Let's Start A Riot?!?!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 117 118 119
By Draylo 2020-06-03 11:17:44
Link | Citer | R

Not only did they not solve them, they made them WORSE.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-06-03 11:19:54
Link | Citer | R

Lol, I didn't "miss the point" at all. Would you prefer the looting to continue? I mean, have at it, it's not like I'm in any danger here in Texas.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 11:25:35
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Lol, I didn't "miss the point" at all. Would you prefer the looting to continue? I mean, have at it, it's not like I'm in any danger here in Texas.
Damn you are dense.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
Serveur: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-03 11:27:46
Link | Citer | R

There was violence last night.

Portland and NYC has some flare ups I read.

Tension seems to be easing up. The Pope weighed in so there’s that.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-03 11:30:17
Link | Citer | R

Curfews make it harder to riot. legally giving cops a reason to beat you and arrest you.

As soon as the curfews go? or if they try to keep curfews in place for more than a couple days, then it's just going to create more violence.

Curfew is a non-violent response. It's a good answer. use the time to mediate. Don't abuse it and don't waste it.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-03 11:35:57
Link | Citer | R

How long will the curfews last before our 2A brethren storm the capitols demanding their freedom of late night tail chasing and beer drinking at their favorite watering hole be restored?
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-06-03 11:36:45
Link | Citer | R

They are gonna make an announcement on the other 3 cops this afternoon. I wonder what they will be charged with
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 11:39:09
Link | Citer | R

People are feeling backed into a corner, corona curfew/quarentine and now this. If the population as a whole doesn't cool it, ***is going to really explode.

Political parties propaganda and lies are fanning the flames from both sides of the blaze. This is a very bad situation.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-03 11:39:53
Link | Citer | R

Hahahaha.. this made me laudably laugh out loud.
Quote:
Denver police officer fired for "Let's start a riot" post during George Floyd protest
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 11:41:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:
Denver police officer fired for "Let's start a riot" post during George Floyd protest
Lmao, how dare he jock my style.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-03 11:41:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-03 11:43:39
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
People are feeling backed into a corner, corona curfew/quarentine and now this. If the population as a whole doesn't cool it, ***is going to really explode.

Political parties propaganda and lies are fanning the flames from both sides of the blaze. This is a very bad situation.

Don’t forget the 40 million unemployed.

Sure it’s just over 1% of the population but that’s a lot people that can cause unrest.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-03 11:48:02
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Zerowone said: »
Leviathan.Draugo said: »

Don’t forget the 40 million unemployed.

Sure it’s just over 1% of the population but that’s a lot people that can cause unrest.

population, yes, but remember that unemployment numbers are based on those unemployed vs those employable- so under 18 doesn't count, over 65 doesn't count, disabled doesn't count. Its more like 6%+ of the employable number I'm sure.
[+]
 Asura.Gnawclaw
user: Gnawclaw
By Asura.Gnawclaw 2020-06-03 11:51:40
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Zerowone said: »
There was violence last night.

Portland and NYC has some flare ups I read.

Between Portland and Seattle here. It was horrible. Shop owners attacked on sight. Blood everywhere.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 11:55:44
Link | Citer | R

So yea, crisis is not over.
By Draylo 2020-06-03 11:56:26
Link | Citer | R

He should have used the shotgun
[+]
 Fenrir.Puciato
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Pucidain
By Fenrir.Puciato 2020-06-03 12:16:40
Link | Citer | R

Well let's see, it's been a week or so, nothing's changed, everyone is reverting back to their way of life, protestors will continue telling everyone who isn't out in the streets because they are too busy supporting themselves or their families or looking after their loved ones or just dont want to get sucked into a shistorm that they are part of the problem further alienating themselves, and people will keep voting for democrats because they think they are on their side after watching major cities crumble for over 50 years now.

The definition of insanity is?

Pretty much the only thing that is going to change from this is more poor people will have less access to basic necessities and will suffer greatly for it.

That's my problem with the liberal train of thought, if you can call it thought. Its all cause and no effect. Everytime there's a flare up these groups just *** up a lot of people's communities for a social media photo OP and then go back to getting *** up and clubbing and complaining about how bad they've got it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-03 12:19:06
Link | Citer | R

Nothing is over, and nothing changes overnight.
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-06-03 12:23:40
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
The bigger question is, where is your outrage for David? He was a black life that mattered, so why are you ignoring him Veirkur
You, and KN, are basing your assumption of me ignoring him off of what?

Still waiting for someone to point out where I approved of the rioting and looting

Strange that neither of you can produce anything. It's almost as if I've done no such thing.
By 6souls 2020-06-03 12:29:28
Link | Citer | R

I do enjoy some of you are shutting down Draylo like we are on BG.
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-06-03 12:43:06
Link | Citer | R

I think the situation is going to keep going for a while.

You have a bunch of people not working, studying, or pretty much doing anything productive. They are also holed into their little rooms for months without going to bars or interact much with other humans.

The only thing they have is the internet (based on the numbers of cheap laptops selling)...

