First Page 2 3 ... 221 222 223 ... 237 238 239
 Asura.Chendar
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2023-02-02 08:12:09
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
or someone missing a tp drain by a couple of seconds etc.
This is so on point. Who knew hitting a button every 30sec could be so hard, huh? lol

On another note, does anyone have the BST help with dmg at all? Seems like a setup where BST dmg would actually be kinda decent and all you're really doing otherwise is hitting a macro every 30sec. Outside of when you have to refresh KI or if you're unleashing ofc.

On the other hand, another thing potentially getting in the way of actually pressing that button every 30 sec I guess... and if dmg output isn't really an issue anyway....
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-02-02 08:48:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chendar said: »
or someone missing a tp drain by a couple of seconds etc.
This is so on point. Who knew hitting a button every 30sec could be so hard, huh? lol

On another note, does anyone have the BST help with dmg at all? Seems like a setup where BST dmg would actually be kinda decent and all you're really doing otherwise is hitting a macro every 30sec. Outside of when you have to refresh KI or if you're unleashing ofc.

On the other hand, another thing potentially getting in the way of actually pressing that button every 30 sec I guess... and if dmg output isn't really an issue anyway....

The problem is leech. It's squishy, because it's not ilvl119 pet. You dont want it to be hit by add AoE and you dont want it to be hit by Mboze aoe auto-attacks. You would need to I guess engage leech from other side of Mboze and tp on other side, but Im not sure if it would be safe there too and you would need to run to pet every time you want to do Ready and you are at rick of being paralyzed in the wrong moment too. I play BST at Mboze and I usually just stay out of range and run in for a sec to TP drainkiss and run away. That being said, COR could at least Tactician roll BST and then you could throw in one WS every minute. It's still something :)
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-02 09:01:09
Link | Citer | R

If it isn't being automated, even the simplest task, even one simple task is often too much for your average player.

Quite sad really. But that's where we're at. Expecting someone to focus on one (and only one) objective for 15 whole minutes is the hardest thing they'll ever do. That's like 30 whole tiktoks brah.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-02-02 09:19:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
Keep in mind for SAM as well: Yaegasumi is ~40 seconds of significantly boosted WS dmg and practical invulnerability on Mboze since most of its moves are considered special attacks.

You're not wrong, but survivability outside Mboze using a 1-shot mechanic isn't much of an issue, so I don't really consider this a boon.

I know Yaegasumi is great, but I'm sorry, I just don't see 40 seconds of Yaeg making up for 5 minutes of party-wide warcry.

It's less about dmg taken and more about tp feed. It's either missing you or hitting for 0 dmg which means it's getting 0 tp for hitting you for the entire duration, regardless of cureskin efficiency.

I'm not about to claim with 100% certainty but I'd also be very surprised if 40s of 60% wsd added at the end of the WS dmg formula didn't come close to or beat even an entire fight worth of Warcry. It's nice to write on paper that you're "buffing 6 people at once" but you have to consider skill cap of an individual player and each player in a group, especially since most people aren't exactly running with all stars.

A) how many people in your group are properly taking advantage of Savagery?

B) is their weaponskill frequency high enough to get all 500tp from it to begin with throughout the entire fight?

C) how much damage are the "lesser" jobs actually getting out of the extra tp bonus? Lower average WS dmg from being weaker jobs, offensively, in addition to almost assuredly hitting the WS wall occasionally will impact this.

Not saving Warcry is bad, but I agree with Simon when he says it's being overvalued here. That's before considering a SAM or DRK's higher white damage and natural weaponskill frequency compared to a single wielding or, God forbid, 2handed WAR.

Not saying WAR is bad or even worse than the other two, btw.
The ws frequency wouldn't change for dark as you still if what Simon theory is that people holding tp til 2200 your already losing tons of dps on drk at that point. If damage isn't an issue then drk still offers nothing more than soul enslavement which clearly 1000% isn't needed at all as clears are happening without drk. Not saying people are getting 10000% of the benefit of warcry but assuming people are getting the full benefit of absorb vit take off defense that doesn't even matter. Simon thinks warcry is being overvalued but thinks Scarlett is being undervalued when it has 0 value in this fight. Not saying you btw just saying in general if warcry is overvalued here then it's overvalued in most if these other fights. If the the 'lower' jobs are doing less ws then so is the drk as if he just spams ws his damage is gonna hit the ws wall. So the ws more thing is mute. You'd be holding tp just as long as the others I know this because when I did drk on a few of v25s the dmaage drop off for back to back to back torcleavers is noticeable.
Edit this is more so for you 3 marked points but it just wall text from cell but yes warcry is being overvalued as to help more people with damage which like you said doesn't super matter because mboze squishy.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2023-02-02 09:34:03
Link | Citer | R

DRK won't hit the WS wall if they're using Liberator and alternating between CR and Insurgency, which they should. TP denial Mboze makes basically all of Caladbolg's advantages over Liberator null (WS wall penalizes having a single primary WS, Torcleaver's 2-step easy SC does nothing, empy AM does nothing except during SP2, and you can afford to use a more fragile STP-focused set because Mboze doesn't hit hard with normal hits).
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-02-02 09:52:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
That's like 30 whole tiktoks brah.

lol.

