users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 220 221 222 ... 237 238 239
By SimonSes 2023-02-01 17:46:52
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
This was to simon trying to throw shade

You have really weird conclusions here. All I said was that not everyone is bis everything. Odyssey requires many jobs to be used and some people even specifically level some jobs to make it work. If the static has to choose between someone having bis WAR with experience or someone else going on DRK that he plays from time to time with decent, but not the best gear, then for sure WAR is a better choice. This was all I was saying and I ahve no idea how is that a shade on anything or anyone.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mhysa
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2023-02-01 18:08:56
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
I ahve no idea how is that a shade on anything or anyone.

*Post 75 era pictures to try his hardest to prove his point* If you had to post screenshots to get people to agree with you, you already lost the argument. At least own up to being shady instead of pulling the "I have no idea how you got that conclusion". I hope you aint a lawyer!
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-02-01 18:11:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
Could switch the war for a drk for sure on the second fight that way soul Enslavement and torcleaver should work wonders on it. I'd imagine the war is there to help with provoke also right? I'm glad to see war can replace drk like I was speaking on early in a v20 clear. Edit: nvm the soul Enslavement maybe down before of first fight my bad.

We did Redemption DRK on KI 1 and I went Farsha WAR on KI 2, so no Savage Blade competition with BRD or COR . Calamity and Mistral were both doing 25-30k, but primarily used Calamity until dmg fell off, tossed in a few Mistrals then back to Calamity. Was using Miso Ramen +1 for the extra DEF and dmg still wasn't an issue.

From the WAR POV, (and I'm sure it's been posted already, haven't kept up with the entire thread, sorry) opened with just Warcry, RD, Berserk > Tomahawk > Restraint > Retaliation > Warcry, waited until after 40% for 2nd Mboze Invincible and add pop, Warcry is up by then so popped it + MS/BR, Wild Card, Warcry only again, RD, then should have your 5th Warcry up if RD didn't miss. Pop whatever you got left in the tank to finish the fight.
Now here the ultimate question could you swap in sam for second fight? It seems like too much but kinda curious as sam was the go to for a bit back in v15 days.
Serveur: Asura
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-02-01 18:30:41
Link | Citer | R

Could switch the war for a drk for sure on the second fight that way soul Enslavement and torcleaver should work wonders on it. I'd imagine the war is there to help with provoke also right? I'm glad to see war can replace drk like I was speaking on early in a v20 clear. Edit: nvm the soul Enslavement maybe down before of first fight my bad.

We did Redemption DRK on KI 1 and I went Farsha WAR on KI 2, so no Savage Blade competition with BRD or COR . Calamity and Mistral were both doing 25-30k, but primarily used Calamity until dmg fell off, tossed in a few Mistrals then back to Calamity. Was using Miso Ramen +1 for the extra DEF and dmg still wasn't an issue.

From the WAR POV, (and I'm sure it's been posted already, haven't kept up with the entire thread, sorry) opened with just Warcry, RD, Berserk > Tomahawk > Restraint > Retaliation > Warcry, waited until after 40% for 2nd Mboze Invincible and add pop, Warcry is up by then so popped it + MS/BR, Wild Card, Warcry only again, RD, then should have your 5th Warcry up if RD didn't miss. Pop whatever you got left in the tank to finish the fight.
Now here the ultimate question could you swap in sam for second fight? It seems like too much but kinda curious as sam was the go to for a bit back in v15 days.

We never tried SAM, but maybe? Blade Bash certainly doesn't hurt for the plague effect, tachi: ageha doesn't require a weapon swap (assuming it lands). Assuming the SAM is taking the tanking role for Mboze himself, he'd get Overwhelm for WS's, I'd just be concerned for SAMs survivability. I also don't have any idea how hard SAMs WS's would hit compared to WAR or DRK, but we all know it's frequency is higher, which I don't think would be a good thing for Mboze. Just spitballing but you'd still probably want to hold to ~2k before popping off as not to overfeed TP.

I'd like to see it done tbh.
By SimonSes 2023-02-01 18:32:19
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Mhysa said: »

*Post 75 era pictures to try his hardest to prove his point* If you had to post screenshots to get people to agree with you, you already lost the argument. At least own up to being shady instead of pulling the "I have no idea how you got that conclusion". I hope you aint a lawyer!

