HD UI And Skill/Spell Mods (XiVew Variant)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Dat Modding » HD UI and Skill/Spell Mods (XiVew variant)
HD UI and Skill/Spell Mods (XiVew variant)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By RadialArcana 2022-11-30 08:44:52
Link | Citer | R

*29th May 2023 -

English only currently
Made for retail, if you try use this on older versions of the game it's going to crash since it's not made for that.

XIView3.3

Backup rom/119/50.dat, 51.dat, 57.dat

Normal gives the versions of UI and Name that you always see on the base game, condensed 1 & 2: see image below.

These are XIView variant mods, it replaces all the spells and JA with new Icons, upgrades the textures of many parts of the UI and adds a new splash / character select screen.

They go into folder ROM/119/

50.dat is the splash screen (variants below)
51.dat is for UI
57.dat is for skill/spell icons

51 will not work with xipivot because it is loaded before xipivot is, 57 probably will.

Restart the game for them to take effect.

Make sure Misc> icon type is set to type 2.

Image Examples:

Icons:

Macros:

If you use just text on macro the text is less bright, if you put a space or a number in the macro name it will be brighter txt.

Menus:

Font / Icons:

Changes:

Every JA and Spell has its own Icon, all have been changed or upgraded (all brd songs of each family have their own color icons, cor rolls have lucky/unlucky numbers on them as well as labels/col, cor rolls without a job affiliation have a *, Geo spells all have a *, spells have their own icons etc)

Nameplate Fonts are all proper HD

Many of the UI fonts are HD (ie search result names, numbers on ui etc)
Menu buttons and progress bars
Spell cast progress bars
Onscreen battle numbers HD
Equip boxes
All gear boxes
Macro buttons
Gil icon is HD
Target pointer (and sub target)
Menu pointers
NPC dialogue prompt
Elemental icons on equip screen
Linkshell player list bar
Chat translator / word search bar as above
Map monster list bar and monster tracker icon
Some parts of the character select screens / splash screen (others parts are a sep mod)
All weather icons (onscreen weather icon, elements on armor, synergy elements in chat etc)

LFG icon, "Request" LFG icon, Job Master stars, LS pearl, Bazaar Icon, Mentor Icon, Level Sync, Monstrosity Icon, New player Icon (mandragora), Away Icon HD, Ballista 3 nations Icons (never tested these, hard to view anyone doing it), Reive Battle Icon.

There are two forms of chat font that can be used, the one the game uses depends on the setting in the config program (font quality). If it's on low it uses the long running XIview modded font, if it's on high it uses the base XI font system.

------

To change parts of the 51.dat in the "x modify with drag and drop elements" folder.

------
------

HD login Screen

5 is in the zip above, the others below are alternate versions of 50.dat start screen.

All have HD elements, just the logo is different. HD expansion images on the right, HD wardrobe images, HD keyfob, HD pointer / buttons to match rest of the UI.

Normal Logo

Logo 2

Logo 3

Logo 4

Logo 5

Logo 6

Logo 7

Logo 8

These go in rom/119 50.dat
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-11-30 08:45:05
Link | Citer | R

UI & Chatbox background mods: (work with XIpivot, no need to restart just change window texture to 1 and back to 8 to reload after a file swap)

These go in rom/0 folder

I would suggest renaming 21.dat (which is 8 in the config option below)

You can change them in config/windows/shared=window type

Black Leather

Black Plastic Dots

Blue Plastic

Blue Leather

Stone Blue

Cotton Blue

Blue Squares Chocobo

They look better in the game, the UI is semi-transparent so can see some background in the screenshots.

------
------

All dats go in the base /rom/ folder unless otherwise stated.

Corsair Card Rolls HD Mods

Best used with XIpivot, since there are a lot of dats.

Corsair Card HD mods (lucky / unlucky numbers)

-----
-----

Level / Mlevel / Job Point / Merit HD mods

Best used with XIpivot.

Level / Mlev / Merit / Job Point HD mods

---

Balloon Blue Story Dialogue Windower Addon

Download the zip, put the folder in your windower addon folder and start it by typing.

//lua l balloonblue

You can drag the text box around with the mouse.

Balloon Blue

GhostyStar made a more advanced version of this addon Link to Thread.
[+]
By leopeo 2022-12-01 05:59:26
Link | Citer | R

looks fantastic ty, looking forward to the alt fonts
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-12-01 07:20:55
Link | Citer | R

Brilliant work!!! Will start testing these out today. Thanks!
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-12-01 10:46:46
Link | Citer | R

Really enjoying these changes in my first few hours with them! My favorite so far are the elemental replacement icons, had no idea such a simple change would be so nice. The master stars also look amazing as do the bazaar and linkshell icons.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-12-01 10:59:19
Link | Citer | R

It's nice to have something different to play with if nothing else xD Appreciate you testing them out.

I'll prob start uploading mods to nexusmods once I'm sure it's working properly and go from there, easier to keep them updated and it doesn't eat my google drive.
By zigzagzig 2022-12-01 13:44:04
Link | Citer | R

Pretty good, and thank's for the work done.
Also to share it to the community !
( Ps: Jeanpaul icons still better to read specialy on BRD songs )

The subtle deliverybox work for 000/000/000 is really nice

Star and Bazaar icons , best i have seen so far , love the U.I big time
By ithorien 2022-12-01 14:24:11
Link | Citer | R

I was just recently humoring doing something like this, this is amaze. Can't wait for alt fonts :D

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Itsasaga
Serveur: Asura
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Itsasaga 2022-12-01 14:58:34
Link | Citer | R

So far so good, I'll report if I run in any issues.

Thanks!

