First Page 2 3 ... 149 150 151 152
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-20 11:44:47
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
also lacking impact, could probably work though

My scrub *** doesn't have impact now lol....
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-20 11:50:29
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Samuraiking said: »
Does Resist status ailments somehow translate to dmg reduction, or is it just purely for the TP gain? Because I feel like even with capped DT, Aminon is gonna hurt with zero MDB on armor. I feel like we have had some people in idle sets that were capped DT, but not good stuff like Sakpata/Nyame, and they were taking more dmg than the rest of us by a lot. Maybe it was some missing DT though.

As for the effectiveness, you are maybe matching a DRK's absorb rate or slightly beating it in TP gain, but you are losing 1700-ish TP from Impact every 20-30s and as you already mentioned, haste cap from no /SAM on basement bosses, where DRK gets LR cap. As well as having one less absorber. It's fine with DNC because they are replacing the BRD/DNC in the older meta, so you aren't losing an absorb person, but you do lose one when you go from DRK to WAR.

I also find it a bit spotty with a PLD healer for basement bosses. If poisona or remedy comes up a bit slow, you can get whacked for 2k, 3k or even some 4k clobberings. I usually drain on DRK before the boss fight so that I have 6k+ HP for that and spikes.

Seems like bigger risk without even a bigger reward. I doubt Warcry up 20-24% of the time is gonna make up for 5-10 extra 2k+ TP WS from the Impacts, but I am also not positive.

Lots of great points, and we just started HM attempts, but something I noticed was that, with 5 people spamming absorb TP, the TP gain is pretty minimal (lots of pulls between 60-100) which is great for not letting him get a TP move off, but bad for WS frequency.

I spent 8 hours farming Shinryu normal for twilight and never got a cloak, so still no impact, and as Wfoad pointed out, no Foenaria (Helheim gang rise up) to quickly replenish MP.

We were gonna try BRD/DNC with my DRK anyway, but didn't know if BRD/DRK and letting him absorb while maybe a WAR/DNC could handle the steps.

I have DNC (finally going to finish upgrading empy hands for max Reverse Flourish today) so will probably end up on that, but wanted to explore some different options.

Thanks for the feedback.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2024-04-20 12:32:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
I spent 8 hours farming Shinryu normal for twilight and never got a cloak, so still no impact
Were you procing blue?
[+]
By Nariont 2024-04-20 13:13:14
Link | Citer | R

I spent 8 hours farming Shinryu normal for twilight and never got a cloak, so still no impact, and as Wfoad pointed out, no Foenaria (Helheim gang rise up) to quickly replenish MP.

Htb or actual shinryu? Normal shin can still be singy but nit near as bad as htb.

As to MP you got aspirs to recover MP inbetween abs TP shots
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-20 13:29:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »
I spent 8 hours farming Shinryu normal for twilight and never got a cloak, so still no impact
Were you procing blue?

Not the whole time, but some LS friends came out for a few hours and helped proc while I was on THF. Might as well just did HTB and tried for a Crep, drop rate seems to be about the same anyway >.>;
By Godfry 2024-04-20 13:31:26
Link | Citer | R

Were you procing blue?

Not the whole time, but some LS friends came out for a few hours and helped proc while I was on THF. Might as well just did HTB and tried for a Crep, drop rate seems to be about the same anyway >.>;

The best drop rate for Crep is AFKing in rabao with 200m. A NM will pop in your yell. Be ready to claim it.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-20 14:11:23
Link | Citer | R

Were you procing blue?

:O Don't even have non ilvl version? For shame! Even I have that :P
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-20 18:30:19
Link | Citer | R

Godfry said: »
Were you procing blue?

The best drop rate for Crep is AFKing in rabao with 200m. A NM will pop in your yell. Be ready to claim it.

Believe it or not, I got 2 cloaks the same day through AMAN and gave them both to LS mates that play mage jobs far more often than I thought I'd ever be casting impact on DRK.
[+]
By drakefs 2024-04-20 20:10:25
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Gavroches said: »
- I’m speechless about reading a bard that gather all rema but somehow not R-15 the carn … amazing

Yes, because all players who play BRD, only play BRD and never work on any other jobs...

