October 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-10-15 14:28:44
Link | Citer | R

Lol, I completely forget that gilfinder even exists until I'm reminded by the occasional wiki page. Thief's design cocept is just quirky. We're supposed to be enmity masters, but we really aren't, and enmity control is too niche of a concept to matter much anymore. We're supposed to be sneaky and steal stuff, but we have nothing to steal. Our affinity for evasion and self preservation is still there, and there's always treasure hunter too. The fact that we have that utility alone is a boon. Higher treasure hunter levels really do visibly affect drops. You can see the difference in reasonable sample sizes from omen crystal farming runs and similar events.

Quote:
Thief, more than any other job, probably has the most useless JAs and Job traits.

Yet its still in a good position lol.

That's because the only thing thief ever really needed was better gear options, and we've recieved that in spades. Triple attack is one hell of a job trait too. Warrior can reach 100% Double Attack, but in my regular tp set I have 58% triple attack, which is even more extra attacks. Add in the rudra's storm update, the 1 handed accuracy/attack calculation update, dagger skill raised from A to A+, the fact we have good artifact and relic upgrades, can wear malignance gear and gere ring, etc etc... and yeah, I'm happy. Thief's biggest negative stigma was that we fed dangerous mobs too much TP without contibuting enough the kill speed. Ever since we've gotten past that stage the job's just gotten better. There's a bunch of garbage in the abilities, but the rest of the changes make up for it. They could literally just split accompolice and collaborater when it comes our turn and I wouldn't feel slighted.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-15 14:30:34
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, id be okay if they got rid of the various useless abilities and put nothing in their place, if only to remove the clutter that is my JA menu when thf/dnc or thf/war lol.
By Aerix 2019-10-15 14:33:10
Link | Citer | R

THF should get a JA called "Sleight of Hand" that transfers all of the trash items from our inventories to the enemy's. That'll stun the mob until it figures out how to clear out its inventory.
[+]
 Bahamut.Eternallight
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-15 14:33:28
Link | Citer | R

Aerix said: »
THF should get a JA called "Sleight of Hand" that transfers all of the trash items from our inventories to theirs. That'll stun the mob until it figures out how to clear out its inventory.

LOL

Alternatively, it should let you place a grenade item on them (you remember those things right? Those throwing items that were largely always useless).

If successful you lose one of them and it deals its base damage x 100 (maybe x1000?) to the enemy.

Id love it.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-10-15 15:33:15
Link | Citer | R

Just throw thf away... trash job
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-10-15 16:37:58
Link | Citer | R

Artsncrafts said: »
FaeQueenCory said: »
Asura.Meliorah said: »
congrats I can put reddit above this cease-pool.

Well maybe you should define what the bar for "good" is

edit: Also, its cool to bash reddit? what is this 4chan? If you want to throw reddit under the bus atleast try to have a discussion. Everyone here just wants to show how cool they are because they are smarter than everyone else. OK
Reddit *** sucks

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2019-10-15 17:46:24
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
People were saying on page 7/8 that DRK hasn't had its boosts yet. I thought DRK was one of the first to get updated? They got PDL traits and more attack?

eh, it wasn't a specific DRK update as the update applied to multiple jobs but DRK getting the most benefit.

the damage limit + update notes
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-10-15 18:08:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Artsncrafts said: »
FaeQueenCory said: »
Asura.Meliorah said: »
congrats I can put reddit above this cease-pool.

Well maybe you should define what the bar for "good" is

edit: Also, its cool to bash reddit? what is this 4chan? If you want to throw reddit under the bus atleast try to have a discussion. Everyone here just wants to show how cool they are because they are smarter than everyone else. OK
Reddit *** sucks

Yet this place manages to have the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE arugements about topics that in realistic envionrments never even matter. Then you have some *** self-censoring themselves like mom is looking over their internet history trying to act like mr. internet tough guy defending the arguement, it's 2019 mom knows you say ***.

At least reddit can have an arugement that is somewhat validated by whatever topic they're bitching about while some guy devours his own fecese in the corner.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-10-15 20:33:15
Link | Citer | R

For THF things what I want:

Subtle blow natively.

