RIP SPARKS!!!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » RIP SPARKS!!!
RIP SPARKS!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17
By Drayco 2020-06-03 06:45:03
Link | Citer | R

It's going to be cap per character... so RMT accounts will just have 20 chars on them and when one caps, they'll switch to the next one.

This really changes nothing and puts more contend ID money in SE's pocket.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-06-03 06:49:01
Link | Citer | R

kreek said: »
This isn't a nerf, it's a fix.

Yeah right.

Profissional RMTs are grining very hard right now.

RIP Eiryl.

Now they finally got him in his balls?
 Asura.Botosi
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-06-03 06:53:25
Link | Citer | R

Drayco said: »
It's going to be cap per character... so RMT accounts will just have 20 chars on them and when one caps, they'll switch to the next one.

This. It’s not going to change anything for the RMTs with their unlimited supply of accounts to throw away. It’s only going to hurt the average joe who farms gain-exp (especially the average joe who doesn’t dualbox) and the dual/tri/quad boxers who bot sparks 24/7.

If anything this may actually HELP RMT because with their unlimited supply of accounts they’ll have the most access to the biggest money printers in the game.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2020-06-03 07:01:05
Link | Citer | R

Noticed they’re limiting unity points too. Interesting
By Pantafernando 2020-06-03 07:05:17
Link | Citer | R

If they wanted to go this route, maybe it would be better to first make prize powder not npcable. This way, you cut in half all source of income.

BTW, things started to go south after they made prize powder stackable to 99, making viable to average Joe to sell prizes too, what is painfully slow when they were stackable to 12 (obviously with addons you could make this even faster but overall this was a measure to actually make easier to convert acc->gil).
By Draylo 2020-06-03 07:07:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Botosi said: »

This. It’s not going to change anything for the RMTs with their unlimited supply of accounts to throw away. It’s only going to hurt the average joe who farms gain-exp (especially the average joe who doesn’t dualbox) and the dual/tri/quad boxers who bot sparks 24/7.

If anything this may actually HELP RMT because with their unlimited supply of accounts they’ll have the most access to the biggest money printers in the game.

That would be more money in their pockets though, so SE still wins.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-06-03 07:10:03
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Noticed they’re limiting unity points too. Interesting
Why? It's the better source
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-03 07:14:05
Link | Citer | R

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

breathes deeply.

YouTube Video Placeholder

R.O.F.L.G.A.

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-03 07:15:25
Link | Citer | R

Just a reminder, that I'm one of the ones that have said sparks needed to be nerfed for years.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53128/gain-money-nerf 2018-12-27 05:55:09
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52067/are-they-going-to-nerf-sparks-items-value 2018-03-12 18:56:35
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53669/could-be-the-inevitable-sparks-nerf-soon#reply 2019-05-17 15:46:26
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Long overdue. Years in fact.
Said it before that too, but can't find those threads.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-06-03 07:15:35
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »

That would be more money in their pockets though, so SE still wins.

SE: “A way to screw over our players and make more money in the process?! Dreams do come true!”
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-03 07:28:56
Link | Citer | R

Now that I've rofled my lol off. Real talk.

Enjoy more CP bots "taking all the good camps" because they have to sell more CP to make up for lost spark income.

Quote:
Do you think these entities will all just go away now? they will retool to make gil another way, and that way will be even more annoying to the rest of us.

(Which won't be me btw, I'm far to lazy to put that much effort in) I'll just run 100 bots instead of 20.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-06-03 07:43:39
Link | Citer | R

Enjoy more CP bots "taking all the good camps" because they have to sell more CP to make up for lost spark income.

Quote:
Do you think these entities will all just go away now? they will retool to make gil another way, and that way will be even more annoying to the rest of us.

(Which won't be me btw, I'm far to lazy to put that much effort in) I'll just run 100 bots instead of 20.

I can see that being the case. No different than back in the 75 era when one method for hindering RMT occurred, they just moved onto something even more annoying.
By Draylo 2020-06-03 07:45:48
Link | Citer | R

He really is helping them achieve their goal though, they frustrate the RMT and make them spend more money.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-06-03 07:47:17
Link | Citer | R

Yea idk why people want cap on spark turn in. I personally don't farm spark if its not for crafting stuff. All this will do is hurt everyone else in the long run. Like someone said this just puts more money in se pocket jts not like bots are short on content IDs this just mean more gilbuyers if anything sadly.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 07:52:43
Link | Citer | R

He really is helping them achieve their goal though, they frustrate the RMT and make them spend more money.
This is hardly going to be a blip on their radar. But yea potentially can screw over normal players. Really depends on what the cap is, if it's 10mil a week, that's still a lot of gil to produce.

If it's something ultra stupid like, 2 mil....

If you thought people were buying Gil way too much now.... Yea.

Nerfing this ***won't fix anything. Nuke the bots, nuke the rmt, don't stop.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-06-03 07:53:35
Link | Citer | R

This really doesn’t though. It only pisses off the players.

Yeah, the RMT may have to spend a little more each month, but their customer count just drastically increased.

All of those people not making gil botting will just end up buying the gil.

