Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » RIP SPARKS!!!
RIP SPARKS!!!
First Page 2 3 4 ... 15 16 17
By ksoze 2020-06-03 08:10:26
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Truckie said: »
Hopefully, they put caps on each individual item, and not overall sparks / accolade use. Some items, like REM pages and whatnot, have no need to be capped.

It's gonna be a sparks / acco cap, not a item / trading cap
By Mrxi 2020-06-03 08:20:10
Link | Citer | R

says weekly limit for exchanging points in the op, and i bet its going to be 1 dump
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-03 08:22:33
Link | Citer | R

If they go with 7 turn ins, then monday everyone caps (yay gain-money) and then less motivation for players to play tuesday-sunday
By ksoze 2020-06-03 08:23:56
Link | Citer | R

Mrxi said: »
says weekly limit for exchanging points in the op, and i bet its going to be 1 dump

Feel like it Yes
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-03 08:24:04
Link | Citer | R

I'm still convinced their spaghetti code's gonna screw up and people wont be able to spawn UNM's due to hitting the cap.

Good luck getting your Agony Jerkin +1 after turning in your sparks for gil brand new player!
[+]
By ksoze 2020-06-03 08:26:16
Link | Citer | R

If they would up the accolades storage to for instance 999999 then you can farm unms for extra gil
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 08:26:46
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
I'm still convinced their spaghetti code's gonna screw up and people wont be able to spawn UNM's due to hitting the cap.

Good luck getting your Agony Jerkin +1 after turning in your sparks for gil brand new player!
Yea I can easily see this happening.
By Taint 2020-06-03 08:27:21
Link | Citer | R

If this clears out my camps I'm all for it!
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 08:28:45
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
If this clears out my camps I'm all for it!
It won't, if anything they will be more crowded by bots.

The bots are going to compensate based on what ever Gil producing goal or quota they have set.

So, they won't spend more time on it, they will just double down on the active bots. More camps will be monopolized.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-03 08:56:13
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 09:07:21
Link | Citer | R

The thing is, SE has to realize that this won't do ***to stop the RMT bots, they can't be so stupid not to put it together that, "well won't the RMT just make more accounts and characters?"

It's like that meme, I am sure whoever brought it up was immediately tossed out the window.

Like.... c'mon SE.

As a side note, a certain person who is claiming to White Knight that Sparks needs to be nerfed, all the while also claiming that they care about the game and the only reason they spark bot themselves is to show SE that it is vulnerable and should be nerfed, is now "roflcopter, well I'm just gonna make more accounts"

Can you cut the ***now? Your high horse just got shot.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 09:09:00
Link | Citer | R

So much this, it's a cover up.
 Lakshmi.Likos
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Likos
By Lakshmi.Likos 2020-06-03 09:15:19
Link | Citer | R

This is great news. I was tired of the paupers locking down the exp camps every time GE came around. Also- Enjoy employment, scum.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 09:17:08
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Likos said: »
This is great news. I was tired of the paupers locking down the exp camps every time GE came around. Also- Enjoy employment, scum.
It's not going to stop them, not one nerf implemented in this game has stopped RMT.

Active banning is the only way you will put the hurt on them.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-03 09:19:44
Link | Citer | R

How so if they can just create new accounts? It needs to be a multi-faceted approach.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-06-03 09:22:07
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
It's not going to stop them, not one nerf implemented in this game has stopped RMT.

Yea this ain't gonna change a thing anyone can make an account. Sadly think this game is too old to do what current games are doing like hardware taking and banning people off gpu cpu and what not.
By Wolfen 2020-06-03 09:22:31
Link | Citer | R

Every RMT nerf has always hurt the player base more than the RMT it was supposed to stop.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 09:24:18
Link | Citer | R

They recognize the pattern before they have managed to make a profit ban them. They will come back, they need to keep being banned. It's not going to stop until they actively police the game. But they are wanting an autopilot instead. Nerfs are lazy regulation.

You make watches, at a humans pace. Someone comes along and starts counterfeiting the ***out of your watches. The solution? Inhibit the legit person from making a profit? Problem solved? Let the counterfeiting continue?
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 09:24:40
Link | Citer | R

Wolfen said: »
Every RMT nerf has always hurt the player base more than the RMT it was supposed to stop.
Exactly.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Likos
By Lakshmi.Likos 2020-06-03 09:26:04
Link | Citer | R

Oh, I know. That line was only for Eiryl, but it will also be great seeing SE stick it to those losers (non-rmt) on my server who always go around AoE'ing my pulls because I dared encroach on their precious GE time.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-06-03 09:28:48
Link | Citer | R

They recognize the pattern before they have managed to make a profit ban them. They will come back, they need to keep being banned. It's not going to stop until they actively police the game. But they are wanting an autopilot instead. Nerfs are lazy regulation.

