Multi-Box Temp Bans?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Multi-Box Temp Bans?
Multi-Box Temp Bans?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15
 Sylph.Banhammer
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-02-01 10:18:52
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Dude. You're not on the official forums. You can cut the holier than thou attitude. No one is gonna burn you in effigy for using a hack or a bot after the fact. In reality, you'd get a lot more respect and better reactions if you just came out and said what you did.

Need proof? Eiryl's post. Flat out says "I have 6 chars that use tako, bot round the clock, only one was banned". He gives info that's relevant to the situation, and no one went crazy into "OHMAHGERD YOU CHEAT333R!!!!!" Just throw down the laundry list and let's move on.

Are you serious? I was literally put before the inquisition the moment I posted. I'm the one with a holier than thou attitude? Did you even read this thread?

I'm over it. Anyone that wants to talk about it can PM me, the rest of you can *** off.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-01 10:19:41
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Banhammer said: »
I was literally put before the inquisition the moment I posted.

Could you think of any reason that might be?

Perhaps because you started your thread with the outlandish title of 'multi-box-temp-bans' and the immediate reaction to that from most people is 'unlikely'?

You almost certainly know why you were banned, and it wasn't for multiboxing. It's just the human reaction to pretend the sky is falling because you personally were affected.
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-02-01 10:20:51
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
I was literally put before the inquisition the moment I posted.

Could you think of any reason that might be?

Perhaps because you started your thread with the outlandish title of 'multi-box-temp-bans' and the immediate reaction to that from most people is 'unlikely'?

Everyone I know that got a temp ban also multi-boxes. It's not outlandish, it's what I knew when I posted.

You are literally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, Thorny.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-01 10:21:27
Link | Citer | R

Loving the moralizing church lady routine. Tell us more about how pure you are!
look here you absolute ****ing potato

you come in here pretending to be innocent and making the claim you got banned for multiboxing, it isn't a question of morals, it's a question of how full of ***you are

from your reaction to anyone implying you cheated, pretty obvious the answer is "very full of ***"

dude botted, dude got banned, it isn't multiboxing related, /thread, move it along

I never claimed to be innocent, you absolute daft clown.

You implied that your "crime" is multiboxing, which simply dont match with reality (I do multibox for years and still alive and kicking so do loads of other players Ive seen for a lot of time running with their own train of chars).

Thats the problem with this thread. You toss some half assed conclusion, dont contribute with the discussion by denying more info about suposed ban then get pissy when someone toss some truths in your face.

This thread is full of misinformation which only real effect is to scare multiboxers.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-02-01 10:23:54
Link | Citer | R

Just make a character named unbannable. Then you will be invincible.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-01 10:25:44
Link | Citer | R

Or make a char called "Imbanned" and be a game paradox.
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-02-01 10:25:50
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Loving the moralizing church lady routine. Tell us more about how pure you are!
look here you absolute ****ing potato

you come in here pretending to be innocent and making the claim you got banned for multiboxing, it isn't a question of morals, it's a question of how full of ***you are

from your reaction to anyone implying you cheated, pretty obvious the answer is "very full of ***"

dude botted, dude got banned, it isn't multiboxing related, /thread, move it along

I never claimed to be innocent, you absolute daft clown.

You implied that your "crime" is multiboxing, which simply dont match with reality (I do multibox for years and still alive and kicking so do loads of other players Ive seen for a lot of time running with their own train of chars).

Thats the problem with this thread. You toss some half assed conclusion, dont contribute with the discussion by denying more info about suposed ban then get pissy when someone toss some truths in your face.

This thread is full of misinformation which only real effect is to scare multiboxers.

No, I asked a question about a scenario where the only immediately common thread is/was multiboxing. Everyone that has chimed in to say they got a temp, said they multiboxed. I clearly said not all and seemingly at random. The point was to gather information, not to make a statement which is why it was a question.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-01 10:29:22
Link | Citer | R

I just want to add for anyone unsure, they never bust you immediately. This is why I know it's not an automatic system, or consistent.

If you doing anything last week, last month, that is against ToS and? enough? people reported it and they hit you on RNG, you get got. and there may even be more optional qualifiers than that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-01 10:31:32
Link | Citer | R

By titling the thread "Multi-box temp bans", you imply the problem is multiboxing, as Pantafernando states. In reality, you are implying that which we all know. There are addons,etc that are more commonly used by multiboxers that may be the cause of what happened. But instead of just saying "yeah, I multibox, so I use the following", you just list what you DON'T use.

