users online
Forum » FFXI » General » October 2019 Version Update
October 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12
By alamihgo 2019-10-10 09:46:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Braego said: »
RIP Spharai
Someone has to be on the bottom of the REMA totem pole. All things considered, I'm perfectly fine with this being the worst news of the MNKdate.

Asura.Saevel said: »
Any testing on the new fTP values for those updated WS's? Lots of people giving screenshot type numbers but no one posting estimated per-hit http://fTP.
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54087/updated-h2h-weapon-skills/
By volkom 2019-10-10 10:59:50
Link | Citer | R

I want to see some love for staff weaponskills and make them a viable option. maybe see an XI equivalent of this:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-10 12:14:52
Link | Citer | R

God Damn, I knew I was going to love 99 stack prize powders.

Even though the h2h update is pretty incredible, big winner is only spending 2 minutes in town to dump accolades vs 11.

.....now add an option on the sparks npc that just says "would you like one million gil for 99999 sparks".......
[+]
 Bahamut.Eternallight
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-10 12:20:31
Link | Citer | R

Wait, you mean you dont use the gob keys? ;)

(this is more of an inside joke.)
By FaeQueenCory 2019-10-10 13:08:10
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
They forgot to change the caption, it was the same one for last month's email announcing the Lilith BCNM.
Seems as though the section they were going to change the text for is about just the costume holloween event. Where up to 3 people can get their costumes on the mannequins next to the jelly king.

No new items relevant to that, and no new costumes means: nothing of value was lost.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-10-10 13:11:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Even though the h2h update is pretty incredible, big winner is only spending 2 minutes in town to dump accolades vs 11.

.....now add an option on the sparks npc that just says "would you like one million gil for 99999 sparks".......

The only problem is that this can make more evident how unbalanced gain exp regarding effort/gil and increase the chances of a nerf.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Eloc
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Eloc
By Leviathan.Eloc 2019-10-10 13:17:05
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Sterk said: »
Simple test with something like Spirits Within to see if /DRG gets the 7% WSD. Would do it myself, but I still haven't gone and unlocked DRG, lol.

Can confirm, /DRG is 7% WSD.

Atonement @3,000tp on Apex Bats, 5 WS each to confirm hate was capped.

PLD/WHM, No WSD Gear: 1547
PLD/WHM, Sulvia's Leggings +2 equipped: 1654

PLD/DRG, No WSD gear: 1655
PLD/DRG, Sulevia's Leggings +2 equipped: 1769
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2019-10-10 13:18:06
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

The only problem is that this can make more evident how unbalanced gain exp regarding effort/gil and increase the chances of a nerf.

you're not wrong, but at this point it's pretty much impossible to believe they don't know what's going on.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-10 13:19:12
Link | Citer | R

Gain-money is straight broken. I've said that for years. It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more broken than crour even dreamed of. They obviously give zero ***.

Shields are broken. Everyone is botting. There are literally hundreds of rmt.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-10-10 13:37:30
Link | Citer | R

They should have changed Gain-EXP to account for the change in prize powder. 5,000xp -> 20,000xp

In other news, my 2005 self just Q_Q'd at pickaxe, sickle, hatchet, & bunch of gysahl greens finally being made to stack to 99.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2019-10-10 14:11:58
Link | Citer | R

Anyone try out Monberaux yet?

I get that this update is actually good, but just curious if anyone has figured out how to get him and what he does? I heard he was going to operate like a chemist did in FF Tactics.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-10 14:12:43
Link | Citer | R

It's not possible. He's unobtainable until march.
[+]
 Asura.Synr
user: Syn
By Asura.Synr 2019-10-10 14:20:45
Link | Citer | R

Gain-money is straight broken. I've said that for years.

How is it straight broken? for most players it's max 2m per hour?

There are far more activities that are more lucrative with less effort. Besides, it's pretty much the only reliable way new/returning players in starter 117/119 gear can make any progress these days.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-10 14:24:55
Link | Citer | R

It's broken because it's highly exploitable by people like me.

I don't mind if they leave it as is, obviously. I'm just not naive to the situation.

A few things they could do so it doesn't hurt normies while still stopping me from getting a hundred mil.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-10-10 14:27:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Synr said: »
Gain-money is straight broken. I've said that for years.

How is it straight broken? for most players it's max 2m per hour?

There are far more activities that are more lucrative with less effort. Besides, it's pretty much the only reliable way new/returning players in starter 117/119 gear can make any progress these days.

Plenty of other ways to make gil. Salvage, ambuscade, dynamis, etc. Also, all of the methods i mentioned can make you a better player by improving your gear and/or weapons.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-10 14:29:26
Link | Citer | R

Its gil that comes from nothing though, rather than economic cycle with player trade.

Causes mega inflation.
[+]
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2019-10-10 14:37:58
Link | Citer | R

PSA: Inflation makes no difference in a closed economy.

