Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
First Page 2 3 ... 186 187 188 ... 198 199 200
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-17 17:56:45
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
Nausi said: »
Just watched the whole clip. In no way does he admit to a quid pro quo.

facts I don't like and headline bait strikes again.

It's the 2nd video, the one with the 1:38 length.

“I have news for everybody: get over it,” Mulvaney said, in response to ABC’s Jon Karl, who noted that what Mulvaney had just described was exactly the sort of “quid pro quo” arrangement that Trump has repeatedly denied. “There is going to be political influence in foreign policy.”
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-10-17 18:00:55
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Can we take a step back for a sec? I know I've asked this in the past, but I've rarely received a straight answer.

What do you leftists actually think will come of this? Not in a "har dee har popcorn lolz Trump in trouble" kind of way, I mean the actual outcome. If it's too hard to put together a rational thought sequence, you can choose from a scale of 1 (The same thing that has always happened, i.e. next to nothing) to 10 (Trump thrown out of office).
Well, impeached in the house for sure.

What the dems need to do is peel enough GOP senators away from Trump to show bipartisan disgust. I don't believe a conviction in the senate will happen.

What the dems want is a weakened GOP leading to a dem sweep in 2020.

Not going to give odds.
By Viciouss 2019-10-17 18:01:14
Link | Citer | R

Nausi is going to jump through hoops trying to deny Mulvaney said something so clear, even when second guessed by reporters.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-10-17 18:02:14
Link | Citer | R

Mulvaney acknowledges Ukraine aid was withheld to boost political probe

"I have news for everybody: Get over it. There's going to be political influence in foreign policy," the acting White House chief of staff told reporters.

CNN
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-10-17 18:24:41
Link | Citer | R

It wouldn't surprise me if Trump asks Mulvaney to resign for this, if not just fire him outright. He admitted everything.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-17 18:48:01
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Can we take a step back for a sec? I know I've asked this in the past, but I've rarely received a straight answer.

What do you leftists actually think will come of this? Not in a "har dee har popcorn lolz Trump in trouble" kind of way, I mean the actual outcome. If it's too hard to put together a rational thought sequence, you can choose from a scale of 1 (The same thing that has always happened, i.e. next to nothing) to 10 (Trump thrown out of office).
Well, impeached in the house for sure.

What the dems need to do is peel enough GOP senators away from Trump to show bipartisan disgust. I don't believe a conviction in the senate will happen.

What the dems want is a weakened GOP leading to a dem sweep in 2020.

Not going to give odds.

Well, at least you had the guts to go on the record with a prediction. Kudos.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-17 18:58:19
Link | Citer | R

Just watched the whole clip. In no way does he admit to a quid pro quo.

facts I don't like and headline bait strikes again.

It's the 2nd video, the one with the 1:38 length.

“I have news for everybody: get over it,” Mulvaney said, in response to ABC’s Jon Karl, who noted that what Mulvaney had just described was exactly the sort of “quid pro quo” arrangement that Trump has repeatedly denied. “There is going to be political influence in foreign policy.”
Oh the media says it, it must be true.

Mulvaney was conceptually talking about using foreign aid as a carrot and getting things for it that may possibly have political value in them.

That happens in every presidency. It is not illegal not is it impeachable. You do need to get over it.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-10-17 19:00:49
Link | Citer | R

Mulvaney was conceptually talking about using foreign aid as a carrot and getting things for it that may possibly have political value in them.

Not even remotely close to the truth. He directly cites the DNC server and the 2016 election, a conspiracy theory. These are the hoops I was talking about.
By Nausi 2019-10-17 19:01:17
Link | Citer | R

Biden is on tape bragging about his corruption. The president has an obligation to investigate, regardless of if it benefits him politically.

He is not obligated to ignore it because his opponents are off limits.
By Viciouss 2019-10-17 19:14:28
Link | Citer | R

Regurgitating the same conspiracy over and over still hasn't made it true.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-10-17 19:42:03
Link | Citer | R

OK, transcript:

MICK MULVANEY: Did [Trump] also mention to me in the past the corruption related to the DNC server? Absolutely! No question about that. But that's it! And that's why we held up the money!

ABC NEWS'S JONATHAN KARL: So the demand for an investigation into the Democrats was part of the reason that he ordered to withhold funding to Ukraine?

MICK MULVANEY: The look back to what happened in 2016 certainly was part of the thing that he was worried about in corruption with that nation. And that is absolutely appropriate.

KARL: That was a factor in withholding the money?

MULVANEY: Yeah. Which ultimately then flowed.... We knew that that money either had to go out the door by the end of September or we had to have a really, really good reason not to do it — and that was the legality of the issue.

KARL: Let's be clear. What you just described is a quid pro quo. Funding will not flow unless the investigation into the Democratic server happened as well.

