First Page 2 3 ... 110 111 112 ... 148 149 150
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2023-01-16 11:16:39
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
E boss can be made super easy, no need to kite. Get the metal then make sure your WHM is removing the poison.

Just need to kill before the Aura. (3min) Clobbering with Aura can still one shot.

Just remove the poison effects. There is some sort of hidden poison counter that happens, with each stack multiplying clobbering's damage. When you remove the poison effect that multiplier gets reset. We've actually done this before, had the tank hold the boss while a bunch of melee's wailed on him and the WHM did Curaga -> Poisona -> Curaga, clobbering did a few hundred damage. Whole fight was laughably easy.
By Taint 2023-01-16 11:19:28
Link | Citer | R

E boss can be made super easy, no need to kite. Get the metal then make sure your WHM is removing the poison.

Just need to kill before the Aura. (3min) Clobbering with Aura can still one shot.

Just remove the poison effects. There is some sort of hidden poison counter that happens, with each stack multiplying clobbering's damage. When you remove the poison effect that multiplier gets reset. We've actually done this before, had the tank hold the boss while a bunch of melee's wailed on him and the WHM did Curaga -> Poisona -> Curaga, clobbering did a few hundred damage. Whole fight was laughably easy.

Thats good to know. We've just been focusing on killing in 3min and if Aura goes up we kite him for the last few %.
By Thunderjet 2023-01-16 11:22:29
Link | Citer | R

for E Embolden Embrava/regen and u wont even need A cure with regen lol atleast on Runefencer just use ja heal
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-01-16 11:29:20
Link | Citer | R

Thunderjet said: »
for E Embolden Embrava/regen and u wont even need A cure with regen lol atleast on Runefencer just use ja heal

We're discussing countering 99,999 clobbering wave. Turns out the insane damage spike is caused by its damage being multiplied by a poison counter on the target, remove the poison and the counter gets reset causing the damage to drop to pitiful amounts. You can have a 1,000,000 HP/tick regen and if you don't remove that poison debuff then the counter will keep going up resulting in unsurvivable damage.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-01-16 18:06:05
Link | Citer | R

Have never, ever seen a 99,999 clobbering wave and have been fighting it 4 times a week since the release. It's almost always 2k-4k damage on our tank and we never remove the poison. What the hell are people doing to cause that?
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-01-16 19:54:05
Link | Citer | R

I'd presume water damage?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-01-16 20:46:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dexprozius said: »

That's fetid eddies usually. Any water damage done to area E boss will power up his next attack, this includes the water healing from his own poison clouds. Clobbering wave on the other hand does damage that gets multiplied by the number of stacks of poison the targets have. Removing the poison causes the stacks to be removed and damage to be laughable small.

MB focused groups never notice it, but melee groups can and will get blasted by that occasionally.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-01-16 22:07:09
Link | Citer | R

That's fetid eddies usually. Any water damage done to area E boss will power up his next attack, this includes the water healing from his own poison clouds. Clobbering wave on the other hand does damage that gets multiplied by the number of stacks of poison the targets have. Removing the poison causes the stacks to be removed and damage to be laughable small.

MB focused groups never notice it, but melee groups can and will get blasted by that occasionally.

Very interesting that detail. In general my 3-5 man group has just gravity melee burned it, often Savage > Aeolian > Savage > Aeolian for the infinite skillchain w/ earth damage basically doubling the savage. If we have a burster, great.
It's really helpful to learn how poisona can easily make it possible to hold it in a corner and just go in on it. If that's the case, would you drag it out of the poison cloud it drops to avoid boosting its other TP move? Or should it be treated kind of like Tiboulex where if you kill it fast enough it doesnt matter.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-01-16 22:21:47
Link | Citer | R

Very interesting that detail. In general my 3-5 man group has just gravity melee burned it, often Savage > Aeolian > Savage > Aeolian for the infinite skillchain w/ earth damage basically doubling the savage. If we have a burster, great.
It's really helpful to learn how poisona can easily make it possible to hold it in a corner and just go in on it. If that's the case, would you drag it out of the poison cloud it drops to avoid boosting its other TP move? Or should it be treated kind of like Tiboulex where if you kill it fast enough it doesnt matter.

Two poison clouds are ok, but once you get three you really wanna move it a bit, if it gets to four someone is about to get wrecked.

With spare tags we've been experimenting with melee setups, they are quite good in the basement if you can meet he accuracy requirements. Just have deal with a different set of mechanics then the burst setups do.
[+]
By RiggityWrekd 2023-01-17 00:40:38
Link | Citer | R

honestly no issue with kiting it and we still kill it in less than 2 min.

Also getting metal is not worth it because Botulus is a *** and sometimes it opens with aoe charm.

