The Odyssey - || Strategy And Discussion ||

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 237 238 239
By SimonSes 2020-03-15 01:59:09
Link | Citer | R

Its very possible that you also need to clear all trash mobs around fetter not only beastmans to get clear for personal box at the end.
 Shiva.Siviard
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-03-15 02:04:11
Link | Citer | R

We spawned an NM in today's run.

Brachys: Crab NM (PLD/MNK)

Had a pretty decent (25-30%) Counter rate. Bubble Curtain's Shell effect reduced enspell (RDM with Crocea Mors) dmg to 0 unless it was dispelled. Used Invincible at 25%. Easily landed enfeebles (Slow, Para, Blind, Frazzle, Distract) Pretty easy fight overall.

It was spawned using 10 Izzat after we killed Fetter + Beastmen mobs surrounding it.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-15 02:31:42
Link | Citer | R

Also, is correct the information in BG that nothing killed still rewards you with 5k gil?

I managed to sent 3 mules straight to the end with just inv/sneak, warped out through last flux and didnt get any gil rewarded message

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By devasbismarck 2020-03-15 04:11:01
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone managed to get moogle master II or above or any other masteries?
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-03-15 04:40:45
Link | Citer | R

Got level 3 tonight. After I killed an nm.
 Asura.Vanixim
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Vanixim 2020-03-15 05:17:05
Link | Citer | R

What does Moogle Mastery do?

Also, any way to increase the 30 min.?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-03-15 07:29:16
Link | Citer | R

I have Moogle Mastery III, not sure what's doing it. Status report has:

Nostos killed: 306
Damysus: 2
Salmandra: 2
Cynara: 1
Chests: 3

Seems I ranked up when I killed an Agon Bruiser.
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2020-03-15 09:36:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vanixim said: »
What does Moogle Mastery do?

Also, any way to increase the 30 min.?

If you read the text prior to the moogles status report, you’ll see he says something about moogle mastery increasing the power of your trusts.
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2020-03-15 11:32:08
Link | Citer | R

The augment system is “tiered”. I’m working on my alts Emeici +1.

Ranks 1-5 give +2 damage. Ranks 6-10 give +2 damage, +3 acc/macc. I assume ranks 11-15 give +2 damage, +3 acc/macc, +2 crit rate.

That’s a neat way to do it, it incentivizes the more expensive ranks.
By Weeew 2020-03-15 12:30:20
Link | Citer | R

Just had a bad solo experience... turns our not all popped NM's are soloable. Do not recommend popping the nm's for 10 izzat.

Got a cactus who would constantly triple attack and did 600 normal / 1200 crit per attack round. August got insta-KO then healer then myself within 7 seconds.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
Serveur: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-03-15 12:36:47
Link | Citer | R

Weeew said: »
Just had a bad solo experience... turns our not all popped NM's are soloable. Do not recommend popping the nm's for 10 izzat.

Got a cactus who would constantly triple attack and did 600 normal / 1200 crit per attack round. August got insta-KO then healer then myself within 7 seconds.

What floor were you on when you popped that NM?

I ask because I'm wondering if spawning NMs using Izzat is random or not?
 Asura.Zekie
By Asura.Zekie 2020-03-15 12:44:54
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Siviard said: »

It is random. I popped 3 different kind of NMs on the first floor. First was Morbol, 2nd was crab, and 3rd was fly.
 Asura.Dibble
user: Dibble
By Asura.Dibble 2020-03-15 12:54:31
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
I made a quick map of Odyssey to make ease to hit the fluxes.

Etheral Junctions, Fetters and camps change apparently random.

EDIT: all maps have North heading the upper border.

Can I put it on the wiki?
By Pantafernando 2020-03-15 13:02:33
Link | Citer | R

Its there to be used as anyone like
By Weeew 2020-03-15 13:51:36
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Siviard said: »

Floor 1
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2020-03-15 13:54:44
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Asura.Syto said: »
I'll be updating the main page and most recent page with he latest updates..
Would be nice if OP kept his word so people would stop asking the same question every page regarding progressing floors.

Fenrir.Loynis said: »
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
I'll be updating the main page and most recent page with he latest updates..
Would be nice if OP kept his word so people would stop asking the same question every page regarding progressing floors.

Update BG Wiki instead. It looks fairly solid, but linking or embedding (if allowed) a video showing where the confluxs are to climb up would be the next thing to do on that page. I know one was posted from a JP player in this topic somewhere.

To quote from page 4...

Honestly, it makes better sense to do one of two options here; A) Throw everything we have accumulated at BG Wiki. B) Start a brand new topic with someone responsible enough to maintain for the next month this will be hot and sort information accordingly.

