Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 237 238 239
 Phoenix.Logical
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-23 09:21:21
Link | Citer | R

Mog Level is 28 and I really think it's coming into play as my trust took next to no damage on that run, I however was getting hammered and had to ride Migawari to make it a reliable win. Looking forward to boosting them more now that I feel it's making a difference.
[+]
By Mrgrim 2021-02-23 19:14:00
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone tried EA + Scherzo on Mboze to negate Tiiimmbberr damage? Curious to know if that works.
By Kilogram 2021-02-23 19:57:52
Link | Citer | R

In regards to Goeol lag, Has anyone noted weither or not they are using the steam version of the game? Im on pc version but my friend on Steam had no lag
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-23 20:02:13
Link | Citer | R

Kilogram said: »
In regards to Goeol lag, Has anyone noted weither or not they are using the steam version of the game? Im on pc version but my friend on Steam had no lag

Interesting.

I also found that vanilla FFXI has almost no lag myself.

So I'm wondering if people using windower / ashita with lots of add-ones might be more likely to have lag.
 Asura.Toralin
Serveur: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2021-02-23 20:15:17
Link | Citer | R

Mrgrim said: »
Has anyone tried EA + Scherzo on Mboze to negate Tiiimmbberr damage? Curious to know if that works.
Scherzo did not help with double carol and triple runes still ate 5000dmg with SV
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-23 20:18:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
Scherzo did not help with double carol and triple runes still ate 5000dmg

Does Run's One For All guard against it?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-02-23 20:59:37
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Senaki said: »

Even if it does, it'd only reduce the damage by 600, or so, and that's assuming 3k HP on the receiving party members. Still gonna kill everyone.
By Shichishito 2021-02-23 22:44:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Botosi said: »
Nice job. What MM lvl do you have?
i think he mentions MM lvl 28 somewhere in the video.

any particular suspects on addons and lag correlation yet?
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-23 23:13:38
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
Asura.Botosi said: »
Nice job. What MM lvl do you have?
i think he mentions MM lvl 28 somewhere in the video.

any particular suspects on addons and lag correlation yet?

Try turning it all off and see if Ody is less laggy or not. Only way to know if it helps or not tbh.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Worlace
Serveur: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-02-24 06:04:59
Link | Citer | R

Observation on Arebati - it used Glassy Nova (full dispel/max stat down) the first time when it went below 50%. Didn't seem to use it again as fight slowed down dramatically, and we got up to having 2 fetters out after that. Ended up killing it with ~4 mins left. Anyone else had this experience with it? I know we've confirmed that Tiiimber can be used at will.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-24 06:43:20
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Worlace said: »
Observation on Arebati - it used Glassy Nova (full dispel/max stat down) the first time when it went below 50%. Didn't seem to use it again as fight slowed down dramatically, and we got up to having 2 fetters out after that. Ended up killing it with ~4 mins left. Anyone else had this experience with it? I know we've confirmed that Tiiimber can be used at will.

I didn't see him use it at all in my two runs but I also drop his Red Stagger within 1-2 seconds and it was my guess that possibly he only gains access to this move during that period of time. Do you know if the red proc window was open when he used it? Red proc window opens after the use of Polar Roar.
By Kilogram 2021-02-24 08:05:33
Link | Citer | R

endxen said: »
Its still laggy as *** on Vanilla. Its a coding issue that people have figured out already. It's resending the spell list (trust) packet an excessive amount causing the lag. Not sure if they got the info to SE or not.

i did a fresh steam install on a SSD and the lag is gone in gaoel, i usually use a VPN though, im going to test today

still using windower and all my old addons and stuff too.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-02-24 08:10:18
Link | Citer | R

One For All did nothing, and Liement even with proper Runes didn't absorb it... This leads me to believe Tiiimmbberr on this variant was changed to Non-Elemental or Breath Damage.

The WAR in my group in full Sakpata took 2,000 less damage than I did on RUN, but we both still died.
By Taint 2021-02-24 08:32:21
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Logical said: »

I didn't see him use it at all in my two runs but I also drop his Red Stagger within 1-2 seconds and it was my guess that possibly he only gains access to this move during that period of time. Do you know if the red proc window was open when he used it? Red proc window opens after the use of Polar Roar.

Polar Roar > wait for Red > WS right?

Arebati is giving me fits, everything goes smooth until 20% and he keeps eating AAEV. Has anyone tried full meva (malignance)set on Arebati or is Migawari a requirement?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-02-24 08:36:24
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

One For All did nothing, and Liement even with proper Runes didn't absorb it... This leads me to believe Tiiimmbberr on this variant was changed to Non-Elemental or Breath Damage.

The WAR in my group in full Sakpata took 2,000 less damage than I did on RUN, but we both still died.
Even breath dmg should still be absorbable via liement, assuming the element matches. And reducible by Vallation, etc.

Non-elemental is definitely a possibility though. No element means Liement and vallation don't proc, much like on Mijin Gakure.

Interesting note, that sounds like it may match up with your experience. In every case I've seen, Tiimbeeer hit the tank Harder than everyone else. Usually by a good 2k or so.

Of further interest is that when two members were hit by Tiimbeeer while weakened, they took significantly less damage than before. I can dig up the logs for the dmg later if needed.

This observation and the fact that tanks are getting hit harder suggests a potential HP or max HP relation with the damage dealt. That said, even if that turns out to be the case, I don't see any way to take advantage of it. It hits for more than the player's max HP in every case, so even if reducing max HP reduces the damage you still die. /shrug.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-24 10:16:48
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »

Arebati is giving me fits, everything goes smooth until 20% and he keeps eating AAEV. Has anyone tried full meva (malignance)set on Arebati or is Migawari a requirement?

