Asura.Jezper
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Jezper
By Asura.Jezper 2022-12-01 00:00:27
Link | Citer | R

Sidiov said: »
Asura.Jezper said: »
I have gotten a gold chest as the 9th chest on a Venus orb. Maybe it is much less likely to occur than with Mars orbs? But it can occur.
You should have got a LT earlier in that run I would assume?
I don't think you can NOT get a LT at all on a venus run - I have a list from a few people who recorded about 300 successful Venus and there doesn't seem to be any without 1 LT. Personally, I've seen a few 8th box LT -> Rainbow double LTs, and have not seen a gold chest at all in Venus yet.

Nope, didn't get a single LT on the run I got the gold chest.
By Sidiov 2022-12-01 00:43:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jezper said: »
Nope, didn't get a single LT on the run I got the gold chest.
Interesting, just looked through some results I got from someone who did a total of 756 Venus runs this event and got 476 LT - 20 of which were double LT runs (LT on 8th+rainbow), no gold chests. So with my own records I guess a gold chest must be a ~1/1,000 chance on a "successful" Venus orb run.
Seun said: »
From a Venus orb-
Basically, you two have bad FFXI luck, don't farm D.ring!
[+]
By Seun 2022-12-01 01:24:12
Link | Citer | R

Sidiov said: »
Seun said: »
From a Venus orb-
Basically, you two have bad FFXI luck, don't farm D.ring!

That Venus orb was from this month. I ended up recharging it at Greyson and getting good LT loot from the second run.

Having the guaranteed LT I had in the first post changed to a thud felt worse though. I've risked loud thuds before, but I expected that I would at least have it replaced by another loud thud. Trove is a scam lol
By warmech 2022-12-01 02:31:47
Link | Citer | R

how many people seeing triple loud thuds? i saw one on a mars and one on a venus this month. i had no idea that was even a thing. havent seen that posted in any data.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-12-01 08:24:48
Link | Citer | R

KujahFoxfire said: »
Can also confirm loud thud and/or rainbow 9th chest is not guaranteed on Venus orbs:
Potentially dumb question, but what date are those logs from?

warmech said: »
how many people seeing triple loud thuds? i saw one on a mars and one on a venus this month. i had no idea that was even a thing. havent seen that posted in any data.
I doubt most people risk mimic after finding a loud thud, thats probably why theres minimal data.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-12-01 09:27:36
Link | Citer | R

Hey all, no spreadsheet or screenshots, but just went 0/9 on Mars Orbs. All mimics.

Can pencil that into the data there!
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-12-01 11:09:49
Link | Citer | R

Keep in mind that the chance of a loud thud occuring on the 9th chest is already at least 75%, and the chance of getting to the 9th chest is less than 50%, and there's a chance of getting a loud thud before the 9th chest, and most data points will never be recorded or accessed.

The idea that a loud thud was guaranteed on venus was always shaky at best. I am standing with my take, the only difference in the orbs that is verifiable to a reasonable standard is that the final coffer won't ever be noise on venus.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-12-01 14:54:03
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Can also confirm loud thud and/or rainbow 9th chest is not guaranteed on Venus orbs:
Potentially dumb question, but what date are those logs from

I don't think it's a dumb question at all. Kinda curious whether (a) this campaign has any other effects, or (b) there have been other changes to the event since the big revamp.

For instance, I have seen WAY more #9 gold chests on Mars orbs this month than ever before. Obviously might just be bad luck with a relatively small sample size, but I'm at 4/5 or 5/6 this month getting gold chests instead of rainbow. Prior to this, I almost always got rainbow - I think I had only seen one #9 that was NOT a rainbow in all of my AMAN attempts prior to this month.
By fillerbunny9 2022-12-01 16:21:52
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Potentially dumb question, but what date are those logs from

I don't think it's a dumb question at all. Kinda curious whether (a) this campaign has any other effects, or (b) there have been other changes to the event since the big revamp.

