Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 111 112 113 ... 144 145 146
 Asura.Warmoose
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2023-01-20 05:46:38
Link | Citer | R

Can always add in F objectives. I know you mentioned EG.

Go into F, do 5/5 lockstyle, have everyone move back behind WKR gate, zone back in and do nakuls.

We like to pull the 1st 3 flans everytime we enter E, in the event bitzer and flan room are together. They Aeolian edge cleave down real fast. Other than that its just luck.

In an ABC GEF run. We can usually guarantee these 8 if everyone is moving smoothly and communicating:

G 30s stare/BOSS
E boss/flans+bitzer room clear/WKR
F Lockstyle+boss

Then depending on time after F boss clear we deternine if WKR+H bitzer obj is in the cards or not.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-01-20 09:01:46
Link | Citer | R

If you kill the 3 flans you get 2 chests (if the flan room has the bitzer).
[+]
 Asura.Warmoose
By Asura.Warmoose 2023-01-20 09:48:03
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
We skipped the 3 Flans and got the Bitzer chest after clearing the 12 fans in the room.

You mean you got the bitzer room objective? You need the first 3 flans to complete the "defeat all flans" obj.

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
If you kill the 3 flans you get 2 chests (if the flan room has the bitzer).

This. Leaden>TF always knocks em down to 15-20% or kills them with SC dmg sometimes. We do them accepting the risk that the bitzer mau ot may not be in the flan room. But when it is... ooooh sweet double blue chest
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-01-20 11:11:33
Link | Citer | R

FWIW if the Bitzer is in the Flan room and you didn't kill the 3 at the start you can kill 3 flans -> respawn Esurrient foes -> kill the other 12 and get double chest. Or you can kill all 12, respawn foes, kill three, get both chests. You don't need to kill the 3 in the first room at all.

It is slightly more muffin-efficient to kill the first 3 since you get fewer muffins after respawning foes, but you "risk" killing 3 flans for no reason if the Bitzer is in the 4 square room.

To each their own, but this info has been helpful to our group to prioritize what to do.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-01-20 17:35:04
Link | Citer | R

Any tips on meleeing the mini-naakuals? They don't seem to be very melee friendly, or at least non-heavy magical WS friendly.
 Shiva.Zerkles
Serveur: Shiva
user: zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2023-01-20 19:04:45
Link | Citer | R

SAM 4 step 1 shots most of them. Acc requirement is def up there tho. Or just savage spam.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-01-20 21:40:43
Link | Citer | R

They die to any physical WS, SC is even better.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-01-21 01:19:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Warmoose said: »

Go into F, do 5/5 lockstyle, have everyone move back behind WKR gate, zone back in and do nakuls.

We like to pull the 1st 3 flans everytime we enter E, in the event bitzer and flan room are together. They Aeolian edge cleave down real fast. Other than that its just luck.

In an ABC GEF run. We can usually guarantee these 8 if everyone is moving smoothly and communicating:

G 30s stare/BOSS
F Lockstyle+boss

Then depending on time after F boss clear we deternine if WKR+H bitzer obj is in the cards or not.

What's your route?

I'm with a group trying to improve slowly but surely. We currently do:
1- Pull Acuex to door/rest -> aeolian / last hit magic x6 (kill Leech NM if he's by the door)
2- A boss (scission MB stone spam)
3- Run to E going thru fomors, kill Leech NM if he's in that room
4- kill 3 Flan at entrance, find and Kill Botulus LS spam from behind
5- Aeolian Edge 12 Flan hope for double chest, run back and do WKR that now spawned
6- E Boss (more stone spam, usually aeolian > savage for scission, but sch can open)
7- run to C skeletons, killing Bhoot otw, 1 person runs from B instead of C to grab the B door blue chest
8- Skillchain/Burst x6 skeles
9- C Boss, Fire> Thunder spam on the liq>fusion>light>light skillchain
10- run to G basement, find the Naraka and kill him, he dies quick and even though the metal isnt important he's worth some muffins
11- G Boss, same as C boss strat, using exenterator on cor to avoid missing (*** Important to note, we save bolster and tabula rasa for this boss, after writing this, I'm thinking maybe we can do this boss 1st, and WC to get it maybe back for E?)
12- Here we have usually ~ 15minutes left, i'm sure this can be improved... we then find the bitzer, stare for 30secs, and leave w/ a Breakga, generally on the vampyrs
13- ??? can do B boss if you have time, or hunt down the porxie + have the cor kill 3 elementals quick, or go to F and find the bitzer w/ 5/5 lockstyle....

