Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
First Page 2 3 ... 185 186 187 ... 198 199 200
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-17 14:23:55
Link | Citer | R

"Misleading", ha. You thought it wasn't an "anonymous source" because it was reported by BBC. What's misleading about my characterization of your ignorance?
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-17 14:29:28
Link | Citer | R

He can’t handle the embarrassment of being so wrong so he tried to social construct it out of existence.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-17 14:33:44
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
He can’t handle the embarrassment of being so wrong so he tried to social construct it out of existence.

The only things being socially constructed out of existence are the many false claims you have been making. They're very easy to debunk.
By Nausi 2019-10-17 14:42:06
Link | Citer | R

Alternate headline:

TURKEY IS INTERFERING IN OUR ELECTION BY CAVING TO TRUMPS DEMANDS.

INPEACH!
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-17 14:42:46
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »

The only things being socially constructed out of existence are the many false claims you have been making. They're very easy to debunk.
You havnt debunked anything. Just pretended to.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-17 14:53:09
Link | Citer | R

The acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney admitted on Thursday that President Donald Trump withheld foreign aid in order to get Ukraine’s help in the U.S. election.

If you click on the link, there are videos of him stating this.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-17 14:57:16
Link | Citer | R

Wrong. Mulvaney doesn’t admit to a quid pro quo. What did he get for withholding the aid that was already flowing to ukraine?
By Nausi 2019-10-17 14:59:45
Link | Citer | R

Please point to the part of the transcript where there’s a quid pro quo?
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-17 15:06:30
Link | Citer | R

Gosh imagine pinning all your hopes on someone claiming a presidential letter is written like a 10 year old, only to have it totally work and bring a ceasefire.

How embarrassing life is for lefties today.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-17 15:20:03
Link | Citer | R

Gosh imagine pinning all your hopes on someone claiming a presidential letter is written like a 10 year old, only to have it totally work and bring a ceasefire.

How embarrassing life is for lefties today.

Better yet, imagine being provided a link showing confirmation of the Quid Pro Quo and sticking your fingers in your ear screaming lalalalala.

Now where are those links you were going to provide that substantiated your claims in the previous posts? Maybe check in that embarrassing life folder?
By Nausi 2019-10-17 15:27:46
Link | Citer | R

Thats not what he said. Your article is flat out wrong.

There was no admission to a quid pro quo. AND you’re incapable of pointing to it in the transcript (because it didn’t happen).

Imagine having to deflect to literal fake headlines because Trumps victory in Turkey today is so awesome.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-10-17 15:34:22
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Viciouss said: »
As expected, spin mode is on.
Says the one with Master Rank of this trait.

Skull, where ya been the past month? Stick around for a while!
The *** going on out there being regurgitated in here without any thought to doubt CNN and NBC is too much to handle.

Smart people turn to complete thoughtless dumb *** just regurgitating what CNN tells them.

NOW EXCUSE ME AS I TURN FOX ON!

(JK, I don't watch or listen to Fox News)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-17 15:35:45
Link | Citer | R

There was no admission to a quid pro quo. AND you’re incapable of pointing to it in the transcript (because it didn’t happen).

Imagine having to deflect to literal fake headlines because Trumps victory in Turkey today is so awesome.

Then don't read the article, watch the video interviews. He states it quite clearly.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-10-17 15:36:51
Link | Citer | R

That is 100% false. There is a lot actually, and it continues to pour in. Just because you choose not to see it, doesn't mean it that it doesn't exist.
Same could be said about previous president, but Biases are biases, so clearly, here we are, one side playing by the rules, the other making up transcripts then calling it satire.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-10-17 15:38:49
Link | Citer | R

Gotta love those anonymous sources. Funny how so many of them just happen to have left-promoting "bombshells" to divulge.
And how convenient to when they come out too.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-10-17 15:41:13
Link | Citer | R

What people need to realize is that no president will ever be removed from office while his own party's support is still high. It would be political suicide for any senator in that party to vote to convict. So yeah, unless your "bombshells" trigger a massive exodus of support from Trump's own base, you have nothing. So far, not only has Republican support hardly budged in the last month, but independent support has hardly budged. Congratufreakinglations, you did it.
I would also point out that no president has ever been removed from office.

