First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-11-15 12:20:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
Master Level bonuses to pets are unlikely to be related to the bonuses they get from additional ilvl.

if the pet is gaining levels it will.
 Asura.Bynebill
Serveur: Asura
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2021-11-15 13:24:51
Link | Citer | R

Anyone constantly R0ing in game since patch? started happening the past few days. Game just lags out for about 15-20seconds then goes back to normal. Seems to be inconsistent when multi boxing as well as each character experiences it at different times.

Other games/general internet doesn't seem to be experiencing any problems so not sure if its just the game atm.
By Guyford 2021-11-15 13:40:00
Link | Citer | R

Yes this is happening all the time to me in the mid afternoons since the pet emergency maint. Am dc'ed right now due to it and can't log back in, it gets stuck on notifying lobby server of selection
 Carbuncle.Gabvanstronger
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Gabvanstronger 2021-11-15 14:17:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Carbuncle.Gabvanstronger said: »
No idea if this was answered, I couldn't find it in the thread.
Killing 100 dynamis mobs (Squadron, statues didn't seem to count, don't know about bosses) give you the zone's unlock. (too lazy to upload the screenshot)
Quote:
You are now able to upgrade your relic armgear to +3.
So it's JUST the zone's related gear that gets enable to go to +3?
Not ALL the slots regardless of the zone where you achieved the 100kills requirement?
Unless the mechanic is "Enter every zone once and kill 100 mobs total" to unlock all +3, the 100kills requirement appears to be zone specific.

I'll test on another job on thusday that has 5/5 +2 pieces but 2/5 +3 pieces. If I end up having 5/5 +3 pieces, we'll be fixed.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-15 14:19:15
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
I also think Idris should be less of a boost over Dunna in general, so I'd like a buff to Dunna and the +2 neck (maybe to +7 and +7/8/8 respectively), but that's a separate issue.
I've been asking that for ages, but I think it's a bit too late now for that. People would get mad if they were to nerf Idris, and rightfully so.
Buffing Dunna? Maybe, but then again you have the JSE+2 neck which is +7, that's already perfectly in between Dunna and Idris so I think we're sorted out.

I like your idea of setting a cap to the max att down/def down reduction no matter the source.

Regardless of all we just said, if it were for me I would just nerf the spells that require nerfing, and remove the "hidden nerf". Maybe it's because I'm OCD but the fact that there's a hidden nerf and you don't know where it is, how it works, if it's 25%, 50% or 75%, blah blah. It's annoying.
Plus it's kinda in contrast with how they announced Geomancy should work.
Just nerf the spells that need it instead of these stupid hidden nerfs on specific content that don't even get publicized or explained.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-15 14:29:10
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
Master Level bonuses to pets are unlikely to be related to the bonuses they get from additional ilvl.

if the pet is gaining levels it will.
That's an if. SE has always spoken of ML levels granting pets combat skills and attributes directly.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-15 14:31:10
Link | Citer | R

Killing 100 dynamis mobs (Squadron, statues didn't seem to count, don't know about bosses) give you the zone's unlock. (too lazy to upload the screenshot)
Quote:
Not ALL the slots regardless of the zone where you achieved the 100kills requirement?
Unless the mechanic is "Enter every zone once and kill 100 mobs total" to unlock all +3, the 100kills requirement appears to be zone specific.

I'll test on another job on thusday that has 5/5 +2 pieces but 2/5 +3 pieces. If I end up having 5/5 +3 pieces, we'll be fixed.
I asked because, from data mining, people noticed there's only a single KI and because of that assumed completing that objective would have unlocked ALL the Relic+3 for that current job.

It sounded like a good change if you ask me. If you still need ~240hrs to unlock a SINGLE job then they didn't solve the main problem they were tryin to solve, imho.
100 kills instead of a Wave1 boss is a small difference.
100 kills instead of FOUR wave1 bosses in different zones instead, is quite the charming change for returning players.

Got nothing to say about the Omen changes instead, those were spot-on if you ask me.
 Odin.Foxmulder
Serveur: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-11-15 14:35:36
Link | Citer | R

I'd prefer they removed the crafting items and either do what they did with scales or add a weekly RoE for each boss for a scale.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-15 14:38:14
Link | Citer | R

The Crafting items had (still have?) a purpose though.
Remove gil from circulation.