For instance, I have seen WAY more #9 gold chests on Mars orbs this month than ever before. Obviously might just be bad luck with a relatively small sample size, but I'm at 4/5 or 5/6 this month getting gold chests instead of rainbow. Prior to this, I almost always got rainbow - I think I had only seen one #9 that was NOT a rainbow in all of my AMAN attempts prior to this month.

small sample size and all that, but of the ~15 Venus Orbs I used during this campaign, I got Thwacked on 12 of them, several on the first open.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2022-12-01 17:16:33
Link | Citer | R

more evidence that you can get belligerent bang message AFTER the third chest

(For clarity: 8th chest was Loud Thud, 9th chest turned into Rainbow coffer, and Terminal Coffer was Noise)

I'm p sure you can't get that message BEFORE 3 chests, but you can AFTER 3 chests

so basically: loud thud or bust
[+]
 Fenrir.Positron
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-12-01 18:12:21
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
Fenrir.Positron said: »
02:49:51|You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
02:49:54|You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
02:49:57|You hear a noise, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
02:50:00|You hear a thud, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
02:50:02|You hear a thud, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.
02:50:05|You hear a loud thud, as if a large amount of spoils spontaneously appeared.

Unless this log is truncated, the loud thud occurred on the final terminal coffer - so this does not disprove that you only get a loud thud on chest 4 5 6 7 when you get the precog BB message.

It is, I can get the rest of the log later if it matters. At no point did I ever open the terminal coffer without getting a loud thud first.
By Seun 2022-12-01 18:40:32
Link | Citer | R

Are you a gambler or just an addict?
[+]
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2022-12-01 20:40:52
Link | Citer | R

What is the most amout of loud thuds people have gotten in one run ? (Pic's or it didn't happen) mine is 4
[+]
By Rips 2022-12-01 21:54:13
Link | Citer | R

I have 4 and it was 4 bewitched pieces. I’m not joking. I also didn’t make the mistake of having 1 character have everything and the items switch to that.
[+]
By Sidiov 2022-12-02 01:24:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lordoftheseven said: »
What is the most amout of loud thuds people have gotten in one run ? (Pic's or it didn't happen) mine is 4
That's actually amazing and unexpected, afaik everyone including me who I have been gathering data with has been exiting after the first unless its an 8th box.
Now I guess we have something to test next time we get a voucher event so we can do a bunch.
By warmech 2022-12-02 03:10:50
Link | Citer | R

way to crush my 3 LT achievement, guess i got a new goal.
 Cerberus.Acewarlord
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Acewarlord 2022-12-02 07:12:11
Link | Citer | R

I've noticed that the belligerent bang message comes up giving notice that the mimic is within an adjacent chest.

1 2 3 4
X X X X
X
X X X X
5 6 7 8

if chest 2 gets a BB message than 1,3,5,6,7 has a mimic

chest 1 receiving BB 2,5,6 has a mimic and so on

it's like a game of minesweeper. again, this has been my experience I have seen over the last year since my return to the game.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Larrymc
Serveur: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-12-02 12:18:11
Link | Citer | R

If you wrap around the edges, the theory still holds.
Have personally seen BB and mimic on complete opposite sides, in your above diagram i've had BB on 4 and mimic on 5

If you wrap around the edges, the theory still holds.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-02 12:21:37
Link | Citer | R

It being like minesweeper was basically the very first thing disproven, whatever month they added bangs
[+]
By Rips 2022-12-02 12:24:34
Link | Citer | R

I cannot tell you how many times the mimic was in the next chest beside my BB message. It's been a ton. As soon as I see a BB message I get away from the chest and start opening at random.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-12-02 14:01:59
Link | Citer | R

Instances 35 and 44 of mine had the BB LT right beside the 3rd chest opened. Random is random.
By Seun 2022-12-02 14:04:45
Link | Citer | R

way to crush my 3 LT achievement, guess i got a new goal.

You shouldn't feel bad at all. Even if you commit to opening all the boxes, the probability is against you.

Double rainbow entry, 3 BB loud thuds and the 9th and terminal chest rainbows.... let's get it!
By Rips 2022-12-02 22:40:10
Link | Citer | R

Walked in, hit the rainbow chest, walked out.
[+]
By Seun 2022-12-02 23:02:10
Link | Citer | R

Rips said: »

I have contacted the STF and submitted a bug report.

Uh, I mean congrats!
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-12-02 23:07:56
Link | Citer | R

Rips said: »

[+]
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2022-12-04 19:16:38
Link | Citer | R

Its all the roll of the dice can happen to anyone just was curious to see if there was a max to how many LD's you could get in one go
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 ... 67 68 69