K123 said: »
What's a carbuncle? ;)

The best low pop server there is!
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-04-21 08:52:53
Link | Citer | R

Believe it or not, I got 2 cloaks the same day through AMAN and gave them both to LS mates that play mage jobs far more often than I thought I'd ever be casting impact on DRK.

Well you deserve to told good job on being a good person and you're an idiot at the same time. I hope you get either impact cloak soon

drakefs said: »
- I’m speechless about reading a bard that gather all rema but somehow not R-15 the carn … amazing

Yes, because all players who play BRD, only play BRD and never work on any other jobs...

Anybody that plays BRD at all knows that's what everyone else wants for them.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2024-04-24 00:36:48
Link | Citer | R

- on top of, dude is working on aminion, so he’s playing plenty of hours… might even have the P-horn … funny

Are you happy now?
[+]
By Godfry 2024-04-24 01:27:51
Link | Citer | R

Might have been something that was already mentioned here, but today we accidentally went A, then aminon HM where we cutting cards bard. We were able to kill aminon and E before SV was over. We then did all upstairs bosses and SV at H, which allowed us to do H F G with SV still up. No WC. It felt like a pretty good amd replicable path.

Bottom line: all basement bosses with SV up and no WC.
[+]
By Dubaiii 2024-04-24 01:45:40
Link | Citer | R

Might have been something that was already mentioned here, but today we accidentally went A, then aminon HM where we cutting cards bard. We were able to kill aminon and E before SV was over. We then did all upstairs bosses and SV at H, which allowed us to do H F G with SV still up. No WC. It felt like a pretty good amd replicable path.

Bottom line: all basement bosses with SV up and no WC.

Amazing work, care to share a video of it, so everyone try to copy your strat?
By Godfry 2024-04-24 01:59:18
Link | Citer | R

Dubaiii said: »
Amazing work, care to share a video of it, so everyone try to copy your strat?
Wouldn't call it my strat. Besides the pathing i shared, that we didn't even plan for, everything else is just a copy of what has been shared here.
[+]
 Asura.Warmoose
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2024-04-24 04:53:59
Link | Citer | R

- on top of, dude is working on aminion, so he’s playing plenty of hours… might even have the P-horn … funny

Are you happy now?

Thank you for conforming to community standards.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-04-24 08:50:10
Link | Citer | R

Peer pressure at its finest.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-04-24 09:03:48
Link | Citer | R

which allowed us to do H F G with SV still up.

Probably an obvious question, but how are you running from H to F to G and killing all three bosses in the 12min that SV songs last at max duration?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-24 09:05:10
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »

Probably an obvious question, but how are you running from H to F to G and killing all three bosses in the 12min that SV songs last at max duration?

He can answer for himself, but SV songs are more like 15 if you pre-cast them and then nitro as the SV buff is wearing off you.
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
Serveur: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-04-24 09:06:26
Link | Citer | R

Short SV songs prior to Aita (you may want to double march for that fight), then long songs after it dies. Then run to F and G.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-04-24 09:06:54
Link | Citer | R

We didn’t do extended songs, but we had extremely good bitzers in h and f. Aka right outside boss room for both.

It takes about 3.5 minutes to run between the bosses each, so that’s about 5 minutes of total fight time.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-24 09:29:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Warmoose said: »

Are you happy now?

[+]
By Godfry 2024-04-24 11:34:03
Link | Citer | R

I was gonna edit to highlight the lucky bitzers, but I think if you extend the songs, like what Maletaru suggested, you can still reliably kill all three remaining basement bosses while SV is still up.
By Dubaiii 2024-04-26 04:10:57
Link | Citer | R

Dear Veteran PLDs, what is the requirement for a PLD to tank Amonion and do 9 bosses run, like is there a guidelines that help fellow PLDs to be Good on 9 bosses. Humbly requesting a guide to assist everyoen to do 9 bosses easily and more effectivly as PLD.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-04-26 05:57:01
Link | Citer | R

^ 2nd this. I could use more info to point my new PLD in my static to, as he's just learning and could use all the help/info he can get.