This leaves us with two options. The first is to read your comments as defensive statements. Saying what you DON'T use isn't of any help in narrowing down the cause. Its basically that "holier than thou" attitude I cite- "look at me! I play so clean I don't use these things!"

The other is that you're fishing. You lost, or temporarily lost, some but not all of your characters. But rather than revealing what may have caused the issue, you'd rather find out what other people who were banned were doing and then in private compare those to what you use. That helps ONE person, not the community. And why people are wanting you to just say it. The damage has been done, the temp ban handed down. What's the harm?

There is a 3rd possibility. You actually didn't get any chars banned, and are scared to death because some of your fellow multiboxers got hit and you want to know what caused it to save your own guys. I don't personally think that's the case, but the way you're dodging attempts to narrow this down, it makes me wonder. In particular when paired with your reactions to questions throughout the thread you started.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-01 10:34:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
not an automatic system
Can't rule that out just because it's delayed.

Most likely scenario, as I frequently tell people, is that they have automated detection and know everyone using speed/pos/botting too long/probably some other stuff. That gets compiled into a list.

Then, based on random selection, reports, or whatever, some employee takes 5 minutes to send out the bans on a chunk of the list every so often. This almost always happens around 1-3 am est on a jp weekday.

The whole 'check what these people were using to get around it' idea is silly, because odds are they know all of the people asking this ***are cheating to begin with. You're just pushing your luck until you come up on the ***lottery.
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-02-01 10:42:57
Link | Citer | R

"Multi-box temp bans"

I actually titled it "Multi-Box Temp Bans?". The question mark indicates I'm asking a question, not making a statement. Are you familiar with the question mark and other forms of grammatical punctuation?

The rest of your post is just your point of view. I'm answering defensively because I was immediately put on the defensive. You say it's not the OF but that's not the vibe of the thread.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-01 10:44:32
Link | Citer | R

ok ok ok

let's give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume you're stupid enough to believe that you got banned for multiboxing despite botting/speedhacking/pos/whatever you actually did

why not tell us from the start what you did, so someone can tell you 'no, you aren't being banned for multiboxing, it's probably because you did this'

you're like that one *** saying 'guess what' 'no u have to guess'
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-01 10:47:32
Link | Citer | R

Need proof? Eiryl's post. Flat out says "I have 6 chars that use tako, bot round the clock, only one was banned". He gives info that's relevant to the situation, and no one went crazy into "OHMAHGERD YOU CHEAT333R!!!!!"

Actually thats because calling him a cheater is like a praise to him
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-01 10:55:38
Link | Citer | R

This is worse than an intervention, where the person being sat down is just screaming "I DONT' HAVE A PROBLEM!!!"

But in this case, its the addict who called the intervention on himself just to argue he's ok.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-01 10:58:55
Link | Citer | R

I'll never understand anyone that just won't be like yeah, I did it. or I got bant. I get it, but it's so dumb.

Also, yeah, obvious auto-detection, but not auto-ban etc
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-02-01 11:03:26
Link | Citer | R

Could you get banned on here too pls? thanks.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-01 11:03:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I'll never understand anyone that just won't be like yeah, I did it. or I got bant. I get it, but it's so dumb.

Also, yeah, obvious auto-detection, but not auto-ban etc

Makes total sense to me that they are catching more than we know, but then cross reference that list with people getting reported.

Its like the landlord in a large apartment complex. He knows that by searching every apartment in the complex they'd probably find enough to evict half of them. But the landlord would go bankrupt by doing so, so instead he just evicts people who are getting constantly reported by the other neighbors. It looks good, scares the rest of the "hidden" violators into behaving at least a little more cautious, and pleases the "good" residents that something is being done.