If you're getting that much more done, either your route is very different, or we need to make major improvements (which im sure is true regardless)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-01-21 01:44:37
Link | Citer | R

We do C -> Naraka -> G -> A -> E -> B -> F -> F Naakuals

Leech/Porxie/Bhoot if they're on the way. Empy and stare chests, the simple 100/300 galli chests on the way to bosses. Benefit of this NM order is that you are guaranteed a Bolster for both G and F bosses either through a WC reset on G (also gives a 2nd Rayke for faster kill) or cutting cards on the GEO immediately after WC fails. Not sure what all Warmoose's team does, mine probably wouldn't have time for flans.
 Fenrir.Zenion
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2023-01-21 05:35:38
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »
Any tips on meleeing the mini-naakuals? They don't seem to be very melee friendly, or at least non-heavy magical WS friendly.

My group kinda "just does them"; we're usually sam war cor whm brd geo, with the whm usually meleeing but the brd not. Buffs are a pretty big deal. When possible, leave ice cat for last because it can dispel all buffs on every party member at one shot.

Bird and cat seem to be a little more vulnerable to magic weaponskills, the rest drop a little faster to physical ones.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-01-21 07:34:47
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Leech/Porxie/Bhoot if they're on the way. Empy and stare chests, the simple 100/300 galli chests on the way to bosses. Benefit of this NM order is that you are guaranteed a Bolster for both G and F bosses either through a WC reset on G (also gives a 2nd Rayke for faster kill) or cutting cards on the GEO immediately after WC fails. Not sure what all Warmoose's team does, mine probably wouldn't have time for flans.

Do you do any Aminon runs? perhaps A> D> H> E> Aminon? My goal for my group is to be comfortable doing the NMs were doing enough to start playing around with an A day B day type situation, where we'll eventually be doing Aminon regularly.
By Dodik 2023-01-21 07:36:21
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Zenion said: »
My group kinda "just does them"; we're usually sam war cor whm brd geo, with the whm usually meleeing but the brd not. Buffs are a pretty big deal. When possible, leave ice cat for last because it can dispel all buffs on every party member at one shot.

Bird and cat seem to be a little more vulnerable to magic weaponskills, the rest drop a little faster to physical ones.

Yeah, I'll keep skipping them seeing as I'm usually solo/low man and typically without a brd. Accuracy just not there without one, even with indi-precision from Idris Geo.
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-01-21 10:54:34
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

this is what what my group does as well, after F boss dies, we have around 10 min ish left, perhaps we could have done D shard/D boss or nakuuals but we opted for the F/H blue chests
 Asura.Warmoose
By Asura.Warmoose 2023-01-21 11:44:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dexprozius said: »

G 30s stare/BOSS
F Lockstyle+boss

What's your route?

I'm with a group trying to improve slowly but surely. We currently do:
1- Pull Acuex to door/rest -> aeolian / last hit magic x6 (kill Leech NM if he's by the door)
2- A boss (scission MB stone spam)
3- Run to E going thru fomors, kill Leech NM if he's in that room
4- kill 3 Flan at entrance, find and Kill Botulus LS spam from behind
5- Aeolian Edge 12 Flan hope for double chest, run back and do WKR that now spawned
6- E Boss (more stone spam, usually aeolian > savage for scission, but sch can open)
7- run to C skeletons, killing Bhoot otw, 1 person runs from B instead of C to grab the B door blue chest
8- Skillchain/Burst x6 skeles
9- C Boss, Fire> Thunder spam on the liq>fusion>light>light skillchain
10- run to G basement, find the Naraka and kill him, he dies quick and even though the metal isnt important he's worth some muffins
11- G Boss, same as C boss strat, using exenterator on cor to avoid missing (*** Important to note, we save bolster and tabula rasa for this boss, after writing this, I'm thinking maybe we can do this boss 1st, and WC to get it maybe back for E?)
12- Here we have usually ~ 15minutes left, i'm sure this can be improved... we then find the bitzer, stare for 30secs, and leave w/ a Breakga, generally on the vampyrs
13- ??? can do B boss if you have time, or hunt down the porxie + have the cor kill 3 elementals quick, or go to F and find the bitzer w/ 5/5 lockstyle....

