FFXI News during 14 live stream
By RadialArcana 2021-07-11 07:07:40
Link | Citer | R

Seun said: »
Draylo said: »
RadialArcana said: »
Asura.Chiaia said: »
Final Fantasy XI is still making profits despite being a game entering its 20th year Even if there aren't any more updates for the game, it's still a good thing to have the servers remain open since it's a memorable place for the players.

The game is updated often, they just added a major piece of content a few months ago.
Translation. Update is used to mean 'adding new content'. As mentioned earlier, Odyssey has been in the game since Walk of Echoes, a decade ago.

The same zone is used but the content is not the same.

Different != New

Nearly all of the assets for Odyssey existed in the game ten years ago. Those that didn't exist were small additions like icons/items, key items, currencies and the like. This is why Odyssey doesn't fit the bill for 'update' here.

It's not new, but that's exactly why the game is so profitable. They didn't have to go out and hire a team of artists to create a bunch of assets like areas, animations and music, ect.

and almost all the monster assets and many armor designed created for ffxi ten to 15 years ago are re-used in ff14 to save money too, what's your point?
By RadialArcana 2021-07-11 07:22:43
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Honestly what they said is to be seen more negative than anything else, so I would even possibly say they said it gets no content to try stop 14 players moving to 11. Which is happening due to 14 "respecting players time", which means lack of content in PR speak. 14 has content that has such a high burn rate (cause it's made for mega casuals) that it literally has less to do in real terms than 11 does, which is why so many 14 players are playing 11.

The online division needs 11 more than they pretend it does, which is the real reason it's still running and getting updates. I know there is this narrative that xiv is this massive, ever growing game that rivals wow but it's actually not true at all and is all smoke and mirrors.

Not only have they added next to no new servers since 14 launched (and they don't have that many to start with compared to wow), disproving this continually growing narrative they constantly push but they also abuse "free access times" to reactivate all the dead accounts so they can say all these dead unplayed accounts are actually now magically "active accounts" on news articles (and these players don't even login, they are just auto activated for the press numbers). That they have to do this shows it's not doing anywhere near as well as they pretend it is and they have to continually lie about it to save face.

"20 million players!" on the same number of servers as when they had "under 1 million players for all our games combined!" near launch and almost all of them are low population on the server webpage, and "20 millions active accounts!" only around the time all those dead accounts are re-activated for "free access!" Amazing.

It's one of the single most heavily monetized mmorpgs that exist, with a cash shop in a p2p game that rivals korean f2p games. They sell everything from outfits, mounts, pets, emotes, dyes, weddings, mog furniture and anything else they can think of to grab your money, they also blackmail players to not stop their sub or they lose their housing plots.

When you have to continually lie about how mega massive your game is and have one of the most heavily monetized games in existence, it's not doing as well as you pretend it is.

We get it already you hate XIV you rant on about it in every thread that XIV is mentioned.

You know what's cool though? I don't talk about it on any ff14 fan forum at all, only when it is brought up on ffxi ones.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-07-11 07:38:22
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Asura.Chiaia said: »
Final Fantasy XI is still making profits despite being a game entering its 20th year Even if there aren't any more updates for the game, it's still a good thing to have the servers remain open since it's a memorable place for the players.

The game is updated often, they just added a major piece of content a few months ago.
Translation. Update is used to mean 'adding new content'. As mentioned earlier, Odyssey has been in the game since Walk of Echoes, a decade ago.

The same zone is used but the content is not the same.

Different != New

Nearly all of the assets for Odyssey existed in the game ten years ago. Those that didn't exist were small additions like icons/items, key items, currencies and the like. This is why Odyssey doesn't fit the bill for 'update' here.

It's not new, but that's exactly why the game is so profitable. They didn't have to go out and hire a team of artists to create a bunch of assets like areas, animations and music, ect.

and almost all the monster assets and many armor designed created for ffxi ten to 15 years ago are re-used in ff14 to save money too, what's your point?

