Forum » FFXI » General » RIP SPARKS!!!
RIP SPARKS!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Mattelot 2020-06-05 06:14:50
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Its irrelevant that the program is doing something for you. The aim bot generates more kills than you could if you were playing and inflates your k/d. A farming bot doesnt somehow do anything you couldnt do while playing yourself. It doesnt generate anything extra. As far as the game is concerned, theres no difference between you sitting there at the keyboard and a script running around killing the same things just as fast or slower.

This is almost as bad of troll bait as the guy on my server who said NAs only kill Mireu when he's there to carry us all.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-05 08:10:04
Link | Citer | R

Mattelot said: »
Cheating to get gil is legit? Bad troll bait.

As far as the game is concerned, its legit gil. There is no mechanical difference in the way currency is generated by having a script kill mobs and a player do the same thing. There is no difference between someone trading you 100m or you paying someone $10 for $100m. The currency generated is the same either way.

I go into an online 1st person game with an autoaim hack I created. It shoots headshots with 100% accuracy FOR me. These are legit headshots because the game generated the bullets.

Thats how much sense that makes.

There are fine lines between obtaining something legit and cheating to do it. I only own 2 mythics. I manually did each jar and nyzul. I earned them. I didn't have something do it for me and then say "yeah, I earned that".

This isnt comparable to an auto aim hack. As far as how gil is actually created, botting or selling it for money doesnt change anything about how gil is created in the game at the fundamental level. There is no mechanical difference between the two.

Let me know when a legit player can farm sparks in Ceizak for 72 hours straight.

Without a sponsorship from Red Bull.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-06-05 08:14:54
Link | Citer | R

ffxi has no pvp, botters and rmt make the people you'll play with better by increasing the availability of just about everything

if you're on a high horse about it, you're either so poorly geared you're competing for group invites and have a legit gripe, or you attach too much of your personal success to your ffxi accomplishments and need to relax
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-06-05 08:27:26
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Let me know when a legit player can farm sparks in Ceizak for 72 hours straight.

He knows that. The rationalizations are so far-fetched... don't take the bait.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-05 08:29:35
Link | Citer | R

bruh what the hell lmao, they arent increasing the availability of anything.

RMT arent increasing the availability of Alex or HMP or currency or REMA stones, they arent flooding the market with Aurgelmr+1's or SU5's, etc etc
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-05 08:31:35
Link | Citer | R

Yes... that was/is exactly what RMT are/were doing.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-06-05 08:31:47
Link | Citer | R

RMT arent increasing the availability of Alex or HMP or currency or REMA stones, they arent flooding the market with Aurgelmr+1's or SU5's, etc etc

That was an obvious joke. Relax, sir.
 Bahamut.Newzarb
Serveur: Bahamut
user: newzarb
By Bahamut.Newzarb 2020-06-05 08:34:23
Link | Citer | R

Cheating to get gil is legit? Bad troll bait.

As far as the game is concerned, its legit gil. There is no mechanical difference in the way currency is generated by having a script kill mobs and a player do the same thing. There is no difference between someone trading you 100m or you paying someone $10 for $100m. The currency generated is the same either way.

I go into an online 1st person game with an autoaim hack I created. It shoots headshots with 100% accuracy FOR me. These are legit headshots because the game generated the bullets.

Thats how much sense that makes.

There are fine lines between obtaining something legit and cheating to do it. I only own 2 mythics. I manually did each jar and nyzul. I earned them. I didn't have something do it for me and then say "yeah, I earned that".

This isnt comparable to an auto aim hack. As far as how gil is actually created, botting or selling it for money doesnt change anything about how gil is created in the game at the fundamental level. There is no mechanical difference between the two.

By legit I think he means that there's a character that actually did some actions in the game to obtain that gil w/e it was a bot or a human. At the level of the server's code there's no difference hance why it's "legit".

Non-legit way would be a player being able to hack the game to be able to buy an item at any price while spending a lower amount of gil of his own, for example.

