Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-06-10 00:04:08
Link | Citer | R

Patch Notes
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58218-June-10-2021-%28JST%29-Version-Update

Items
New Items - https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/June_2021_Version_Update_Changes

Changed Items - https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/June_2021_Version_Update_Changes/Existing_Items

Digest #24
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Serveur: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-06-10 00:04:26
Link | Citer | R

Since Funk never does it: https://www.twitch.tv/funkworkz
Windower Resources: Updated
KParser: 00621378 (No change.)
Box Destroyer: Updated
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-10 00:14:48
Link | Citer | R

This whole time holding out and never letting anyone know you had a twitch funk. wow.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2021-06-10 00:23:21
Link | Citer | R

Oh wow, PLD just got +50 to BASE Cure Potency.

That's the same thing as a Raetic Rod +1.

[+]
By Bosworth 2021-06-10 00:27:41
Link | Citer | R

Didn't they say they were adding new high level mobs? I don't see that anywhere in the patch notes.
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2021-06-10 00:29:53
Link | Citer | R

Probably in the same three ToAU zones they just removed level correction from.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2021-06-10 00:32:11
Link | Citer | R

Apex Colibri anyone?

What a blast to the past.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-10 00:36:29
Link | Citer | R

Level adjustments have been removed from the following areas.

Wajaom Woodlands / Mt. Zhayolm / Caedarva Mire

They had better level correct Besieged. Those three zones are the zones that the Besieged mobs tromp through on their way to attack. Just sayin'. May be worthwhile finally.

Sadly:
"In other battle content news, together with adding high level monsters to some areas, we’ve had gotten rid of the level adjustment functionality to bring those area in line with Adoulin content. We are considering whether we want to expand these adjustments to other areas, but for now, we’ve gone ahead with just a few to start with."

I wish what this was saying is that they are "level correcting Besieged to be on par with Adoulin content levels and will later expand that kind of adjustment to Campaign". Would be frickin' sweet. Those battle systems are so easily rolled by anything 119. I do miss them. Just took an alt through WotG and got a few medal promotions in Campaign Battle. It was Yagudo bloodbath.

Now, if I only knew what the frick "level adjustment functionality" meant as I'm guessing it's somehow lost in translation. Level adjustment functionality? level difference penalty? Am I the only one that is drawing a blank on exactly what this is supposed to mean? I feel like I'm having a big brain fart and it's obvious, but all it means to me is they are changing the levels of some monsters. Is it that simple? Are they just making some things IEP now IT or VT to 119?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-10 00:36:30
Link | Citer | R

Probably just mission monsters for TVR, since the story is going into Aht Urgan now.
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Serveur: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-06-10 00:47:47
Link | Citer | R

That Silver Gun +1 looks pretty crazy for low-level jobs. "Recycle"+20 and "Snapshot"+20? Utter madness.
[+]
By Rips 2021-06-10 00:48:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
This whole time holding out and never letting anyone know you had a twitch funk. wow.

Right? Last month I had to get on and berate him for not completing another chapter of FFXI history.
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2021-06-10 00:51:41
Link | Citer | R

So what's the TVR reward that they mentioned? I don't see anything that'd look like it in the new items list.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-10 00:56:25
Link | Citer | R

Healer's Briault renamed to Healer's Bliaut
Cleric's Briault renamed to Cleric's Bliaut
Hlr. Briault +1 renamed to Hlr. Bliaut +1
Clr. Briault +1 renamed to Clr. Bliaut +1
Orison Bliaud renamed to Orison Bliaut
Orison Bliaud +1 renamed to Orison Bliaut +1
Orison Bliaud +2 renamed to Orison Bliaut +2
Clr. Briault +2 renamed to Clr. Bliaut +2
Ebers Bliaud renamed to Ebers Bliaut
Ebers Bliaud +1 renamed to Ebers Bliaut +1
Gende. Bilaut +1 renamed to Gende. Bliaut +1
Piety Briault renamed to Piety Bliaut
Piety Briault +1 renamed to Piety Bliaut +1
Piety Briault +2 renamed to Piety Bliaut +2
Piety Briault +3 renamed to Piety Bliaut +3
Theo. Briault renamed to Theo. Bliaut
Theo. Briault +1 renamed to Theo. Bliaut +1
Theo. Briault +2 renamed to Theo. Bliaut +2
Theo. Briault +3 renamed to Theo. Bliaut +3

[+]
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2021-06-10 00:58:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Essylt said: »
So what's the TVR reward that they mentioned? I don't see anything that'd look like it in the new items list.

Assume the new cosmetic armor set.
[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-06-10 01:12:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »

At least that should be fixable with some fairly simple find-and-replace in a text editor.