This will be the very first time!
Yes yes....and the earth is flat....
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-10-17 15:44:12
Link | Citer | R

What people need to realize is that no president will ever be removed from office while his own party's support is still high. It would be political suicide for any senator in that party to vote to convict. So yeah, unless your "bombshells" trigger a massive exodus of support from Trump's own base, you have nothing. So far, not only has Republican support hardly budged in the last month, but independent support has hardly budged. Congratufreakinglations, you did it.
I would also point out that no president has ever been removed from office.
Nixon removed himself. Does that count?
By Nausi 2019-10-17 16:38:45
Link | Citer | R

Then don't read the article, watch the video interviews. He states it quite clearly.
No, he doesn’t. He states that politics are a factor in foreign policy. Mulvaney is stating that money is/was a consideration the president has within his foreign policy.

That is neither illegal nor a quid pro quo. We use money as a carrot in our foreign policy all the time.

Besides, Biden is on tape bragging about his corruption. the President is obligated to look into it.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-10-17 17:09:40
Link | Citer | R

Dems do not see the big play here I think. Trump just got them all to support a war.... The party of antiwar now fighting to deploy keep troops in Syria. Watch Trump turn around and say ok we will keep them there or add more that's what you wanted. He's the guy that wants to end wars and now dems are fighting for one....

Genius..
By Nausi 2019-10-17 17:16:32
Link | Citer | R

Lefties salivating over this is hilarious. Schiff and Pelosi know they are about to be implicated in the biggest scandal in us history.

All roads lead to Obama and the dems.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-17 17:21:53
Link | Citer | R

Lefties salivating over this is hilarious. Schiff and Pelosi know they are about to be implicated in the biggest scandal in us history.

All roads lead to Obama and the dems.

Righties deflecting over all this is even more hilarious. Trump is toast, but let's deflect to Schiff, oh wait, no...Pelosi. Let's deflect to Obama instead.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-17 17:25:14
Link | Citer | R

Can we take a step back for a sec? I know I've asked this in the past, but I've rarely received a straight answer.

What do you leftists actually think will come of this? Not in a "har dee har popcorn lolz Trump in trouble" kind of way, I mean the actual outcome. If it's too hard to put together a rational thought sequence, you can choose from a scale of 1 (The same thing that has always happened, i.e. next to nothing) to 10 (Trump thrown out of office).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-17 17:26:46
Link | Citer | R

Another one bites the dust.
By Viciouss 2019-10-17 17:40:23
Link | Citer | R

So, I looked more into this "ceasefire agreement," and its remarkable how Team Trump is confused about how ceasefires actually work. Its not a difficult concept, generally two sides that are shooting at each other agree to stop said shooting.

Thats not what happened today. I can't find a single source that has the Kurds and Assad agreeing to Turkey's explicit withdrawal terms. Only that the Kurds accept the term that Turkey is going to stop shooting, and they want to evacuate their civilians. But there is nothing about them ceding land to the Turks. Assad is on the record today saying his forces are moving to meet the Turks, no mention of any withdrawal. In other words, Turkey has agreed to stop shooting for 120 hours to allow the Kurds and Assad to withdraw from the lands they are fighting over, which they have not agreed to do.

This is definitely being overhyped. Which I get, Trump is desperate for a win, no matter how minor. I doubt the 5 day agreement lasts for half that time, especially since there is still a lot of fighting in other cities.
By Nausi 2019-10-17 17:40:54
Link | Citer | R

Just watched the whole clip. In no way does he admit to a quid pro quo.

facts I don't like and headline bait strikes again.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-10-17 17:43:03
Link | Citer | R

Right? He is on video, admitting a quid pro quo. After receiving horrible backlash from within, he tries to clean it up later, but it doesn't matter. He is on the record admitting they held up the money because they wanted an investigation into Biden. Full stop.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-17 17:52:42
Link | Citer | R

Just watched the whole clip. In no way does he admit to a quid pro quo.

facts I don't like and headline bait strikes again.

It's the 2nd video, the one with the 1:38 length.
First Page 2 3 ... 185 186 187 ... 198 199 200