What a complete and utter lie. We have Ares, Kaiser, V cloak, Kirin's Osode and O hat from XI in XIV. Monster wise we have a few of the smaller monster but like XI they were also taken from previous final fantasy games. I wasn't going to say anything in my other comment but I guess I'll take the bait. You are trying to pass off your opinions as facts and just don't know what the *** you are taking about.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
Serveur: Asura
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-07-11 08:50:18
Link | Citer | R

i always love how delusional this place is.

there's not a world where XIV isn't viewed as a successful MMO.

you all need to grow up
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-07-11 09:22:28
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Vanfrano said: »
What a complete and utter lie. We have Ares, Kaiser, V cloak, Kirin's Osode and O hat from XI in XIV. Monster wise we have a few of the smaller monster but like XI they were also taken from previous final fantasy games. I wasn't going to say anything in my other comment but I guess I'll take the bait. You are trying to pass off your opinions as facts and just don't know what the *** you are taking about.

His opinions are facts. XIV straight up reuses a lot of XI models and most if not all XI models are original XI models. We're not saying they are not monsters from previous FF, we're saying the models are original, the same way most models are original designs in each and every FF, with some exceptions.

Take Behemoth for example, the model is taken from XI, it's not an original model made for XIV. 80% of monster models in XIV are directly taken from XI, while some others are taken from XIII.

Also note that most of the time they mostly focus on XI models in XIV's trailers (see Endwalker PS3 graphics trailer for example). Probably because most XIV original models look like s*** ;p

XIV's team is a paragon of laziness excellence, all the while pretending they have been working their *** off for ten years. And don't get me started on Soken the garage band "composer".

As RadialArcana said, XIV's "success" is based purely on lies, manipulation and relying on the gullible mass.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no just stop. The things that die hard XI fans believe is amazing. Any models taken from XI would have been built up from scratch given the fact that the software and hardware used to create them are antiquated as *** now. Its not really a game that you can actually just take one model and put it into the XIV engine without having to do a lot of work to it to bring it up to XIV standards. 80% of XIV mobs are from XI doubtful I haven't really sat down and counted but its probably closer 30-40% at most.
[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Serveur: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-07-11 09:50:34
Link | Citer | R

His opinions are facts. XIV straight up reuses a lot of XI models and most if not all XI models are original XI models. We're not saying they are not monsters from previous FF, we're saying the models are original, the same way most models are original designs in each and every FF, with some exceptions.

Take Behemoth for example, the model is taken from XI, it's not an original model made for XIV. 80% of monster models in XIV are directly taken from XI, while some others are taken from XIII.

Also note that most of the time they mostly focus on XI models in XIV's trailers (see Endwalker PS3 graphics trailer for example). Probably because most XIV original models look like s*** ;p

As someone who plays both, XIV doesn't straight up use any assets from XI. The difference in polycounts for models and pixel area for textures is astoundingly disparate. There are also situations where the technology used to render in-game assets is not compatible, such as normal maps in XIV. Conceptually, there are a number of mobs that were recreated (ported?) with better graphics and a few sets of armor as well (for nostalgia purposes), but the percent of content that they represent in XIV is growing increasingly smaller.

I'm not sure what the comment about PS3 graphics is referring to, but PS3 support ended over 4 years ago.

XIV's team is a paragon of laziness excellence, all the while pretending they have been working their *** off for ten years. And don't get me started on Soken the garage band "composer".

Out of all the opinions you shared, this is the most ignorant. As someone who's worked in the game industry, the amount of effort and craftsmanship that has continued to go into the game since it was relaunched is amazing. There are a myriad of obvious examples and subtle details throughout all aspects of the game that speak clearly about people who are committed to their craft. In the 2+ decades that I've been playing, modding, and making video games, it has been exceptionally rare to see the technical improvement and innovation that the XIV team has accomplished using the same engine for a decade. Especially in the case of Soken who managed to continue composing while undergoing chemotherapy for several months.