I believe kiting is the fastest and most consistent method for E (either you melee it or go with BLM or RNG)

If the tank can't hold hate from the dd zerging is another story, and in that case change tank lol
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-01-17 07:40:58
Link | Citer | R

^
This is why we can't have nice things.
[+]
 Asura.Warmoose
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2023-01-17 08:09:15
Link | Citer | R

I wouldnt go as far as to say kiting is the fastest and most consistent. For your general population, its more consitent sure. But weve cleared him rng/sch several times sub 1m/shortly after rayke window, and more than not(maybe due to tp feed) maybe only see poison cloud 20% of the time. Face tanking ensures maximum geo bubble uptime/dps.

Why cant the middle ground be... face tank until you see cloud.. then kite if a poison cloud drops.

I would still kill Botulus. It takes 30 seconds, and 2-3 leaden/TF>frag and mbs for an easy 335-535 galli. If youre that crunched for time, you have other inefficiencies to address in your runs.
By RiggityWrekd 2023-01-17 08:34:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Warmoose said: »
I wouldnt go as far as to say kiting is the fastest and most consistent. For your general population, its more consitent sure. But weve cleared him rng/sch several times sub 1m/shortly after rayke window, and more than not(maybe due to tp feed) maybe only see poison cloud 20% of the time. Face tanking ensures maximum geo bubble uptime/dps.

Why cant the middle ground be... face tank until you see cloud.. then kite if a poison cloud drops.

I would still kill Botulus. It takes 30 seconds, and 2-3 leaden/TF>frag and mbs for an easy 335-535 galli. If youre that crunched for time, you have other inefficiencies to address in your runs.

I agree with you. Good teams with specific setups will clear more objectives faster and even do EFG bosses in 1 run.

For a more rag-tag group that lacks some jobs and sometimes has to fill 1 or 2 spots in PUG, kiting/zerging is easier to pull off. At least on my server, it's full of rema melees and not many well-geared RNGs or BLMs
By Taint 2023-01-17 08:38:34
Link | Citer | R

We went full Melee last night. (SAM,DRK,WAR,BRD,COR,WHM)

Removing the poison was a great tip and E just melts. No tank needed. We were doing an H unlock so didn't have time but we will go full melee for ABCEFG and see how it goes. (pretty confident we don't need a tank at all)
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-01-17 09:06:37
Link | Citer | R

Removing the poison was a great tip and E just melts. No tank needed. We were doing an H unlock so didn't have time but we will go full melee for ABCEFG and see how it goes. (pretty confident we don't need a tank at all)

I think so too. WHM can pretty much Spam Curaga V and VI for 2 min even when it's not needed and current TP and WS sets on DRK and WAR can have highest defensive values without much or any dps loss anyway. Not to even mention stuff like Drain III or Apocalypse.

The only problem that I can think of would be F boss spamming chokehold and removing crucial buffs. If I would try to do this with melee, I would plan ahead for every boss and set up some good skillchains. Also NIN could be awesome if you plan to do F boss, since Blade: Chi and Blade: To could be used to proc it probably and Blade: to could potentially close with SC induration (could probably Futae Hyoton: San too)
[+]
By Thunderjet 2023-01-19 00:07:55
Link | Citer | R

Tank is better with a mage setup specfically with rune and double sch, other than that its a waste to have a tank
[+]
By Veydal1 2023-01-19 01:10:00
Link | Citer | R

Jumping back into Sortie since the new areas were introduced. Is there confirmation on how to get Botulus to drop chest? Seems with a tank, you can simply kill from behind and call it a day. But we've been doing no tank route as well, but aren't having any luck with getting chest to drop. I wonder if a single person has to maintain enmity on Botulus. Everytime it's turned to a new target, we have not gotten the chest. But with melee approach w/o a tank, we can't keep hate on one person while the other(s) kill from behind.

Also, tips for G boss with melee approach, no tank? Do you HAVE to run away from the pillars? Wiki's info on the pillars doesn't really make me worried. I found trying to run away and move caused more issues than just powering through their auras with a 2hr zerg.
By RiggityWrekd 2023-01-19 03:59:35
Link | Citer | R

Veydal1 said: »
Jumping back into Sortie since the new areas were introduced. Is there confirmation on how to get Botulus to drop chest? Seems with a tank, you can simply kill from behind and call it a day. But we've been doing no tank route as well, but aren't having any luck with getting chest to drop. I wonder if a single person has to maintain enmity on Botulus. Everytime it's turned to a new target, we have not gotten the chest. But with melee approach w/o a tank, we can't keep hate on one person while the other(s) kill from behind.

Also, tips for G boss with melee approach, no tank? Do you HAVE to run away from the pillars? Wiki's info on the pillars doesn't really make me worried. I found trying to run away and move caused more issues than just powering through their auras with a 2hr zerg.

We initially tried to move away from the pillars but the boss is way too slow and it stops too often to cast magic. We just ignore them now
By Thunderjet 2023-01-19 06:55:20
Link | Citer | R

Veydal1 said: »

Everyone should be on hate list too and am not kidding
By Dodik 2023-01-19 07:41:31
Link | Citer | R

Thunderjet said: »
Everyone should be on hate list too and am not kidding

In addition to that, only killing WS needs to be from behind. Doesn't matter if hate switches or if some WS are from front.