It sounds nasty, it's a taxing cost for new players, I can acknowledge that.
But in the grand scheme of things it's a really useful aspect for the whole community.

If anything FFXI could use more things used to remove gil from circulation, to keep stagnation and inflation in check.
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-11-15 14:40:38
Link | Citer | R

If anything FFXI could use more things used to remove gil from circulation, to keep stagnation and inflation in check.

They could also.... ban the repeatedly reported bots and RMT to do the same thing to an exponential outcome...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-15 14:43:09
Link | Citer | R

If only square wasn't more concerned with profit than it is anything else. Well that's a story that's not ever going to change.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-15 14:45:23
Link | Citer | R

As much as I'd love them to do that, I'm not sure it would be more efficient.

Both time efficient and resources efficient (in terms of the resources required for SE to perform it)
Whereas gil-sink is quick, cheap and very efficient.

Last but not least: you would need gil sink (with less priority maybe) even if the world was magically devoid of RMTs. That's because in a game like FFXI people "generate" money from nothing by selling stuff to NPCs. (other games have the same aspect in the form of multiple daily repeatable quests)
Through this method even legit players "generate" gil from nothing, increasing the gil in circulation and then giving birth to all the series of events that will lead to inflation and stagnation.

So yeah, you would need some form of gil-sink even without RMTs.
 Carbuncle.Gabvanstronger
By Carbuncle.Gabvanstronger 2021-11-16 02:11:55
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

I asked because, from data mining, people noticed there's only a single KI and because of that assumed completing that objective would have unlocked ALL the Relic+3 for that current job.

It sounded like a good change if you ask me. If you still need ~240hrs to unlock a SINGLE job then they didn't solve the main problem they were tryin to solve, imho.
100 kills instead of FOUR wave1 bosses in different zones instead, is quite the charming change for returning players.

Got nothing to say about the Omen changes instead, those were spot-on if you ask me.

I think (but not sure) my BRD legs were +2 before my bastok run (hands) but now they're +3. So I'd be inclined to think its a "Enter every zone once and kill 100 mobs total".
Anyway, about 30hrs and I can check on my other job ^^
You made me curious lol
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-11-16 03:49:45
Link | Citer | R

You're talking about the ~1.1mil guild purchasable items for +2 upgrades? I don't mind those, and those indeed remove gil from circulation.

My issue is more with the AF+3 items that actually need to be crafted and purchased for upwards of 6mil total gil for some slots. Those don't remove any gil from circulation, they enrich crafters. And the prices are obnoxiously high since they're all slot-specific regardless of whether the piece is "worth it". Contrast that with relic +3, where the void/shards vary in price - generally based on how desirable the piece is.

I wish they added NPC buyable items for AF+3, maybe as an alternate path. Say, 2 of the Guild purchasable items (as opposed to 1 for lv119 AF+2), same amount of job cards, and the scale. At this point, screw protecting the crafters and their 4.8-5mil Niobium and Ruthenium Ingots. If SE made it a bit cheaper to complete some of these AF+3 with NPC buyable items, I would totally use that and make 100% of my AF+3 just for completion's sake and the dumb gold box (and everything on one storage slip lol), even the useless ones. Just like I made 100% of my Relic+3. And that would result in more gil taken out of circulation than the current system of requiring high level crafters to make the items.
By mostlycatless 2021-11-16 04:14:54
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

You're talking about the ~1.1mil guild purchasable items for +2 upgrades? I don't mind those, and those indeed remove gil from circulation.

My issue is more with the AF+3 items that actually need to be crafted and purchased for upwards of 6mil total gil for some slots. Those don't remove any gil from circulation, they enrich crafters. And the prices are obnoxiously high since they're all slot-specific regardless of whether the piece is "worth it". Contrast that with relic +3, where the void/shards vary in price - generally based on how desirable the piece is.

I wish they added NPC buyable items for AF+3, maybe as an alternate path. Say, 2 of the Guild purchasable items (as opposed to 1 for lv119 AF+2), same amount of job cards, and the scale. At this point, screw protecting the crafters and their 4.8-5mil Niobium and Ruthenium Ingots. If SE made it a bit cheaper to complete some of these AF+3 with NPC buyable items, I would totally use that and make 100% of my AF+3 just for completion's sake and the dumb gold box (and everything on one storage slip lol), even the useless ones. Just like I made 100% of my Relic+3. And that would result in more gil taken out of circulation than the current system of requiring high level crafters to make the items.