Specifically if someone has a graphic and or written out method for clean kiting H boss during gravity II/indi grav. It seems his running pattern is tough and very often he'll still get a move off which can be deadly.

Alot of the stuff might just be paladin basics tho, juggling hate tools, but any info would be appreciated.
[+]
By Taint 2024-04-26 09:03:54
Link | Citer | R

I'm not an expert (I just started going PLD) but our strat is pretty sound.

H: RDM pulls with CS+Sabo Gravity 2 spam. As soon as its lands PLD Flash > Sent > Palisade > Rampart. You may be able to sneak in a bash. Run away from the party and be 20+ at all times. Pick a direction and keep moving in that circle around the room. Sometimes you have to pause for a second and maybe even reverse direction. Keeping him at 20+ is more important than the circle but you want both ideally.

I go /RUN so hate is never an issue with the extra JAs and foil.

I use Burt and Srivatsa for the enmity.

General stuff: PLD and BRD can get D KI. Swift > RLB > Flat > Savage > CDC = dead mob. Go to C warp > West, SW to the 4 hall area for easy pulls. You don't need sneak or invis just hug the wall around the 6 formors in the first room.

On B if Thunder just stay at 20 and heal. Your DPS isn't important and his stuns lead to interesting moments.

E you can get Metal from Bot or just kite, gravity 2 is enough since he stops to spit every couple seconds.

G you can stand at max range and the rest of the party on the opposite side to avoid the debuffs.

Don't forget to heal.

Lots of credit to this forum, Lumengrid and Bullmung on Asura for mapping out the strats we use.
[+]
By Godfry 2024-04-26 14:26:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Specifically if someone has a graphic and or written out method for clean kiting H boss during gravity II/indi grav. It seems his running pattern is tough and very often he'll still get a move off which can be deadly.

Not as experienced as others but we haven't had problems on PLD in our runs so here is my two cents:

Do the entry enmity rotation that Taint mentioned above and add invincible to it so he doesn't have to worry about enmity.

One thing that I personally try to avoid is allowing Aita to cross through the bubble. I usually try to make him run at the edge of it. Allowing him to cut through will usually make him get too close to you which is when those TP moves happen.

To the points and arrows to the image above, the letter is where you want to be, and the letter with (") is where you want Aita to be.

A. I start by going to the middle, wait for gravity, do my JAs and run to the edge of the bubble, but a little upwards, then I run to B.

B. As Aita gets closer to the edge, I run to while watching where he is (cause his pathing is weird, so don't just run from point to point).

C. From C I just run all the way to D so that he takes a straight path from C" to D".

D. Here, you need to go from D to E but you have to make a judgement when to start, cause that edge on E might get you too close to him. If he needs to walk outside the bubble for a couple of seconds it's no big deal. Just don't let him get close to you.

E-F. D-E-F is almost used to re-position him in case he is not where you want him to be. For instance, if he is too close to C" and you run D-F straight, he will cut through the middle and put you in danger on G.

G-H Pretty much the same as above.

If you are /RUN you can do some foils while you are repositioning him.
 Carbuncle.Chriztian
user: Chriztian
By Carbuncle.Chriztian 2024-04-26 17:49:02
Link | Citer | R

How is the damage like to the group btw? Do you have to go back and forward and heal on your pld? Does the dnc do any healing? Just curious.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2024-04-26 18:02:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Warmoose said: »

Are you happy now?

he actually just wanted you to buy the detritus he had on ah
By Godfry 2024-04-26 18:55:27
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Chriztian said: »
How is the damage like to the group btw? Do you have to go back and forward and heal on your pld? Does the dnc do any healing? Just curious.

I haven't had to heal my group on H and F. On H I feel like if you are having to heal its because something went wrong.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 149 150 151 152