Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2019-02-09 08:22:06
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Leviathan.Katriina said: »
RUN DRG DRG DNC RDM WHM

This setup was the fastest so far with Japanese~[6.5-7 on AVG] on VD.
Sleeping Adds, and "Sonic Thrust" the bombs whenever.

Debuffs: Angon, Box Step, Feather Step, Quickstep, Armor Break, Inundation, Distract, Dia III, Slow, Gelus Gambit.

Buffs: Haste Samba, Haste II, Attk Food [I used Rabbit Pie on DNC], Tellus, Boost STR, BarFira, BarParalyzra, Auspice, FireStorm, Regen, Stoneskin, Third Eye.

With RDM update now Sleepga lasts longer! and you must open with sleep-pull.

Make sure that DNC keeps all HP's above 50% for the HP steal move, gain Blink constantly, while the two DRGs rape it easy, with Umbra cycle.

This makes sense to me since DRG shines in lower buff situations and has free backup heals if the adds steal MP the mages, plus hate is really sloppy on the boss - one of those moves is hate reset for sure.

Every time he drops a bomb, hate is reset.

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
kishr said: »
Some *** head care to say a strat without saying ***?

Tank, DDx3, RDM/BLM, WHM

RDM opens with Sabo sleepga, and spends the entire fight rotating sleeps and dispelling/debuffing who the melee are fighting.

DD's setup a multi-step SC and execute it as well as they can.

Advantages go to melee that can cap their delay with only haste 2, or help others cap it. Like DNC with Haste Samba, DRG with their Wyvern, SAM Hasso, DRK Last Resort, or any DW job stacking extra dual wield.

Side advantage goes with jobs that can buff attack or reduce defense since buffs are scarce. So Warrior with breaks, SAM with breaks, DNC with steps, etc.

Any BRD, COR or GEO buffs will cause a full heal on the enemies, don't use them.

Don't forget SMN Sphere effects also break the NM.

For Red Mages out there, you can bind the little guys if you know a sleep is going to wear soon. Bind will last for ~1 minute though, so be aware.
By Nariont 2019-02-09 08:27:36
Link | Citer | R

Can also bind mega boss if things go south for several casts before he starts building resist
By Afania 2019-02-09 08:42:52
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
I did January with some WHMs that didn't really know what they were doing, and it was still a ~6-7min clear on VD. If you're actually wiping, then either the WHM's afk or there's more herpderping going on than just a lack of Divine Caress.

SimonSes said: »
You can say whatever you want, but it wont change my experience from January. Afania had exact same experience and finally started playing as whm to start winning.

Kyte is correct here, if pt use a safe and slow strategy aka "1 DD run out when blm die, brd and geo help with na" then most likely any whm without knowing ja can get a win.

But I wanted 3 min win instead of 6+ so geo brd DD, whm esuna or bust ;)
By SimonSes 2019-02-09 08:48:07
Link | Citer | R

I wish it only was ja. My whm couldnt even stay out of range to not be petrified. Another one couldnt understand that he needs to spam stona after every tp move (he had no idea about ja ofc). Last one was using Divine Caress with cursna after first AoE and refuse to acknowledge the fact that next tp moves are not curse but petrify.

I guess I'm unlucky.
[+]
By Afania 2019-02-09 09:04:51
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
I wish it only was ja. My whm couldnt even stay out of range to not be petrified. Another one couldnt understand that he needs to spam stona after every tp move (he had no idea about ja ofc). Last one was using Divine Caress with cursna after first AoE and refuse to acknowledge the fact that next tp moves are not curse but petrify.

I guess I'm unlucky.

Sounds like lack of communication in this case.
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-02-09 09:05:46
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
RUN DRG DRG DNC RDM WHM

This setup was the fastest so far with Japanese~[6.5-7 on AVG] on VD.
Sleeping Adds, and "Sonic Thrust" the bombs whenever.

Debuffs: Angon, Box Step, Feather Step, Quickstep, Armor Break, Inundation, Distract, Dia III, Slow, Gelus Gambit.

Buffs: Haste Samba, Haste II, Attk Food [I used Rabbit Pie on DNC], Tellus, Boost STR, BarFira, BarParalyzra, Auspice, FireStorm, Regen, Stoneskin, Third Eye.

With RDM update now Sleepga lasts longer! and you must open with sleep-pull.

Make sure that DNC keeps all HP's above 50% for the HP steal move, gain Blink constantly, while the two DRGs rape it easy, with Umbra cycle.

