The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 226 227 228 ... 237 238 239
 Asura.Dexprozius
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-03-01 03:23:37
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Mischief said: »
For BLU and RDM, Prime Sword/Caliburnus are unironically good for this, as well as Malignance gear.

Care to explain this? Is this simply for Macc skill or are you concerned with getting sleepga'd? Barring fear of sleepga, I see no reason why you wouldn't Tizona/Sakpata's for max macc + the benefits of reduced TP drains recast due to having more FC in the midcast and DT. It's losing 4 Macc Skill, gaining 55 Macc.

OR, is it to reduce as much MAB as possible to avoid pushing Bumbas resistance tier?
By SimonSes 2023-03-01 04:13:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
I see no reason why you wouldn't Tizona/Sakpata's for max macc + the benefits of reduced TP drains recast due to having more FC in the midcast and DT. It's losing 4 Macc Skill, gaining 55 Macc.

OR, is it to reduce as much MAB as possible to avoid pushing Bumbas resistance tier?

Highest macc skill without any MAB/MDMG.

Thought I don't really understand it too. If its lower than 10k its fine right? I doubt you would break 10k just with MDMG on Tizona?

Unless it's cumulative 10k, not per one hit? But then why bother with Helix just below 10k, instead of exactly/just above 10k.
[+]
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2023-03-01 08:45:41
Link | Citer | R

So we've still not beat it. Luck is just not on our side.

Another option for people is to do a 5 step which will increase your MB/Kaustra damage by 10% more.

Your normal Gravitation 4 step followed by BLU Chain Affinity Barbed Crescent or Quadratic Continuum. This gives more time for the SCH JA's also.

BUT the BLU spells can miss, and need high acc put into the spell set, and subtle blow.

Darksday 5 step:

Firesday 5 step:

Seems correct to me re: 10% increase from previous (circa 86k) kaustra from a 4 step.

To add to the RNG. Kaustra gets resisted quite regularly. Pretty much guaranteed to get a resist at some point.

Also - Impact likes to wear just before the 2nd Kaustra. I'd recommend casting impact straight away to guarantee a re-apply before 2nd Kaustra.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-03-01 10:13:37
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Unless it's cumulative 10k, not per one hit? But then why bother with Helix just below 10k, instead of exactly/just above 10k.
The first group that beat it was under the impression it was not cumulative, as not much was known yet, and that's why they aimed for just below 10k.

Subsequent testing has suggested that it probably is cumulative.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2023-03-01 14:59:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jokes said: »
Another option for people is to do a 5 step which will increase your MB/Kaustra damage by 10% more.
Bumba has a decently low resistance rank, so increasing the number of steps in your SC should boost MB damage by less than 10% per step.

V15 Bumba has a resistance rank of 70% (85% during SC), so a 4-step SC MB would have a multiplier of x2.05, while a 5-step SC MB would have a multiplier of x2.15, a 4.9% increase.

It's possible that V25 Bumba's resistance rank is higher, but it can't be much higher with Kaustra and Helix values this large, and I don't think any of the other NMs got a rank boost with higher V levels.
By SimonSes 2023-03-01 15:15:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pergatory said: »
The first group that beat it was under the impression it was not cumulative, as not much was known yet, and that's why they aimed for just below 10k.

Subsequent testing has suggested that it probably is cumulative.

First group that beat it did 12k+ and 10k+ helixes thought.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-03-09 07:18:08
Link | Citer | R

Finally we got Bumba down, 3 weeks it took us 4-5 days per week. I have never felt like luck played so much of it.

Our winning run we finally got 2 favorable Aura's(defense down then attack down) and WC reset.

KI#2 was from 63%(our best was 49%), he died on kaustra #3, Kaustra were 99k 91k 78k. Died with 4:31 on clock and still another Kaustra on deck load up in 40 seconds.

Our strat was similar to others
KI#1
BRD
WHM
WAR
BST
MNK
DRG

KI#2
BLU
GEO
RUN
SCH
COR
RDM

We did the 4-step SCH sc closing with Chain Affinity + Quad. Cont for 5-step Darkness. This bumps Kaustra dmg and gives a little breathing room for SCH ja.