Even if XIV was unsuccessful, it doesn't mean that SE would pump time, effort, and money into XI again. You're of course free to hold whatever opinions you wish, but blindly hating something you view as competition to XI and spouting specious claims does you as much a disservice as everyone else, and deriding the efforts of a cancer survivor makes you a very small person indeed.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-07-11 11:14:37
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Furyspawn said: »

As someone who plays both, XIV doesn't straight up use any assets from XI. The difference in polycounts for models and pixel area for textures is astoundingly disparate. There are also situations where the technology used to render in-game assets is not compatible, such as normal maps in XIV. Conceptually, there are a number of mobs that were recreated (ported?) with better graphics and a few sets of armor as well (for nostalgia purposes), but the percent of content that they represent in XIV is growing increasingly smaller.

As someone that has the tools and has ripped the models and textures from both games they are the exact same models and the exact same textures on very many of them. The Atomos model, the Demon model, the Shadow Dragon models, the Crab models, the cardian models, the Pugil model, the gargoyle models, the Delve boss models, the Imp models and on and on. The engine changes how they look in the game, but they didn't alter them at all.

They are direct asset rips in many cases, but not all. This is fine, but if they do it you don't get to complain if ff11 does it with things like Odyssey.

They have also used the armor designs for Scorpion harness (although they redid the model and texture) and the Koenig body, among others. They did this, to save money.

They even have Cardians in a FFXIV Dungeon as a boss, which makes zero sense at all since they were made in Windurst. However they looked like a cool monster so they just threw them in anyway, this should not be surprising however since they have zero respect for the lore of the game anyway. They have had Neir automata dungeon and the lead designer has stated he wanted to have a literal crossover with World of Warcraft but Blizzard refused (they do it with literally any other game that will let them because they are thirsty for any attention they can get, like the players are). Which would be like wow having an overwatch dungeon, even though it makes zero sense at all.

Also the development team for 14 have zero respect for their players and just see then as bank account numbers, nothing else.

Which is why these things are the case:

The reason I personally have an issue with ff14 is because of many years of asshattery from ff14 players that have been aimed towards 11 and many other mmorpg playerbases for that matter, in attempts to try and get payers to move to their fantasy shopping mall. The fact we don't want to go, seems irrelevant to them.

None of what I posted is incorrect, in any of my posts in this thread. It's not bashing it, it's factual statements.

Also here is another world shattering fact, people that play one mmorpg often don't like another one. As long as we don't goto your 14 game forum and say anything "negative" about it, you really have nothing to complain about anymore than a wow player would.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-07-11 11:31:01
Link | Citer | R

another thread where radial gets real excited about a game he doesn't even play. and no i'm not talking about ff14. this absolute muppet hasn't even played ffxi in a few years.

long post to say nothing but dump on 14 players, get a life dude.

also he admits to the mobs/armor sets being ported in the post that you spent the last hour likely crafting a response to disprove. big yikes dude
By RadialArcana 2021-07-11 11:43:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tsm said: »
another thread where radial gets real excited about a game he doesn't even play. and no i'm not talking about ff14. this absolute muppet hasn't even played ffxi in a few years.

also he admits to the mobs/armor sets being ported in the post that you spent the last hour likely crafting a response to disprove. big yikes dude

I play ffxi near every day, and outside of a 2 year break in 2015 that has been the cause since NA launch.

Also I'm not dumping on it, I'm posting truth. Which you don't like, because you want to live in the dreamworld where 14 is the king of the mmorpg universe with 25 million players.

It doesn't have 25 million players, it doesn't even have 1 and never has. Just sayin cause it's true.

They aren't keeping ff11 around because they are nice guys, they are keeping it around because ff14 doesn't make as much money as they pretend it does and they need every penny they can grab from anywhere to keep the rouse going that's it's the biggest mmorpg in the world!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2021-07-11 12:04:42
Link | Citer | R

The vast majority of XIV's monsters are original or reinterpretations of monsters used throughout the entire series.

Like most of XI's monsters are.

Off the top of my head, the only XI armor in XIV is the Ares set, Koenig set, Scorpion Harness, Optical Hat and Strider Boots. Technically Cassies Earring and Speed belt are in XIV now too... but Cassie's Earring required creating a new model since XI doesn't have displayable earrings. And neither game displays belts so that's a moot point.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-07-11 13:14:20
Link | Citer | R

I play ffxi near every day, and outside of a 2 year break in 2015 that has been the cause since NA launch.