Find (regular expression): B[lr]?il?aul?[td]
Replace: Bliaut
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-06-10 01:17:47
Link | Citer | R

In the update description it states "Increases amount healed by Cure spells by 50." Does that mean a cure spell cures 50 more HP? Or is a %? Thank you :)
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-06-10 01:22:53
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Cesil said: »
In the update description it states "Increases amount healed by Cure spells by 50." Does that mean a cure spell cures 50 more HP? Or is a %? Thank you :)
It means the base Cure before any modifiers cures 50 extra HP but then Cure Potency Gear and the like make it even stronger.
By shamgi 2021-06-10 02:05:47
Link | Citer | R

If there's new enemies in any of the zones, I can't find them. Which is possible, but I was patrolling with widescan and didn't see anything to indicate new mobs.
By RadialArcana 2021-06-10 02:06:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Now, if I only knew what the frick "level adjustment functionality" meant as I'm guessing it's somehow lost in translation. Level adjustment functionality? level difference penalty? Am I the only one that is drawing a blank on exactly what this is supposed to mean? I feel like I'm having a big brain fart and it's obvious, but all it means to me is they are changing the levels of some monsters. Is it that simple? Are they just making some things IEP now IT or VT to 119?

I remember reading that monsters are not the level they pretend to be in old areas, they are just level 99 monsters with more HP and higher stats.

This makes it near impossible to tank them on pld or run, damage dealers always took the aggro regardless what they did. This mainly applies to stuff like Unity monsters.

So i think this is purely just enmity related (I hope they didn't make them stronger). Can be tested on Sarama or something for anyone with pld.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2021-06-10 02:11:22
Link | Citer | R

shamgi said: »
If there's new enemies in any of the zones, I can't find them. Which is possible, but I was patrolling with widescan and didn't see anything to indicate new mobs.

yeah that was the kind of impression i got when they ANNOUNCED it. I think right now it's just new mission NMs in Wajaom then Caedarva mire

Quote:
In other battle content news, together with adding high level monsters to some areas, we’ve had gotten rid of the level adjustment functionality to bring those area in line with Adoulin content
What the hell SE!?
By RadialArcana 2021-06-10 02:12:27
Link | Citer | R

shamgi said: »

Quote:
In other battle content news, together with adding high level monsters to some areas, we’ve had gotten rid of the level adjustment functionality to bring those area in line with Adoulin content. We are considering whether we want to expand these adjustments to other areas, but for now, we’ve gone ahead with just a few to start with.

So it seems they were literally just talking about adding one NM or something for the missions.. how sad, I was excited for this.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-06-10 02:28:30
Link | Citer | R

So good news is you now get an ygrette rock every 2 lair reives

Bad news is they seem to have set the quantity of the rock item itself to 0 by mistake cause the rocks are not considered real items, you can't trade or transfer them and when dropped it says you dropped 0 rocks.

Leave it to SE.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-06-10 02:38:47
Link | Citer | R

There are 5 new monsters in the dat files, seem to be linked to missions by the look of them. They all have a brand on them, that looks like a sun.

2 flayers, a vampire mob, a flan mob and an elephant.
[+]
By Atticusu 2021-06-10 02:44:41
Link | Citer | R

Flayers are in the new missions, did not see the others though
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2021-06-10 02:45:40
Link | Citer | R

I'm guessing for next month's and maybe august updates will add more NM for these mission fights. There's also peculiar footprint points by the scarred marks that seems to have no purpose currently
By SimonSes 2021-06-10 02:45:53
Link | Citer | R

So what this awesome reward from TVR they were talking about? Maybe this key item does something?
[+]
 Bahamut.Mischief
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Mischief
By Bahamut.Mischief 2021-06-10 02:54:50
Link | Citer | R

Once you complete the new set of Voracious Resurgence missions, talking to Elijah (new NPC in Upper Jeuno near HP1) unlocks three new monthly RoEs. Each one has you going to one of those new peculiar footprint spots near the tablet locations in Wajaom, Caedarva, and Zhayolm, and killing a knockoff Einherjar boss. Completing each one gives you a Silver Voucher (so basically, three new Silver Voucher monthlies).

The footprints in Wajaom spawn "Awoken Hildesvini" (Marid), Zhayolm spawns "Awoken Mokkuralfi" (Flan), and Caedarva spawns "Awoken Vampyr Jarl". All three were pushovers for my RDM, they never even broke Stoneskin.
[+]
By Manque 2021-06-10 02:59:44
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Mischief said: »
Once you complete the new set of Voracious Resurgence missions, talking to Elijah (new NPC in Upper Jeuno near HP1) unlocks three new monthly RoEs. Each one has you going to one of those new peculiar footprint spots near the tablet locations in Wajaom, Caedarva, and Zhayolm, and killing a knockoff Einherjar boss. Completing each one gives you a Silver Voucher (so basically, three new Silver Voucher monthlies).

The footprints in Wajaom spawn "Awoken Hildesvini" (Marid), Zhayolm spawns "Awoken Mokkuralfi" (Flan), and Caedarva spawns "Awoken Vampyr Jarl". All three were pushovers for my RDM, they never even broke Stoneskin.

The new RoE appear in the AMAN RoE area? Ugh. Another monthly 'thing'. Makes it easier to ignore Besieged I guess.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-06-10 03:11:48
Link | Citer | R

Three new vouchers strategically placed before a "beat the entire expansion" requirement.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2021-06-10 05:04:13
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Mischief said: »
All three were pushovers for my RDM, they never even broke Stoneskin.

Okay, but, like, wave2 divergence bosses succumb to your RDM, so that statement doesn't really mean much for us mere mortals
[+]
First Page 2 3 4