Ambuscade Volume 1 Feb. 2019
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Phoenix.Lobsang
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Lobsang 2019-02-08 22:00:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
anyone have or know of a addon that can let you target mobs as a command like by name? for the life of me, I have issues fumbling around 5ppl and 5 mobs to target the bomb to kill it.

<bt> <- this is for red mobs can be a blessing or a curse and the better option <stnpc> <-- that only lets you tab onto mobs
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-08 22:05:24
Link | Citer | R

And yeah this is stupid easy, just kill the MB first while keeping the adds slept, then mop up the adds. If the MB is alive while the adds are out, they'll get stronger with each you kill.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-02-08 22:18:54
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Lobsang said: »
anyone have or know of a addon that can let you target mobs as a command like by name? for the life of me, I have issues fumbling around 5ppl and 5 mobs to target the bomb to kill it.

<bt> <- this is for red mobs can be a blessing or a curse and the better option <stnpc> <-- that only lets you tab onto mobs

Ill give stnpc a go cause the bombs arent red when they pop
By Viciouss 2019-02-08 23:22:03
Link | Citer | R

This is the month we deserved after a rough January.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-08 23:28:35
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
This is the month we deserved after a rough January.

Rough? the *** you talkin' about lol. Quads are ridiculously easy. This month is just super straight forward since you can't use buffers.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-02-08 23:28:57
Link | Citer | R

how was January rough? lol
 Asura.Elazar
user: Elazar1
By Asura.Elazar 2019-02-08 23:30:15
Link | Citer | R

January like the easiest month ever
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-08 23:37:53
Link | Citer | R

Down to 9min wins, would of been under 9min except the final Qiqirin PD's, our first PD of the night.

Dealing skillchains (Rua theorized magic damage in general) keeps it's stats down and prevents PD from being used. We had a constant stream of lights and darkness's happening and the MB never even PD'd once.

This month's is stupidly easy..
By Ruaumoko 2019-02-09 01:35:16
Link | Citer | R

Editing/Narrating/Rendering video now.

Asura.Saevel said: »
(Rua theorized magic damage in general) keeps it's stats down and prevents PD from being used. We had a constant stream of lights and darkness's happening and the MB never even PD'd once.
Correct, requires a little more testing (having a melee RDM with Enspells active would do nicely) but I don't think this is far from the reality.
By geigei 2019-02-09 01:45:30
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spynx said: »
Terror is ice based
wth?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-02-09 01:59:06
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
Editing/Narrating/Rendering video now.

(Rua theorized magic damage in general) keeps it's stats down and prevents PD from being used. We had a constant stream of lights and darkness's happening and the MB never even PD'd once.
Correct, requires a little more testing (having a melee RDM with Enspells active would do nicely) but I don't think this is far from the reality.

If this is the case it requires all elements. We were doing a 6-step tonight (dist > fusion > grav > dark > dark) and I had my closing Rudra PD'd. This was on one of the adds after boss was dead.
By Afania 2019-02-09 02:07:31
Link | Citer | R

If the MB is alive while the adds are out, they'll get stronger with each you kill.

Does it? Seen a pt clear VD in 7min 20 sec killing adds first, MB last. Killing MB last seems extremely viable.
By SimonSes 2019-02-09 02:34:40
Link | Citer | R

January was strange. If you had whm who normally play whm as cure mule and have no idea how his abilities works, then you could wipe at normal for hours. Now when you had conpetent whm it was the first month where I had to wait for warp ring to get off cooldown to go back to Mhaura, because it was that fast and easy.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-02-09 02:36:47
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
For Terror, is there anything you can use to reduce it?
Barstone+Barpetrify
or
Barthunder+Barpetrify
?
Terror is ice based

Terror is usually (if not always) earth based.

Quote:
January was strange. If you had whm who normally play whm as cure mule and have no idea how his abilities works, then you could wipe at normal for hours. Now when you had conpetent whm it was the first month where I had to wait for warp ring to get off cooldown to go back to Mhaura, because it was that fast and easy.

I did January with some WHMs that didn't really know what they were doing, and it was still a ~6-7min clear on VD. If you're actually wiping, then either the WHM's afk or there's more herpderping going on than just a lack of Divine Caress.
By SimonSes 2019-02-09 03:10:05
Link | Citer | R

You can say whatever you want, but it wont change my experience from January. Afania had exact same experience and finally started playing as whm to start winning.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-02-09 03:18:39
Link | Citer | R

Gonna echo what some posters here are saying. This is a pretty easy month. Last month was easier though, since you can clear that in 3-5 minutes, but I'll still take it. Trio boxing thf/rdm/whm and picking up a tank/sam/dnc. Rana > rudra > rudra was taking the add down to 1-5%. Only trouble we were having was that people kept dying. I think steal hp was killing the tank and kibosh was 1-shotting me, though I think that'll stop if I /nin for shadows. We got it down to a 12-ish minute kill, though could be faster if I wasn't splitting my attention between 3 characters.