Lol what :D he said I don't play the game and only do spreadsheets, so I played along and throw few screenshots to show that I play DRK since 2007. I personally believe playing job since 2007 or since 2022 is totally useless argument, but it was fun to counter his poor accusations like that. I at least had a reason to go through my collection and recall some good memories. I guess I shouldn't use those old screenshots though, because it gave people excuse to ignore the recent pics I posted there too, which were the true argument in the discussion, showing potential of Scarlet Deliriums and Absorbs.
By SimonSes 2023-02-01 18:58:07
Link | Citer | R

We never tried SAM, but maybe? Blade Bash certainly doesn't hurt for the plague effect, tachi: ageha doesn't require a weapon swap (assuming it lands). Assuming the SAM is taking the tanking role for Mboze himself, he'd get Overwhelm for WS's, I'd just be concerned for SAMs survivability. I also don't have any idea how hard SAMs WS's would hit compared to WAR or DRK, but we all know it's frequency is higher, which I don't think would be a good thing for Mboze. Just spitballing but you'd still probably want to hold to ~2k before popping off as not to overfeed TP.

Personally I think SAM is way better than WAR. SAM could throw 3000tp Fudo faster than WAR 1000TP axe WSs probably. Damage should easily be higher per WS too. Ageha should easily land, because Mboze shouldn't resist accurate wind based debuffs. Survivability shouldn't be an issue at all, SAM has hybrid full zanhasso set and you can WS in 50% PDT and MDT too without any loss in damage. BLU would also easily work here, also better than WAR imo. Expiacion is much stronger WS and BLU has much better WS frequency and you could add tp resets below 25% to make it way safer, but BLU is also excellent for first KI if 2nd KI assumes BST based strategy. Maybe even NIN could be enough. Dancer with Onion Sword III would also be very powerful for this fight, but obviously that's only option for only few people who have it.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-02-01 19:02:52
Link | Citer | R

Personally I think SAM is way better than WAR. SAM could throw 3000tp Fudo faster than WAR 1000TP axe WSs probably. Damage should easily be higher per WS too. Ageha should easily land, because Mboze shouldn't resist accurate wind based debuffs. Survivability shouldn't be an issue at all, SAM has hybrid full zanhasso set and you can WS in 50% PDT and MDT too without any loss in damage. BLU would also easily work here, also better than WAR imo. Expiacion is much stronger WS and BLU has much better WS frequency and you could add tp resets below 25% to make it way safer, but BLU is also excellent for first KI if 2nd KI assumes BST based strategy. Maybe even NIN could be enough. Dancer with Onion Sword III would also be very powerful for this fight, but obviously that's only option for only few people who have it.

Next time we do a clear run for the stragglers in my LS, I'll see if they'll let me try SAM.

I'm thinking Masa for the stat boost, since TP Bonus won't really be useful in this scenario?
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-02-01 19:19:49
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Mhysa said: »

Lol what :D he said I don't play the game and only do spreadsheets, so I played along and throw few screenshots to show that I play DRK since 2007. I personally believe playing job since 2007 or since 2022 is totally useless argument, but it was fun to counter his poor accusations like that. I at least had a reason to go through my collection and recall some good memories. I guess I shouldn't use those old screenshots though, because it gave people excuse to ignore the recent pics I posted there too, which were the true argument in the discussion, showing potential of Scarlet Deliriums and Absorbs.
Know what I had a whole post up about this but I tell you what you right im wrong. God idk how I been getting any damage done on drk having just finding out today about scarlet and absorbs. Have a good life guy.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-02-01 21:24:15
Link | Citer | R

Keep in mind for SAM as well: Yaegasumi is ~40 seconds of significantly boosted WS dmg and practical invulnerability on Mboze since most of its moves are considered special attacks.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2023-02-01 23:13:18
Link | Citer | R

That's actually a very good catch.
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-02-01 23:19:02
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Keep in mind for SAM as well: Yaegasumi is ~40 seconds of significantly boosted WS dmg and practical invulnerability on Mboze since most of its moves are considered special attacks.