What do you guys think? Even if you weren't crazy before, you would have a lot of pended up gas to fart after spending months with nothing but the internet.
[+]
By volkom 2020-06-03 12:45:17
Link | Citer | R

For all the riots happening around the country ~ New Orleans seems to have their ***together and imo its awesome.

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/local/orleans/nopd-to-address-protests-outside-agitators-at-1230-press-conference/289-0a83190e-ff79-4273-8dc3-dde54318919a

Quote:
NEW ORLEANS — With more protests planned in New Orleans this week, police Superintendent Shaun Ferguson says he applauds the protestors who have kept the peace.

Standing in front of headquarters on Tuesday morning, the New Orleans police chief asked protestors to not "take the bait" from others who would incite violence during otherwise peaceful protests.

"Anyone wishing to cause any issues of violence, destruction... we're prepared to engage them," Ferguson said.

Ferguson said the department had received information that people from other cities were possibly traveling to "create chaos, create nonsense, create a disruption."

"So I'm asking the city of New Orleans, our community, even our visitors who are here now, please do not take the bait."

The chief's words come amid days of civil unrest across the country in which some cities have seen looting, buildings burned to the ground, and clashes between protestors and police.

But protests in New Orleans have painted a picture of peace that Ferguson and other community leaders praised as a "beacon of light" and a great example on how to raise a community's voice without violence.

"It's okay to be angry, but my grandmother taught me a lesson: It's not what you do, it how you do what you do," Bishop Lester Love of the City of Love church said. "Now New Orleans has the opportunity to be a leader that it has been for a few days, knowing how to protest, how to be people of peace, how to stand like King, like Gandhi, like Jesus did."

"Our citizens have been voicing their concerns without the violence and we're encouraging them to continue to do so," Ferguson said.

With more protests planned in New Orleans, leaders hope that the peace continues.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-03 12:49:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Veikur said: »
Draylo said: »
The bigger question is, where is your outrage for David? He was a black life that mattered, so why are you ignoring him Veirkur
You, and KN, are basing your assumption of me ignoring him off of what?

Still waiting for someone to point out where I approved of the rioting and looting

Strange that neither of you can produce anything. It's almost as if I've done no such thing.
Because of your indifference towards this.

It is as simple as that.

But hey, anything to help your cause, right? Who cares if a few people get killed for it, right?
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-06-03 13:03:10
Link | Citer | R

There is no indifference.

All I've commented on are the objectively true points that;
-Rioters make up a minuscule number of the people showing up to the protests.
-"Good cops" are using excessive force on the actual peaceful protesters, permanently maiming and arresting them, while the rioters are getting away with ***.

That's it. That's my commentary.
By Viciouss 2020-06-03 13:30:19
Link | Citer | R

Breaking: AG upgrading charge against Chauvin to 2nd degree murder, charges also coming for accomplices.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-06-03 13:34:18
Link | Citer | R

Breaking: AG upgrading charge against Chauvin to 2nd degree murder, charges also coming for accomplices.

Risky, especially when the 3rd degree charge was a slam dunk. But clearly the AG knows the laws better than I do, so I’ll defer for now. It’s going to be interesting to see the actual charges for the others, though.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-06-03 13:38:07
Link | Citer | R

I've seen calls from unexpected sources demanding a Murder One charge. Seeing a cop charged with murder at all is so incredibly rare that I was satisfied with murder three.

I don't know why my phone is changing it's mind on capital letters ...
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-06-03 13:41:23
Link | Citer | R

I'd wager the others might get a second degree manslaughter charge. Seems to be Minnesota's version of negligent homicide/involuntary manslaughter.
By Viciouss 2020-06-03 13:45:35
Link | Citer | R

Generalizing the definitions because I don't know Minnesota, Murder 2 is an act of intentional killing without premeditation. Murder 3 is essentially, an act of accidental killing. To me this didn't look like an accident, the guy knelt on his neck for over 8 minutes and reports are he was dead at the 5-6 minute mark. If I'm prosecuting I'm telling the jury he knelt on his neck for 6 minutes to kill him, then an additional 2 minutes to make sure he was dead. If thats not a slam dunk it seems like an easy layup to me.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-03 14:02:33
Link | Citer | R

Generalizing the definitions because I don't know Minnesota, Murder 2 is an act of intentional killing without premeditation. Murder 3 is essentially, an act of accidental killing. To me this didn't look like an accident, the guy knelt on his neck for over 8 minutes and reports are he was dead at the 5-6 minute mark. If I'm prosecuting I'm telling the jury he knelt on his neck for 6 minutes to kill him, then an additional 2 minutes to make sure he was dead. If thats not a slam dunk it seems like an easy layup to me.
The video alone proves Murder 2.

The fact that the officer in question leaned against the back of the neck to keep Floyd in place shows a unreasonable amount of force. The fact that he left his knee against the back of the neck shows intent to do harm.

If you honestly want to keep a person in place, you go to the center of gravity. Put pressure there, and it's impossible for anyone to get out of it.

That move shouldn't have been used in the first place, and the fact that he left his knee on the back of the neck shows intent. I believe this is a clear-cut Murder 2 conviction.
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 117 118 119