Just like last month's Vol 1 taught the community at large the value of Divine Caress, I feel like this month is going to be a tutorial on the value of DRG and DNC support abilities. ;)

And RDMs get to give their job adjustments a workout!

Very clever SE.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-09 10:08:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Siren.Affliction said: »
Anyone know what the blue proc does when you let sleeping mobs get hit by an exploding mine?

They are no longer sleeping...
No.
Yesterday it took us 16+ mins in a PUG VD run (including buff of course) and we got one Blue proc.
After that blue proc I managed to sleep the remaining adds just fine on RDM.

Not sure what happens if you get multiple Blue Procs though, but as far as you get just one, I could sleep just fine.

...maybe it's different if a group is using WHM/BLM for sleepga I suppose, but at least on RDM/SCH I was having no issues with Manifestation Sleep2.
By SimonSes 2019-02-09 11:30:53
Link | Citer | R

Thye are no longer sleeping = they are awake
They are no longer sleeping =/= they cant be slept again

In other words bomb hitting them and proccing blue wakes them up.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-09 12:06:14
Link | Citer | R

Nvm, misread that as in "Blue doesn't allow sleep to land anymore".
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-09 12:10:44
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
Editing/Narrating/Rendering video now.

Asura.Saevel said: »
(Rua theorized magic damage in general) keeps it's stats down and prevents PD from being used. We had a constant stream of lights and darkness's happening and the MB never even PD'd once.
Correct, requires a little more testing (having a melee RDM with Enspells active would do nicely) but I don't think this is far from the reality.
We were spamming Darkness and Light back to back and I had Enthunder up on RDM, but PD was still happening a lot.

(granted my melee time on RDM was pretty low, I was mostly busy on resleeping/debuffing)
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2019-02-09 13:32:59
Link | Citer | R

My theory is PD goes off when a bomb explodes, but I'm open to being wrong. In my solo attempts that seems to be the case. When I did VD two times I was on RDM, so I couldn't see if PD was going off. Our group was doing great at killing the bombs. Our clear times were also in the 15~16 minute range for VD.
By Aerison 2019-02-09 13:39:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Inuyushi said: »
My theory is PD goes off when a bomb explodes, but I'm open to being wrong. In my solo attempts that seems to be the case. When I did VD two times I was on RDM, so I couldn't see if PD was going off. Our group was doing great at killing the bombs. Our clear times were also in the 15~16 minute range for VD.
Adds PD after MB dies so there's no bombs.
 Ragnarok.Galiber
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2019-02-09 14:05:36
Link | Citer | R

We did a few runs last night (was too tired to post it after and I cut a clip off the live stream, no issues really, just a longish fight. We got it down to 10 mins, tried various setups.
WHM RDM BLU TANK DD DD

YouTube Video Placeholder

(plug: if you wanna give a follow I also twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/galiber_ragnarok)
[+]
By Amunaptra 2019-02-09 14:26:10
Link | Citer | R

Did 3 pug runs at VD, 7-8 minutes kill. BLU BLU DRK SAM RDM WHM
Seen only one PD in 3 runs from one add, I believe, as other stated, that doing constant skillchain prevents them from doing it
All rema DDs some with r15 aug, whm had mythic
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-02-10 06:45:24
Link | Citer | R

IF too many mines blow up, they build a resistance to sleep. Its not immediate, but it will catch up to you.

funny, on 1 run on D, we only had 2 adds left by the time the sleep resistance built up. It happened 1 more time before we realized the reason why.

more than resistance, its like sleep cannot have any duration. because it stops them for about 2 seconds. then they keep running around stealing everything.

the gist of it is, if you messup killing the mines, you are slowing down your fight, AND limiting how much time you have left to kill stuff. There is a subtle penalty to missing mines.

ITs really good to know how to prevent perfect dodge. it does pop up right after a really good skillchain wears off..
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2019-02-10 10:55:36
Link | Citer | R

Does Magical SCs go through PD? Might be a stupid question lol
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2019-02-10 12:11:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Baroma said: »

Yes. And invincible. On COR ill fire off 2 store tp quick draws and the leaden salute during a PD.
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2019-02-10 12:11:17
Link | Citer | R

Yes. And invincible. On COR ill fire off 2 store tp quick draws and the leaden salute during a PD.
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2019-02-10 12:11:13
Link | Citer | R

Yes. And invincible. In dynamis on COR ill fire off 2 store tp quick draws and then leaden salute during a PD.
By Afania 2019-02-10 12:12:02
Link | Citer | R

Ranged attack, magical dmg always go through PD no? If you have a cor or rng just shoot them during PD.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-10 12:58:06
Link | Citer | R

I stand corrected I guess, sorry bout that.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By alamihgo 2019-02-12 00:41:50
Link | Citer | R

Lepetit89 said: »
However, not entirely sure whether constant skillchaining actually prevents use of Perfect Dodge or if that may be a side effect of something that is caused by skillchains since we still saw quite a bit of them.