You're not wrong, but survivability outside Mboze using a 1-shot mechanic isn't much of an issue, so I don't really consider this a boon.

I know Yaegasumi is great, but I'm sorry, I just don't see 40 seconds of Yaeg making up for 5 minutes of party-wide warcry.
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-02-01 23:19:03
Link | Citer | R

You're not wrong, but survivability outside Mboze using a 1-shot mechanic isn't much of an issue, so I don't really consider this a boon.

I know Yaegasumi is great, but I'm sorry, I just don't see 40 seconds of Yaeg making up for 5 minutes of party-wide warcry.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-02 01:07:42
Link | Citer | R

You can still Warcry if you go /WAR -OH WAIT!
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-02-02 01:15:07
Link | Citer | R

Know what I had a whole post up about this but I tell you what you right im wrong. God idk how I been getting any damage done on drk having just finding out today about scarlet and absorbs. Have a good life guy.

I haven't said anything about you not knowing it, but you was arguing not to use them in this fight, which is just simply wrong.
By SimonSes 2023-02-02 01:37:09
Link | Citer | R

Why you guy are so hyped about that warcry. I seriously don't understand that. Its Not Bumba Zerg when 5 people take advantage of it for whole fight. With just BST doing TP reset, everyone should try to Hold tp for stronger WSs with less frequency under 50% anyway and under 25% it's only WAR and COR WSing and also it should be with holding TP, because you can't let Mboze reach 1000TP and reset is only every 30sec.

Just read what Rua wrote.
Ruaumoko said: »
Mboze is surprisingly quick to drop from 75% to 40%, even from 40% to 25%.
This is because they were able to WS constantly with 4 people until 25%, but at 25% it stops

When you reach 25% be very careful and pace your damage as to not make Mboze cross the 1000% TP threshold. If that means waiting 15 or so seconds for another Leech drain, do it.

This clearly shows you need to limit WS frequency, which means you will have massive tp overflow and WAR and COR are already at minimum 2400 and 2250+, which means warcry will do almost nothing to them with even minimal tp overflow. There is only 60 sec window from Unleash when warcry is important because everyone can WS asap then. After that warcry wont do ***, beside adding some small amount of attack, which is less than absorb vit from bis DRK.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-02-02 01:53:03
Link | Citer | R

Aight, well let us know how well that DRK KI2 strat works out for you.

Also, as I stated earlier, we brought a PLD, so we only had 3 ppl using weaponskills, no RUN feeding unnecessary TP.

I don't doubt there's a strat with DRK in KI2 that can clear. It just sounds like a lot of shuffling and more work than bringing a WAR.

I don't know where you're getting that anyone backs off from weaponskilling after 25%, we certainly didn't hold back. WAR, COR and BRD WS'd the entire fight.
[+]
 Asura.Warmoose
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2023-02-02 02:09:21
Link | Citer | R

Why you guy are so hyped about that warcry. I seriously don't understand that. Its Not Bumba Zerg when 5 people take advantage of it for whole fight. With just BST doing TP reset, everyone should try to Hold tp for stronger WSs with less frequency under 50% anyway and under 25% it's only WAR and COR WSing and also it should be with holding TP, because you can't let Mboze reach 1000TP and reset is only every 30sec.

This is because they were able to WS constantly with 4 people until 25%, but at 25% it stops

When you reach 25% be very careful and pace your damage as to not make Mboze cross the 1000% TP threshold. If that means waiting 15 or so seconds for another Leech drain, do it.

This clearly shows you need to limit WS frequency, which means you will have massive tp overflow and WAR and COR are already at minimum 2400 and 2250+, which means warcry will do almost nothing to them with even minimal tp overflow. There is only 60 sec window from Unleash when warcry is important because everyone can WS asap then. After that warcry wont do ***, beside adding some small amount of attack, which is less than absorb vit from bis DRK.