You make watches, at a humans pace. Someone comes along and starts counterfeiting the ***out of your watches. The solution? Inhibit the legit person from making a profit? Problem solved? Let the counterfeiting continue?

horrible example..
to adjust your example:

RMT make watches using automation and machinery, they can pump out 500 watches an hour. legit person can pump out 5 watches an hour. watch legislator makes it so you can pump out 10 watches an hour.

if done right this is a great solution for nerfing sparks. people botting or RMTing should be the ones that can be hurt
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 09:29:18
Link | Citer | R

Oh, I know. That line was only for Eiryl, but it will also be great seeing SE stick it to those losers (non-rmt) on my server who always go around AoE'ing my pulls because I dared encroach on their precious GE time.
Yea I had a similar incident a couple weeks back. Went to a camp, there were people there, they were only killing about half the mobs, so trying to be respectful was trying to share. Soon as I made a few pulls, they just had to have all the mobs at that point and started cleaving my pulls, just straight trashy behavior.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 09:31:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tsm said: »

horrible example..
to adjust your example:

RMT make watches using automation and machinery, they can pump out 500 watches an hour. legit person can pump out 5 watches an hour. watch legislator makes it so you can pump out 10 watches an hour.

if done right this is a great solution for nerfing sparks. people botting or RMTing should be the ones that can be hurt

Regulator said 10 per person, normal person cant materialize more bodies for the quota. RMT can, does, and always will make new accounts out the ***, their activities will not stop from this. Possibly might be the record holder for laziest nerf from them to date.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-06-03 09:33:33
Link | Citer | R

either way it makes it harder for them, they have to pay more to SE which decreases their bottom line and makes it less appealing to bot.

they have to remake way more characters if they get banned.

sounds like you're mad you can't easy farm sparks anymore honestly.

its an attempt to deter bots and probably will be a successful one
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-06-03 09:34:19
Link | Citer | R

Finally, SE grows some balls to do the cut. The game just "printed" too much money and not provide enough products to prevent inflation.

They still going to bot the game until the end of time. However, you wouldn't see too much inflation. Unless SE screws it up and cap thing whole thing at 99k a day (or a week).
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-06-03 09:35:27
Link | Citer | R

Idk man you don't own the mobs. I personally think anyone doing gain exp is botting anyway so. Don't matter if its rmt or not a bots a bot. Also idk why people get upset saying someone took my GE camp but saying this is a good change this will make even more people camp on you.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 09:36:56
Link | Citer | R

This doesn't make ***harder for them. Hit cap, login another character, start bot.

And claiming additional sub costs as a hindrance is a joke also. 1-15 extra dollars a month to make thousand upon thousands of dollars a month.

Most RMT armies already have the 'bodies' in place anyway. They have backup accounts ready to spin up for the off chance their active accounts get banned.

This isn't even a nuisance for them.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2020-06-03 09:37:49
Link | Citer | R

Facts
 Lakshmi.Likos
By Lakshmi.Likos 2020-06-03 09:38:38
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Idk man you don't own the mobs. I personally think anyone doing gain exp is botting anyway so. Don't matter if its rmt or not a bots a bot. Also idk why people get upset saying someone took my GE camp but saying this is a good change this will make even more people camp on you.

I respect your right to have an opinion, no matter how insane it is.
[+]
 Odin.Barthelby
Serveur: Odin
user: Barthelby
By Odin.Barthelby 2020-06-03 09:39:17
Link | Citer | R

Why didnt they just set the Limited Time Challenges (ROE) to non repeatable at release 6 years ago , or just give exp if you repeat them and all other repeatables with 1 hour cooldown ( at least for crystal farming ).
They could rise the amount of Sparks to 5k for the limited Time Challenges if you just get Sparks once for them .

However setting a limit to Sparks will force the Bot Army to do things like oldschool Dyna , Salvage (maybe) , Delve or VW . Means Currency , alex and HMP will be cheaper again and Beitetsu Pluton Boulders will go up bc the demand of these will be even higher as it is now.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 15 16 17