Multi-Box Temp Bans?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Multi-Box Temp Bans?
Multi-Box Temp Bans?
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15
By Draylo 2020-03-26 03:22:00
Link | Citer | R

Yes there is an autoban you just don't understand how it works. The most likely method is it catches names and puts them in a list after they commit the offense. A real GM selects people through the list at a specified threshold and then executes the suspension.

I can't say if its still going on, but it certainly was not that long ago. People are still getting suspensions, you really think an actual GM sits in the game and monitors people and says "aha! Youre banned!" They don't have the resources for that anymore.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-26 03:23:32
Link | Citer | R

That's the literal definition of what an autoban ISN'T

Automated banning implies detection and ban at any time of day.

Now you could say, it's automated (rng basically) if you get chosen from the list of detected cheaters. That's not the same thing. And likely still requires a humans approval.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-26 03:28:31
Link | Citer | R

An autoban is an automated system that detects something and executes a ban on its own. Detecting something and handing it off for review, as in explicitly not automatically, is not an autoban.

The only other way to interpret autoban is as to describe an action that is automatically a ban.... as autoban stands for automatic/automated ban, which is not what you are attempting to describe.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-03-26 03:30:26
Link | Citer | R

yup. what you describe is a monitoring system, nothing more. It has preset triggers, and one when is flagged the offender is recorded. If there was no other aspect, no banning would happen. Its just observing and recording those observations.
By Draylo 2020-03-26 03:34:38
Link | Citer | R

It could be automated in the selection process as well, who knows? We do know they barely have the resources because they put none into this game. The point is, it isn't a GM that is looking at you doing illicit activities, its an automated program. Hence an autoban, we are just arguing over semantics.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-03-26 03:37:28
Link | Citer | R

I order my groceries online because being an epileptic I can't drive to the store. have for about 3 years now.

I browse the website, selecting the products I want. A list is then generated, and delivered to a personal shopping company. By your definition, the program that generates the list is an "autoshopper" because it made the list- the person who actually walks the aisles, fills the cart, and bags the groceries is irrelevant. Its all that program that made the list.

Its not semantics. Its proper use of wording for clarity of meaning.
By Draylo 2020-03-26 03:39:22
Link | Citer | R

You're literally arguing for the sake of arguing. Call it whatever you want, a GM is not watching and banning you. It is something you do causing a trigger than puts you on a list for the scheduled suspensions. It is still on-going, and you can name it what you like.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-26 03:39:39
Link | Citer | R

We are arguing over semantics because youre using an incorrect word to what youre describing. Its not an automated process start to finish, and requires manual oversight, hence it cannot be an autoban system. They have the staff to handle it manually, because they literally cannot ban for everything against ToS without closing down the game for good.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-26 03:40:34
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
You're literally arguing for the sake of arguing. Call it whatever you want, a GM is not watching and banning you. It is something you do causing a trigger than puts you on a list for the scheduled suspensions. It is still on-going, and you can name it what you like.

Yes, a GM is reviewing the listed infractions and banning you. Im pretty sure it would be against their own ToS for them not to be reviewed by a GM.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-26 03:41:18
Link | Citer | R

The difference being, if there was an autobanner, everyone would be ***. With whatever they're doing (overrides? approval via human? lottery? a couple get banned at 3am when the list is processed)

It is a semantic difference, but it's a big damn difference lol.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-03-26 03:51:06
Link | Citer | R

The process itself is automated, you can tell because in the past a GM took you into jail, read your offense and then suspended you. If an automated system is picking up on offenses and then later an unknown process is suspending you, what difference does it make? The final process can be automated as well, they could simply have it only suspend x amount of offenders per week.

If the act itself is punished by putting you on a list automatically, what exactly is a GM going to review? None of us can know the exact process unless you've worked there. You're literally arguing just to argue, we are talking about a system that is suspending people for things they weren't before. I swear people on this forum just love to be contrary, gotta love the boredom of this shutdown.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-26 03:56:08
Link | Citer | R

The process itself is automated, you can tell because in the past a GM took you into jail, read your offense and then suspended you. If an automated system is picking up on offenses and then later an unknown process is suspending you, what difference does it make? The final process can be automated as well, they could simply have it only suspend x amount of offenders per week.

If the act itself is punished by putting you on a list automatically, what exactly is a GM going to review? None of us can know the exact process unless you've worked there. You're literally arguing just to argue, we are talking about a system that is suspending people for things they weren't before. I swear people on this forum just love to be contrary, gotta love the boredom of this shutdown.

If you live in the EU, you can demand they give you all the information associated with your account, including reasoning for ban.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-03-26 04:10:04
Link | Citer | R

The reason is labeled botting/cheating, its written in every email and its incredibly vague. They probably don't even know why or what you did, only that you were on that list. It could be automated at the end too, I just think they might give an approval at the end but they aren't involved in the actual punishment process outside of that.
By Draylo 2020-03-26 04:12:05
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Did you got to jail when you got banned Draylo?

When they banned you from every forum for being annoying, what made you choose the name DirectX instead of the other one?
By Draylo 2020-03-26 04:24:48
Link | Citer | R

You're becoming a fonewear, Directx. I thought we were friends!

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-03-26 05:23:40
Link | Citer | R

If you were banned why are you still allowed to post? Aren't you breaking the rules?

Nothing you say hurts my feelings actually, but like a little bug you keep posting the same nonsense every thread, you're becoming fonewear
By Draylo 2020-03-26 05:28:19
Link | Citer | R

How terrible do you have to be to get banned from a forum? I've never had it happen, I can't even imagine multiple forums.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-03-26 05:54:53
Link | Citer | R

What makes you assume that? You're the one randomly bringing something up that has nothing to do with the current conversation. You look quite desperate. I guess you'll have to keep wondering because this will be the last time I respond to you on this.

If you're banned from the forums you aren't allowed to create new accounts, they told many others who did the same thing that they are to remain banned.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-03-26 06:06:59
Link | Citer | R

You'll have to find out when my book is released. Will you be the first to purchase it, Directx? I can sign a copy for you

Post deleted by User.
By Mattelot 2020-03-26 06:12:18
Link | Citer | R

I've never confirmed how bans work in FFXI but I did confirm in WoW from a friend who worked as a GM/moderator for quite a while. Their bans are automated based upon player reports. When you appeal, your case is "reviewed" by an entry level employee (glanced at) and they're trained to tell most people "the appropriate action has been taken" to fend off all those who cry "foul!" but were guilty and because most people are naive and even if innocent, will think "wow, I really must have done something"

How terrible do you have to be to get banned from a forum? I've never had it happen, I can't even imagine multiple forums.

Depends on the forum moderator. I know forums for big companies that are moderated by people who didn't even graduate high school and cherry pick who to infract. One guy calls people racist terms and nothing happens but another guy cracks a dad joke and gets banned.

Post deleted by User.
By Mattelot 2020-03-26 06:27:58
Link | Citer | R

It wouldn't surprise me if FFXI GMs were entry level, minimum wage jobs too. You get what you pay for.

I'm skeptical about GMs being able to "detect 3rd party tools" because of all the false positives I've read about.

I've never been legit banned from a game. I have been banned but that was a FPS game where each server was admin'd by actual players and there were admins who would ban people for killing them. This was late 90s but was still funny.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15