If you're getting that much more done, either your route is very different, or we need to make major improvements (which im sure is true regardless)

ABC GEF

You should prebuff perpetuance buffs under naturalists roll as close to entry as possible. Atleast haste pro/shell/regen and haste on yourself and tank.

1. Bolterz and run straight to A ramp pulling all agro along the way. And we do the 3 magic kills and 2 extra for the blue chest and /heal(heal can be done anywhere past A gate, not in the gate room). Leach/acuex kills are 1xTF or leaden from 100%, and its under 20-30% for a nuke kill. Then go on to boss. Rayke, fire>TF and MBs usually bring it fown to 12% and RNG finishes off.

2. Run east hugging the north wall to b boss ramp. Get bubbles down asap and two TF can kill a water elemental, 3 for ice. Should get the 3 30s kills and 5 total and can goto boss. WF>WF and burst appropriate with hands. Biggest key is to keep SC uptime.. so i just start another WF when theres 2s left on SC window. Id rather have an overlap, than gap in SC windows. I dont change storms, and I usually perpt the sandstorm back at A. So sometimes we get lucky if its thunder hands

3. Hugging the east wall we run south. Should get a c gate blue chest and bhoot if its up. Leaden > trueflight for frag kills minis bosses real fast. Then AE>AE on 3 undead. Aero MB1 for obj and t3 or t4 mb for the kill. This will get closer to kills as you ae them down next to eachother.

Boss is trueflight > pryrohelix > thunder > trueflight with rayke and it will have 10% left usually. Just let rng finish it and save strats.

Bolters to C>G bitzers,

We go for obdella/porxie/bhoot if its only on the way. Otherwise we dont make extra out of the way trips. Leaden>TF will slaughter them with a thunder MB, wind for porxie.

4. In G area find and hit naraka with fusion>trueflight. Leaden trueflight to wind MB if first SC didn't do it. Head to G boss.. tabula rasa fresh regen/adloquiem/haste on tank, and go on embrava. BLM ES burn, and all his SPs, ranger overkill, GEO bolster, then wildcard on BLMs call.. he'll ES impact. And then its the same SC

Tf > pyrohelixix > thunder > TF. Because of TP wipe and aoes.. stay 20 back. RUN be mindul distance and only move laterally on fetters. Pulling a mob out of immanence/MB/ws range is annoying. I also sometimes will close the thunder/fusion early on RNG if I'm holding tp too long in fear of tp wipe. If you get a TP wipe, its fine, just start the SC over again

Cutting cards GEO if no reset.

Bolters and sneak. Get 30s stare chest and head to A>E

5. E. Pull first 3 rooms flans, go kill botulus. Leaden > TF 2x usually. Finish off with TF spam if needed, head to boss.

Immanance fire>TF until dead. We dont kite unless poison goes up. Exit and at this point you need to look at the clock and make a decision.

25-30 minutes, you do flans and WKR room. I'll windstorm up and fresh haste everyone and we cleave them down. BLM spams sleepga 1 and 2 and breakga to keep them stunlocked. RUN spams shockwave. They should die quick. 20 mins.. maybe only do flan room.

WKR scs are.

Lion/tree fusion>TF both fire MB
Shark leaden/TF thunder. Save this for when SCH is low on strats.
Bird fire>TF for stone
Bee/trex distortion>leaden for darkness to water or ice MB. Wf can extend darkness.

B>F straight to boss. Wf>WF raykes and save RD reset for rayke/gambit. Exit for 5/5 lockstyle.

Based on time remaining you can do WKR, H bitzer, or mainfloor deliterious for aurum and a red/blue chest. 2 blue chests if you can do job order.

Biggest thing..