Hide at a 2min cooldown and drops 100% of enmity no matter if it makes you invis or not.

Trick Attack transfers 10+% of current enmity to target in addition to damage of the attack it's used on.

Now we can play the enmity game.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-15 20:36:35
Link | Citer | R

Very much needs more range on accomplice/collaborator. And about 50% current transfer to matter even a little bit. And that only works if collab/accomplice takes enmity from the whole party, not single target. or overcaps target for a duration to exceed 60 seconds.

Native subtle blow though, that'd be loverly.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-10-15 20:38:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Very much needs more range on accomplice/collaborator. And about 50% current transfer to matter even a little bit. And that only works if collab/accomplice takes enmity from the whole party, not single target. or overcaps target for a "duration" to exceed 60 seconds.

Native subtle blow though, that'd be loverly.

According to bgwiki Collab with the Empy head is 40% of VE/CE at a 12.6' range. Would be able to juggle hate off another DD fairly well that way, and using TA keep hate off yourself.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-15 20:40:06
Link | Citer | R

You could steal 100% of a DD enmity and they would already be recapped before the cooldown came off.

How long does it take for a melee (already fighting) to recap from a full enmity reset. 20 seconds? (I honestly don't know) The game is SO MUCH FASTER than cooldowns allow for. maybe haste should affect job abilities... let's go full bananas.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-10-15 20:51:53
Link | Citer | R

You could steal 100% of a DD enmity and they would already be recapped before the cooldown came off.

How long does it take for a melee (already fighting) to recap from a full enmity reset. 20 seconds? (I honestly don't know) The game is SO MUCH FASTER than cooldowns allow for. maybe haste should affect job abilities... let's go full bananas.

Have you not played endgame in the last 3 years? The only content you're likely capping enmity on is wave 3 bosses. Collab/Hide/TA tweaks could just make it so tanks have an easier time on enmity, since DD's can spike harder than tanks in some cases.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-15 21:19:06
Link | Citer | R

I haven't done anything at all that isn't shoutbuscade since spring '17

Suppose it's more accurate to say "higher than tank" than "cap"

If VE cap is 30k and you only have to do 25k to hit that you cap VE in less than 1 ws.
If CE cap is 30k and you need 100k to hit that, it takes 2 weaponskills.

That means you cap in less than 10 seconds. (before accounting for the bard songs that everyone has now) So.... 20 seconds?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-10-15 21:32:08
Link | Citer | R

I haven't done anything at all that isn't shoutbuscade since spring '17

Suppose it's more accurate to say "higher than tank" than "cap"

If VE cap is 30k and you only have to do 25k to hit that you cap VE in less than 1 ws.

Good tanks can keep hate on most content these days, because the multiplier of +/- enmity is massive now. Top tier DD's and not as good tanks could use hate control, or wave 3 boss where you can still get DD's to hit enmity cap. It's not huge, but it's got its place, and fits the THF niche.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-10-23 01:14:41
Link | Citer | R

The singular most common strategy in FF11 has been "kill it before it kills you." If you aren't killing fast, you're dealing more hits, meaning the boss gets TP faster, and more TP moves means you die. Prior to the update MNK wasn't feeding TP, making their hits effectively "free" --- but your buddy WARs and DRKs were doing more hits because MNK was slowing the fight down. This actually posed the risk of making fights MORE DANGEROUS, not because MNK was feeding TP, but because it gave the other DDs extra time to feed TP.

This is despite MNK being a safe choice on its own.

WARs and DRKs played to this dominant strategy -- the "kill fast" strategy -- meaning they were top-tier. MNK played to the "kill safe" strategy, which is generally perfectly valid, but sticking a single MNK in a "kill fast" setup actively hurt the setup while also not being enough to constitute a "kill safe" setup. This meant that people thought MNK sucked, when in reality MNK just didn't fit into the western "kill fast" meta.

Giving MNK this DPS buff makes the job way more flexible, and now you can stick MNKs in the same groups as WAR and DRK, allowing the best of both worlds ("kill fast" and "kill safe").

TL;DR the main reason MNK sucked was because of WAR and DRK.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12