Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 237 238 239
By Chimerawizard 2020-07-30 21:51:18
Link | Citer | R

soralin said: »
Chimerawizard said: »
living keys:
Rafflesia Vine: Yorcia Weald, north of the frontier station are a few camps. I can easily get a stack in just a few minutes.

You can also just buy living keys for cheap from NPCs if your nation is in third place. Very low effort haha. I think they are like 50K/stack? Cheap as hell.

For bats I also like Fei'yin
5.5k each from the npc, or 1.7k~ +crystal & vine cost for 3/6/9/12 keys.
I'd currently have to log into a mule to grab them from the npc. my lazy option is actually farming.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-30 22:29:51
Link | Citer | R

Your home nation does not matter. You can buy from whoever the nation that is in last place is. The vendor does not discriminate.
 Siren.Codegen
Serveur: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-07-30 22:46:47
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Your home nation does not matter. You can buy from whoever the nation that is in last place is. The vendor does not discriminate.
The annoying part is if 2 nations tie for 2nd place then there is no nation that sells living keys anymore until the net tally.
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2020-07-30 22:52:51
Link | Citer | R

soralin said: »

definitely made me laugh but technically previous failures don't affect the chance of a mimic. This would be more of a match for
AMAN trove, where i keep opening if I hear only a noise, but there the chance of getting a mimic really is going up because I think they actually populate 1 chest with a mimic rather than being a reroll each time, so first chest is 1/9, net one is 1/8 etc :P
By Shichishito 2020-07-31 00:19:59
Link | Citer | R

Sheep Tooth: aby-la theine has all the sheep teeth. Also, if it's close to 08:00, try and snipe the stack from the bonecraft guild.
don't even bother to show up without a bot, they are sold out 100% of the time every time at 8:00 o'clock.
By Chimerawizard 2020-07-31 00:37:17
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
Sheep Tooth: aby-la theine has all the sheep teeth. Also, if it's close to 08:00, try and snipe the stack from the bonecraft guild.
don't even bother to show up without a bot, they are sold out 100% of the time every time at 8:00 o'clock.
That depends on your server. I frequently manage to buy it before my competition.
I don't always finish buying before the others but it's often enough for the attempt.
edit: close to 8 already, with 4 others in the guild. usually there's only one or two.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-31 04:08:17
Link | Citer | R

Just did Zacatzontli (strix alternate) and Gravehaunter.

Zacatzontli seems to gain huge attack boost when adds pop (dmg went from 100 per melee hit on RUN to 300+).

Gravehaunter information on BG is correct, just watch out his annoying dense macabre at low HP.
By soralin 2020-07-31 04:27:23
Link | Citer | R

Going to try a different approach to the Auto RR style.

Smn/Blm + Thf/Dnc.

Smn has Annoint. Kalasiris for Sphere RR, and uses Cait Sith for Raise and Reraise (targetted), as well as Garuda for cures and Move Speed boost.

Have to bring sneak/invis oils/powders but, from our experience, you only use like maybe half a stack of each per run, maybe less. Can also bring sneak invis enchant items to further lower the investment if you wish.

Thf/Dnc brings RR and does the usual thf stuff.

After experiencing the fact that mimics just totally ignore the non-thief, simply just following the thief around giving them Sphere Auto RR seems like it will be trivial.

Doing some experimenting with RR, I was able to key chests briefly before dying again on thief so it is possible to zombie chests anyways.

Tractor, as usual, easily handles mimics and lets you ignore them.

I believe Smn will work better than Paladin, but it might be wise for the Thf to go /whm instead for Raise as a precaution, just in case somehow the Smn super gets *** up and double dies and loses RR.
By Taint 2020-07-31 06:15:30
Link | Citer | R

I don’t ever use sneak or invisible in B.

MGS that zone hugging the walls.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-07-31 09:29:47
Link | Citer | R

I just had the best interaction in Odyssey ever rofl..

I do chest keying on my THF alt solo, but it has 0 JP and not good enough gear to survive mimic, so my only chance is to activate perfect dodge, before I get stunned. Often I am too slow and I was too slow this time too but..
Mimic actually saved my life :D
With Draw In he transported me behind pillar that was next to him, exactly in middle of Cockatrices, but exactly in spot with no aggro. Additionally since Mimic couldn't reach me too, he kept spamming Draw In, but it basically just kept putting me in the same place, finally stun wears off and I was able to Perfect Dodge and die safely :D

[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-31 11:35:13
Link | Citer | R

I think at this point we are past the point when the hides were selling fast and high.

At least on my current server, hides dropped too much and supply is strong now that almost nothing sells.

I resisted to sell lower than 3M, then 2.5M now its below 2M.

I guess Its time to sell any i have stocked to garanted some cash at least then later save them to use it for myself.

