Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-07-11 17:32:10
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Bosworth said: »
RadialArcana said: »
Bosworth said: »
He took a game that was a financial disaster on the brink of bankrupting SE and made it one of the most successful MMOs in history. We get it, you hate everything FFXIV related. But seriously, get over it

He copied wow and mega monetized your bank account, that's what I said.

What other games has he made?

FFXI copied Everquest, but you don't care about that, because it doesn't further your hate *** for FFXIV. I don't know who hurt you, but I'll repeat the same thing I've said 3 times now, we get you don't like FFXIV, you're the minority for a reason. Get. Over. It.

We don't idolize the developers like they gave birth to us tho, that's the point. There isn't this army of ffxi players fapping to whoever was in charge of ffxi during development.

Nobody is hurt, I'm just having a chat on a forum about a game.

Don't get so emotional.

Besides the fact that Tanaka had the personality of a desk plant, the primary reason that there was no community interaction with the XI team on the same scale as there is for XIV is that it didn't *** exist back then.

There was a time in XI history (forgive me if you're too young to remember...) when we didn't even get communication about when an update was coming or what would be in it until it was about to come out, and some of them could be 6 months or more from the last.

The reason people praise and have good things to say about people like Yoshida, Soken, or Koji Fox is because they go out to be a part of the community in a way that the XI team never could and never did. If we ignore the fact that social media is completely different now than it was then, I have no doubt in my mind that people would be just as hysterical about Tanaka or Matsui going on stage during a yearly FanFest as they are when Soken performs a concert with his band for the fans. Matsui's monthly broadcasts aren't too dissimilar from a Live Letter and, if the game still had a sizeable global fanbase, would no doubt garner just as much attention.

You seem to forget that this game had (and has) a diehard, outspoken community too, way back when. It just couldn't interact in the same way, if at all. Your conflation of idolatry with admiration is blowing things out of proportion.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-07-11 17:32:42
Link | Citer | R

Your mom plays FFXIV !
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2021-07-11 17:45:11
Link | Citer | R

the only thing XI fans hate more than XI is XIV.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-07-11 17:48:23
Link | Citer | R

I really don't think any game has the kind of extreme fanboyism about a developer as I've seen with ff14, it's weird. It's around kojima level and he at least is directly responsible for an army of games.

It really is undeserved in my eyes, yes he "turned the game around" but again all he did was tell the developers to play wow to copy it and turned monetization upto 10 (literally). This is well documented, he has said as much many times.

When he makes a new game from the ground up and it's awesome, I'll be right there with you. Til then, I think people are just acting all culty because they pulled a jesus on a game and you all act like it's a new religion.

I find this idolization culty and cringe tbh, even wow players don't act like this over a developer ya weirdos.

I like a game, I like the game I don't setup a shrine to whoever made it.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-07-11 17:55:19
Link | Citer | R

You completely misrepresent A) the intensity of the amount of praise Yoshida is getting regularly by the average individual and B) the reason people love the XIV dev team.

People used to do the exact same *** (maybe even to a more unhealthy degree) with Chris Wilson and Grinding Gear Games until they became a chinese MTX factory.

Anyway, I'm done talking to you for today. You have your fantastical ideas about what is and isn't and according to you I have mine, so I see no reason in continuing this any further.
By Draylo 2021-07-11 18:49:43
Link | Citer | R

Is Fortnite now the best game ever created in existence? It has the most players.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-07-11 18:56:38
Link | Citer | R

It's funny people are attacking others who dislike XIV, but this is an XI fan forum lol.. Not an XIV one, so you should expect to see that occasionally people don't like XIV and how it plays in various aspects. I've looked at quite a few XIV ones and they bash a lot of games, especially WoW. I don't think I've seen a WoW player run to defend them on their forums, little weird.

I mean.. you can't deny the fact they are using smoke and mirrors to pretend their MMO is the most successful on the planet. They certainly do not have 20 million active players, its impossible like he said earlier. The login que is part of the smoke and mirror, it lasts like 5 seconds. I wouldn't put it past them to do that even though its not necessary lol.

Literally everyone I know has treated that game like something they login until x point and then quit until later. From what I recall SE has said they don't mind that, but there is def some cult like crap going on with that game. I really think people are just shallow and like it for the graphics and visuals. That isn't surprising considering people today generally pay quite a lot for upgrades to PC and TVs and such for the best visual potential. If only XI got an upgrade like that I'm sure it would be popular too lol.

It almost has this fervent community of Gen Z people in terms of how they behave but most of the players are older than that. I would just look at their forums and see a lot of similarities to how people used to defend XI in the past before it became "uncool". I still dislike the gameplay of it, just have tried to play it casually because its a "FF" game and I've played them all.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-07-11 19:00:43
Link | Citer | R

Seun said: »
Draylo said: »
They added new music

Just to be clear, I'm not on a crusade to vilify SE. I'm just pointing out that the reuse of assets is why SE has been able to keep XI profitable. It's also to draw distinction between what you or I would call an update and what is meant by SE themselves.

