Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
First Page 2 3 ... 187 188 189 ... 198 199 200
By Viciouss 2019-10-17 20:57:27
Link | Citer | R

Bringing up the Clinton's is deflection, no matter how much you try to spin it. Especially since whatever conspiracy you are subscribing to involving their money is private money. The Ukraine aid is public money, spent by Congress, not the executive branch.

Secondly as I said, Mulvaney was given the chance to clarify his comments, he wasn't being baited or set up, he was being prompted to say exactly what he meant, nothing he said was misconstrued. He just blew a hole in Trump's legal defense.
By Viciouss 2019-10-17 20:58:42
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
Viciouss said: »
Nausi said: »
No crimes there whatsoever.

Just more lefty pipe dreams.

Now its gone from "He didn't say that" to "no crime." I've always said follow the money, this is where we are now.

I think we are currently at the "but what about Clinton, but what about Obama, but what about Biden" stage.

It's been that way for years, it's become incredibly easy to dismiss.
By Nausi 2019-10-17 21:03:55
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
He states explicitly a quid pro quo.
Literally EVERY president does it.

That is crazy talk. Literally every president seeks out contributions from foreign nationals to sway the result of a US election? Prove it by means other than flapping gums.
that wasn't my point, and you know it.

try harder.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-17 21:04:50
Link | Citer | R

What Mulvaney actually said was that the Trump administration had initially withheld funding from Ukraine for a variety of reasons, including the fact that Europe was not providing enough funding for military aid. Another reason, he said, was suspicion of past corruption in Ukraine — which included Ukraine’s possible role in interfering in the 2016 presidential election, including its possible possession of a Democratic National Committee server.

Mulvaney said: “The look back to what happened in 2016 certainly was part of the things [President Trump] was worried about in corruption with that nation. That is absolutely appropriate.”

When a reporter said that was a “quid pro quo,” Mulvaney objected that it was routine for the U.S. to withhold funding from foreign nations all the time. He gave an example from this week: the U.S. had withheld aid from the “Northern Triangle” nations — El Salvador, Honduras, and Guatemala — until they agreed to help stop migration.

Mulvaney later added: “The money held up had absolutely nothing to do with Biden.”
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-17 21:14:13
Link | Citer | R

Doesn't matter. They heard something the first time that resonated with their confirmation bias, and no amount of clarification will change their mind.

On that note, Obama believes there are 57 states because he said it once. He wasn't being baited or set up. Nothing he said was misconstrued. That blows a hole in his claims to any education he says he received.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-17 21:15:13
Link | Citer | R

Thats what happens when you gobble up all that facts I don't like propaganga. You just get fed what you're looking to hear.

which isn't the truth.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-10-17 21:17:10
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Doesn't matter. They heard something the first time that resonated with their confirmation bias, and no amount of clarification will change their mind.

On that note, Obama believes there are 57 states because he said it once. He wasn't being baited or set up. Nothing he said was misconstrued. That blows a hole in his claims to any education he says he received.
This is going to be the road to 2020, the liberal media is going to make it so the only people who believe them are devout leftists and they media is going to fill their head with enough lies to make them all violent radicals.
By Viciouss 2019-10-17 21:30:02
Link | Citer | R

OK, transcript:

MICK MULVANEY: Did [Trump] also mention to me in the past the corruption related to the DNC server? Absolutely! No question about that. But that's it! And that's why we held up the money!

ABC NEWS'S JONATHAN KARL: So the demand for an investigation into the Democrats was part of the reason that he ordered to withhold funding to Ukraine?

MICK MULVANEY: The look back to what happened in 2016 certainly was part of the thing that he was worried about in corruption with that nation. And that is absolutely appropriate.

KARL: That was a factor in withholding the money?

MULVANEY: Yeah. Which ultimately then flowed.... We knew that that money either had to go out the door by the end of September or we had to have a really, really good reason not to do it — and that was the legality of the issue.

KARL: Let's be clear. What you just described is a quid pro quo. Funding will not flow unless the investigation into the Democratic server happened as well.