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Keep in mind for SAM as well: Yaegasumi is ~40 seconds of significantly boosted WS dmg and practical invulnerability on Mboze since most of its moves are considered special attacks.

You're not wrong, but survivability outside Mboze using a 1-shot mechanic isn't much of an issue, so I don't really consider this a boon.

I know Yaegasumi is great, but I'm sorry, I just don't see 40 seconds of Yaeg making up for 5 minutes of party-wide warcry.

It's less about dmg taken and more about tp feed. It's either missing you or hitting for 0 dmg which means it's getting 0 tp for hitting you for the entire duration, regardless of cureskin efficiency.

I'm not about to claim with 100% certainty but I'd also be very surprised if 40s of 60% wsd added at the end of the WS dmg formula didn't come close to or beat even an entire fight worth of Warcry. It's nice to write on paper that you're "buffing 6 people at once" but you have to consider skill cap of an individual player and each player in a group, especially since most people aren't exactly running with all stars.

A) how many people in your group are properly taking advantage of Savagery?

B) is their weaponskill frequency high enough to get all 500tp from it to begin with throughout the entire fight?

C) how much damage are the "lesser" jobs actually getting out of the extra tp bonus? Lower average WS dmg from being weaker jobs, offensively, in addition to almost assuredly hitting the WS wall occasionally will impact this.

Not saving Warcry is bad, but I agree with Simon when he says it's being overvalued here. That's before considering a SAM or DRK's higher white damage and natural weaponskill frequency compared to a single wielding or, God forbid, 2handed WAR.

Not saying WAR is bad or even worse than the other two, btw.
The ws frequency wouldn't change for dark as you still if what Simon theory is that people holding tp til 2200 your already losing tons of dps on drk at that point. If damage isn't an issue then drk still offers nothing more than soul enslavement which clearly 1000% isn't needed at all as clears are happening without drk. Not saying people are getting 10000% of the benefit of warcry but assuming people are getting the full benefit of absorb vit take off defense that doesn't even matter. Simon thinks warcry is being overvalued but thinks Scarlett is being undervalued when it has 0 value in this fight. Not saying you btw just saying in general if warcry is overvalued here then it's overvalued in most if these other fights. If the the 'lower' jobs are doing less ws then so is the drk as if he just spams ws his damage is gonna hit the ws wall. So the ws more thing is mute. You'd be holding tp just as long as the others I know this because when I did drk on a few of v25s the dmaage drop off for back to back to back torcleavers is noticeable.
Edit this is more so for you 3 marked points but it just wall text from cell but yes warcry is being overvalued as to help more people with damage which like you said doesn't super matter because mboze squishy.

(This is more of a general response to the convo, not necessarily to you personally JTT)

I think SAM has the juice to be in kill party. I think DRK does too. I would hope SE intended on multiple jobs being viable for the content. I like the idea of variety in v25 party comps. Mboze allows for more flexibility than something like Ongo, where I think that's a much more rigid and defined party list.

I also want to be clear that I see these kinds of debates as a "steel sharpens steel" opportunity; I'm not trying to shoot down or dissuade anyone from trying something different than what we did. I sincerely want to see how Simon or Proth do on SAM if they try it.

It's hard to debate which job is better when, afaik, only WAR has been in a kill group. When someone gets a clear with SAM or DRK or BLU (and I 100% believe it will happen if it hasn't already), then we can start splitting hairs about TP bonus efficiency and how much or how little party wide attack buffs are actually helping.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-02-02 10:03:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
DRK won't hit the WS wall if they're using Liberator and alternating between CR and Insurgency, which they should. TP denial Mboze makes basically all of Caladbolg's advantages over Liberator null (WS wall penalizes having a single primary WS, Torcleaver's 2-step easy SC does nothing, empy AM does nothing except during SP2, and you can afford to use a more fragile STP-focused set because Mboze doesn't hit hard with normal hits).

Quietus was also doing really good dmg from our Redemption DRK. I know that's a tall order but it probably still does decent damage with Lib or even Anguta.