RNG and COR need acc toggles. I cannot stress this enough. On F boss i go perun/nusku shield in my acc set. COR needs 1580+ or to roll hunters on himself on the side. Usual reasons for losing F boss is because of COR inability to keep up with the SC pace. So kustawi+1 r15, or caecothic+1, whatever it takes. I turn down CORs if they dont have an acc set/toggle. If doing WKR.. and the COR isnt involved in the current SC.. tp anyways. Be ready to SC when your mob is coming up.

Other reasons for a slow run, people carelessly dps/ws spamming and thinking they're godmode and can beat the other dd to a sc, or that they can sneak dmg in between a sch or usual sc. stick to the SCs, youre cutting out multiple nukers that otherwise cap dmg on multiple MBs if sc window is up.

Poor bolters management.

Rayke timing. Dont just put it up and say "lol ok its up. Go for it." Learn the SCs and put it up last minutes.. i.e. right before sc window opens. Raykes is the diffence of 99k on nuke walls or 58k. Maximize your time in it.

The COR/RNG not being able to hand that they're not the star of the show. So they close SC windows early because they have an itchy finger or are bored. You need to maximize those windows, the SCH/BLM can output much more damage, and can only do it in that short window

poor sch strat management is another. Waiting on strats bogs down the run. I buff on the ABC ramps, or during flan cleaves, or during tabula. You should only need to perpetuance regen 3x in there if you prebuff it under naturalists outside. Run should get a 20 minute haste outside. Boss ramp A sandstorm perp and adloqium should last you for A and B boss, along with your regen. Then i only immanence aurorastorm the rng, cor still gets voidstorm just not perp. Then when youre at C ramp, redo regens and firestorms. Re-perpetuance aurorastorm on RNG and voidstorm the COR. I prep accession/perpetuance on my runs from ABC since strats stay up for 60s, and i can get them to recharge back. Then i just buff when everyone arrives. A lot of just being proactive and looking for work.

And last is temps. It costs too many strats for your SCH to come out of dark arts to heal/remove statuses for you. Just bring your own panaceas, remedies, holy waters and sneak/invises. Those are all dumb reasons to slow down a run.

I think your routes and stops and disrupting bolters may save you some time. I.e. you probably bolters to a gate.. do obj. And bolters again or just run slow to boss. My group pretty much rides bolters boss ramp to boss ramp.

Sorry I'm kinda driving and chipping at this at each stop. I can fix it/clear up anything i missed later.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-01-22 18:16:35
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the 10/10 response. All of this info is really helpful. Sorry you had to type it out while driving lol.

We don't use ranger, so I'm wondering how much of a hit that is, using a 2nd cor or 2nd sch in it's stead. I'm sure at the end of the day its very similar, just different skillchains, but likely a tad slower.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-01-22 18:59:56
Link | Citer | R

We do SCH Fire > TF on F boss with thunder hand and Leaden > SCH Distortion > RNG Wildfire for wind hand, so COR has more time to get TP and its also 3 step which is better for nukers.

We are also definitely not that focused in our runs and we dont do things as optimized as you described too. Our SCH removes our statuses usually, we do Warclock/Wizard/Samurai before EFG bosses. We usually finish all 3 basement bosses with around 10-15min remaining and we usually do Flans in E for 1-2 blue caskets and blue casket in H.

I also haven't used Overkill once as RNG. Just barrage and double shot after that.

SO I dont think you need to be that stressed to do the run that perfectly to pull it off, because on top of not being optimal in our approach, we also talk/joke on Discord whole run, so we sometimes make mistakes because of that and we still have lots of spare time. I think the few times that something went bad was when someone aggroed few mobs close to bitzer in middle of vampires or pixies and BLM forgot to breakga or assumed its not needed and someone got left behind and died :)
 Asura.Warmoose
By Asura.Warmoose 2023-01-22 19:44:13
Link | Citer | R

Yeah its not as stressed and as detailed as it sounds reading it. We've been a static for 2 years, so we bounce of eachother pretty well, and have dialed in all these things over the last 2 months of doing it this way.

I just pop overkill because its free and wildcard is getting thrown out. Why wouldnt you want free double/triple shot activation? And it saves your double shot for use after.