Also I'm not dumping on it, I'm posting truth. Which you don't like, because you want to live in the dreamworld where 14 is the king of the mmorpg universe with 25 million players.

It doesn't have 25 million players, it doesn't even have 1 and never has. Just sayin cause it's true.

They aren't keeping ff11 around because they are nice guys, they are keeping it around because ff14 doesn't make as much money as they pretend it does and they need every penny they can grab from anywhere to keep the rouse going that's it's the biggest mmorpg in the world!

Oh right yeah this under 1mil players "fact" you mention every single time XIV is brought up. Where are you getting the numbers to support these "facts" as SE has not given out active accounts numbers we only have heavily skewed player census sites that admit to not counting everyone.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2021-07-11 13:50:58
Link | Citer | R

You guys care too much about billion-dollar game companies that don't care for their playerbases. You both make good points but SE is SE. FF14 is a cash grab for casuals and ffxi is a neglected child that still tries their best.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-11 14:00:12
Link | Citer | R

14 just had it's biggest steam account simultaneous players online last weekend.

WoW shitting the bed and all the kiddos jumpin ship to the next closest cartoon.
By Bosworth 2021-07-11 14:09:08
Link | Citer | R

FFXIV is vastly more popular and has made more money than FFXI has by far. You can have a *** for ffxi all you want, we all love the game. But you're straight up fooling yourself if you think the 2 games are even remotely comparable as far as success is concerned.

It's definitely true that a lot of the trash mobs in ffxiv came from ffxi. How is that a bad thing? Why would that matter? SE made those assets, they can do whatever the *** they want with them. It's literally only trash mobs they reuse. The vast majority of the bosses and models that actually matter are new. Get. Over. It.

It's honestly hysterical that a bunch of morons that have no idea what actually goes into game design are calling one of the most successful MMOs "lazy", because they have a *** for ffxi.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-07-11 14:26:31
Link | Citer | R

As someone who played both, I see FFXIV as the casual FFXI for cosplay addicts and furries. It’s pretty gross to think that there’s so much money in fake MMO glamour. I gotta blame the idiots who actually spend $5 on fake earrings and sandals. Probably quite a few that buy that stuff yet get food stamps or collect unemployment.

SE wouldn’t be spending that much time creating content for the cash shop if it wasn’t making them money.

If only people put as much effort into their RL as they did their characters. Took me far too long to find the balance.
[+]
By Bosworth 2021-07-11 14:30:04
Link | Citer | R

Some of the ***goes for $30 on the cash shop. It's pretty crazy. At the same time....just don't buy it? It's really that simple.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-07-11 14:36:43
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Furyspawn said: »

As someone that has the tools and has ripped the models and textures from both games they are the exact same models and the exact same textures on very many of them. The Atomos model, the Demon model, the Shadow Dragon models, the Crab models, the cardian models, the Pugil model, the gargoyle models, the Delve boss models, the Imp models and on and on. The engine changes how they look in the game, but they didn't alter them at all.

They are direct asset rips in many cases, but not all. This is fine, but if they do it you don't get to complain if ff11 does it with things like Odyssey.

They have also used the armor designs for Scorpion harness (although they redid the model and texture) and the Koenig body, among others. They did this, to save money.

They even have Cardians in a FFXIV Dungeon as a boss, which makes zero sense at all since they were made in Windurst. However they looked like a cool monster so they just threw them in anyway, this should not be surprising however since they have zero respect for the lore of the game anyway. They have had Neir automata dungeon and the lead designer has stated he wanted to have a literal crossover with World of Warcraft but Blizzard refused (they do it with literally any other game that will let them because they are thirsty for any attention they can get, like the players are). Which would be like wow having an overwatch dungeon, even though it makes zero sense at all.

Also the development team for 14 have zero respect for their players and just see then as bank account numbers, nothing else.

Which is why these things are the case:

The reason I personally have an issue with ff14 is because of many years of asshattery from ff14 players that have been aimed towards 11 and many other mmorpg playerbases for that matter, in attempts to try and get payers to move to their fantasy shopping mall. The fact we don't want to go, seems irrelevant to them.