BLU casting Reaving/Feather. Keeping up Saline Coat/Magic Barrier, with proper spellset/gear. P. Embrace on SCH. Some difussion memento mori as JA's allow. Didnt take any damage the entire fight, everything 0's.

We could get it to about 3-5% without WC reset, and with WC reset and MAB/MACC down auras we got it to 1% 3 times, and sub 10% probably 10 times.

[+]
By Taint 2023-03-09 08:58:25
Link | Citer | R

Congratulations!!
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-03-09 12:50:41
Link | Citer | R

How do people get it below 75%. Our KI 1 ends every time with instant Denounce right when add pops. Granted, we have not gotten a good 1hr yet.
By SimonSes 2023-03-09 12:53:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
We could get it to about 3-5% without WC reset, and with WC reset and MAB/MACC down auras we got it to 1% 3 times, and sub 10% probably 10 times.

Haven't you tried what JP did then? Like tp on add and WS Bumba with Leaden+Skillchain+MB from SCH, RDM and RUN? JP did like 250k damage like that to finish it off.
By SimonSes 2023-03-09 12:58:01
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
How do people get it below 75%. Our KI 1 ends every time with instant Denounce right when add pops. Granted, we have not gotten a good 1hr yet.

Get good SP and get lucky at not getting Denounce for a while or use SMN and Perfect Defense.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-03-09 13:17:00
Link | Citer | R

Even with Yaegasumi/PD/Invincible my group was able to get it to at least 72% very reliably without SMN or any TP drains.

Get good SP and get lucky at not getting Denounce for a while or use SMN and Perfect Defense.

Has not really been my groups experience but not sure what set up you are going with.
Have you been using Perfect Defense?
[+]
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2023-03-09 13:36:06
Link | Citer | R

Haven't you tried what JP did then? Like tp on add and WS Bumba with Leaden+Skillchain+MB from SCH, RDM and RUN? JP did like 250k damage like that to finish it off.

The first leaden and SC is big. The nukes can be 20k. Then it drops off the earth. Down to 3k damage MB nukes due to the wall that’s built up. You can stand there with it at 1% and 5 minutes in the timer making skillchains and MBing whilst watching its HP tic up (after kaustra wears). The fight sucks.

We had quite a few runs getting bumba to 1-2% without the Wild Card reset, and couldn’t come close to matching the Regen after Kaustra #2 wears. Very frustrating.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-03-09 15:50:31
Link | Citer | R

We used bst unleash tp drain kiss and it really keeps him calmed down

We usually would get it to 60% +/- 5%. Our best 49% and if we didn’t get it to 74% (maybe 2 of our tries) we wouldn’t go in to KI2
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-03-09 15:53:03
Link | Citer | R

Yes we always would add DPS after our last available Kaustra if we didn’t think it would kill it. That’s how we were getting it to 1% with ***auras and <5% with no wc reset. Highly recommend switching to monk roll for that phase.

Someone else already posted about the importance of silence with impact or kaustra landing on tank for greater than 0. It’s instant tp move then fetters, then death. BLU needs to make sure magic barrier is up and fairly fresh to take either of those spells
By SimonSes 2023-03-10 02:36:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »
Has not really been my groups experience but not sure what set up you are going with.
Have you been using Perfect Defense?

Personally Im still at A3s, but that was part of Mischief strategy described on previous page.

Possibly the best would be to use both BST and SMN. Go in with Slug and make both Ooze and start DD. Call Leech at 78% and start Unlesh TP drainkiss, when it's about to end, SMN does Perfect Defence.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-03-13 12:15:09
Link | Citer | R

So, are people really landing 85k Kaustra's with just a 4 step SC?

I've been struggling to land 70k honestly, I did land a 96k Kaustra once last night, but that was a 5 step with a 6 step close from the blu.
By SimonSes 2023-03-13 12:29:01
Link | Citer | R

So, are people really landing 85k Kaustra's with just a 4 step SC?

I've been struggling to land 70k honestly, I did land a 96k Kaustra once last night, but that was a 5 step with a 6 step close from the blu.