Are other people being 1 shotted too?
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-02-09 04:18:25
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

You didnt even need a whm last month. Was mercing VD 5man with brd and geo as main heal lmao.

Bismarck.Ihinaa said: »

Yes on D and VD, Sometimes kibosh hits for 300, other times 4500!
By alamihgo 2019-02-09 04:51:09
Link | Citer | R

Kibosh is lethal even on E. The damage may scale with the number of drained attributes since I never had a problem with Koru-moru (reliably dispels stolen stats) yet I got Kiboshed for 2700 when I brought Arciela.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-02-09 04:52:45
Link | Citer | R

RUN DRG DRG DNC RDM WHM

This setup was the fastest so far with Japanese~[6.5-7 on AVG] on VD.
Sleeping Adds, and "Sonic Thrust" the bombs whenever.

Debuffs: Angon, Box Step, Feather Step, Quickstep, Armor Break, Inundation, Distract, Dia III, Slow, Gelus Gambit.

Buffs: Haste Samba, Haste II, Attk Food [I used Rabbit Pie on DNC], Tellus, Boost STR, BarFira, BarParalyzra, Auspice, FireStorm, Regen, Stoneskin, Third Eye.

With RDM update now Sleepga lasts longer! and you must open with sleep-pull.

Make sure that DNC keeps all HP's above 50% for the HP steal move, gain Blink constantly, while the two DRGs rape it easy, with Umbra cycle.
[+]
By kishr 2019-02-09 06:24:35
Link | Citer | R

Some *** head care to say a strat without saying ***?
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-02-09 06:30:31
Link | Citer | R

reduce mob's hp to 0 before you go to 0
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-02-09 06:34:12
Link | Citer | R

kishr said: »
Some *** head care to say a strat without saying ***?

Tank, DDx3, RDM/BLM, WHM

RDM opens with Sabo sleepga, and spends the entire fight rotating sleeps and dispelling/debuffing who the melee are fighting.

DD's setup a multi-step SC and execute it as well as they can.

Advantages go to melee that can cap their delay with only haste 2, or help others cap it. Like DNC with Haste Samba, DRG with their Wyvern, SAM Hasso, DRK Last Resort, or any DW job stacking extra dual wield.

Side advantage goes with jobs that can buff attack or reduce defense since buffs are scarce. So Warrior with breaks, SAM with breaks, DNC with steps, etc.

Any BRD, COR or GEO buffs will cause a full heal on the enemies, don't use them.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-02-09 07:07:59
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
RUN DRG DRG DNC RDM WHM

This setup was the fastest so far with Japanese~[6.5-7 on AVG] on VD.
Sleeping Adds, and "Sonic Thrust" the bombs whenever.

Debuffs: Angon, Box Step, Feather Step, Quickstep, Armor Break, Inundation, Distract, Dia III, Slow, Gelus Gambit.

Buffs: Haste Samba, Haste II, Attk Food [I used Rabbit Pie on DNC], Tellus, Boost STR, BarFira, BarParalyzra, Auspice, FireStorm, Regen, Stoneskin, Third Eye.

With RDM update now Sleepga lasts longer! and you must open with sleep-pull.

Make sure that DNC keeps all HP's above 50% for the HP steal move, gain Blink constantly, while the two DRGs rape it easy, with Umbra cycle.

This makes sense to me since DRG shines in lower buff situations and has free backup heals if the adds steal MP the mages, plus hate is really sloppy on the boss - one of those moves is hate reset for sure.
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2019-02-09 07:17:37
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
For Terror, is there anything you can use to reduce it?
Barstone+Barpetrify
or
Barthunder+Barpetrify
?
Terror is ice based

Terror is usually (if not always) earth based.
Pretty sure it's ice as it's the debuff associated to spectral floe and every other of those spell have a debuff based on the spell element. Won't change the fact you are not likely to resist it
By geigei 2019-02-09 07:21:22
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure it's ice as it's the debuff associated to spectral floe and every other of those spell have a debuff based on the spell element.
This actually makes sense but always heard about earth or dark.
By SimonSes 2019-02-09 07:34:30
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

You didnt even need a whm last month. Was mercing VD 5man with brd and geo as main heal lmao.

And Ejin 5box Schach in Reisen with his RUN friend. Go shout for random people on Bahamut and try to replicate that. Good luck :)

There is big gap between what can possibly be done in this game and what can be done with PUG including mediocre players.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2019-02-09 08:02:17
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
This month is just super straight forward since you can't use buffers.
Because buffing is complicated? Don't get what you mean here.

I think he meant that you don't need to figure out what buffs/debuffs to use on geo/cor/brd (especially if your PUG composition is not perfect).