Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » November 2021 Version Update
November 2021 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 16 17 18
By RadialArcana 2021-11-11 08:01:38
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Illumin said: »
The scariest thing is that the future of the game I love is more or less being held in the balance by a small number of development PS2 units. :(

It's really not that big of a deal, they made it out to be so but it's not.

Electronic devices don't explode when they get older, they keep working just fine. When they don't, they can be repaired since it's often just easily replaced parts that fail or heat stress fractures on solder joints.

Also it's worth pointing out that a lot of this stuff can be done outside of a ps2 dev kit anyway these days.
[+]
By ksoze 2021-11-11 08:04:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bixbite said: »
Wait it just did a 20k armor shatterer so it didnt fall from last night lol. I do have a second pup i'll with to see the difference in damage once i've mastered fully.

Slap some overdrive on that puppy
 Bahamut.Belkin
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-11-11 08:23:30
Link | Citer | R

Mattelot said: »
This has probably already been answered but nothing increases EP gains, rings, rolls, etc right?

Corsair Roll 100% works. Very noticeable increase in gainz.

I couldn't eyeball a difference with Kupofried, however.
[+]
 Asura.Jokes
Serveur: Asura
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2021-11-11 08:24:12
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know what the score is with the new Dynamis shards? We did Dynamis last night and Ruaumako got the Valiant Ninja's Shard on his alt's NIN, and unlocked all the Relic +3 upgrades (He didn't have them previously).

I was in the same Dynamis also on a job that hadn't unlocked everything, but didn't get the shard :3
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-11 08:25:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jokes said: »
I was in the same Dynamis also on a job that hadn't unlocked everything, but didn't get the shard :3
you sure? check the very bottom of your permanent KI menu. I got my whm one upon zoning in without any notification in chat or anything
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2021-11-11 08:26:36
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
you sure? check the very bottom of your permanent KI menu. I got my whm one upon zoning in without any notification in chat or anything

Yep nothing there :(

Do you have to speak to an NPC first?
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2021-11-11 10:24:31
Link | Citer | R

Confirmed Mlvl Beastmaster / Summoner pets have been nerfed since yesterday >< went from around 17 attack gained per level down to 1.5 attack per level post patch.

Quote:
Do you still have +10 pet skills per master level right now? Have you resummoned your pet since the patch? The skill levels might correct themselves as soon as you do.

Yes I’ve resummoned and changed jobs. Still +10 per level. Have you not gained a mastery level yet. The first one is only like 6 apex kills.
By Aerix 2021-11-11 10:31:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bixbite said: »
Wait it just did a 20k armor shatterer so it didnt fall from last night lol. I do have a second pup i'll test with to see the difference in damage once i've mastered fully.

Do you still have +10 pet skills per master level right now? Have you resummoned your pet since the patch? The skill levels might correct themselves as soon as you do.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-11-11 10:43:52
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know what the score is with the new Dynamis shards? We did Dynamis last night and Ruaumako got the Valiant Ninja's Shard on his alt's NIN, and unlocked all the Relic +3 upgrades (He didn't have them previously).

It makes sense that the 100 kills would unlock all pieces, since there's only one KI per job.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-11 10:53:16
Link | Citer | R

I think it's quite clear that +10 skill per level instead of +1 for pets was an error.
Did you guys really expect out pets to get +990skill to ALL skills at mastery level 99? C'mon...
By Mattelot 2021-11-11 11:16:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
I think it's quite clear that +10 skill per level instead of +1 for pets was an error.
Did you guys really expect out pets to get +990skill to ALL skills at mastery level 99? C'mon...