Most likely missing some buff/debuff? Tearing Gust?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-03-13 13:17:52
Link | Citer | R

Rdm was casting impact and blu was doing tearing gust. Gambit and rayke. Darkday
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-03-13 13:38:37
Link | Citer | R

What about Searing Tempest, Plenilune Embrace, and Memento Mori?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-03-13 13:54:12
Link | Citer | R

I believe the blu was doing Searing Tempest, was definitely doing Plenilune Embrace, I don't think he was doing memento mori on me.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-03-13 14:58:03
Link | Citer | R

Searing Tempest + Tearing Gust + P Embrace on All kaustra, Diffusion Memento Mori on Kausta #2/4 (dont want to use on #1/#3 bc RD may not get UL back for Tearing Gust and Gust is way better than MM)

Repast food/int potion/dark shot before kaustra, literally EVERYTHING. Entrust-Languor/Malaise/Focus. On Mab down aura we left him unsilenced once hoping he would absorb the blu, so we could leverage dark shot boost on the Kasuta. He never did and the last Kaustra ran out of steam at 3%. Once your last Kaustra is off we found it pretty much impossible to overpower regen and keep him going down.

EDIT: note on Memento mori, if you have MAB down aura, dont bother it will be no effect.

Our first was always 90k+ Gravitation 4 step followed by BLU Chain Affinity Quadratic Continuum.

Definetely not needed, on our win the 3rd Kaustra killed him we were just about to start reloading for the 4th.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-03-13 15:19:47
Link | Citer | R

Repast food/int potion/dark shot before kaustra, literally EVERYTHING. Entrust-Languor/Malaise/Focus.

Is that 3 entrusts (to go in) or is that Entrust-Languor, Geo-Malaise, Indi-Focus for the bubbles?

Edit: We had pretty bad aura luck last night... We had matk down aura on the one run where we got a 6 on wildcard and we ended up at 19% at the end. Was only able to get 63k and ~45k on the Kaustras on that run.

Edit2: Why is a helix of a non-dark element recommended? Is it because you want it as close to 10k as you can?
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-03-13 15:22:58
Link | Citer | R

Repast food/int potion/dark shot before kaustra, literally EVERYTHING. Entrust-Languor/Malaise/Focus.

Is that 3 entrusts (to go in) or is that Entrust-Languor, Geo-Malaise, Indi-Focus for the bubbles?

pre-entrusts, malaise on blu, languor on cor, focus on sch, we also did barrier on run, and mnd on rdm.

during the fight -geo bubs, geo-int, indi-acumen bolstered. if the last kaustra is going to be short, BoG/EA malaise+acumen for DPS phase.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-03-13 15:40:28
Link | Citer | R

We used ice helix, I think the thought is to avoid noctohelix so it doesn’t build his dark resistance for future kaustra
By SimonSes 2023-03-13 18:06:30
Link | Citer | R

We used ice helix, I think the thought is to avoid noctohelix so it doesn’t build his dark resistance for future kaustra

Afaik it's magic damage, doesn't matter what element. Otherwise you would be doing sc + MB with other elements alongside Kaustra.
By SimonSes 2023-03-13 18:11:06
Link | Citer | R

Searing Tempest + Tearing Gust + P Embrace on All kaustra, Diffusion Memento Mori on Kausta #2/4 (dont want to use on #1/#3 bc RD may not get UL back for Tearing Gust and Gust is way better than MM)

Memento Mori and P Embrace are both mab buffs and they probably don't stack.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-03-13 18:29:39
Link | Citer | R

Memento Mori and P Embrace are both mab buffs and they probably don't stack.
Memento always going to get you 20, but P embrace better than 0. So preference of course is Memento as JA/Diffusion allows.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-03-17 12:13:49
Link | Citer | R

Man this dude is just trolling us at this point.

We get screwed every run.
We had a run last night where we got atk down on KI 1 (still managed to get it to 55%, so close to 54).

He opened KI2 with macc down, still managed decent Kaustras.... put up matk down at 40%... of course the cor gets a reset on that run.... 20%, last Kaustra hit for 11k.
 Asura.Bigtymer
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2023-03-17 13:53:40
Link | Citer | R

Just gotta keep pulling - eventually, all of the dice rolls will line up on the same run. It's certainly discouraging when you execute well and most other things go your way, but the Wild Card fails, or you get a bad aura. Once you get to the point where your execution is consistent (which, relative to the T3's, has a lower floor), the fight is just a numbers game and more of a mental check than anything else (i.e., not getting too discouraged after a WC failure, just go again).
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 226 227 228 ... 237 238 239