Of course that doesn't change the fact that a human can't spend 24 hours a day farming and that bots give an unfair advantage to their users and thus are forbidden.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-06-05 09:05:27
Link | Citer | R

Your server must suck or you are blind.
By Mattelot 2020-06-05 09:39:48
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
Your server must suck or you are blind.

What if it's both?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-06-05 10:34:26
Link | Citer | R

kreek said: »

He said botters and RMT.

That said, it was RMT farming Dyna currency for years, and mostly RMT farming bayld for HP Bayld.

Leviathan had a bunch of random name /anon chars with a stupid amounts of dyna currencies not too long ago at 200-250k also.
 Ramuh.Siege
Serveur: Ramuh
user: siege
By Ramuh.Siege 2020-06-05 10:35:22
Link | Citer | R

i noticed RMT recently haven't been shouting as much since shortly after SE's update post, someone was saying that the price of gil has already doubled, curious if that is true if anyone can confirm that, maybe inflation is finally going to come down.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-05 10:37:12
Link | Citer | R

Some sellers are double the price it was, yes. back to .60 per million

One seller is trying to get $1 a mil again.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 10:44:38
Link | Citer | R

I used to wonder how it was feasibly possible for entire countries to run to the point of literally trillions of dollars in debt. After reading the past 3 pages of this thread that materialized last night/today so far, I am starting to get it- it blows my mind how little basic economic understanding some people clearly have, yet they are paying bills in a real world.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-05 10:45:10
Link | Citer | R

It's sad that people buy gil in the first place.

It's not that hard to get gil, even if you aren't trying....
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-05 10:46:00
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
I used to wonder how it was feasibly possible for entire countries to run to the point of literally trillions of dollars in debt. After reading the past 3 pages of this thread that materialized last night/today so far, I am starting to get it- it blows my mind how little basic economic understanding some people clearly have, yet they are paying bills in a real world.
Priorities man.

Sure, the rent's due, but damn, I want that damn double Rostram.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-06-05 10:47:21
Link | Citer | R

I used to wonder how it was feasibly possible for entire countries to run to the point of literally trillions of dollars in debt

Overspending on military?
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 10:56:17
Link | Citer | R

I used to wonder how it was feasibly possible for entire countries to run to the point of literally trillions of dollars in debt

Nah, y'all. It's the complete lack of understanding of how currency is given value; how ANY debt, be it personal or national, is addressed; and what changes inflation in EITHER direction.

I was aware of the stupidity of people who spend a $1200 gov't check on a video game and then complain the government won't let them work...I just didn't know about the lack of basic economic policy understanding.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-05 10:56:23
Link | Citer | R

I agree.

We should stop sublimating every other country's military and just take care of our own communities instead.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-05 10:58:18
Link | Citer | R

Nah, y'all. It's the complete lack of understanding of how currency is given value; how ANY debt, be it personal or national, is addressed; and what changes inflation in EITHER direction.

I was aware of the stupidity of people who spend a $1200 gov't check on a video game and then complain the government won't let them work...I just didn't know about the lack of basic economic policy understanding.
Value = effort. It's plain and simple.

The value of the dollar is the sum total of the combined effort of the people who use the dollar.
By Mattelot 2020-06-05 11:01:37
Link | Citer | R

I know this is going off on a tangent but this is something I've discussed with a couple others recently. We have these people who are out of work or quit their jobs and actually getting paid more than most people who ARE working yet complain that they "got the raw end of the deal."

So yeah, it makes me embarrassed to be an American.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 11:10:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Value = effort. It's plain and simple.

The value of the dollar is the sum total of the combined effort of the people who use the dollar.

Not true in the least. Those who had to live in Weimar Germany post WW1 or in some eras of Sub-Saharan African Kingdoms (pre-democracies in some countries such as Nigeria) worked their *** off, and certainly valued trying to feed their children. But a lack of a concrete value to stabilize that currency made all the best intentions of the world not matter worth a damn, to the point of wheelbarrows of "money" had to be used for a single loaf of bread.

