the new pearl. The new icons as "buffs" do not seem to function for me. Everything else included logging screen did tho. Beautiful work!
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-01-16 08:33:29
Link | Citer | R

Updated the mods to make the UI icons smaller, they were way too big originally. Also added some more images to the drag and drop folder.

comparison (diff font obviously)

Before:

After:

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2023-01-22 01:00:49
Link | Citer | R

How hard would it be for you to make the macro bar invisible or more transparent for xivcrossbar users?
By ithorien 2023-01-25 13:54:35
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
How hard would it be for you to make the macro bar invisible or more transparent for xivcrossbar users?

While you wait on Radial, from what I can see and understand looking at raw files, this only seems doable if you're on a macro bar that doesn't have any macros, as those macro names are dynamic and hiding that text/etc. would affect text elsewhere in game.

If that was the case though and the addon has it's own DB, some of those textures could be removed to make transparent, but that's dependent on how that addon works, I'm not using/familiar with it myself.
By RadialArcana 2023-01-28 13:32:06
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »

It's one of those things that would require a lot of testing and fiddling around, and since I don't use the addon it's probably not something I would do. It's not just the buttons but the underlying bar too.
[+]
By Mindari 2023-01-29 08:41:12
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if this is an issue with the font files themselves or a limitation of how Windower/Ashita redraws the UI, but even at only 1440p the text gets real garbled at anything above like 1.4x scaling.

The XIView font holds up much better than the original font but 2x zoom fits my screen (and my eyesight) almost perfectly and makes both fonts look like they've been tossed through the blender.

Is there anything that can be done here with upscaling the font files themselves even further to look better with scaled UIs? It seems like the game itself does UI scaling by not redrawing larger symbols so much as it just draws the whole UI at a much lower resolution and stretches it across the resolution the game itself is set to run at. The UI elements themselves (macro bars, overhead names, equipment and inventory boxes, etc) handle it pretty well, it's just the text!
By RadialArcana 2023-01-29 08:58:00
Link | Citer | R

Can you post a picture?
By Mindari 2023-01-29 09:37:39
Link | Citer | R

Sure thing,

These were all taken using Windower4 at 2x scaling with the recommended settings for supersampling, mipmaping, etc. Even the new title art starts getting pixelated jaggies around it and the expansion banners start looking like the originals.

It's most noticeable on the buff icons and the party menu/status menu text since that text is already so small. The authenticator on the title screen is a good example too, the 123456 on the display becomes completely illegible mush.

XIView:

Original Font:

[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-01-29 10:05:19
Link | Citer | R

Yeah this looks like an issue with how windower does the scaling, it's like taking an image in paint and just stretching it without any anti aliasing or anything.

I think there are ways around this, but you need wincontrol addon.

There is an issue with condensed 2, the game uses the nameplate font in a few other places (for instance search results and party name box) and so there is a little deformity there in places. However it's not used in many places so it's not that big of a deal. Try using condensed 1 if you want to get away from this.
By Mindari 2023-01-29 13:43:22
Link | Citer | R

That's what I figured. I guess I'll just keep it at around 1.6x and deal with the smaller UI. The joys of 20 year old software :p

Tried it with Ashita and it's equally janky at the same scaling, but it also breaks the mouse entirely unlike Windower.

Appreciate you taking a look!
 Bahamut.Navius
By Bahamut.Navius 2023-01-29 14:39:13
Link | Citer | R

I've had this font issue for a while as I run at 1.3x scaling in Windower. If someone knows a way to actually fix this issue, I'd appreciate an explanation. I've tried changing a bunch of stuff around and couldn't figure it out (though I never tried to play with wincontrol).

What I do, is set the font quality to the middle setting (in between standard and high quality) within the FFXI Config tool, as that seems to use a different font. I honestly think this font looks pretty good. It's not as sharp and clear as the HQ font, but it also doesn't produce any of the jaggies when re-scaling.
By Dodik 2023-01-31 06:55:23
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Navius said: »
I've had this font issue for a while as I run at 1.3x scaling in Windower. If someone knows a way to actually fix this issue, I'd appreciate an explanation. I've tried changing a bunch of stuff around and couldn't figure it out (though I never tried to play with wincontrol).

What I do, is set the font quality to the middle setting (in between standard and high quality) within the FFXI Config tool, as that seems to use a different font. I honestly think this font looks pretty good. It's not as sharp and clear as the HQ font, but it also doesn't produce any of the jaggies when re-scaling.

You want 51.dat from the OP and then set "Font Quality" to "Standard", slider all the way to the left in FFXI config.

This uses XIView fonts upscaled to HD which work well for me with an up scaled UI in Windower/FFXI. I use 1.7 scaling, font looks good.

Do not use "High" quality fonts, slider to the right, as that uses FFXI fonts which are not upscaled and look like garbage once UI is scaled.

Remember that 51.dat needs to be replaced on disk in the Final Fantasy XI directory, not via XIPivot.
 Bahamut.Navius
By Bahamut.Navius 2023-01-31 14:35:07
Link | Citer | R

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I already tried this, and the 'standard' font also looks (differently) terrible. I'm very familiar with 51.DAT already, I've done a variety of my own modding.

For reference, this is what "1 - Standard" looks like on my screen (using RadialArcana's latest 51.DAT):

This is what "3 - High Quality" looks like:

This is what "2 - Medium" looks like:

Like I said, the medium option is not as sharp/clear as the HQ font at a 1:1 scale, but it also doesn't have any of the distortion that's present in both the standard or high quality options. It's certainly my preference, but if anyone knows how to get the high quality version to look nice on a scaled resolution, please let me know.

edit: 1920x1200 resolution, 1.3x scaling
By RadialArcana 2023-01-31 14:43:02
Link | Citer | R

Have you tried wincontrol addon
 Bahamut.Navius
By Bahamut.Navius 2023-01-31 14:45:53
Link | Citer | R

I did briefly after it was mentioned, but I'm not sure *exactly* what I should be doing with it. Whatever I tried made things FAR worse, so I assume I wasn't doing what was intended.

Like, what should I set my Windower resolution settings to / what settings should I use for WinControl?

edit: What I tried was reducing my Windower resolution to below my monitor's native resolution and setting the scaling to 1. Then, I used WinControl to stretch the window to the appropriate size. This made everything look pretty horrible (probably should be expected).
By Dodik 2023-01-31 16:11:47
Link | Citer | R

This is my font, same 51.dat, "Standard" quality, on 2560x1600 and 1.7 UI scaling in Windower.