Currently going theory on JP Wiki appears to be that PD is triggered by use of Ability steal; gonna pay some attention next time if the timing actually does coincide. A possible solution I came across was just not to have any abilities ready, though feasibility of that will probably differ depending on job, assuming it's correct.
I'm not convinced. In Galiber's video above at 8:05, Qiqirn uses Steal Ability without a PD counter. In fact, you never see a PD the entire video. I chalk this up to two things (using same video as reference):

1) tank soaks up the faze/sandspray/kibosh/steals
2) party vigorously skillchains in excess of 10k damage

I've never seen Qiqirns pop PD after eating a 15k SC, but I can count a dozen times where they balk at a 5k SC and PD two seconds later. To that point, I maintain skillchain is the key; the lock is either a magic/SC damage accrual system (do X total damage every Y seconds) or a simple damage tracking system (do X damage in a single skillchain every Y seconds).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2019-02-12 02:40:57
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »

Ranged attack, magical dmg always go through PD no? If you have a cor or rng just shoot them during PD.

So I brought cor to ambu this month, on adds PD just shoot with DP and do leaden salute. COR can even do leaden > AE > leaden self dark if triple shot proc 3x.
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-02-13 13:22:59
Link | Citer | R

Idk, I feel like this month is much harder than last month's in terms of how many jobs are welcome to participate; meaning overall less people can run.
[+]
By Afania 2019-02-13 13:38:39
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Senaki said: »
Idk, I feel like this month is much harder than last month's in terms of how many jobs are welcome to participate; meaning overall less people can run.

What do you mean? This month is 4 DD + 2 support thats not brd geo, its much easier than needing a tank, brd, geo.

DD can be anything, it doesnt have to be blu dnc.
By Afania 2019-02-13 13:42:33
Link | Citer | R

Actual skillchain damage may be a good explanation.

At least things seemed to go way more smoothly for us when only DRG and BLU were skillchaining by spamming Stardiver and CdC for non-stop Darkness. Having the DNC interrupt our skillchains or create weaker ones may have been what led to the PD spam until we told him to just use Waltzes and refrain from using WS.

Yes, I think its faster to have 2 DD on each add and multi step instead of all 4 spam ws on 1.

Heres a 7 min 20 sec run with 2 DD on each add:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/377484649?t=03h27m02s
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2019-02-13 13:51:28
Link | Citer | R

Smoothest VD run I've had was RUN DNC DRK BLU RDM WHM. Was about 11 minutes total.

We did a 3 (sometimes 4) step Darkness SC (Savage > Torcleaver > Evis > sometimes Rudra if RF was up). All DDs on boss and then all on one add at a time. Boss went down pretty easy and the 4step killed an add outright.

Consistent SC Damage seems to stop PD from occurring. Anytime one of the DDs got Fazed and we didn't SC we would see PD.
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-02-13 14:17:11
Link | Citer | R

Actual skillchain damage may be a good explanation.

At least things seemed to go way more smoothly for us when only DRG and BLU were skillchaining by spamming Stardiver and CdC for non-stop Darkness. Having the DNC interrupt our skillchains or create weaker ones may have been what led to the PD spam until we told him to just use Waltzes and refrain from using WS.

SC coordination is half the battle (the other half is def down).

Your best DPS option there would have been Stardiver > CDC > Rudra's Storm 3-step. Automatic 99k+ on that 3rd step w/ how weak these Qiqirn are to SCD. DNC should definitely be able to keep up (if not surpass) BLU and DRG at tp-gain.

And if somebody gets stunned (which they will), instead of letting the chain break, the other two can easily keep the 3-step up with the WS they have available. Gravitation > Distortion > Darkness all day long between Sword, Pole and Dagger.

Requires ppl to actually learn their WS properties and requires reaction/chemistry, but it's the path to the most efficient clears this month.