On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 22 23 24
By Lilllith 2020-08-02 02:33:49
Link | Citer | R

on ur meva set i think its better to use shamash robe. also the sandy volte gloves are better.

on the cursna set, gendawithe +1 feet is better than vanya feet. according to the cursna calculation formula in bgwiki
By Chimerawizard 2020-08-02 02:54:49
Link | Citer | R

can agree with volte for m.eva, shamash & volte, idle m.eva. I found vanya path B was better than gendewitha+1 via the calculator.
vanya:
Healing skill: 612
Cursna: 116
vs gende.+1
Healing skill: 572
cursna: 121
[+]
By Wotasu 2020-08-02 03:03:11
Link | Citer | R

Lilllith said: »
on ur meva set i think its better to use shamash robe. also the sandy volte gloves are better.

on the cursna set, gendawithe +1 feet is better than vanya feet. according to the cursna calculation formula in bgwiki
Thank you for your input!
I tried to avoid adding rare drops in my builds, but I did add them as an option in the aftertext in the groupset.

On Gendewitha galoshes +1, while you gain +5 Cursna, you lose 40 healing skill and if you put that into Chiaia's Cursna Success Rate Calculator you lose 3% on the success.
612 Healing Skill & 216 Cursna(96%), vs 572 Healing Skill & 221 Cursna(93%).
1% diffrence w/o Gambanteinn 65%(Vanya) vs 64%(Gende)
[+]
By Lilllith 2020-08-02 04:17:03
Link | Citer | R

I think you are right good stuff man
By Goursat 2020-08-02 08:07:09
Link | Citer | R

Regarding MEVA, how do Pinga Mittens +1 compare with Volte Bracers? Seems like:

26 MND, 6 INT (pinga)
vs.
1 MEVA, 10 resist status ailments (volte).

Do MND and INT matter when it comes to resisting status ailments? E.g. dMND checked when resisting Silence or Paralyze. If so, and if the STAT to MEVA to Resist Ailment conversion is favorable, the Pinga hands might be better (and a whole lot easier to obtain) for most of the nasty status ailments (Paralyze, Silence, Petrify).

Should mention, either option blows Inyanga Dastanas +2 out of the water. Do lose the refresh though.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-08-02 09:02:46
Link | Citer | R

Goursat said: »
Do MND and INT matter when it comes to resisting status ailments? E.g. dMND checked when resisting Silence or Paralyze. If so, and if the STAT to MEVA to Resist Ailment conversion is favorable, the Pinga hands might be better (and a whole lot easier to obtain) for most of the nasty status ailments (Paralyze, Silence, Petrify).
The answer is sorta? dINT is a factor in landing enfeebling magics, and with dMND being a factor in potency of enfeebles.....
though there are exceptions.

So 6 INT is gonna be anywhere from 3~6 effective Meva.... (really it's lowering the enemy's Macc, so ultimately the same thing)
Plus 1 Meva has never been the difference in anything. Especially now when you're rocking 500+.

The 26 MND would also put a larger damper on things like Paralyze, via directly reducing its proc rate. And nothing is worse than paralysis procing on a paralyna.

There's also the fact that "resist status+" is a relatively garbo effect. On anything that matters (e.g. NMs) the potency is halved. Furthermore it's just an extra check, making it redundant to hard Meva or elemental resistances. Though redundancy greatly increases resists when you're low on Meva... mage jobs don't really have that issue.

Personally I would just stick to Inyanga. The refresh and MDT are more useful in the long run. Though if I had to chose, I'd go with Pinga +1.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-08-04 12:48:31
Link | Citer | R

So, I'm trying to min/max my Idle set on WHM. I'm having trouble finding a good secondary earring.

I don't need any more PDT/MDT. Looking for options of either MEVA, MDB, or Refresh.

Sanare Earring is a decent option for the first ear. But as far as I can see, the best thing I can find for the second ear is an Eabani Earring. Is that really all we have for MEVA/MDB/Refresh options for ear2?

ItemSet 374758

This is what I'm attempting to build, and I'm actually only three pieces away. Shamash Robe is the trickiest piece. But, other than that, all I need to do is +2 my hands and legs.

I just wish there was a better piece for ear2 than Eabani Earring.
[+]
By Wotasu 2020-08-04 13:03:45
Link | Citer | R

Hearty Earring
is an option, but that aside nothing really pops to mind.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2020-08-04 13:06:04
Link | Citer | R

That is my exact set minus the shamash, instead with the pdt strap (can use the magic evasion 15 strap alternative to the oneiros since you have shamash) Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find any other improvements

I would stick with ebani earring as hearty's effect would be halved on nms

Edit: oops, I use staunch +1 instead of hom, would rather have a chance to resist than a measly 1 refresh - I have a full blown refresh and full mdt/meva toggle that I can swap depending, this is sort of my catch all set if there's a chance that I can get smacked or AoE phys'd
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-08-04 13:08:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
That is my exact set minus the shamash, instead with the pdt strap (can use the magic evasion 15 strap alternative to the oneiros since you have shamash) Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find any other improvements

I don't have Shamash Robe, it's one of the last few pieces I need to complete this set.(I know, wishful thinking). Probably will be the final piece to the puzzle if it ever happens.