How'd you do your Mboze V25 win?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-02 02:45:16
Link | Citer | R

Dumb questions about Odyssey:

1) Anybody noticed a particular resistance to Addle II on Marmorkrebs? I managed to stick it... ONCE, out of I lost count of how many tries. Couldn't stick it even with Sabo Frazzle3 and Idris Focus+Languor up

2) I'm experiencing something strange when it comes to sticking Sleep/Sleep2 on the T1 and T2 V25 Adds.
First of all there doesn't seem to be any difference between T1 and T2, it seems just as hard on either tier.
Second it seems that adding lots of macc doesn't change the stick rate. I could try with just my basic gear, or try with >90 macc from food, Sabo Frazzle3 up, Sabo up, Idris Geo (all of these together should provide a MASSIVE difference in macc) and it seems my landing rate of Sleep on these targets remains the same.

Is it just a bias of mine? Or is anybody else experiencing the same?
By SimonSes 2023-02-02 03:17:09
Link | Citer | R

I don't know where you're getting that anyone backs off from weaponskilling after 25%, we certainly didn't hold back. WAR, COR and BRD WS'd the entire fight.

Even if you let 3ppl WS which is super risky (We had Mboze wipe at 1% because DRK and COR were both WSing under 25%) they still should hold tp to 1400(War) and 1700(Cor) and 2450(BRD) to lower frequency but increase WS damage to maximum and avoid doing 2 savage in a row too, so damage is not reduced from WS wall. In which case WARcry tp bonus means nothing.
By SimonSes 2023-02-02 03:22:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Warmoose said: »

We did V20 in the exactly same setup and using the same strategy, but with just 1KI and technically the V25 is exactly the same beside having 2add and Mboze having higher Regen, but mechanics are identical.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-02-02 03:52:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Warmoose said: »

Kinda the problem here he as far as I know hasn't done it or hasnt posted the strat they won with Which is why I'm more so asking people who done and cleared it. Also Clint is right it wouldn't make up for the warcry at all tbh. Idk where people getting holding tp til 2200+ thing from I've seen noone say they holding tp that long. War also offer a fair put of stuff to kinda keep hate in check I feel and can kinda turtle up if need be.
By SimonSes 2023-02-02 04:36:14
Link | Citer | R

Idk where people getting holding tp til 2200+ thing from I've seen noone say they holding tp that long.

Capped Fencer WAR with Ikenga+Moonshade has +1410-1610 TPbonus. You are barely holding TP to reach effective 3000. Cor has +1250TP, so also barely holds TP to get effective 3000 and you need to avoid doing Savage after BRD, because reduction from WS wall, so TP overflow comes naturally. BRD has +550TPbonus, so here Warcry will help. Overall for whole party Warcry would be less than -96VIT from Absorb, especially that Absorb would be there for whole time under 25%HP.

Kinda the problem here he as far as I know hasn't done it or hasnt posted the strat they won with

Ofc because again FFXI game mechanics are a mystery that can only be spoken about when you get V25 clear. V20 is the exact same fight in terms of TP reset and buffs or TP feed. Additional add and higher regen just means RUN or PLD and WHM have slightly tougher work to do, but all mechanics that I was talking about in previous 2 pages are identical.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-02-02 06:39:17
Link | Citer | R

It's less about dmg taken and more about tp feed. It's either missing you or hitting for 0 dmg which means it's getting 0 tp for hitting you for the entire duration, regardless of cureskin efficiency.

I'm not about to claim with 100% certainty but I'd also be very surprised if 40s of 60% wsd added at the end of the WS dmg formula didn't come close to or beat even an entire fight worth of Warcry. It's nice to write on paper that you're "buffing 6 people at once" but you have to consider skill cap of an individual player and each player in a group, especially since most people aren't exactly running with all stars.

A) how many people in your group are properly taking advantage of Savagery?

B) is their weaponskill frequency high enough to get all 500tp from it to begin with throughout the entire fight?

C) how much damage are the "lesser" jobs actually getting out of the extra tp bonus? Lower average WS dmg from being weaker jobs, offensively, in addition to almost assuredly hitting the WS wall occasionally will impact this.

Not saving Warcry is bad, but I agree with Simon when he says it's being overvalued here. That's before considering a SAM or DRK's higher white damage and natural weaponskill frequency compared to a single wielding or, God forbid, 2handed WAR.