I agree with your overall sentiment too, I would much prefer scythe for this fight than Calad, simply because of lacking good WS options for GS outside Torcleaver.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-02-02 10:15:25
Link | Citer | R

The problem with that is they brought up white damage from sam and drk so that means they talking emp weapons. Which was is my point you hit it on the head. On the second fight white damage should be null as you tanking so you'd he a set which while it's nice you holding tp is gonna more than likely slow the fight a bit. Think chief did it with lib drk I'd have to go back and look at the win him/lex posted. But ya lack of ws for drk would hurt a little for Caladbolg depending on slow or fast ws from others is going.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-02-02 10:38:40
Link | Citer | R

I experimented a bit with different weapons during a Mboze v25 run, it's not across 15 runs or anything, but enough to get somewhat of a feel for it. I would alternate weapons during the fights (it was for RP so we weren't trying to clear), so it's the same buffs/debuffs/etc each time I'd try. I haven't put a ton of runs in it to really measure but I will when I get around to him.

I found that with Redemption, Cross Reaper was doing roughly the same damage as Torcleaver, although I tend to push to 2.5k TP with Redemption and aim more for 2k with Torcleaver. The white damage was better with Redemption, though, which is something I've noticed in every T3 fight I've had a chance to use it on (more at v20 though), obviously this is less of a benefit below 75% if you are TPing on the add.

I did use Quietus to break up the wall and the numbers I got were a bit surprising, they weren't far off from either Torcleaver or Cross Reaper. Quietus doesn't scale as high as Cross Reaper will, but the damage from it tends to be a lot more consistent.

Another perk is that you miss considerably less with it than you do Calad, Torcleaver whiffs a lot it seems, but I rarely miss any hits with Cross Reaper, Quietus will whiff more but anecdotally still less than Torcleaver against various mobs I've used it on.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-02-02 14:50:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Iamaman said: »
Another perk is that you miss considerably less with it than you do Calad, Torcleaver whiffs a lot it seems, but I rarely miss any hits with Cross Reaper, Quietus will whiff more but anecdotally still less than Torcleaver against various mobs I've used it on

Well Cross will completely miss less because its 2hit WS, but Torc and Quietus will miss the same. It's just a feeling that Torc miss more, because you probably do more Torcleavers in general, so you notice more misses.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-03 01:15:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Dumb questions about Odyssey:

1) Anybody noticed a particular resistance to Addle II on Marmorkrebs? I managed to stick it... ONCE, out of I lost count of how many tries. Couldn't stick it even with Sabo Frazzle3 and Idris Focus+Languor up

2) I'm experiencing something strange when it comes to sticking Sleep/Sleep2 on the T1 and T2 V25 Oddyssey NMs Adds.
First of all there doesn't seem to be any difference between T1 and T2, it seems just as hard on either tier.
Second it seems that adding lots of macc doesn't change the stick rate. I could try with just my basic gear, or try with >90 macc from food, Sabo Frazzle3 up, Sabo up, Idris Geo (all of these together should provide a MASSIVE difference in macc) and it seems my landing rate of Sleep on these targets remains the same.

Is it just a bias of mine? Or is anybody else experiencing the same?
Reposting this, looking for more input from other people who might or might not have experienced this.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-02-03 02:06:20
Link | Citer | R

Dumb questions about Odyssey:

1) Anybody noticed a particular resistance to Addle II on Marmorkrebs? I managed to stick it... ONCE, out of I lost count of how many tries. Couldn't stick it even with Sabo Frazzle3 and Idris Focus+Languor up

2) I'm experiencing something strange when it comes to sticking Sleep/Sleep2 on the T1 and T2 V25 Oddyssey NMs Adds.
First of all there doesn't seem to be any difference between T1 and T2, it seems just as hard on either tier.
Second it seems that adding lots of macc doesn't change the stick rate. I could try with just my basic gear, or try with >90 macc from food, Sabo Frazzle3 up, Sabo up, Idris Geo (all of these together should provide a MASSIVE difference in macc) and it seems my landing rate of Sleep on these targets remains the same.

Is it just a bias of mine? Or is anybody else experiencing the same?
Reposting this, looking for more input from other people who might or might not have experienced this.

There is not really a point to try to stick sleep. Just use bind and gravity.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-03 02:24:39
Link | Citer | R

It's not a matter of that being relevant or even necessary.
I just wanted to understand first if it's just a bias of mine or if even others experienced the same. And, if so, what's going on there.