I am missing the Shamash Robe, and I just need to +2 the hands and legs next month. That's all I'm missing.
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-08-04 13:09:07
Link | Citer | R

IMO, it's better to have several specialized idle sets (DT, Meva, Regen/Refresh) and switch when appropriate, than deploy a single catchall set that may fall short in certain respects.

This is the set I use in battle with any kind of danger:

ItemSet 374076
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2020-08-04 13:22:57
Link | Citer | R

How is the raetic? I steered clear due to the MP consumption where it even takes mp from a stoneskin hit, I'd rather just cure or curaga myself, granted, I'm assuming it's fine as long as you have a BRD/staying out of danger? I rarely get that luxury lol
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-08-04 13:24:21
Link | Citer | R

How is the raetic? I steered clear due to the MP consumption where it even takes mp from a stoneskin hit, I'd rather just cure or curaga myself, granted, I'm assuming it's fine as long as you have a BRD/staying out of danger? I rarely get that luxury lol

It's fine as long as you have Ebers pants and don't overhear unnecessarily.
VIP
By Lili 2020-08-04 16:54:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arico said: »

It's fine as long as you have Ebers pants and don't overhear unnecessarily.

They were asking about the Raetic Bangles +1 that's in that set, not about the Raetic Rod that is not in that set. That's an idle set and it has Daybreak in it.
 Sylph.Seidell
Serveur: Sylph
user: Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2020-08-07 10:12:12
Link | Citer | R

What would be the optimal midcast set for pro/shell?
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-08-07 10:17:41
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, if there's a chance of getting hit physically, you get sucked dry of MP pretty quickly. +100 meva in the hand slot is pretty huge tho.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-08-07 11:10:49
Link | Citer | R

Wotasu said: »
Hearty Earring
Don't fall for the resist status meme. You're better served by just having hard Meva.
Resist Status+ is halved in potency against anything that you actually care about, and just isn't as good as full on resisting something because your Meva is high.
By Wotasu 2020-08-07 11:17:03
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
Wotasu said: »
Hearty Earring
Don't fall for the resist status meme. You're better served by just having hard Meva.
Resist Status+ is halved in potency against anything that you actually care about, and just isn't as good as full on resisting something because your Meva is high.
Yeah Im aware of that, was just an option.

Sylph.Seidell said: »
What would be the optimal midcast set for pro/shell?
Enhancing Magic Duration+ combined with Conserve MP.
[+]
 Asura.Epigram
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-08-07 13:21:28
Link | Citer | R

Sheltered Ring or Brachyura Earring are likely worthwhile for pro/shell sets.
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-08-07 15:12:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Epigram said: »

Only works on the wearer
By Wotasu 2020-08-07 15:21:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Nuance said: »
Asura.Epigram said: »

Only works on the wearer
Which is extra buffs for the whm in question!
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-09-16 11:06:00
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
dINT is a factor in landing enfeebling magics, and with dMND being a factor in potency of enfeebles.....
though there are exceptions.
It's actually not quite that simple, it's based on the magic type. dMND is a factor in landing white magic enfeebles, and dINT is a factor in landing black magic enfeebles.

Same for potency, where there is a potency factor. Para & Slow are white magic so their potency is dictated by dMND. Something like Blind is black magic so its potency is dictated by dINT.

Same with all magic, really. Higher MND will help you resist damage from Holy/Banish, while higher INT will help you resist damage from elemental magic.

I'm not totally sure how this works with additional effects... like if you have a weaponskill that paralyzes the target, does them having more MND help them resist it and/or reduce potency? No clue...
By eeternal 2020-09-26 11:59:16
Link | Citer | R

Not sure really but would anyone point out which set is bis for arise/raise recasting time?
 Asura.Dibble
user: Dibble
By Asura.Dibble 2020-09-27 05:51:15
Link | Citer | R

Suggestions:

You didn't cover Divine Seal?

Quote:
It's main use consist of being paired with esuna under if the White Mage doesn't own a Yagrush and it's safe for him to stay in area of effect range.

CP parties on WHM are probably in the distant past for most users of this guide but Misery + Esuna+Cura are amazing for Fish/Crab parties.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-09-27 08:57:45
Link | Citer | R

I've found Apex Bats to be easier on WHM than fish/pugils. If you have a strong enough barspell set Barwatera will make your party evade the attack down like 95% of the time.

Most Apex Bat parties I went to on WHM I rarely even needed to heal. I just kept buffs up(Pro/Shell/barwatera/Boost/AoE Regen IV) and the party would sustain themselves.

It got so bad I ended up just watching TV while CP'ing on WHM unless the party didn't have a puller, lol.
 Asura.Dibble
user: Dibble
By Asura.Dibble 2020-09-28 13:42:51
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
I've found Apex Bats to be easier on WHM than fish/pugils.
It's nice when you have a choice.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-09-28 18:46:46
Link | Citer | R

eeternal said: »
Not sure really but would anyone point out which set is bis for arise/raise recasting time?
Hmm I don't have that set yet, good question. I imagine it would look something like a fast cast set using path C Asclepius and a Haste cape from Ambuscade if needed.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-09-28 18:58:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pergatory said: »
eeternal said: »
Hmm I don't have that set yet, good question. I imagine it would look something like a fast cast set using path C Asclepius and a Haste cape from Ambuscade if needed.

Probably perimede. Would try to cap FC/Haste then prioritize insta-cast gear, conserve mp, and DT/m.eva
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 22 23 24