Due to COVID-19 and the *** that my facility has placed on all Medical Staff.. I have to do triple the amount of work that I normally do during this Pandemic..

Therefore, I am going to pass the torch to someone else to make a beautiful Thread/Node detailing everything unless you guys want to just pull vital details and paste it onto the BG-Wiki Page that will be dedicated to it.. I am sure BG-Wiki team is hard at work making that look really good..

I am absolutely swamped at work, didn't even get to try this content out since the release..

Thanks for everyone's posts and discussion. Feel free to continue posting here or someone else feel free to make a new thread with gorgeous imagery, detailed maps, etc that I planned to do but couldn't..

I have updated main OP with some testimonials and highlight posts that I quickly skimmed through and picked.. I may of missed some vital posts, but I have it all there so people don't have to skim through the pages to find those vital posts it's mostly all in the OP. I will update the OP and pin important posts and discoveries as people find more data and new info.

Sorry again to all, but I am really busy in the hospital right now, this ***happened at the same time Odyssey coming out is not cool..
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-15 14:03:59
Link | Citer | R

In case none said before, you can npc Lustreless Scale for 20g.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-15 14:04:41
Link | Citer | R

Ailuros, Coeurl NM (popped with Voso's Hide)

Uses Charged Whisker; did not see Blink of Peril, but fight was short
Uses Perfect Dodge at ~50% and gains a permanent Magic Accuracy Down aura
 Phoenix.Vespajava
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Vespajava
By Phoenix.Vespajava 2020-03-15 19:37:47
Link | Citer | R

In case it hasnt been asked, and a reboot on the thread/post happens, can future folks make a simple format for NM/pops:
Floor:
NM:
Mats: if any/quantity
~ relevant details?

Been plenty of good posts. Best wishes to the community. Keep beating ***.
Thanks~
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-15 19:44:16
Link | Citer | R

Due to COVID-19 and the *** that my facility has placed on all Medical Staff.. I have to do triple the amount of work that I normally do during this Pandemic..
While I'm not Canadian, thank you for your service in the medical community, and I hope you stay well.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-15 19:46:15
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Its very possible that you also need to clear all trash mobs around fetter not only beastmans to get clear for personal box at the end.

Any more details on whether this is true?
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-03-15 19:52:12
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
SimonSes said: »

Any more details on whether this is true?

It doesn't seem to be. Today I didn't clear 3/4 trash mob packs around the fetters, but always cleared every beastman. 4 boxes at the end.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-16 01:21:05
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Don't worry you can still sell Wave 3 clears and call it "content"

Didnt you emo-quit gaming forum because of the correlation chart ffxiah post x IQ?
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-03-16 08:46:35
Link | Citer | R

Do we have any numbers on Moogle Mastery? As in how exactly it increases trusts?

I also just saw this on BG-Wiki:

Various telepoint portals may be discovered along the way.
Once registered by examining one, you may warp between them at any point.
This is not lost or reset when an Odyssey is completed, and may be used to shorten future Odysseys.
You can not use the various telepoint portals if you currently have aggro.

Does this mean I could teleport from floor 1 - 7 in one shot if I've already been to the 7th floor?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-16 08:57:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Botosi said: »

Does this mean I could teleport from floor 1 - 7 in one shot if I've already been to the 7th floor?

I think you need to touch the Translocator on the corresponding floors before you can warp to the floor, which in my observation, have only been on floors 1/3/5/(7?). Visiting the floor alone may not be enough. I think you need to click the Translocator on the respective floor before you can use it to warp up or down to/from that floor.

i.e. last night I was able to warp to floor3 via translocator after clearing floor 1 (I previously clicked translocator on floor 3), but was not able to warp to 5/7 after completing 3 (I had not previously clicked/found translocator on 5/7 if there was one).
By SimonSes 2020-03-16 09:00:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Botosi said: »

Nope. those teleports are currently at floors 1,3 and 5. You also need to actually touch them, to be able to warp to them again, not only visit the floors they are on (beside the one on floor 1, I think it's active from the start, because I was able to teleport to floor 1 when I activated the one on floor 3 and I never clicked the one on floor 1. Not like this matter, the one on floor 1 is just few steps from where you start Odyssey)
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-16 09:50:19
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I think you need to click the Translocator on the respective floor before you can use it to warp up or down to/from that floor.
Correct. You need to interact with them at least once to register them. Then you're set for forever.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-03-16 09:53:07
Link | Citer | R

Great, thanks for the answers.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 237 238 239