It's clearly not a matter of the targets (adds) having too much Meva because I can land pretty much any other debuff on first cast even without macc buffs.
Also because, as I described before, the stick rate of sleep is very low regardless of my macc level (same stick rate even with a very big macc difference).

So what's going on there? Is it a matter of those targets having an innate and very strong "Resist sleep" trait?
Maybe... but shouldn't the resist from trait give a different chat message? Maybe not, maybe that happens only player-side and not monster-side.

I'm just curious to understand what's going on.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-02-03 13:07:04
Link | Citer | R

Folks seem really focused on Warcry like it's the reason to bring a WAR to Mboze. From what I was seeing on our runs, the Warcry was nice and all, but Mighty Strikes was the real hero. Holy cow it's powerful with Ikenga's Axe. I feel like we went straight from 39% to 25% and if you get a Wildcard reset it'd be even stronger. So make sure to consider that when comparing it to DRK and SAM.

Burst damage like this is particularly beneficial in V25s, because the last 39% of the fight demands such a fast pace. SAM has Yaegasumi, but I think DRK will struggle in the last 39% despite maybe having a better overall pace before that. I'm curious to see what people are able to clear it with in the future!
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2023-02-03 13:15:24
Link | Citer | R

1: Marmorkrebs is water-based, so fire-based Addle is very difficult to land, especially since you can't immunobreak it.

2: Odyssey NMs have the highest rank of sleep resist (separate from dark resist). This means that without Stymie, it's literally impossible to land without immunobreaks first, regardless of how much MACC you have. Regardless of your MACC, you'll need at least 1 +1 immunobreak, and chances will be low without ES until you've gotten 2 +1 immunobreaks. Their status resist is high enough that after a certain point MACC only affects immunobreak chance, and immunobreak chance seems to have a cap outside of RDM merits.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-03 13:26:23
Link | Citer | R

Ok, so it's a matter of Resist Sleep trait.
I guess that makes sense then and explains why even very large amounts of Macc seemed to make no difference at all in my landing rate of Sleep.

I thought the message from Resist traits was different compared to the one from Meva, but maybe that's only for players and not for monsters?

Thankfully Sleep is not really "vital" in most fights.
By SimonSes 2023-02-03 14:24:54
Link | Citer | R

Ok, so it's a matter of Resist Sleep trait.
I guess that makes sense then and explains why even very large amounts of Macc seemed to make no difference at all in my landing rate of Sleep.

I thought the message from Resist traits was different compared to the one from Meva, but maybe that's only for players and not for monsters?

Thankfully Sleep is not really "vital" in most fights.

Its not resist trait that you think about. Its macc based still. It's special added meva against specific spell instead of straight immunity, so you can utilize Immonobreak mechanic.

EDIT: Actually maybe "meva" is wrong word here. It's basically a special mechanic made for Immunobreak. You still need high enough macc to proc Immunobreak and then to land a debuff, after enough Immunobreaks.
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-02-03 14:44:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Folks seem really focused on Warcry like it's the reason to bring a WAR to Mboze. From what I was seeing on our runs, the Warcry was nice and all, but Mighty Strikes was the real hero. Holy cow it's powerful with Ikenga's Axe. I feel like we went straight from 39% to 25% and if you get a Wildcard reset it'd be even stronger. So make sure to consider that when comparing it to DRK and SAM.

Burst damage like this is particularly beneficial in V25s, because the last 39% of the fight demands such a fast pace. SAM has Yaegasumi, but I think DRK will struggle in the last 39% despite maybe having a better overall pace before that. I'm curious to see what people are able to clear it with in the future!

Warcry isn't -the- reason to bring a WAR, just one of them. If anything is being undervalued, I think it's Tomahawk. 1:45 of -30% resist dmg type that you can use every 3 minutes? Busted.

I agree with you though, Mighty Strikes probably the best 2 hour in the game. Certainly one of the most fun anyway.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2023-02-03 15:10:16
Link | Citer | R

I mean, -30% of -25% to slashing brings it from 75% to 82.5%. A 10% damage boost to the party for 1:30 (not 1:45) is quite nice, but it's not even close to busted.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-02-03 16:05:06
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't say Soul Enslavement is worse than Might Strikes. Especially below 25%. It lets DRK switch to Mboze which adds lots of white damage and let you spam 2000+ TP WSs with amazing frequency. Also lets everyone else to spam WSs too. Potentially even BST could join and add WSs during Soul Enslavement (ofc everyone beside DRK still TPing on add). That party damage + white damage + higher frequency of 2000+TP WSs can easily rival MS even considering MS is 60 sec and SE 30. Also 39>25% is still safe, it's below 25% when you risk the most with just BST doing TP reset, so I wouldn't waste Mighty Strikes before 25% threshold.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-02-03 16:24:21
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