MULVANEY: We do that all the time with foreign policy. [...] What did [recently resigned Pompeo deputy Michael] McKinley say yesterday? McKinley said yesterday that he was really upset with the political influence in foreign policy. And I have news for everybody. Get over it. There is going to be political influence in foreign policy. That is going to happen. Elections have consequences. And foreign policy is going to change from the Obama administration to the Trump administration. And what you're seeing now, I believe, is a group of mostly career politicians, career bureaucrats, who are saying you know what, I don't like President Trump's politics, so I'm going to participate in this witch hunt that they're having on the Hill.

TLDR: We did crimes, get over it.

This is the transcript, there are no other "interpretations." Thanks for posting it btw Chanti, it makes it easy to avoid changing his wording to fit a narrative. Which is what nausi is currently trying, and failing, to do.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-17 21:39:15
Link | Citer | R

/headdesk

Vic, it only matters if he actually meant to say what you think he said. You have no proof that he didn't misspeak. He would not repeat it under oath, so you effectively have political fodder but no real case.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-10-17 21:40:17
Link | Citer | R

Lying in state: Trump’s chief of staff confirms the president’s mendacity
N. Y. Daily News

Its a tabloid. They explain it in words of three syllables or less. Even republicans can understand it.

I think.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-17 21:42:31
Link | Citer | R

Its a tabloid.

A crappy one at that with an incredibly open display of bias. No thanks.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-10-17 21:53:14
Link | Citer | R

Oh, and about that ceasefire...

U.S. Says It Made 'Ceasefire' Deal in Syria But Turkey and Kurdish Forces Reject Claim
Newsweek
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-10-17 21:54:46
Link | Citer | R

Its a tabloid.
Its a tabloid. They explain it in words of three syllables or less. Even republicans can understand it.
I was wrong it seems.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-10-17 21:56:34
Link | Citer | R

/headdesk

Vic, it only matters if he actually meant to say what you think he said. You have no proof that he didn't misspeak. He would not repeat it under oath, so you effectively have political fodder but no real case.

Oh sure, as Mulvaney will spend the rest of his tenure trying to clean up his comments, hoping the misspoke defense will work, despite being given 3 chances to clarify, and using those chances to triple down, he totally misspoke! Nah, the case was already looking good before this admission, this only helps it. It's not like the Trump transcript of him asking for a political favor went away.
By Viciouss 2019-10-17 21:57:54
Link | Citer | R

Oh yea, I already pointed out how fake it is. The two sides that are shooting each other didn't agree to stop, they are still shooting as we speak.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-10-17 22:17:47
Link | Citer | R

Its a tabloid.
I was wrong it seems.

I can understand garbage, I just choose not to mire myself in it. You should learn to do the same.

You claim to be erudite, but you read the dumbest crap on the planet. Input affects output. Take your own bar up a few notches before going for the condescension approach.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-17 22:48:05
Link | Citer | R

Don't care about the Clintons at all, another failed attempt at deflection.

Vic.exe executes "deflection accusation". It's not very effective.

...more deflection.

Ozment steals Vic.exe code. It's not very effective.

What "pertinent info?" We have Mulvaney in a press conference clearly stating they held up the money because Trump wanted an investigation, there is nothing else we need. His comments are not being taken out of context, the reporters were clearly giving him a chance to clarify, and he doubled down.

This is stupid reasoning. People often say things that they don't mean and/or things that can be misconstrued.

So THAT'S the new ticket. "People say things they don't mean."

bwaahahahahahahahhahhahaha

Imagine that in a court of law. "Honor, your honor. I didn't mean to rape that poor elderly woman. It's so sad, but I didn't mean it. I should be let go because, just like Nausi explained, EVERYONE is doing it.
By Nausi 2019-10-17 22:51:28
Link | Citer | R

/headdesk

The reporter is creating his own narrative. It's another "gotcha" attempt over something that isn't even illegal. The full context of what Mulvaney was saying is clear to all but the ones that don't want to see it.

