The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 238 239 240
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-15 08:22:02
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I know this should be obvious, but don't pop the Vampyr NM, haha. He can charm and is pretty magically accurate. Landed it on me for a minute even with Idris Vex/Attunement and Malignance gear.

After 2 Charm + "Resummon trusts while my GEO mule kites" rounds, I managed to kill him basically by annoying him to death while August keeps hate (adds killed August at 50% the first round.)

He does Blood Weapon, which I added to bgwiki already.

I have one Glazemane Fang that I'll use later if we don't know what that NM's SP is yet.

But yeah, don't pop the Vampyr NM. I only ended up with that NM, 1 halo, and 20 monsters.

This in interesting because I was able to resist nocturnal servitude three times straight using kendatsuba +1 set on ninja. The paladin I was with got charmed, so maybe he can only have 1 pet out at once? Though he was able to resist it with fealty once also.

Glazemane NM is Chnubis, uses invincible
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-07-15 08:22:53
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
Someone (Panta maybe) posted the best strat a few pages ago.

Start on THF pop 50 chest with Keys (Skeleton > Living > tools)

After 50 use Izzat to pop Chest to spam Coffers. (90% spawn rate)

Rinse and repeat for Aurum.

Why switch to using Izzat after 50 chests? Can you not use keys on Coffers?
By Taint 2020-07-15 08:28:23
Link | Citer | R

Someone (Panta maybe) posted the best strat a few pages ago.

Start on THF pop 50 chest with Keys (Skeleton > Living > tools)

After 50 use Izzat to pop Chest to spam Coffers. (90% spawn rate)

Rinse and repeat for Aurum.

Why switch to using Izzat after 50 chests? Can you not use keys on Coffers?

Keys to Coffer is really rare 5-10%

Izzat Chest to Coffer is around 90% once you have 50 chest open.

The idea is to maximize your Coffer pops to then be able to farm Aurum.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-07-15 08:30:32
Link | Citer | R

Keys to Coffer is really rare 5-10%

Izzat Chest to Coffer is around 90% once you have 50 chest open.

The idea is to maximize your Coffer pops to then be able to farm Aurum.

Oh bother, so this implies that I'll need to kill things on THF to farm Izzat?

This makes me want to revive a THF mule just to pop chests, because I don't want to give up MNK or GEO.

Also, bgwiki only doesn't know the SPs for Chelamma (Mephistas' Claw), Nerites (Ayapec Shell), and Fornax (Volatile Cluster's Ash) at this point.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-15 08:32:17
Link | Citer | R

I supose aurum coffers is just to farm MM?

Personally i like this road as it gives me a long time goal grind but i domt think this is particularly efficient in terms of obtaining hides.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-15 08:34:40
Link | Citer | R

And about izzat farming, i guess the most efficient way to obtain it is killing halos + beastman so THF isnt particularly necessry for this. Its just necessary if you dont want to farm izzat at all
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-15 08:49:35
Link | Citer | R

I just updated the BG wiki Odyssey page with entries for NM buffs and copy buffs, and filled in the ones I either personally confirmed or there was video evidence of.

Feel free to fill in missing info if you are sure of a buff.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-07-15 09:07:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
I just updated the BG wiki Odyssey page with entries for NM buffs and copy buffs, and filled in the ones I either personally confirmed or there was video evidence of.

Feel free to fill in missing info if you are sure of a buff.
I just want to say, thank you so much for that.

I would also like to encourage anyone who sees something missing (anywhere) to be a dear, and add it if you know it. (And a cookie for whoever also provides citations!)
By SimonSes 2020-07-15 11:17:41
Link | Citer | R

I know this should be obvious, but don't pop the Vampyr NM, haha. He can charm and is pretty magically accurate. Landed it on me for a minute even with Idris Vex/Attunement and Malignance gear.

After 2 Charm + "Resummon trusts while my GEO mule kites" rounds, I managed to kill him basically by annoying him to death while August keeps hate (adds killed August at 50% the first round.)

He does Blood Weapon, which I added to bgwiki already.

I have one Glazemane Fang that I'll use later if we don't know what that NM's SP is yet.

But yeah, don't pop the Vampyr NM. I only ended up with that NM, 1 halo, and 20 monsters.