There is no fix to RMT. Even if SE directly sold gil, the RMT could still merc services for RL money (as they’ve been doing).
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-06-03 07:56:10
Link | Citer | R

If little Jimmy needs his gil fix he’s going to get it whether it’s from botting or buying.

Let’s face it, anyone playing an 18 year old game has addiction issues.
[+]
By ksoze 2020-06-03 07:58:39
Link | Citer | R

A nice side effect would be that more ppl seek each other to play instead of trying solo / merc everything
By Mattelot 2020-06-03 07:58:49
Link | Citer | R

It may piss them off but we have to know what the limits are before we jump the gun. If its just to combat botting, so hopefully the limit will still be realistic to where normal players don't even feel the effects.
By Mattelot 2020-06-03 07:59:50
Link | Citer | R

If little Jimmy needs his gil fix he’s going to get it whether it’s from botting or buying.

Let’s face it, anyone playing an 18 year old game has addiction issues.

I'm a huge fan of retro games. I still play NES games that are over 30 years old. What do you call that? :P
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-06-03 08:00:18
Link | Citer | R

Mattelot said: »

It may piss them off but we have to know what the limits are before we jump the gun. If its just to combat botting, so hopefully the limit will still be realistic to where normal players don't even feel the effects.

Cmon man, it’s SE. We’ve been down this road before. You really gonna give them the benefit of the doubt? Lol
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-06-03 08:01:47
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Either way this hurts your bottom line. You have to create more accounts, level them up, pay the extra $1/month. And if there are bans again your work just increased by tensfold.

This is a good nerf and hopefully a substantial one by SE.
By Mattelot 2020-06-03 08:02:14
Link | Citer | R

Cmon man, it’s SE. We’ve been down this road before. You really gonna give them the benefit of the doubt? Lol

It's not so much giving them the benefit of the doubt but rather not assuming or doomsaying just yet.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-03 08:03:08
Link | Citer | R

Depends, if it makes legit players more lazy they may buy gil which, like Botosi said, brings them more money lol. Maybe SE doesn't care about the average players, they think they'll stick around no matter what and they can use that to squeeze a little extra money out of the RMT.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-03 08:05:08
Link | Citer | R

Mattelot said: »

How long have you been playing XI for? Since when does SE go light on nerfs?

They heavily nerf something, and then MAYBE scale it back depending on how the playerbase reacts.

Furthermore, lets be real, spaghetti code gonna come out full force: Unity NM's wont be spawnable by people who maxed out their monthly quota. This bug wont be fixed until the next patch either.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-06-03 08:07:18
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
How long have you been playing XI for? Since when does SE go light on nerfs?

They heavily nerf something, and then MAYBE scale it back depending on how the playerbase reacts.

Furthermore, lets be real, spaghetti code gonna come out full force: Unity NM's wont be spawnable by people who maxed out their monthly quota. This bug wont be

Since 2004.

And how do you define "light"? I've seen nerfs that seemed fine and balanced while somebody else screams that the world is coming to an end.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-03 08:07:25
Link | Citer | R

I'm super curious what cap they'll go with.

1 cap per day = 7m cap? Nah. 14m? 21m? 30m?

Anything over 3m a day is ineffective a shitty spark gear spark bot barely makes more than that. Nerf gain-money, crystals, 500 damage specifically, instead would've been a better answer.

Unless they go with one cap per day, which would be pretty brutal (and hilarious).
By ksoze 2020-06-03 08:07:26
Link | Citer | R

"Cmon man, it’s SE. We’ve been down this road before. You really gonna give them the benefit of the doubt? Lol
"

"Depends, if it makes legit players more lazy they may buy gil which, like Botosi said, brings them more money lol. Maybe SE doesn't care about the average players, they think they'll stick around no matter what and they can use that to squeeze a little extra money out of the RMT.
"

I think SE cares about players, they just overthink stuff and they are Japanese.

Like alot of people they are afraid to admit mistakes and they need to weigh in all the possibilities.

Like rmt that is a part of the game, just like botting is now part of the game, lua, etc...

This game is far from what it was from when I joined a dunes party
By rangler33 2020-06-03 08:08:38
Link | Citer | R

I'm super curious what cap they'll go with.

1 cap per day = 7m cap? Nah. 14m? 21m? 30m?

Anything over 3m a day is ineffective a shitty spark gear spark bot barely makes more than that. Nerf gain-money, crystals, 500 damage specifically, instead would've been a better answer.

Unless they go with one cap per day, which would be pretty brutal (and hilarious).
It says it's a weekly cap, anywhere from 500k sparks to 5000k sparks would be my guess.

Depends, if it makes legit players more lazy they may buy gil which, like Botosi said, brings them more money lol. Maybe SE doesn't care about the average players, they think they'll stick around no matter what and they can use that to squeeze a little extra money out of the RMT.
I don't think this is true. sparks shouldn't be the end all be all money gainer and I don't think the average player is farming 10m worth of sparks a day.
 Sylph.Truckie
Serveur: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Truckie 2020-06-03 08:08:41
Link | Citer | R

Hopefully, they put caps on each individual item, and not overall sparks / accolade use. Some items, like REM pages and whatnot, have no need to be capped.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17