But what else should we expect from vic & co?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-17 22:51:29
Link | Citer | R

That is crazy talk. Literally every president seeks out contributions from foreign nationals to sway the result of a US election? Prove it by means other than flapping gums.

try harder.

No excuses, provide the proof. A link. ANYTHING. Did you get caught once again spreading false information that you cannot prove. Now THAT is facts I don't like. :)
By Josiahafk 2019-10-17 22:52:09
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
meanwhile Canadians go "WE ARE JEALOUS OF YOU AND WILL INSERT OUR NOSE INTO THINGS THAT DON'T MATTER TO US REALLY BUT WE WANT TO LOOK BETTER THAN YOU!!"
By Nausi 2019-10-17 22:54:19
Link | Citer | R

lefties are now conflating investigating interference in the 2016 election with investigating biden just to make one last grasp.

I guess they're admitting Biden was involved in the illegal spying.

We'll we certainly need to investigate that now that they've admitted it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-17 22:54:33
Link | Citer | R

What Mulvaney actually said was that the Trump administration...blah blah blah

What Mulvaney actually said was that Trump broke the law. He's gonna get dragged through so many courts leaving little orange skid marks wherever he goes.
By Nausi 2019-10-17 22:57:15
Link | Citer | R

try harder.

No excuses, provide the proof. A link. ANYTHING. Did you get caught once again spreading false information that you cannot prove. Now THAT is facts I don't like. :)
why do you think we hand out foreign aid? so we can get preferable behavior back.

And again asking Ukraine to investigate on tape corruption is not asking to interfere in a US election. Trump is obligated to investigate corruption by treaty.
By Nausi 2019-10-17 22:58:33
Link | Citer | R

What Mulvaney actually said was that the Trump administration...blah blah blah

What Mulvaney actually said was that Trump broke the law. He's gonna get dragged through so many courts leaving little orange skid marks wherever he goes.
I know you actually read what I wrote in the way you misquoted it.

So I'll post it for you again.

What Mulvaney actually said was that the Trump administration had initially withheld funding from Ukraine for a variety of reasons, including the fact that Europe was not providing enough funding for military aid. Another reason, he said, was suspicion of past corruption in Ukraine — which included Ukraine’s possible role in interfering in the 2016 presidential election, including its possible possession of a Democratic National Committee server.

Mulvaney said: “The look back to what happened in 2016 certainly was part of the things [President Trump] was worried about in corruption with that nation. That is absolutely appropriate.”

When a reporter said that was a “quid pro quo,” Mulvaney objected that it was routine for the U.S. to withhold funding from foreign nations all the time. He gave an example from this week: the U.S. had withheld aid from the “Northern Triangle” nations — El Salvador, Honduras, and Guatemala — until they agreed to help stop migration.

Mulvaney later added: “The money held up had absolutely nothing to do with Biden.”
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-17 23:01:48
Link | Citer | R

...but but Obama.

Still on that stage? So predictable.
By Nausi 2019-10-17 23:04:19
Link | Citer | R

...but but Obama.

When will you be getting outside your primative need for confirmation bias? Can we get an ETA?

Just trying to forecast how many times Im gonna have to repeat myself.
By Viciouss 2019-10-17 23:08:23
Link | Citer | R

We can keep posting the transcript, it's not a big deal. No amount of changing the context of the conversation to fit a fake narrative is going to work.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-10-17 23:09:10
Link | Citer | R

...but but Obama.

When will you be getting outside your primative need for confirmation bias? Can we get an ETA?

Just trying to forecast how many times Im gonna have to repeat myself.

Wait...I quoted Ravael, not you. Are you posting under 2 different names? Maybe you got confused and forgot to switch back?
By Viciouss 2019-10-17 23:09:38
Link | Citer | R

lefties are now conflating investigating interference in the 2016 election with investigating biden just to make one last grasp.

I guess they're admitting Biden was involved in the illegal spying.

We'll we certainly need to investigate that now that they've admitted it.

Reminder: This isn't actually happening.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 187 188 189 ... 198 199 200