First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 67 68 69
 Sylph.Pve
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: zsky
By Sylph.Pve 2018-08-08 23:51:20
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Orbs are most definitely not sendable to other characters on same account.

Of course, I was referring to omen bodies or other gear drops.

Win something on mule, dbox to main, etc. It takes some prep work to get a mule ready with HP tele and lv99, but it's not impossible. Something to do on a rainy day.
By clearlyamule 2018-08-09 00:02:36
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Pve said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Orbs are most definitely not sendable to other characters on same account.

Of course, I was referring to omen bodies or other gear drops.

Win something on mule, dbox to main, etc. It takes some prep work to get a mule ready with HP tele and lv99, but it's not impossible. Something to do on a rainy day.
Don't need tele? There are hp crystals (unless that's what you meant by hp tele!?!) right outside the zone and if you don't have that yet there is a guy in the Tenshodo shop in lower jueno that warps you straight to BCNM zones
By Tarage 2018-08-09 00:57:38
Link | Citer | R

So is the general consensus so far that you should go in solo, click till you get a heavy thunk, and then gtfo?
 Cerberus.Resetti
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2018-08-09 01:01:27
Link | Citer | R

Mar’s orb
[+]
 Sylph.Pve
user: zsky
By Sylph.Pve 2018-08-09 01:04:37
Link | Citer | R

Tarage said: »
So is the general consensus so far that you should go in solo, click till you get a heavy thunk, and then gtfo?

If you after the good stuff, yes.

Someone in LS opened all chests except last one (pretty sure its the mimic) without getting a loud thuk on a Mars Orb.

So... Venus Orb guarantees at least 1 chest with loud thuk? (NPC says something about it in dialog)

Anyone else can confirm?
 Asura.Squanchie
Serveur: Asura
user: Verfault
By Asura.Squanchie 2018-08-09 01:45:29
Link | Citer | R

I used 2 venus orbs. first orb, mimic in second chest. Second orb I opened every chest that wasnt a mimic and all I got was 1 thud. Loud thud isnt 100% in either of the orbs.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Tarage 2018-08-09 03:38:42
Link | Citer | R

Confirmed: It does wipe Cait Sith's AF RR.
By Davorin 2018-08-09 03:48:26
Link | Citer | R

In case it wasn't mentioned before, but Ka-thwack can still KO with Hymnus up; the reraise effect persists though.

Edit: it's been mentioned here.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-09 03:52:28
Link | Citer | R

What I wonder is... can you reraise after you died? Will the Mimic immediately aggro or will it be safe if you wait for reset after your death?

I guess he does aggro. Does he have an aggro range? Tractor or stuff?

... I mean in the end pretty pointless question. Even if you get a chance to reraise you can't keep your loot unless you manage to kill it anyway, right?
What surprises me though, didn't the dev talk about "powerful NMs" using the plural? We were all imagining a random NM picked out of a list, instead here it seems there's only the same one no matter what, a really strong Mimic.
By kishr 2018-08-09 04:21:02
Link | Citer | R

Hex ID checking doesn't work.
Full death resist gear doesn't work.
Scanning boxes with scanzone Lua for their hp% doesn't work. (does show 1 box with a different status number, idk meaning for that, since it didn't work)
Smn zerg box doesn't work.
If you die near box with auto reraise on, you get agro and tractor till death again.
all seeing eye shows box, but its not that spot.

Out of 24 tries with friends I drew that conclusion.
All I can add to my finding so far.
[+]
 Odin.Voodtwo
Serveur: Odin
user: rd400d
By Odin.Voodtwo 2018-08-09 05:16:29
Link | Citer | R

If you want to fight it have party stay at start and have 1 person pop. Kitted smn was doing huge numbers but it has so much hp its not funny. Pup auto seemed immune to death spell as it resisted like 7-8 times in a row. We got to down 96% then grew tired of wasting time and warped out. The initial move isnt a death move its damage so I dont know why someone would try death resists. The theory about thud numbers per orb is complete nonsense as a mars orb we did produced 3 or 4 thuds 1 noise then mimic. Thuds can be higher quality mats and dont always mean gear. All I know so far.

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2018-08-09 06:29:46
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Voodtwo said: »
If you want to fight it have party stay at start and have 1 person pop. Kitted smn was doing huge numbers but it has so much hp its not funny. Pup auto seemed immune to death spell as it resisted like 7-8 times in a row. We got to down 96% then grew tired of wasting time and warped out. The initial move isnt a death move its damage so I dont know why someone would try death resists. The theory about thud numbers per orb is complete nonsense as a mars orb we did produced 3 or 4 thuds 1 noise then mimic. Thuds can be higher quality mats and dont always mean gear. All I know so far.

There is a thud and loud thud. Loud thud seems to be always rare gear.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-08-09 06:37:30
Link | Citer | R

I've been adding everything I've found to this wiki page. Please feel free to contribute. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:A.M.A.N._Trove
[+]
By Pankas 2018-08-09 06:40:38
Link | Citer | R

Done 2 runs yesterday:
1. on the mule with Mars orb in Palborough Mines. 5 chests with nose, 6'th chest loud thud, walked away with Tartarus platemail
2. main char Mars orb in Palborough Mines, opened 9/10 with 6 noise, 3 thuds, walked away with 4 weapons 1 rare craft mat and random crap.