You think crafters just pull the materials used in those crafts out of thin air or something? The materials used in those synths come from NPC too, which means that yes, if you upgrade AF+3, gil is taken out of circulation, just indirectly. The profit margins on the synths are pretty small too, a couple 100k at best, often not even that. If prices are "obnoxiously high", it's just because the cost of materials is high.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-16 05:05:52
Link | Citer | R

My issue is more with the AF+3 items that actually need to be crafted and purchased

<cut>
Capu not sure if you're aware but those synths from crafters aren't made by "generic" materials. They are made from the very same stuff you buy from NPC but in multiple quantities, which get synthed into a single (and obviously more expensive) item.

There hardly is a profit there for them. So, even if indirectly, that's a way to take gil out of circulation as well.

We may argue that the price is quite steep for new players, I complained about it a few posts ago, but in the grand scheme of things it still serves the same purpose of being a gil-sink, rather than a mean for crafters to make money, because they hardly make any.
Well, at least on Asura, not sure how the situation is on other servers with less competition among crafters.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-11-16 06:01:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
If only square wasn't more concerned with profit than it is anything else. Well that's a story that's not ever going to change.

It's a publicly traded company, it's not optional.
 Sylph.Pve
Serveur: Sylph
user: zsky
By Sylph.Pve 2021-11-16 12:27:58
Link | Citer | R

It might be just me, but did anyone else notice anything different from mob's PDIF cRatio level correction attacks on us players?

I was wondering if the mastery levels changed some things relating to level correction formulas?

Again, I might just be wrong here, but it feels like I've been taking in a little more damage from odyssey/reisenjima enemies compared to before the update?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-16 12:54:24
Link | Citer | R

Mobs have never had level correction in the SoA and later areas, and there's been no mob attack correction in any area for years.

99% chance you're imagining it, but on the off chance there's some glitch causing you to take a bit more damage, it's not going to be related to level correction.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-11-17 03:08:56
Link | Citer | R

Capu not sure if you're aware but those synths from crafters aren't made by "generic" materials. They are made from the very same stuff you buy from NPC but in multiple quantities, which get synthed into a single (and obviously more expensive) item.

There hardly is a profit there for them. So, even if indirectly, that's a way to take gil out of circulation as well.

Fair enough that the crafters have to spend on NPC items and remove some gil out of circulation too. But honestly, at this stage of the game for any server that isn't Asura population level, it's a meaningless annoyance to have everybody's AF+3s depend on the whims of a crafter deciding to do the (arguably insane) task of creating these items that may not sell extremely fast, at a risk of loss of materials, for a minimal profit.

Su3/Su5/JSE necks - OK, fine. Craft away. But upgrading JSE armor? Just make a damn path for NPC buyable items (where 100% of the gil goes out of circulation and players can always access the items) instead of forcing crafters (mostly with botted shields) to control this.

Relic +3 was far better, IMO. Delve/Vagary items that can be farmed or purchased (and gives some reason for people to do that content), Dyna shards/voids to encourage people to do that content. A little bit of gil removed from the economy from the NPCable items for +2 upgrade.

AF+3 already has the obnoxiously long card grind, and they're just now easing the boss scale requirement with drops. I just wish they'd cut people a break on the freaking day 2 craft ingredients. But they've always done annoying things to protect the crafters...

Also... if they care about removing gil from circulation, why is there a gil reward in Odyssey farming? They're straight up creating gil out of thin air for doing an event (unlike something like Ambu which mints new RME currency, or Dyna giving items that can be sold... but people still have to buy that stuff with existing gil), and then putting in a little bit of a gil sink through buying the items? Some kinda perverse logic there.
By mostlycatless 2021-11-17 04:02:33
Link | Citer | R

Fair enough that the crafters have to spend on NPC items and remove some gil out of circulation too. But honestly, at this stage of the game for any server that isn't Asura population level, it's a meaningless annoyance to have everybody's AF+3s depend on the whims of a crafter deciding to do the (arguably insane) task of creating these items that may not sell extremely fast, at a risk of loss of materials, for a minimal profit.