Edit: Love the cursor! Edit2: No crash at all, super clean on Ultra Wide.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-12-01 16:34:14
Link | Citer | R

KujahFoxfire said: »
These look great! Is there a way to set a unique icon for each brd song so we can easily identify exactly which we have, like to differentiate between HM and VM etc.

Sadly not, just family of song and HM and VM are considered the same family. Red for minuet, haste pink color for marches, blue for accuracy etc

Worth keeping in mind you can mix and match from other Xivew mods, so you can use 51 from this and 57 (skill icons) from another if you want.
By RadialArcana 2022-12-01 17:02:16
Link | Citer | R

This is a condensed version of the UI mod with a different nameplate, again it's not finished and so is still rough and not properly sized on some letters.

Less space between letters, basically more squished and condensed together to give a more appealing look. Icons are also more rounded and job point stars are different.

HD UI Vanilla Condensed Font 51.dat

[+]
By zigzagzig 2022-12-02 01:44:29
Link | Citer | R

Even Better <3

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-12-02 03:34:43
Link | Citer | R

Gave this a try last night and everything looks great. One thing I ran into though was the party buffs shown on xivparty addon were of my xiview icons. Would there be a way to integrate this into that addon so everything matches?

Yeah it's just a matter of making a folder for that addon with these icons in it.
 Bahamut.Geefresh
Serveur: Bahamut
user: geefresh
By Bahamut.Geefresh 2022-12-02 04:19:18
Link | Citer | R

Very nice on ultrawide, thanks!
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-12-02 05:04:10
Link | Citer | R

If anyone using ultrawide can post a pic of the nameplate it would be great, just so I can see font spacing etc.
By RadialArcana 2022-12-02 06:13:03
Link | Citer | R

Added some UI background mods to 2nd post.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-12-02 07:05:09
Link | Citer | R

Gave this a try last night and everything looks great. One thing I ran into though was the party buffs shown on xivparty addon were of my xiview icons. Would there be a way to integrate this into that addon so everything matches?

If you use my All-In One HD Packs make sure your putting 57.dat into the HD/Lore Pack and 51.dat into the Final Fantasy Rom/119 folder. I had this same issue and it's due to the two dats currently being modified in different locations for people with my setup.
By RadialArcana 2022-12-02 07:12:03
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Onimaru 2022-12-02 09:17:02
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
This is a condensed version of the UI mod with a different nameplate, again it's not finished and so is still rough and not properly sized on some letters.

Less space between letters, basically more squished and condensed together to give a more appealing look. Icons are also more rounded and job point stars are different.

HD UI Vanilla Condensed Font 51.dat

"Good man! You set 'em up and I'll knock 'em back, Lloyd. One by one."
By zigzagzig 2022-12-02 09:24:37
Link | Citer | R

Loging screen where to get ? please
 Lakshmi.Armaddon
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Hibiu
By Lakshmi.Armaddon 2022-12-02 10:56:36
Link | Citer | R

Really enjoying these all so far :) My only minor suggestion would be to maybe consider adopting some more at-a-glance discernable coloring for some of the buff icons in the top bar, like for songs (e.g. do a bright red note for minuets, bright blue for marches, etc.). I don't have a screencap handy but when you're sitting on 20-30 buffs plus negative status effects in stuff like Sortie, it's a bit tough to figure out exactly what's going on. Granted, much of that is just learning the new icons, but it was tough to differentiate some things whether Regen/Refresh was active, various stat down icons, specific songs, etc.

That said, I still like them enough to keep on using them, even with no changes!
[+]
 Bahamut.Geefresh
Serveur: Bahamut
user: geefresh
By Bahamut.Geefresh 2022-12-02 19:09:49
Link | Citer | R

Ultrawide pics. New font dat on the top.

[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-12-03 05:22:30
Link | Citer | R

zigzagzig said: »
Loging screen where to get ? please

I'll upload them later today, I have like 6 alternate images for the main logo.

Lakshmi.Armaddon said: »
Really enjoying these all so far :) My only minor suggestion would be to maybe consider adopting some more at-a-glance discernable coloring for some of the buff icons in the top bar, like for songs (e.g. do a bright red note for minuets, bright blue for marches, etc.). I don't have a screencap handy but when you're sitting on 20-30 buffs plus negative status effects in stuff like Sortie, it's a bit tough to figure out exactly what's going on. Granted, much of that is just learning the new icons, but it was tough to differentiate some things whether Regen/Refresh was active, various stat down icons, specific songs, etc.

That said, I still like them enough to keep on using them, even with no changes!

I'll probably make the circles around the songs colored too, to make it easier to distinguish. Also maybe the refresh red up arrow to green or something.

Bahamut.Geefresh said: »
Ultrawide pics. New font dat on the top.

Awesome, thanks. I'll make one even more condensed to try soon.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-12-03 05:57:47
Link | Citer | R

All have HD elements, just the logo is different. HD expansion images on the right, HD wardrobe images, HD keyfob, HD pointer / buttons to match rest of the UI.

Normal Logo

Logo 2

Logo 3

Logo 4

Logo 5

Logo 6

Logo 7

Logo 8

These go in rom/119 50.dat
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-12-03 06:30:18
Link | Citer | R

League Font (League of Legends) version of 51.dat above

This is the same as the UI file above (51.dat) but with a League of Legends font for names, UI etc (normal width) Basically a gothic looking font.
[+]
By zigzagzig 2022-12-03 07:10:13
Link | Citer | R

Cheer's Mate <3

Awesomeness, and did i said i love the U.I yet :)) ?

This is a Refresh to my daily FF11 Fix, and again thank's for sharing, thank's for the Work Done !!!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6