When pets sucked for such a large % of content, people assumed they were finally being thrown a bone.
 Shiva.Flowen
Serveur: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2021-11-11 11:35:15
Link | Citer | R

I propose the ffxiah community observe a 2 minute silence today to remember all the pet job players that spent yesterday grinding to mlvl 20.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2021-11-11 11:37:55
Link | Citer | R

Still have the +10 skills per pet level. Went from 3 to 5, resummoned each time for the +10 skills.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-11-11 12:06:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »

Im not exactly sure how Automaton is listed. It's 10 skill or just +10 attack/acc/etc. like on BST pet? (well on bst pet its more like 7~14 acc/att/eva/def depends on pet's job)

Now to answer this, OBVIOUSLY I expected that Sechs. Why? Because they want automaton and bst pet to fight with master in normal parties. Which mean both pet and automaton are without buffs. Is 990 at MAXIMUM Master Level that high? That would be what? Around 1900 acc and attack (total, not bonus)? After 99ML power creep players on buffs will be reaching that accuracy and we are already at 5-10k attack, so I expect next events to have around 1800 acc requirement and mobs with 2000+ def. How exactly you gonna buff avatars/bst's pets/automatons to not totally suck against that content, when you wont be able to buff them really? That 990 att/acc/eva/def was suppose to be alternative to giving them players buffs. Even with that boost pets would still be way way behind DD players, but could maybe at least hit mobs lol
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-11-11 12:13:13
Link | Citer | R

Jug pets and Avatars are now gaining 1.5 acc/att/eva/def, so yeah big disappointment. I expect Automaton getting +10 skill to be still bugged and it will be fixed in next emergency maint.

[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-11-11 12:36:53
Link | Citer | R

Oh I'm so happy right now. I'm currently in a manaburn party at the Apex gear camp in Nyzule, and it's working like a charm. Current setup is Run, 2 blms, sch, cor, and geo. There isn't too much to say other than that the magic accuracy threshold to nuke them is fairly high. But give the mages enough buffs and the gears melt in a single volley. Ice nukes obliterate them. Restoral is a non issue when you just blow them up.

I spent a good 5 hours yesterday playing around with tp burn setups on the empty camps in promy dem. It's nice to see they added a good place for the mages and tank jobs to grind as well.

[+]
 Asura.Zetaking
user: metaking
By Asura.Zetaking 2021-11-11 12:37:02
Link | Citer | R

appears the apex emptys evasion boost might have gotten nurfed with the emergency maint. so im eating crow atm from my shell >.>;
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-11 13:29:52
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Is 990 at MAXIMUM Master Level that high?
It wouldn't have been as broken as many other things, but expecting SE to leave +990 skill was just being naive, imho.

They don't want to change the way things are now, that sort of "balance" that makes pet jobs unbalanced unless they're in pet-specific pts.
Is it good? Is it bad? I'm leaning towards the "bad" but that's irrelevant. Point is that they've been pretty adamant on NOT changing their mind so far all these years, would've been insanely surprised if suddenly they wanted to now.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2021-11-11 13:48:48
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Oh I'm so happy right now. I'm currently in a manaburn party at the Apex gear camp in Nyzule, and it's working like a charm. Current setup is Run, 2 blms, sch, cor, and geo. There isn't too much to say other than that the magic accuracy threshold to nuke them is fairly high. But give the mages enough buffs and the gears melt in a single volley. Ice nukes obliterate them. Restoral is a non issue when you just blow them up.

I spent a good 5 hours yesterday playing around with tp burn setups on the empty camps in promy dem. It's nice to see they added a good place for the mages and tank jobs to grind as well.

How were you making the skillchain, seems like a RUN would need insane acc to TP fast enough to SC with the COR?

I was landing like 40-50k leadens with no malaise, I would think a COR closing darkness with leaden and malaise would be 99k/99k?
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-11-11 13:52:30
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
How were you making the skillchain,

Scholar. I'm sure my setup can be improved upon, but it's really solid for a first time outing/test run. Our scholar is opening with distortion and the cor is following up with a closing leaden salute, which is hitting capped 99k darkness frequently enough. With that the 2 blms and the scholar are more then plenty to finish a gear in one salvo. Also the zone has permanent double water weather, so the geo is throwing in water nukes. Burn lands just fine too.