That's the greatest fear many "small government" fans in the US have right now- that the US dollar is not backed by a hard commodity, only "The Full Faith And Credit" of the United States. And really, that just means "we got big guns and can blow your ***up if you ever say our money is garbage". At the end of the day, things are just more stable when the world knows even if your country goes to hell, the money of that country can be exchanged for actual ounces of gold, or pounds sterling...hell make it backed by fat purple chickens if your country has enough fat purple chickens, whatever. Just make it backed by something more than the paper its printed on.

...and this is the problem for long-term economic stability in an MMO. There is never anything concrete backing the value of currency. If a game can remain 100% RMT-free, then what establishes the value of a game currency is TIME. One human who is generating their own currency values that currency based on their personal time to generate it-such as time taken away from "enjoying" the game to farm. If RMT enters the game, the value of that time is turned into the dollar point placed on one's real-world hours vs the amount of gil one can make in an hour.

If you can make 2million gil in one hour, and worked a job paying $20/hour, that gil is now valued at $10/million in your mind. If you can find a website selling it for $8/million and you have no qualms against buying it, you're gonna. If it was being sold at $15/million, you probably don't.

So there ends up being two choices. Game currency is never given a concrete value, so prices inflate over time for two reasons- either players improve their methods of farming thus increasing their gil/hour income, or there is less over time to spend gil on, increasing the volume of it in the game while not giving more things to spend it on, reducing the value of each "gil" because now it takes more to buy the same things.

Or, game currency IS given value by either a 3rd party (RMT) or in-game sales of a fake money for real money (p2w). The end result is the same- it attaches a real world value to a pretend situation. Then, that real world currency is what is actually connected to a commodity.

In the 3rd party scenario, due to competition the real-world amount attached to that game currency is in constant flux and is constantly being devalued. This means you can buy more game currency with the same amount of real currency, but once in game, that currency does less because EVERYONE can do the same. In the p2w scenario, values are more stable due to only one source- it would function in a way like a Treasury. But, due to this being a GAME and many of their customers are desiring to ESCAPE the trapsings of the real world, the cost of this stability is loss of membership.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-06-05 11:23:20
Link | Citer | R

hell make it backed by fat purple chickens

You're upsetting the Colonel...

If RMT enters the game, the value of that time is turned into the dollar point placed on one's real-world hours vs the amount of gil one can make in an hour.

Over a decade ago, I knew someone who used to buy hundreds and hundreds of dollars in gil. He told everyone and didn't care. He said "I make far more per hour in dollars than I can in gil."
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 11:36:40
Link | Citer | R

hell make it backed by fat purple chickens

You're upsetting the Colonel...

If RMT enters the game, the value of that time is turned into the dollar point placed on one's real-world hours vs the amount of gil one can make in an hour.

Over a decade ago, I knew someone who used to buy hundreds and hundreds of dollars in gil. He told everyone and didn't care. He said "I make far more per hour in dollars than I can in gil."

Nailed it.
 Phoenix.Jakarai
Serveur: Phoenix
user: jakarai
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2020-06-05 11:50:51
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Siege said: »
i noticed RMT recently haven't been shouting as much since shortly after SE's update post, someone was saying that the price of gil has already doubled, curious if that is true if anyone can confirm that, maybe inflation is finally going to come down.

this just means the billions of gil they farmed is now worth more to them. only thing SE did is line RMT pockets.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-05 11:52:52
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Jakarai said: »
Ramuh.Siege said: »

this just means the billions of gil they farmed is now worth more to them. only thing SE did is line RMT pockets.

[+]
 Phoenix.Jakarai
Serveur: Phoenix
user: jakarai
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2020-06-05 11:55:42
Link | Citer | R

so was he working overtime to buy gil? did he not have alot of time to play the game?

i play this game in my free time and one thing about farming sparks/accolades its more then that. you are also farming exp/cp.
 Kujata.Tetsuiga
Serveur: Kujata
user: Tetsuiga
By Kujata.Tetsuiga 2020-06-05 11:57:40
Link | Citer | R

Can we take a second and appreciate the masterful trolling by SE, Double unity accs next month bois, so you can reach cap twice as fast !
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17