Getting two sets of WKR/more blue chests really does take some time shaving anywhere you can get it.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-01-23 01:57:56
Link | Citer | R

Do either of you do Aminon runs in parity with the afformentioned style of run? If so, how does that go? Do you swap the RNG for a RDM and have most sub /dkr?
By SimonSes 2023-01-23 03:09:22
Link | Citer | R

Do either of you do Aminon runs in parity with the afformentioned style of run? If so, how does that go? Do you swap the RNG for a RDM and have most sub /dkr?

Yeah ideally you would mix that run with doing Aminon by switching RNG to RDM and usual strategy of /drk and TP denial. Whole run would look like this.

- Go do D
- Get KI to enter D boss
- kill D boss
- Go to H and kill H boss and roaming NM
- go to G and do roaming NM and blue casket from staring at bitzer
- go to F and do roaming NM and blue casket from lockstyle at bitzer
- go to E and kill roaming NM and kill Aminon
- do whatever you want with the time you have left

We only did that once tho, because Odyssey V25 came out soon after and we started doing Odyssey and just do occasional Sortie ABCEFG for now. We plan to go back to Sortie to do such mix with Aminon every other run.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-01-23 08:44:05
Link | Citer | R

Standard Aminon setup these days is still using TP drain method as far as I know. So, it's RUN/WHM or /SCH, SCH/DRK, RDM/DRK, GEO/DRK, BLM/DRK, and COR/SAM. You can, and should, still be able to clear fights like Dhartok/Ghatjot and Skomora/Triboulex with this setup. How you set up and schedule your runs is going to be up to your group, how often you do Sortie, job availability, and job gear/skill. Some variation of D & H > B & F > A & E plus all basement NMs for Seal on day one, then A > Aminon > E > C & G is a good setup, but requires a run or two to gather up the Temp items to create this rotation.
[+]
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2023-01-25 08:47:25
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if it's been mentioned previously but I accidentally did a helix on F boss today. The boss went unclaimed and the helix killed it, but we did not get the 10k reward etc for killing it - presumably because it went unclaimed. Ouch.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-01-25 08:54:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jokes said: »
Not sure if it's been mentioned previously but I accidentally did a helix on F boss today. The boss went unclaimed and the helix killed it, but we did not get the 10k reward etc for killing it - presumably because it went unclaimed. Ouch.
Minus "presumably".
Had something similar happen to me on boss G in PUG.
Once the boss died to Helix when someone was up but boss went unclaimed for a while.

The other time we DID get the 10k but because the boss died 1 second after I died (and I was the last one standing) we still got the points.
On my screen when the boss died his name wasn't red anymore, but it literally happened like ~1 second after I died.

From this I get that it takes a bit more than 1 second (2? 3?) to get a real reset on the hate tables, as that likely is the real source of no points if a boss dies unclaimed.
Not sure what we can get out of this, client<>server communication latency or something? Boss was unclaimed on my client screen, but server-side (where the calculations happen) the boss died one nanosecond before being considered unclaimed?
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-01-25 11:47:41
Link | Citer | R

Oh thank God I'm not the only one who has done this. But yeah, I can corroborate that an NM dying unclaimed/de-aggro'd will not provide any rewards to the group.
[+]
By Taint 2023-01-25 12:48:16
Link | Citer | R

You are not alone! lol.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-01-25 15:36:22
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »

You are not alone! lol.

This is something people do exactly once, then never again lol.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2023-01-26 20:25:32
Link | Citer | R

any tips for meleeing Triboulex?
we had 1 run where it seemed to go fine and didnt get amnesia spam the whole time but today that was not the case. is that just a positioning issue? if tank stands at max range can melees stand behind it and not get hit by the pulses? I dont think I moved at all but there were a bunch of totems all slightly unstacked around me by the time we got stage sat
Just not sure what was different this run
By Mirdain 2023-01-26 21:48:15
Link | Citer | R

Use at your own risk -

https://github.com/Mirdain/Sortie

Known issue: Clicking only works on 1080p.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2023-01-27 07:18:02
Link | Citer | R

So they are finally going to Fix some of the sortie entrandce ***?
By Taint 2023-01-27 07:46:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Fondue said: »
Triboulex

He should be pretty straight forward melee zerg. You don't need a tank but one person with hate helps since they get all the fetters.

SPs can help but not needed. We do our tank (RUN or SAM or WAR) in front everyone else in the back.
First Page 2 3 ... 111 112 113 ... 144 145 146