Got him randomly from Izzat
He missed Decollation, then missed Nocturnal Servitude.

Then he did Hellvoid and took one of my buffs. I wanted to do it slowlly, but then just went all in and it popped Blood Weapon and adds, got hit with 4 more Rudra and died. Then I killed adds (2 Rudra each). Havent notice any lvl up on adds. I think he couldnt TP move during Blood Weapon too? Because I cant see any other TP move by him during my 4 Rudras.

EDIT: I had 4 or 5 songs including one mammbo on me (possibly SV cant remember) and Sam/chaos roll, but I was only using THF in the fight.

EDIT2: I had no carols or meva rolls. Was I simply lucky on that miss on charm, or Byrth was unlucky to get charmed I wonder. Afaik we had similar meva from gear.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-15 13:28:35
Link | Citer | R

I just confirmed that the buff on the NMs scales with how many adds are up; with 50% PDT, Simir was doing ~200 per hit with no adds, ~800 with 2 adds, and ~550 with 1 add.
 Siren.Codegen
Serveur: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-07-16 01:45:01
Link | Citer | R

I soloed Gandji (Arke's Wing bird) on monk this time popping it on the 1st floor instead of the 5th floor and it was so much easier.

I also fought Chelamma (scorpion from Mephitas's Claw) and can verify he's a monk (counters so likely hundredfists) and he does a 2000 damage very wide aoe (wild rage) the moment you or a trust does a ws, which instantly killed all my 5 trusts.
It seemed easy aside from that so that's a good time to put your spharai on, never ws and make sure your trusts don't ws or have any attacks that are considered ws (I think arciela is one of those?)
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-16 13:50:14
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Codegen said: »
I soloed Gandji (Arke's Wing bird) on monk this time popping it on the 1st floor instead of the 5th floor and it was so much easier.

I also fought Chelamma (scorpion from Mephitas's Claw) and can verify he's a monk (counters so likely hundredfists) and he does a 2000 damage very wide aoe (wild rage) the moment you or a trust does a ws, which instantly killed all my 5 trusts.
It seemed easy aside from that so that's a good time to put your spharai on, never ws and make sure your trusts don't ws or have any attacks that are considered ws (I think arciela is one of those?)
Wild Rage is just a normal TP move; not WSing doesn't keep him from doing it.

Also, I just did Chelamma, and he didn't counter a single time, nor did he consistently attack twice like monk mobs usually do, and his SP is Blood Weapon, not Hundred Fists.

Do you have a screenshot of him countering?

On another note, it's possible I was mistaken on the copies having their own unique buffs. If anyone does Taniwha any time soon, and you or your party is set up for it, would you mind killing the NM first and seeing if the adds get a defense buff from it (checking your damage on the adds first, of course)?
 Siren.Codegen
Serveur: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-07-16 15:09:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
Also, I just did Chelamma, and he didn't counter a single time, nor did he consistently attack twice like monk mobs usually do, and his SP is Blood Weapon, not Hundred Fists.
Do you have a screenshot of him countering?
here's a screenshot of the counter and wild rage

I was getting confused with hell scissors but the timing is still very suspect and the strength is pretty wild for just floor 3, compared to how easy all the other NMs have been so far.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-16 15:13:46
Link | Citer | R

Super high damage AoEs aren't unusual here, and Wild Rage is infamous for being very dangerous. Even some fodder on floor 2 (Opo-opos, Rabbits, Apkallus) can do nearly that much with AoE moves.

None of the NMs seem to have any gimmicks other than the ones they all have (SP/adds/adds buffing them), so it's very unlikely that Chelamma has any special AI scripting. When I fought him today, he was using all his TP moves normally, and at different times than when I was WSing him.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-07-16 15:14:48
Link | Citer | R

The Wild Rage being high AoE damage applies to all Scorpions in Ody. Applied to Scorpions in path A as well.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-16 15:27:02
Link | Citer | R

The NM appear to also have support job traits to some degree. Or perhaps their job is completely independent of their SP move and is just unique. The Fomor NM has double attack and the kraken has triple attack, despite their SPs being that of main jobs, invincible and hundred fists
By Pantafernando 2020-07-16 16:59:55
Link | Citer | R

Another camp that seemed to resist crueleaving, Flans.