Not saying WAR is bad or even worse than the other two, btw.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-02-02 07:02:13
Link | Citer | R

It's less about dmg taken and more about tp feed. It's either missing you or hitting for 0 dmg which means it's getting 0 tp for hitting you for the entire duration, regardless of cureskin efficiency.

I'm not about to claim with 100% certainty but I'd also be very surprised if 40s of 60% wsd added at the end of the WS dmg formula didn't come close to or beat even an entire fight worth of Warcry.
This is kinda what I felt with the whole Scarlett bs either you gonna get hit for so little that the damage increase is mute and useless or get hit for so much that you stress on healer. The warcry at the end of the day would benefit more than one person no matter which way you slice it in my eyes anyway. Someone said they think nin could or would be better than war for this which I can't imagine as i cant see it keeping hate that good but I've been wrong before.
By SimonSes 2023-02-02 07:04:01
Link | Citer | R

higher white damage

This will only be a factor for DRK using Soul Enslavement, because otherwise you tp on add, but I agree with everything else.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-02-02 07:12:25
Link | Citer | R

Was thinking of the BST in 2nd KI setup and having the SAM go hog wild w/ masamune AM during Unleash. Have had success doing that before with DRK for some extra dmg. DRK does get to extend it further with Soul Enslavement though.

This is all ultimately academic. In my experience the trouble with Mboze, whether it's 15 20 or 25, has never been about dmg output or killing it in time. Something else always goes wrong, whether it be someone getting impatient or someone missing a tp drain by a couple of seconds etc.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-02-02 07:33:50
Link | Citer | R

This is kinda what I felt with the whole Scarlett bs either you gonna get hit for so little that the damage increase is mute and useless or get hit for so much that you stress on healer.

Even assuming safe usage of Scarlet, getting hit by around 500 damage would be around +13% DPS, which is significant enough and doesn't stress WHM at all.

The warcry at the end of the day would benefit more than one person no matter which way you slice it in my eyes

It will benefit more than one person during 76->25% which is the easiest part, but savagery won't benefit more than one person below 25%, attack bonus from Warcry will, but it's not that big and worse than -96VIT, which benefits all DDs below 25%.

Someone said they think nin could or would be better than war for this which I can't imagine as i cant see it keeping hate that good but I've been wrong before.

Lack of burst with mighty strikes could be an issue to push through last 25%, but on the other hand if you could land Yurin, you could be more aggressive with WS spam. Hate is probably the last thing to be worry about. You have over +50 native enmity from Yonin and Gekka and utsusemi gives lots of hate under Yonin too and you can spam it few times during the fight when you do rebuffs or you are forced to stop damage for some reason.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-02-02 07:38:28
Link | Citer | R

Also I keep seeing people mention Plague sometimes. Is there any actual evidence of plague ever landing from any source? I swear I can't think of a single time that I've seen it land on BLU and I've had to have tried hundreds of times now. It's possible that I've just missed the "wears off" message but...
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-02-02 07:38:49
Link | Citer | R

Was thinking of the BST in 2nd KI setup and having the SAM go hog wild w/ masamune AM during Unleash. Have had success doing that before with DRK for some extra dmg. DRK does get to extend it further with Soul Enslavement though.

This is all ultimately academic. In my experience the trouble with Mboze, whether it's 15 20 or 25, has never been about dmg output or killing it in time. Something else always goes wrong, whether it be someone getting impatient or someone missing a tp drain by a couple of seconds etc.

You need to take into consideration tho, that V25 has more HP and much higher Regen from 2 adds being alive, so you need to do much more damage in the same time.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-02-02 07:42:40
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I know. I'm not just spitballin here, it's stuff I have seen. V25 is tankier but it really still comes down to tp management. In total mboze is absolutely among the squishiest of these v25s and if it weren't for the fact that we have to monitor how often we're attached to it I wouldn't be surprised if it died even faster than the bee. Every time I've seen a wipe it has been due to mistakes and carelessness (or Aura rng).

Again I want to make my point clear, I'm not advocating for the point that SAM would be the best and I'm not stating as fact that it would be better. I'm saying it would probably make a good alternative and I intend to find out.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 220 221 222 ... 237 238 239