Is everyone getting Kidney stones in their pool? if so SE is *** with us and having a real laugh.

As it is proven, that Mars and Venus orb has different ID's, is it safe to assume, that Mars orb has Vagary drops and Venus has Omen drops for loud thud?

Will try Venus tonight and report back.
By SimonSes 2018-08-09 06:47:58
Link | Citer | R

Pankas said: »
Done 2 runs yesterday:
1. on the mule with Mars orb in Palborough Mines. 5 chests with nose, 6'th chest loud thud, walked away with Tartarus platemail
2. main char Mars orb in Palborough Mines, opened 9/10 with 6 noise, 3 thuds, walked away with 4 weapons 1 rare craft mat and random crap.

Is everyone getting Kidney stones in their pool? if so SE is *** with us and having a real laugh.

As it is proven, that Mars and Venus orb has different ID's, is it safe to assume, that Mars orb has Vagary drops and Venus has Omen drops for loud thud?

You have screen with Regal gloves from mars orb several posts above yours.
By Pankas 2018-08-09 07:01:51
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Pankas said: »
Done 2 runs yesterday:

You have screen with Regal gloves from mars orb several posts above yours.
Wasn't clicking on the link, as reading forums from work (just in case some xxx web will load) :)
 Asura.Sirtaint
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-08-09 07:07:44
Link | Citer | R

My Ashera harness came from a loud thud Mars.

I’ve done 8 orbs now. The Venus seem to have more thuds and loud thuds. All 3 Venus all had loud thuds, 2 mars that i opened 9 brown boxes without a loud thud.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-08-09 07:34:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sirtaint said: »

I’ve done 8 orbs now. The Venus seem to have more thuds and loud thuds. All 3 Venus all had loud thuds, 2 mars that i opened 9 brown boxes without a loud thud.

What came from the loud thud Venus orbs?
 Asura.Napoooooo
user: Napolean
By Asura.Napoooooo 2018-08-09 07:45:16
Link | Citer | R

Venus Orb - Horlais Peak:
Loud thud on second wooden chest, gold box contained Lapidary Tunic from Carbuncle Prime, also a Synthetic Faulpie Leather
By Justuas 2018-08-09 08:01:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
If you don't want people to feel the need to cheat, don't use "*** you" mechanics.
Boohoo the game is too hard so I have to cheat :'(. won't even bother discovering the mechanic behind the fight. If the fight isn't figured in day 1 then *** it. Might as well cheat it.
[+]
 Asura.Sirtaint
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-08-09 08:51:28
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Asura.Sirtaint said: »

What came from the loud thud Venus orbs?

Crap. I posted my first one in the thread a few pages back. Nothing worth keeping. I'm at work but have the SSs at home.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-09 08:58:01
Link | Citer | R

Got chironic body with Mars orb loud thud
 Asura.Truece
user: Truece
By Asura.Truece 2018-08-09 09:03:24
Link | Citer | R

I've done a few runs, all in Balgas Dais. My strategy has been to open wooden boxes until I got a loud thud, then exit.

Mars Orbs (x5)
4 boxes, no loud thud, 5th was the mimic
2 boxes, loud thud, got Udug Jacket and Theurgist's Slacks
1st box was the mimic
1 box, no loud thud, 2nd was the mimic
2 boxes, loud thud, got Venabulum and Tramontane Axe

Venus Orb (x1)
2 boxes, 2nd was loud thud, got Gozuki Mezuki and Kidney Stone

I assume that the 5m gil reward takes the place of a possible drop from a loud thud? It definitely isn't guaranteed to happen from a loud thud on a Venus orb.

As for box IDs, the wooden boxes all seemed to be numbered consecutively. One time they were 225-22E, another they were 1F9-202.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Justuas 2018-08-09 09:16:19
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Justuas said: »
If you don't want people to feel the need to cheat, don't use "*** you" mechanics.
Boohoo the game is too hard so I have to cheat :'(. won't even bother discovering the mechanic behind the fight. If the fight isn't figured in day 1 then *** it. Might as well cheat it.
This is nothing to do with being hard.
The fight is clearly not designed to be won and even when it eventually is it is going to be some obscure set up that is never going to give 100% win rate.
Working as intended. Maybe it's like russian roulette. Everyone won't win.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-09 09:38:14
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Justuas said: »
This is nothing to do with being hard.
The fight is clearly not designed to be won and even when it eventually is it is going to be some obscure set up that is never going to give 100% win rate.
It is most certainly meant to be won, and winning is part of the entire concept of the battlefield.

If it wasn't mean to be won, SE would have given it 100m hp, or 50,000 damage AoE physical attacks, or made it use Katwhack every 3 seconds. Once the gimmicks are fully figured out, I can guarantee that it's going to be significantly easier than a Master Trial.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-08-09 10:13:09
Link | Citer | R

Wow didn't even realize there were loud thuds all mine were regular.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 67 68 69