Su3/Su5/JSE necks - OK, fine. Craft away. But upgrading JSE armor? Just make a damn path for NPC buyable items (where 100% of the gil goes out of circulation and players can always access the items) instead of forcing crafters (mostly with botted shields) to control this.
AF+3 materials are one of the few crafts that do not benefit much from shields, as only half can HQ, and for those that can, NQ result is valuable enough that using enchantment isn't worth it, so it's pretty likely that the people selling are not using shields... unlike the Su3/Su5/JSE neck markets you're somehow fine with. It's much more preferable that there are more than a handful of crafts that all require a shield to be worthwhile.

As far as your comment on Asura goes, are you under the impression supply is low elsewhere? I'm seeing plenty of supply, both on my own, small, server, as well as on your server, Phoenix, so I fail to see why this would somehow be a server problem.
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-11-17 04:33:47
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Foxmulder said: »

They could also.... ban the repeatedly reported bots and RMT to do the same thing to an exponential outcome...

And the RMT would quite simply make new characters and start the process all over again each time they get banned. Its quite simple to set up another load of emails and SE accounts.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-17 06:22:54
Link | Citer | R

Also... if they care about removing gil from circulation, why is there a gil reward in Odyssey farming?
A lot of us have been puzzled by that as well.
But then again so many Odyssey related things were clearly decided on-the-go instead of carefully planned in advance, so I suppose it's no surprise there are strange things like that.
It's not the only one either, sadly.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-11-17 06:39:40
Link | Citer | R

Don't forget that all Odyssey related gear at release were a huge gil sink as well. 30-35mil for a set,
 Bahamut.Suph
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2021-11-17 08:20:41
Link | Citer | R

Also... if they care about removing gil from circulation, why is there a gil reward in Odyssey farming?
A lot of us have been puzzled by that as well.
But then again so many Odyssey related things were clearly decided on-the-go instead of carefully planned in advance, so I suppose it's no surprise there are strange things like that.
It's not the only one either, sadly.

The goal is not to remove gil from the economy, to cause deflation. Deflation is actually very bad for economies as when people expect deflation, they pause on spending their money as they know they can buy more with their money later. This can be seen in the real world from Japan's lost decade.

But hyperinflation is also bad, knowing that your good will be worth double the gil if you sell it in 2 months mean you don't sell it today either. In the real world you might want to have a little inflation (the FED believe 2% is ideal) to encourage spending, but I personally believe people want instant gratification so, they would spending now rather than later with no inflation anyway.

So the objective isn't to cause deflation / to remove gil from the economy, its to manage inflation / to balance the gil creation and destruction to have a stableish money supply.
By Mattelot 2021-11-17 08:40:34
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Suph said: »
The goal is not to remove gil from the economy, to cause deflation. Deflation is actually very bad for economies as when people expect deflation, they pause on spending their money as they know they can buy more with their money later. This can be seen in the real world from Japan's lost decade.

If they expect sudden/rapid deflation, sure. Gradual deflation is fine and it won't stop the guy(s) who want that 1 AH item today. If the savings are marginally low in a month, is it really worth the wait?
 Carbuncle.Gabvanstronger
By Carbuncle.Gabvanstronger 2021-11-17 13:49:12
Link | Citer | R

kusaregedo77 said: »
Quote:

I think (but not sure) my BRD legs were +2 before my bastok run (hands) but now they're +3. So I'd be inclined to think its a "Enter every zone once and kill 100 mobs total".
Anyway, about 30hrs and I can check on my other job ^^
You made me curious lol

both the distorted fragment and job shard are retroactive. i got the fragment upon zoning into omen for the first time without killing anything, and got the thief shard upon zoning into dynamis jeuno without killing anything.

i haven't used a job i need unlocks on in dynamis yet, but there is only one key item per job so it only makes sense that you need 100 kills per job to unlock all 5 pieces of relic. whether or not you need to take the job to all 4 zones or not is the question.

Oh well, I died before the 100 kills. >.<
 Bahamut.Belkin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-11-17 13:59:00
Link | Citer | R

Hi all, not sure if this was already covered in previous pages, but I am curious if Super Jump from subjob is nerfed in any way when it comes to wiping enmity. Anybody tested yet?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-11-17 14:02:47
Link | Citer | R

It is not nerfed
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18