None of what I posted is incorrect, in any of my posts in this thread. It's not bashing it, it's factual statements.

Also here is another world shattering fact, people that play one mmorpg often don't like another one. As long as we don't goto your 14 game forum and say anything "negative" about it, you really have nothing to complain about anymore than a wow player would.

Only $3,499.99 for that guitar I'll take 10.

Even for a "good" guitar 3500 is expensive. For all we know they took a low end Fender Strat put a FFXIV logo on it.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-07-11 14:45:29
Link | Citer | R

The cash shop is what put me off from FFXIV too.

I hate time-gated, seasonal, pre-order, and RMT-only items in video games. Whether they’re for performance or glamour.

I hate ***like Monbereaux where you need to do ROEs monthly for however how long to unlock.

I feel like every piece of gear/trust/mount/whatever in games should be buyable (with in-game currency), unlockable with skill, coordination, or as a reward from quest completion.

I get the whole “reward players who stay subbed 24/7/365 thing, but that’s just a poor excuse for devs who should just make the game fun/addictive enough that the player wants to be subbed 24/7/365.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-07-11 14:47:10
Link | Citer | R

Yea if we are going to do "log on" campaigns that reward people for being subbed for months/years. Put something in there that is actually worthwhile. We don't need more beds level 1 weapons etc.

Take all that stuff from Mog Bonaza and put some of them in log on campaigns.

No more gambling to get stuff.
By Bazing 2021-07-11 15:08:14
Link | Citer | R

FFXIV = The Sims MMORPG since hairstyles and glamour are all that matters. It's clear to everyone that keeping the Mog Station store running at all times is SE's one and only focus.
They literally added tons of "new" stuff/content not too long ago and all everyone was excited about was a new fking hairstyle, that's the level where most FFXIV players are at. Hairstyles.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-07-11 15:49:42
Link | Citer | R

Oh right yeah this under 1mil players "fact" you mention every single time XIV is brought up. Where are you getting the numbers to support these "facts" as SE has not given out active accounts numbers we only have heavily skewed player census sites that admit to not counting everyone.

FFXIV has the lodestone website that shows stats for ALL characters, plenty have scraped the active "character" numbers on there across different sites and it's always between 500k and 800k (up and down between expansions). Keep in mind this isn't even actual players, but just characters with meaningful progression on them and unlike ff11 every account gets multiple free alts.

Also, to do some math (I suck at math but lets have a go)

FFXIV has 32 JP only servers, 24 NA servers and 12 EU servers for all platforms combined. (36 western servers total).

That is a total of 68 regional servers.

To be really, really generous you could say they have 15k active players per server (they don't since even new servers cannot handle these kinds of numbers of concurrent players, but lets say they can).

15k x 68 servers = just over 1m MAX population allowance with current server tech (1020000).

If ff14 had 25? million players as they state in all the news articles, each server would have an active playerbase of 367 thousand players all online at once on a Sunday evening. That's totally impossible.

If ff14 had 5 million players, each server would have an active playerbase of 73k players. This is impossible too.

To be clear, every mmorpg is successful. Because if they were not, they would not be running. I'm just pointing out it's not the behemoth they pretend it is and the massive monetization they employ is partly to cover for the fact in financial reports that they don't have anywhere near as many players as they make out they do.

Is ff14 bigger and more profitable than ff11, of course and I should not have to point out why. It's a far more casual game, with a cash shop and sub.
[+]
By Bosworth 2021-07-11 15:52:16
Link | Citer | R

Have they ever said 25 million ACTIVE CONCURRENT players? Or just 25 million players?
Administrator
By Rooks 2021-07-11 15:53:33
Link | Citer | R

I've nuked some posts. I don't really care if people want to argue about XI vs XIV - though there can't really be anything left of that horse's corpse at this point - but there's still lines you don't get to cross.
By Bosworth 2021-07-11 15:58:00
Link | Citer | R

Straight off the ffxiv website, it literally only says 22 million players. They never said 22 million active current players. They very clearly mean 22 million total players have played the game in the entirety of it's life time. It's your problem if you interpret that incorrectly.
[+]