Quote:
I was landing like 40-50k leadens with no malaise, I would think a COR closing darkness with leaden and malaise would be 99k/99k?

Yes, thats happening too

[+]
By Mattelot 2021-11-11 14:01:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
seems like a RUN would need insane acc to TP fast enough to SC with the COR?

Epeolatry with AM3 and a good TP set, this is very doable.
By Starbucks 2021-11-11 14:02:22
Link | Citer | R

Is there a pre-req for starting to gain Master points (beyond being Master obviously)? Or can you just log in and join exp party and start?
By Mattelot 2021-11-11 14:03:52
Link | Citer | R

Starbucks said: »
Is there a pre-req for starting to gain Master points (beyond being Master obviously)? Or can you just log in and join exp party and start?

Get a KI from Moogle in Ru'lude Gardens
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2021-11-11 14:05:58
Link | Citer | R

Mattelot said: »
Asura.Toralin said: »
seems like a RUN would need insane acc to TP fast enough to SC with the COR?

Epeolatry with AM3 and a good TP set, this is very doable.

I was seeing the nee for about 1600 acc on these, with TP set/food and says hunters roll maybe so,

I would think charges would run low just with SCH doing 1 side of the skillchain, and keeping up perp regen/storms/refresh

I was thinking COR with STP/Hunter roll, malaise/haste
SCH regen/storms/phalanx/refresh/cures
RUN Groundstrike -> COR leaden -> MB Ice
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-11-11 14:16:07
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I'm sure the setup can be improved upon. My group just broke after about 2 hours, and I went from having only 2050 job points to Mastery rank 6 in the time (we took a 10 minute break after I got enough CP to hit 2100 job points for me to spend em and come back). That's a reasonable start for the strategy. If you guys wanna improve upon it by all means go for it. I'd love to hear what you come up with. It's nice to actually have a reason to get my black mage out and nuke stuff for a change. We all left entertained too. It was a refreshing change of pace from the usual form of grind.

Also fyi there are camps in all 4 wings of the zone. The thread specifically mentions silver seas remnants, but the other 3 have them cluttering up the lower floor branches as well. There's plenty of camps.
 Asura.Zetaking
user: metaking
By Asura.Zetaking 2021-11-11 14:34:29
Link | Citer | R

yea gotta love all the new camps, still sad no apex toucans and mamool tho ^.^/
By RadialArcana 2021-11-11 14:37:40
Link | Citer | R

Dho is about 128-130

These new apex camps are about 140-145?

How much exemplar points do they give?
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-11-11 14:48:48
Link | Citer | R

The gears and the promyvion camps are both the same Ilvl as far as I can tell, and yes it appears to be I140-I145. The base exemplar gain is around 550, but it increases as you grow the mastery chain. Last night I hit Mastery chain 42 in my promy burn, which was over 1K exemplar points for that kill. We lost the mastery chain after that, but interestingly enough we did not lose the capacity chain. So the time window between kills to continue the mastery chain shortens at a quicker rate than the capacity chain does. We ended up with the 2 chains desynched with something like capacity chain 55 and mastery chain 11 before stopping for the night.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-11 14:49:50
Link | Citer | R

I think the highest I saw in promy-dem earlier was low to mid 900s on a chain 30-50 something. Cor roll was up

Highest Ive seen on efts with cor roll up is 515 on chain 50+
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-11-11 14:53:00
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, we had corsair's roll up in my promy dem burn since we had enough buffs with bard to afford the exp slot. We used wizards/warlocks today on the gears because they have a pretty high magic accuracy requirement. We were using a pair of madrigals and haste 2 at the promy camp as well, so these new apex camps definitely do require an actual party with proper jobs and buffs to get anything decent out of. But once you have them they work like any other camp we've farmed before. I've actually been quite entertained just killing fodder mobs with friends like this.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 16 17 18