Well, SE is our landlord. They can monitor us all they want, kick us for whatever they want. But even though most of their tenants are cooking meth, they're only gonna get rid of those Heisenbergs who are obvious about it and get complained about.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-02-01 11:06:28
Link | Citer | R

I don't know about that tbh. Too early to say, but who knows.
I openly admit to using Tako, Superwarp, Ezfarm and all other stuff. Even left Tako running in town by mistake so no doubt got reported few times for that. Never been temp-banned for botting/cheating, the last temp ban I got was cos i said *** in yell.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-01 11:07:30
Link | Citer | R

as i said on this very page, they do not ban every offender and it's incredibly foolish to consider these tools safe just because you have not yet been banned for them personally
[+]
 Odin.Botosi
Serveur: Odin
user: Botosi
By Odin.Botosi 2020-02-01 11:24:06
Link | Citer | R

Any program/add-on I use I just assume to be detectable to some degree. I hope that it doesn’t bite me in the *** one day, but I’d rather have fun for a short time than have a mediocre time for a long time. The QoL improvements from things like ja0wait, gm mode, superwarps to me make the game actually playable.

I’ll keep rolling the dice and play the game as long as they let me and have fun doing so. If they wanna lose ~$38 a month because they don’t like me improving my gameplay that’s their choice and I’ll respect that. Will probably improve my RL if I ever do get banned anyways.
[+]
By huttburt<3 2020-02-01 11:29:15
Link | Citer | R

I can't get tako to work when I download it. anybody have instructions?
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-02-01 11:30:27
Link | Citer | R

I start to wonder if there are people who actually think Multiboxing should be against TOS. Random Asura shouts by some new guy spam-yelling that all windower users and multi-boxers will burn in hell (not making this up, he’s hilarious). Eijin got some really bad Anti-Box feedback on one of his YouTube videos and now we have this thread here...

I very strongly doubt that SE cares that we do it, much less TOS because it brings them more money but does this really bother people? Is this a thing?

Edit:@Botosi
Well said
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-01 11:37:08
Link | Citer | R

The game is entirely shaped around the fact that multiboxes exist... it would be a very different landscape (probably honestly actually dead, but maybe not) if they found a way to enforce one account per player.

So you could understand the fantasy world those kind of people think we'd be in and why they're unhappy.

There would be more player interaction (dur, it's an mmo) if everyone wasn't their own party and literally never needs to interact with anyone for anything.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-02-01 11:39:44
Link | Citer | R

Even though this is an MMO, I kinda hate playing with the majority of the server I am on. They are so *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Make me pretty sad.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2020-02-01 11:47:24
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Just make a character named unbannable. Then you will be invincible.
Facts
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2020-02-01 11:50:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Could you get banned on here too pls? thanks.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-02-01 12:10:25
Link | Citer | R

So, if I understand right, someone who uses HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE stuff got banned like the retard he is, his friends, just as HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, got the same treatment and all that crossed his mind was to come here, create a neutrally titled thread to make people think that players who aren't HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE may have been banned, too?

Some of you are way more HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE than we thought. I'll check my emails but if none of my accounts was banned, you must be REALLY stupid to have been banned.

Ok, ZERO ban. Anyone that got banned and who is surprised/complaining, you are the definition of stupid. We don't want to hear from you, just go away.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By zigzagzig 2020-02-01 12:25:22
Link | Citer | R

They testing auto ban for Multibox and /follow .... also for standing AFK longtime...

They need to free some serveur ressource :)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-01 12:40:33
Link | Citer | R

That would depend on how client/server work. If you can warp to anywhere regardless you having the warp locked or no, that would mean the actual restriction is inside client and not server otherwise you would just be denied to warp. For example, gil checks are server side. Even if you send a packet asking to warp to any place, server will check the actual currency stored in server to determine if you can warp or no. Regardless of vanilla warp or addon warp, both will be denied if there is no gil so thats a server verification. Superwarp could warp with no costs but most likely because it wasnt a warp but a POS hack.

Now if the previous statement is true, the only way for them to notice you warped to an unavailable place is if server could collect that info from client and store it so they can compare: X player warped to a Y place but at that time that place was unavailable to him so he cheated.

On the other side, some info are just in server. For example accolades. You can alter your memory to add infinite accolade but at some point client will ask server the actual accolade. As that number is stored in server and not client, your real accolade will be updated.

When its said some addon is detectable most likely is not because of the effect but because some of those packets sent dont seems natural to the game, like using some calculation that differ from the ones game create. It seems more feasible to detect third party tools by automatically check packets sent than actually collecting every player game progress to see if said action was ilegal at given time.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15