Really, the only thing inflation hurts is people abusing sparks/accolades for gil. Trade doesn't get affected at all.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-10-10 14:42:32
Link | Citer | R

I think it's a welcome change, the hackers will finish dumping in like 2 minutes now instead of 5. or is it 1min instead of 3?
The rest will take close to ~50% longer to dump since they'll be dumping both sparks & accolades instead of just sparks now, but they'll spend less than half as long farming since they can just leave early to dump accolades and partial sparks instead.

I wouldn't be surprised if a vanilla player in an organized party could get 3~4m/hour now.
[+]
By Matic 2019-10-10 15:01:58
Link | Citer | R

I don't mind if they leave it as is, obviously. I'm just not naive to the situation.

A few things they could do so it doesn't hurt normies while still stopping me from getting a hundred mil.

I don't really play much anymore, so forgive my ignorance, but I am legit curious:

Surely you don't mean 100mil in one 4 hour Gain Exp session?

If you do in fact mean that, how is it accomplished? Multibox bot cleaving? Is that even a thing?
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-10 15:07:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Finbar said: »
PSA: Inflation makes no difference in a closed economy.

Really, the only thing inflation hurts is people abusing sparks/accolades for gil. Trade doesn't get affected at all.

Technically it also hurts people joining in, but thats not much of an issue with a 17 year old game lol
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-10 15:11:08
Link | Citer | R

Matic said: »

I don't really play much anymore, so forgive my ignorance, but I am legit curious:

Surely you don't mean 100mil in one 4 hour Gain Exp session?

If you do in fact mean that, how is it accomplished? Multibox bot cleaving? Is that even a thing?

If my math is right, each mob is worth about 300 sparks during gain exp, meaning you need about 7 mobs per shield (so each mob is like 3.3k gil)

That means if you are 6 botting, roughly 20k gil per kill.

You would still need 5k kills in 4 hours to hit 100m, which seems rather impossible, but perhaps 100m per month only farming gain exp events?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-10 15:16:33
Link | Citer | R

I'm more than 6 botting. and 100m was lowballing it per event tbh.

4/5m per hour per character (it will be even higher/faster this month because double accos starts on the 11th... dear god) ((and even higher/faster than that, because of ambuscade v1 literal free money))

Double-Accolades-Gain-Money is "woah"
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-10 15:18:19
Link | Citer | R

you are forgetting accolades, which are worth as much as sparks and accumulate much faster.. plus now they cash out almost instantly even for people without tools because se are tards
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2019-10-10 15:22:31
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin said: »
Anyone try out Monberaux yet?

I get that this update is actually good, but just curious if anyone has figured out how to get him and what he does? I heard he was going to operate like a chemist did in FF Tactics.
Won't be until March or so before anyone has the chance to get him. His cipher is for 480 deeds, and if someone was getting all 4 every month since release back in April... March is the earliest you can hit that.
By Chimerawizard 2019-10-10 15:34:22
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Eternallight said: »
If my math is right, each mob is worth about 300 sparks during gain exp, meaning you need about 7 mobs per shield (so each mob is like 3.3k gil
Unity members receive a +5% bonus to accolades gained for each ranking below 1st, with Rank 11 receiving +50%.
300 sparks + 450 accolades. or 7500gil/kill.
100m gil/6characters/7500(gil/kill) = 2,222 kills in 4hours to make 100m gil.
2222/4/60= 9.26 kills/min (10.6 kills/min if assuming 30min for dump/regroup)
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2019-10-10 15:44:49
Link | Citer | R

I'm more than 6 botting. and 100m was lowballing it per event tbh.

4/5m per hour per character (it will be even higher/faster this month because double accos starts on the 11th... dear god) ((and even higher/faster than that, because of ambuscade v1 literal free money))

Double-Accolades-Gain-Money is "woah"

Is FFXI even profitable/competitive as a day job anymore? You'd have to sell like 400Mil a day to make an even halfway decent salary ($20/hr for an 8-hour day). I cant imagine that much gil is even bought per day, let alone all of the competition you'd have with the Chinese/other NA RMT's. I can only imagine the gil prices are going to go even lower now that powders are stackable.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-10 15:46:36
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »
Bahamut.Eternallight said: »
If my math is right, each mob is worth about 300 sparks during gain exp, meaning you need about 7 mobs per shield (so each mob is like 3.3k gil
Unity members receive a +5% bonus to accolades gained for each ranking below 1st, with Rank 11 receiving +50%.
300 sparks + 450 accolades. or 7500gil/kill.
100m gil/6characters/7500(gil/kill) = 2,222 kills in 4hours to make 100m gil.
2222/4/60= 9.26 kills/min (10.6 kills/min if assuming 30min for dump/regroup)

+1 for math. <3
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-10 15:50:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Botosi said: »
Is FFXI even profitable/competitive as a day job anymore?

It is not. It's been gutted, significantly this year. I don't even want to bother anymore.... but... it's free money, literally free money for doing absolutely (almost) nothing. it would be incredibly stupid to stop getting free money, even as low as its gotten.

People with shields are selling gil as low as (maybe lower) than 33 cents per mil. It's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2019-10-10 15:55:27
Link | Citer | R

Did this on Pup/war solo with trusts
Used Xiucoatl path C
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12