Yes, that process is correct.

I admittedly stayed in my Ken+1 for my attempts for ACC reasons so I can't say for certain if Malignance would have helped but yea I rode Migawari like my life depended on it (and i'm pretty sure it did). ArkEV never seemed to take any damage for me though, what is your MM level? I'm curious as I'm trying to figure out what my MM level of 28 is playing into how well they are doing.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-02-24 10:33:46
Link | Citer | R

I admittedly stayed in my Ken+1 for my attempts for ACC reasons so I can't say for certain if Malignance would have helped but yea I rode Migawari like my life depended on it (and i'm pretty sure it did). ArkEV never seemed to take any damage for me though, what is your MM level? I'm curious as I'm trying to figure out what my MM level of 28 is playing into how well they are doing.

It was covered a few pages back, but trusts get significant levels of DT- the higher your MM level is. The take seemed to be trusts at MM 45 take next to no damage at all.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-24 10:51:26
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

It was covered a few pages back, but trusts get significant levels of DT- the higher your MM level is. The take seemed to be trusts at MM 45 take next to no damage at all.

I had seen that we suspected they got -dt but I didn't understand that it was uncapped so to speak, I can cap my -dt all I want and I'm still gonna take a ton of damage from things due to cap. Sounds like they can reduce it to the point of a scratch... interesting. MM45 may actually prove easier to take these on with then with trust then with a party setup if this proves true. We will have to see how all of this is affected by the higher vengence levels.
By SimonSes 2021-02-24 11:07:55
Link | Citer | R

Isn't that simply magic attacks and trusts have massive MDB or meva or both (on top of -DT) with MM45?
By Taint 2021-02-24 11:15:43
Link | Citer | R

I'm curious as I'm trying to figure out what my MM level of 28 is playing into how well they are doing.

MM25. AAEV took very little damage until under 50% and took a lot under 20%. I saw lots of red probs but no blue, so that was probably my issue.
 Valefor.Worlace
Serveur: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-02-24 11:49:12
Link | Citer | R

The red proc window/aura was not up, he had not used a TP move at all. It had gone from 100% to 50% in about 15 seconds
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-24 11:49:24
Link | Citer | R

How does one even get Sheol rank up in MM?

I know A-C is killing mobs, opening boxes, killing NMs.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-24 12:17:38
Link | Citer | R

Note that each of the zones' MM gives different bonuses to the trusts. For example, I believe only B's levels give max HP and MP.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-24 12:26:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
Note that each of the zones' MM gives different bonuses to the trusts. For example, I believe only B's levels give max HP and MP.

So all 3 of them give a different benefit for Sheol cumulatively?
 Siren.Kruel
Serveur: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2021-02-24 12:59:55
Link | Citer | R

For anyone trying to help friends through the boss wins who have extreme lag and struggles to use the fight mechanics, i've been testing a new setup on the bosses recently.

Want a pld, and a smn.

Pld pulls then pops sentinel, when sentinel is close to wearing smn comes in and uses perfect defence.

Smn then switches to cait sith and uses astral conduit, mewing lullably, can use at that point, or wait till perfect defence is due to wear off.

This gives quite a lot of time where your tank and dd are quite safe from death even with fetters, these nm's drop really fast so you should have them dead, or almost dead by the time they can really hurt you.

The pld will still have invincible for after perfect defence too.

This works so well, we had our pld dc straight after our super buffs, soul voice etc on Mboze, forced us to engage without a tank with a sam and cor dd'ing, we still won.

Edit: also of course a chance of wild card resets too as a backup if you bring a cor.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2021-02-24 13:52:55
Link | Citer | R

I overdrived the T3 Shark with Valoredge Xiucoatl Taeon Set. I had to Dawn several times throughout the fight since he hit pet hard through overdrive. He did die within 30 seconds left of OD and I had Cor rolls.
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2021-02-24 14:02:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Syto said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
Creating a strategy topic weeks before it comes out was a dumb idea. People aren't going to want to go through 4 pages of junk before getting to the actual info.

Teaser info should go in the Dev tracker topic, and someone should make an actual strategy/info topic when the update hits.

I'll be updating the main page and most recent page with he latest updates..

Just like every job guide or event guide node thread that has pages of junk and ***posts that people have to sift through..

In fact.. There is not a single thread on these forums where you don't have to sift through crap and trolling/HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE comments from our Resident Trolls.. like from.. fonewear..Eiryl.. etc..

The primary page is what matters.. Junk will always be there..

Eventually I'll get mods to clean up the mess.. These forum mods are pretty casual about certain trolls let loose.. Favoritism?? Sure..

You choose where to find your data. This will be a spot..you mad?... Create your own..
Asura.Syto said: »
Shiva.Thorny said: »
If you wanted to accumulate data on the event in a format that's helpful to others, you should have been contributing to bg-wiki.

More likely you just wanted to associate yourself with the thread in advance so you can pretend you're cutting edge or whatever. They are correct that it didn't need to exist yet.

There are no set formulas or guidelines in these forums about when to make thread for these kinds of situations like new events and content so... I'm going to go ahead and let people get mad with their OCD about when people make threads.. etc..That's their issue and that's their opinion..

Usually data from this or other sources get transfered to bg-wiki.. This is here mainly as another source.. You don't have to post here.. Make your own thread if you feel your soul has been violated..

I'll continue to update as my LS gets new data once the update hits..

Suffice to say this played out exactly as some people thought it might.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-24 14:16:39
Link | Citer | R

Nothing if not predictable.
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 237 238 239