Quote:
◆FF11は20年続いていて黒字
→この先アップデートできなくなってもサーバーはずっと開けておいてもいいと思う。ユーザーにとって思い出の場所だから

I wouldn't be shocked if SE tweaked Dyna D to include Beau, Xarc and the dreamlands to further increase relic beyond +3 and expand the accessories. Also wouldn't be shocked to see ilvl Limbus to expand on AF. Yes this is additional content but since it would likely take place in the old zones, it's not new. It wouldn't fall under the 'no updates' clause above.

This is exactly what I would expect beyond the anniversary. If I'm honest, it's about all I would hope for at this point.

But.. they added new things. I just said they added new music, you can say its only one thing and change goal posts but they did "update" the game. Nobody can deny they do it very slowly and poorly though, of course they put as little effort into maintaining this game as possible. The Matsui trust was new, and a few other things recently I can't remember off the top of my head. So they have done some updating using your wording.
 Valefor.Esdain
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2021-07-11 19:22:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
This thread has some real potential.

Freehugs said: »

You are not kidding.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Seun 2021-07-11 20:26:12
Link | Citer | R

This is my interpretation of their words, not my own. You call it new music, I call it previously unreleased music. I suppose my translation could be too conservative, but given their track record... not really for arguing semantics anymore. Let's let the music play and see how we are doing after the anniversary...
 Asura.Tsm
Serveur: Asura
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-07-11 20:55:43
Link | Citer | R

blows my mind that this kid keeps saying ff14 is a cash grab. also radial, feel free to prove you still log on by giving your character name

you're talking to people who likely pay 30-45 on ffxi a month, easily.

the average ff14 player is not doing that, some whales may be but that's not the vast majority of their profit.

just absolute delusion to compare the costs and call one a cash grab and not the other when ffxi is 20 years old and charges for more inventory.

also, to all the people saying this isn't a ff14 forum you need to full stop, not a valid reason for a debate and makes yourself look stupid. ffxiah tried to get into the 14 space it just didn't catch on, i'm sure the staff would have loved it if it was.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-07-11 21:13:24
Link | Citer | R

There no debate d44k, the xiv kids don't like when people dislike their game, even on a forum not related to it. Ffxi may be 20 years old but xiv is old too.
[+]
By alzeerffxi 2021-07-11 21:16:50
Link | Citer | R

xiv is not bad its actually a sweet game but you get burned out of farming Savage runs pretty easy, most people who would say that it suck are usually the people that are hard stuck in Savage fights it actually takes skill it might end in two expansions so make the best of it.
By Draylo 2021-07-11 21:20:35
Link | Citer | R

People are allowed to have differing opinions even if they are bad. But this isn't a xiv forum so don't be upset if people think it's a garbage game
By alzeerffxi 2021-07-11 21:25:20
Link | Citer | R

People are allowed to have differing opinions even if they are bad. But this isn't a xiv forum so don't be upset if people think it's a garbage game
so why is there FF7remake posts and what not?
By Draylo 2021-07-11 21:28:55
Link | Citer | R

One is a single player rpg the other is a competing mmo title that is actively taking resources from ffxi and has its own brigade defending it on sites dedicated to a different game. Read what i said again and use your noodle
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2021-07-11 21:29:41
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-07-11 21:35:52
Link | Citer | R

Is Fortnite now the best game ever created in existence? It has the most players.

If i had to bet, id say minecraft still holds the crown for most popular game currently. Hell, its the most popular and most ran speedrun game as of right now.
Administrator
By Rooks 2021-07-11 21:45:41
Link | Citer | R

this isn't a xiv forum
Man, I am so tired of this ridiculous argument.

There are two routes to go: either it's XI discussion and discussion ONLY, or it's not. If you want nothing but XI discussion, r/ffxi is right over there.

Instead, we allow discussions of all sorts of topics (though less than we used to!), and it should be obvious to anyone with functional brain cells that there's a TON of crossover between people who like one Square-Enix MMO and another Square-Enix MMO.

So have your opinions, I don't care, but the second those opinions turn into people getting sharty with each other about literally the exact same topic, ad nauseum, page after page, thread after thread, AND ALWAYS THE SAME FOURTEEN PEOPLE, it stops being about discussion and debate and starts being about your side being "right". It's so, so stupid, and I'm so, so tired of it.

Just let it go, for ***'s sake. Play the game(s) you like and let others do the same. I've locked this thread, because the legitimate purpose it had was accomplished.
[+]