Ask me how I know.
 Bismarck.Tyconus
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Tyconus
By Bismarck.Tyconus 2023-01-19 08:24:39
Link | Citer | R

For the Botulus, typically only four of six of our group is on the hate list. Found out if you do two sc, (Leaden > Viper Bite|Requiescat|Stone > Leaden)x2, you won't get the chest. If you only do one sc and then finish it off with Leadens, you do get the chest. I think you need to do more than 50% magic ws damage to get the chest.
By Taint 2023-01-19 09:07:49
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Tyconus said: »
For the Botulus, typically only four of six of our group is on the hate list. Found out if you do two sc, (Leaden > Viper Bite|Requiescat|Stone > Leaden)x2, you won't get the chest. If you only do one sc and then finish it off with Leadens, you do get the chest. I think you need to do more than 50% magic ws damage to get the chest.

We just zerg him down, no magic WSs, random SCs.

If everyone acts on him and he dies from the rear chest has been 100% for us. The only time we haven't gotten the chest he turned on the tank. When going with no tank we designate a DD to keep him faced away from the rest of the party.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-01-19 09:36:01
Link | Citer | R

I think you need to do more than 50% magic ws damage to get the chest.

Nope. Killing WS needs to be from behind.

I've gone in solo as Sam with Ark EV as tank. Had hate whole fight using nothing but physical WS, some SCs. Super jump at 10%, killed with WS from behind. Got metal.
By Veydal1 2023-01-19 11:38:34
Link | Citer | R

We just zerg him down, no magic WSs, random SCs.

If everyone acts on him and he dies from the rear chest has been 100% for us. The only time we haven't gotten the chest he turned on the tank. When going with no tank we designate a DD to keep him faced away from the rest of the party.

This lines up with my experiences too. If he turns, no chest. I really think there might be something to this. Is the "tank" in this scenario also pulling Botulus? There's more than a couple reports of people killing from the front / any direction and still getting chest. The common theme is hate control.

Interesting that tanking for the majority of the fight and then super jumping to kill from behind also resulted in chest though.

Has anyone gotten chest even after getting charmed?
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-01-19 13:30:09
Link | Citer | R

Ive seen it drop the chest when hate was pulled accidentally before death and the killing blow was NOT from behind.

I've also seen it drop the chest after it charmed half the group and nearly wiped us.

The conditions for the chest dropping are clearly incomplete, while obviously following the pattern of what works via leaden spam from behind is safe, hopefully we get more info on it in the future.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2023-01-19 13:46:43
Link | Citer | R

"Do most of the damage via WS from behind" has worked for me, but who knows lol
[+]
By Veydal1 2023-01-19 16:37:44
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the info. Good to have answers to those questions. Will try to do some more testing next chance I get. Going to try -

• Having a single DD take it down to low HP while also tanking it from the front, while finishing off the last bit of HP with Leaden from behind (not meeting majority of dmg from behind)

• Having a single DD tank & take it down to low HP and killing it with non-WS from behind (via magic or melee dmg)

Any testimonials to the above would be appreciated.
By RiggityWrekd 2023-01-19 22:40:32
Link | Citer | R

hey guys which objectives do you think have a better chance at dropping starstones?

After countless runs I only got 6 and since now we are consistently getting 26k galli per run, starstones are becoming a bottle neck.

I've never seen them drop from boss E and G. Maybe we need to do some mini naakuals?
 Asura.Warmoose
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2023-01-20 00:16:03
Link | Citer | R

RiggityWrekd said: »
hey guys which objectives do you think have a better chance at dropping starstones?

After countless runs I only got 6 and since now we are consistently getting 26k galli per run, starstones are becoming a bottle neck.

I've never seen them drop from boss E and G. Maybe we need to do some mini naakuals?

I meam realistically you have 3 objectives per EFGH to get a starstone. If youre only doing the bosses, youre only covering 1/3rd of the avenues you have for a starstone.

FGH bitzers objectives are all easy
EF nakuls are easy
Then of course EFG bosses

Theres 8 opportunities for starstones right there.
By RiggityWrekd 2023-01-20 00:42:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Warmoose said: »
RiggityWrekd said: »

I meam realistically you have 3 objectives per EFGH to get a starstone. If youre only doing the bosses, youre only covering 1/3rd of the avenues you have for a starstone.

FGH bitzers objectives are all easy
EF nakuls are easy
Then of course EFG bosses

Theres 8 opportunities for starstones right there.

The way we do it is not very well optimized yet (i.e. we still need to get basement H access) but we still get 4-5 opportunities for starstones per run. Nonetheless we haven't seen a starstone in the past 5-6 runs.

Now that I look at the wiki, it says it's a Rare drop which is around 5%, so 1 out of 20 is kinda in line with that.

Definitely gonna need to do more starstones objectives or we will have to buy them for 90k galli.
First Page 2 3 ... 110 111 112 ... 148 149 150