Personally im kinda disapointed how this didnt skyrocket in price at first given how many good pieces it could made. But reality is logical.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-31 11:38:15
Link | Citer | R

Dropping 50 mil on int+10 rank15 is easier to take when sparks exist.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-31 12:19:03
Link | Citer | R

It still costs 50m no matter how you obtain said items.

using instead of selling still expends the 50m. I don't understand why people have such a hard time understanding that concept.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-31 12:28:59
Link | Citer | R

If you go farm 10 stacks, and you chose not to sell them. You lost 50m.

So. It cost 50m.
[+]
By soralin 2020-07-31 12:29:04
Link | Citer | R

endxen said: »
Doesn't cost you 50M if you put in the effort to farm them lol. Just costs you 30 mins of your time a day for a week and half. It is really that easy to understand.

Opportunity cost is the term.

Trading in 50mil worth of mats "costs" you 50 mil, cause you couldve sold those items instead and spent that 50 mil elsewhere.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-31 12:34:12
Link | Citer | R

Btw 50 isnt right.

You need 12 stacks, with each costing around 2.5 overall, thats 30M.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-31 12:34:15
Link | Citer | R

Items still have a monetary value even if you have no intention of turning them into money.

50M of hides is still 50m of items you're dealing with regardless of whether you farmed or bought them. You lost 50m in assets.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-31 12:35:12
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Btw 50 isnt right.

You need 12 stacks, with each costing around 2.5 overall, thats 30M.

previous price, which you lamented had dropped etc

Pantafernando said: »
I think at this point we are past the point when the hides were selling fast and high.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-07-31 12:51:19
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I upgraded Lamassu mitts +1 last night for inventory space because my hides haven't moved in 2 weeks and I have thousands.

Goin to farm blistering sallet next probably.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-31 13:18:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura is still selling just fine. Price goes up and down a few hundred k but easily sells overnight. The weapons/armor are neat, but marginal upgrades. Once people started getting the few items they wanted, they stopped caring about the "new gear hype" as much. And vermilion fishfly wings fizzled out from 1.5m/stack to~700k. That's what happens when people burn through Gil to be the first to upgrade something.

Price should drop to about 1.5m - 2m within next few wks is my guess. In surprised scales aren't higher than they are. Climbing back up to 2.1. Hmm
By soralin 2020-07-31 13:26:18
Link | Citer | R

In surprised scales aren't higher than they are. Climbing back up to 2.1. Hmm

I think the two will eventually level out, it doesnt seem to have a major difference between farming A or B for chests, so I expect they'll both sit around the 2~2.5 mil marks, depending on day of week.
By alamihgo 2020-07-31 16:33:50
Link | Citer | R

Allergorhai- Worm (Perfect Dodge, THF). Spawns two worms to it's left and right. idk if it Draws in, didn't try running out of range. Spawned this on Floor 3, took 4 mats.
No draw-in, but if you leave melee range of the NM or the adds they will spam spells on you as though they had Chainspell.
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2020-07-31 16:45:15
Link | Citer | R

There's a lot of factors rather than just a straight opportunity cost, in fact there are at least 3 competing opportunity costs.

The same item doesn't cost 50m, what costs 50m is the opportunity to be one of the first to have that item, if that floats your boat.

Then there is the opportunity cost of using the scales for yourself rather than selling them for inflated prices to the people interested in upgrading quickly, based on the safe assumption prices eventually drop relative to effort. So maybe your first few stacks you can sell at high cost if you care more about making gil.

Then there's the opportunity cost of taking up space in your inventory and in your limited 7 AH spots that could be used for other things. You can undercut to sell faster but you are also potentially causing that market to crash faster.

Eventually those upgrades will be a lot cheaper, as more people finish their upgrades and you don't want to upgrade everything because it makes items not sendable so inv.space-1.

As people reach the ma MM15 in A and want to level up in B, they stop doing A completely and the supply of scales drops which temporarily helps the price.
By SimonSes 2020-07-31 16:45:52
Link | Citer | R

Doesn't cost you 50M if you put in the effort to farm them lol. Just costs you 30 mins of your time a day for a week and half. It is really that easy to understand.
If those mats have no value to you because you intended to upgrade an item to R15 and did not intend to sell means it didn't cost you anything. So saying you lost 50 mil isn't accurate.

Its like saying that instead of buying gold worth 500$ to make a ring for your gf, you go to work when you will get paid with gold and finally you will be able to make that ring out of that gold, instead of buying it. Then you try to say that this gold you acquired has no value to you, because you only see it as material for ring, so it's not worth 500$ on market.

Guess what, it is worth 500$ and you simply lying yourself to make decision of spending 500$ easier.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-31 20:08:34
Link | Citer | R

That's the dumbest ***I've read today. Anyways if it don't cost you 50M, you didn't spend 50M right? This is nothing about worth.

You're playing semantics now. You pay with your time (and effort) whether you choose to admit it or not.

Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-07-31 20:10:04
Link | Citer | R

somebody doesn't understand basic economics.
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 237 238 239