Puks were ok.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-07-16 19:47:51
Link | Citer | R

I ran the Skeleton Keys strat and got a bit over 200 hides per run, but I had to farm Bat Fangs and Sheep Teeth to synth the keys.

Probably not worth it to me in general if there is no easier way to get the keys, but one more run that way will get me to 50 chests opened.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-16 20:01:48
Link | Citer | R

Well if there is shortage of mats in AH, most likely there should be a couple stacks of keys there too.

I didnt calculated how much more expensive is the stack of keys comparing to making them. The recipe, while not expensive, its not free too.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-16 20:22:53
Link | Citer | R

If you have an extra character doing runs with you, a whm/blm who can tractor and raise you is sufficient. In that case, Living Keys are sufficient for you to continue your run.

Pantafernando said: »
Another camp that seemed to resist crueleaving, Flans.

Did it resist the spell or simply do nothing after the doom ticked down. I think the enemies that have high magical stats are the ones most likely to resist or be immune. Haven't tested Evil Weapons, but if you get to it before me, let us know if those also are immune to death.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-16 20:29:58
Link | Citer | R

I think it was some kind of immunity, it did appear a message clearly stating the doom didnt work right at the moment i casted it, and happened with entire camp.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-16 20:40:02
Link | Citer | R

Resist
Completely resist
No effect
Miss

Which one? When I did the magical pots and the beastmen from Sheol A, I got the message that Doom landed, but nothing died when time was up. Just wondering if you knew whether it was immune or simply you didn't have enough magic accuracy to make it work.

Fwiw, cruel joke is darkness element and Flans have a resistance to darkness, so that could simply be something they are highly evasive to. Just like sleeping beastmen in Sheol B is possible, but extremely difficult even with a near-perfect macc set.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-16 20:52:58
Link | Citer | R

I believe the no effect message.

Next time gonna write it down to bring more accurate information.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-16 20:56:29
Link | Citer | R

I'm just going to assume if they are able to cast magic or from the magic family (arcana, skeletons, ghouls, magic pots, Flans etc) that Doom will not work on them. Probably tauri all immune to it as well, given the family
By Pantafernando 2020-07-17 03:01:54
Link | Citer | R

Tauri had same message, yes
 Phoenix.Logical
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-07-17 08:17:48
Link | Citer | R

Two more NM Fights.

Tabitjet - One of the more risky NM's to solo due to Wild Rage. Wild Rage is the main risk here for your trust. Will almost always one shot them, even if one of the adds uses it. Need to force him to use SP as quickly as possible so that hopefully Wild Rage isn't used until your most of the way through the adds. Soloing without trust from there should be doable. Video shows that a Defense Boost is what this NM received after using SP and with Add's out.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Fleet-Footed Lokberry - This one was actually really easy. Astral Flow is super weak. So just throat stab and everyone's grudge to deal with and it's an easy win. Suggest letting Ark EV tank on this one so that you can just focus on damage.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-17 12:38:48
Link | Citer | R

I am now considerably less sure of the adds getting buffs when you kill the main NM first, so I added verification tags to that part of the wiki page.

There only seem to be 4 buffs available (Attack up, defense up, regen, and magic absorption), so a group that pops an NM should be able to test it without too much trouble if they're not in danger of wiping.
 Valefor.Maurauc
Serveur: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2020-07-17 15:47:11
Link | Citer | R

I didn't see it mentioned here, but -

It seems like the beastmen in Sheol B are incredibly, incredibly resistant to Sleep. Stymie Sleep will land, but other than that, they'll resist max acc, Frazzle III, ES Sleep. Bit of a downer when you could sleep fine in Sheol A.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-17 15:58:54
Link | Citer | R

Indeed.

Even on floor 1
By Pantafernando 2020-07-17 17:05:18
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Maurauc said: »
I didn't see it mentioned here, but -

It seems like the beastmen in Sheol B are incredibly, incredibly resistant to Sleep. Stymie Sleep will land, but other than that, they'll resist max acc, Frazzle III, ES Sleep. Bit of a downer when you could sleep fine in Sheol A.

BTW i think they just have very high magic evasion because i thought i would be blasting ***with leaden salute, but its doing shitty dmg. Im almost giving up on using COR and resorting to some melee DD because im taking too long on those beastman, and i suck at crowd control overall.
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 238 239 240