I wouldn't say Soul Enslavement is worse than Might Strikes. Especially below 25%. It lets DRK switch to Mboze which adds lots of white damage and let you spam 2000+ TP WSs with amazing frequency. Also lets everyone else to spam WSs too. Potentially even BST could join and add WSs during Soul Enslavement (ofc everyone beside DRK still TPing on add). That party damage + white damage + higher frequency of 2000+TP WSs can easily rival MS even considering MS is 60 75 sec and SE 30. Also 39>25% is still safe, it's below 25% when you risk the most with just BST doing TP reset, so I wouldn't waste Mighty Strikes before 25% threshold.

probably safe to assume any warrior worth their axe has the enhance mighty strikes gloves
By Guyford 2023-02-03 16:29:02
Link | Citer | R

No, mighty strikes is base 45 seconds and 60 WITH the relic hands...
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-02-03 17:17:14
Link | Citer | R

Guyford said: »
No, mighty strikes is base 45 seconds and 60 WITH the relic hands...
oh wow! thank you, clearly not deserving of my warrior axe :)
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-02-03 18:57:31
Link | Citer | R

Warcry isn't -the- reason to bring a WAR, just one of them. If anything is being undervalued, I think it's Tomahawk. 1:45 of -30% resist dmg type that you can use every 3 minutes? Busted.

I agree with you though, Mighty Strikes probably the best 2 hour in the game. Certainly one of the most fun anyway.
For making the final push (40%-0%) against V25s, this is the greatest argument in favor of Warrior for fights like Mboze, Kalunga, and Ngai. Armchair quarterbacks who are out here talking about their spreadsheets and V20 experience are not taking everything Warrior has to offer into consideration.

Warcry's TP bonus benefits everyone. We are not all robots who WS at exactly the optimal amount of x TP. Tomahawk boosts the damage of everyone who is participating in dps and is absolutely undervalued from people who have little V25 experience. And then there is Mighty Strikes, which helps push through the most dangerous part of every fight (40/25% - dead).

All of this is not to say that groups cannot clear these fights with other primary DD jobs like SAM or DRK. It's simply the argument that WAR has a lot to offer that is not just the unga bunga Warcry Savage Blade that we have been seeing in recent months.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-02-03 19:56:45
Link | Citer | R

I mean, -30% of -25% to slashing brings it from 75% to 82.5%. A 10% damage boost to the party for 1:30 (not 1:45) is quite nice, but it's not even close to busted.

My bad, 1:30, which you can get 4 uses out of in a 13 minute fight for 6 full minutes of ~10% more damage.

Even if Tomahawk is that diminished, you've still got Armor Break and Warcry bringing up party DPS and 80% Berserk uptime, Retaliation, Restraint, and 2 ARGUABLY "busted" SPs to bring up your own.

I'm in violent agreement with Hya. Other DDs can probably clear that fight, but WAR seems like the path of least resistance here.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2023-02-03 20:10:37
Link | Citer | R

DRK also gets Armor Break, and SAM gets Ageha, so that's true of all 3, and DRK gets Last Resort, which is more potent than Berserk but has a bit less uptime (though with RD/WC can pretty much ride it the whole fight anyway).

Does Retaliation even work on AoE normal attacks? I assumed it had the same restrictions as counter.

I think WAR is probably optimal, but DRK is probably very close between Scarlet Delirium, Absorb-VIT, and self-capping haste without subjob or haste samba.
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-02-03 20:26:38
Link | Citer | R

DRK also gets Armor Break, and SAM gets Ageha, so that's true of all 3, and DRK gets Last Resort, which is more potent than Berserk but has a bit less uptime (though with RD/WC can pretty much ride it the whole fight anyway).

True, but neither DRK nor SAM have an answer to Tomahawk. The closest thing would be Simon's absolute best-case absorb-VIT of 96. I have that "BiS" set with R15 Lib, and it tends to usually be closer to 60 stat whenever I use it /shrug.

Does Retaliation even work on AoE normal attacks? I assumed it had the same restrictions as counter.

I know it shouldn't, but I pop it anyway, and part of me wants to believe I see it proc every now and then, but could be total placebo.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-02-03 20:30:27
Link | Citer | R

Mboze has a couple of single target attacks so you're seeing it proc off of those
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-02-03 20:34:02
Link | Citer | R

Mboze has a couple of single target attacks so you're seeing it proc off of those

I KNEW I wasn't crazy!
First Page 2 3 ... 221 222 223 ... 237 238 239