MULVANEY: We do that all the time with foreign policy. [...] What did [recently resigned Pompeo deputy Michael] McKinley say yesterday? McKinley said yesterday that he was really upset with the political influence in foreign policy. And I have news for everybody. Get over it. There is going to be political influence in foreign policy. That is going to happen. Elections have consequences. And foreign policy is going to change from the Obama administration to the Trump administration. And what you're seeing now, I believe, is a group of mostly career politicians, career bureaucrats, who are saying you know what, I don't like President Trump's politics, so I'm going to participate in this witch hunt that they're having on the Hill.

TLDR: We did crimes, get over it.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-10-17 19:47:31
Link | Citer | R

Oh **** he's already walking it back!!! Or trying to!!!

This is breaking news and not finished breaking yet.

I guess he figured that "we did crimes, get over it." was not the best defense.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-17 19:48:27
Link | Citer | R

No crimes there whatsoever.

Just more lefty pipe dreams.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-10-17 19:51:53
Link | Citer | R

He states explicitly a quid pro quo.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-10-17 20:02:46
Link | Citer | R

Now its gone from "He didn't say that" to "no crime." I've always said follow the money, this is where we are now.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2019-10-17 20:05:44
Link | Citer | R

Thought this was about Cummings
By Viciouss 2019-10-17 20:08:30
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »

Thought this was about Cummings

Of course you did.
By Nausi 2019-10-17 20:15:59
Link | Citer | R

No. he doesn’t.

Using foreign aid as leverage isnt illegal. Literally EVERY president does it.

Lime I said just more lefty pipe dreams.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-17 20:16:08
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
I've always said follow the money

You never said that once when it came to the Clintons.

Yeah, because y'all go absolutely nuts at the drop of a hat, long before all the pertinent info comes through.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-10-17 20:18:28
Link | Citer | R

I've always said follow the money

You never said that once when it came to the Clintons.

Yeah, because y'all go absolutely nuts at the drop of a hat, long before all the pertinent info comes through.

Don't care about the Clintons at all, another failed attempt at deflection.

What "pertinent info?" We have Mulvaney in a press conference clearly stating they held up the money because Trump wanted an investigation, there is nothing else we need. His comments are not being taken out of context, the reporters were clearly giving him a chance to clarify, and he doubled down.
By Viciouss 2019-10-17 20:20:59
Link | Citer | R

No. he doesn’t.

Using foreign aid as leverage isnt illegal. Literally EVERY president does it.

Lime I said just more lefty pipe dreams.

Another unsourced conspiracy theory. GOP senators are already coming out rebuking Mulvaney. Admitting a quid pro quo is a great defense strategy, said no one ever.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-17 20:26:29
Link | Citer | R

Even if Trump came out and said “No money unless you investigate Biden”, that isn’t illegal.
By Nausi 2019-10-17 20:27:59
Link | Citer | R

Biden is on tape bragging about his crimes.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-17 20:40:22
Link | Citer | R

Literally EVERY president does it.

That is crazy talk. Literally every president seeks out contributions from foreign nationals to sway the result of a US election? Prove it by means other than flapping gums.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-17 20:40:59
Link | Citer | R

Biden is on tape bragging about his crimes.

...more deflection.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-10-17 20:42:09
Link | Citer | R

The best part about the fake spin is Mulvaneys comments today focused on the debunked DNC server conspiracy, not Biden.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-17 20:42:51
Link | Citer | R

Now its gone from "He didn't say that" to "no crime." I've always said follow the money, this is where we are now.

I think we are currently at the "but what about Clinton, but what about Obama, but what about Biden" stage.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-17 20:51:23
Link | Citer | R

Don't care about the Clintons at all, another failed attempt at deflection.

Vic.exe executes "deflection accusation". It's not very effective.

...more deflection.

Ozment steals Vic.exe code. It's not very effective.

What "pertinent info?" We have Mulvaney in a press conference clearly stating they held up the money because Trump wanted an investigation, there is nothing else we need. His comments are not being taken out of context, the reporters were clearly giving him a chance to clarify, and he doubled down.

This is stupid reasoning. People often say things that they don't mean and/or things that can be misconstrued. From Mulvaney's latest comments, it makes sense what he was trying to say.

Beyond that, unless there is proof that he did what you think he was saying he did (protip: there probably isn't), it's completely inadmissible because he wouldn't testify to it under oath.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-17 20:53:08
Link | Citer | R

I think we are currently at the "but what about Clinton, but what about Obama, but what about Biden" stage.

You weren't here, but they were crying about us bringing it up back when it was actually happening, too. If they would ever admit that there was wrongdoing, we wouldn't need to point it out constantly.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-17 20:57:05
Link | Citer | R

Thread Title: Random Politics & Religion

Topic turns to anything but Trump: WAHHHHHHHH! DEFLECTION!
First Page 2 3 ... 186 187 188 ... 198 199 200