the A.M.A.N. Trove BC
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 67 68 69
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-19 07:58:26
Link | Citer | R

Meh, it was an uncertainty. Took balls to answer the question. Now everyone knows. His sacrifice was appreciated.

Imagine if there had been no mimic and 10 noise runs were always free, then it wouldn't be so HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE now would it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Magi
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2018-11-19 08:02:56
Link | Citer | R

His name is literally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, lmao. No one had the balls to do it, let alone on a Venus orb. Thanks for sharing
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-19 08:10:27
Link | Citer | R

ohhhh whoosh, +1 didn't look
 Bahamut.Asphaar
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Asphaar 2018-11-19 09:37:45
Link | Citer | R

I just wish we had enough data to know what’s the best orb to use :(. Just used 4 Venus, 2 mimics and the rest were crappy drops lol
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2018-11-19 14:37:11
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Asphaar said: »
I just wish we had enough data to know what’s the best orb to use :(. Just used 4 Venus, 2 mimics and the rest were crappy drops lol

I've never gotten anything good from Venus.

A few high tier battlefield drops and Emissary, that's it. Only Omen items i've ever gotten were from Mars, but weren't bodies. (Nusku Shield)

Also gotten expensive upgrade mats and dark matter from mars, but mostly skirmish +2 stones from venus.

Not hard evidence, but i've given up trying to use Venus orbs for the time being.
 Cerberus.Logical
Serveur: Cerberus
user: cronix
By Cerberus.Logical 2018-11-19 15:51:23
Link | Citer | R

I want to contribute to this thread my own data which I think helps to reinforce the notion that Omen drops are not at all mainstream. This tally I kept on a notepad only tabulates the bottom line: incidence rate of loud thuds, and high-quality loot received (spoiler: I have obtained none - not even anything glowy from Zi'tah as seems so common - all crap!). From across all my mains and mules, here is my data:

38 Mars Orbs

9 Loud Thuds

Dozens of thuds but many are lost to the Mimic due to pushing aggressively for loud thuds

Countless noises.

All Crap - one or two pooty T4 HELM equipment drops. Tons of Zi'tah gear. Tons.

18 Venus Orbs

6 Loud Thuds (Pretty good rate!)

4 Thuds (Fewer since I push recklessly for loud thuds)

Countless noises.

All hot, steamy garbage.

Venus Orbs do produce Loud Thuds at a higher rate in my experience (9/38 = 23% chance on Loud Thuds on Mars Orbs versus 6/18 = 33% on Venus). I can add supporting evidence that the Loud Thuds come quicker and more frequently (by 10% for me) on Venus Orbs (but it also felt easier to secure a loud thud on the first chest or two using Venus Orbs, which is consistent with our existing knowledge that Venus increases the chances of better thuds, of course). If we can someday confirm that the loot tables between the orbs are shared 100% identically (ie, a Loud Thud from a Mars is on the same loot table as a Loud Thud from a Venus), then we can compile the player data on Loud Thud occurrences and determine if a Venus Orb is worth the four extra vouchers. My sample size is small and who knows what an additional year of player data will yield.

Do note that I have placed a great emphasis on Loud Thuds here and so I push through for Loud Thuds, sometimes ignoring multiple thuds. Perhaps it's time to *** my strategy, but overall...

...in 15 Loud Thuds across both orb types, I have seen nothing but a rain of Zi'Tah gear, a ton of mats and stones, the occasional odd Escha/Reis weapon, and a massive ton of ***-all.

To anyone considering making additional mules: Remember, this is truly a lottery event.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-11-19 16:11:23
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Logical said: »
I want to contribute to this thread my own data which I think helps to reinforce the notion that Omen drops are not at all mainstream. This tally I kept on a notepad only tabulates the bottom line: incidence rate of loud thuds, and high-quality loot received (spoiler: I have obtained none - not even anything glowy from Zi'tah as seems so common - all crap!). From across all my mains and mules, here is my data:

38 Mars Orbs

9 Loud Thuds

Dozens of thuds but many are lost to the Mimic due to pushing aggressively for loud thuds

Countless noises.

All Crap - one or two pooty T4 HELM equipment drops. Tons of Zi'tah gear. Tons.

18 Venus Orbs

6 Loud Thuds (Pretty good rate!)

4 Thuds (Fewer since I push recklessly for loud thuds)

Countless noises.

All hot, steamy garbage.

Venus Orbs do produce Loud Thuds at a higher rate in my experience (9/38 = 23% chance on Loud Thuds on Mars Orbs versus 6/18 = 33% on Venus). I can add supporting evidence that the Loud Thuds come quicker and more frequently (by 10% for me) on Venus Orbs (but it also felt easier to secure a loud thud on the first chest or two using Venus Orbs, which is consistent with our existing knowledge that Venus increases the chances of better thuds, of course). If we can someday confirm that the loot tables between the orbs are shared 100% identically (ie, a Loud Thud from a Mars is on the same loot table as a Loud Thud from a Venus), then we can compile the player data on Loud Thud occurrences and determine if a Venus Orb is worth the four extra vouchers. My sample size is small and who knows what an additional year of player data will yield.

Do note that I have placed a great emphasis on Loud Thuds here and so I push through for Loud Thuds, sometimes ignoring multiple thuds. Perhaps it's time to *** my strategy, but overall...

...in 15 Loud Thuds across both orb types, I have seen nothing but a rain of Zi'Tah gear, a ton of mats and stones, the occasional odd Escha/Reis weapon, and a massive ton of ***-all.

To anyone considering making additional mules: Remember, this is truly a lottery event.
Excellent info. I agree on the Venus orb info. I noticed a lot less first to second chest mimic on Venus orbs compared to mars
By volkom 2018-11-19 20:54:17
Link | Citer | R

got a new lockstyle weapon :o

By huttburt<3 2018-11-20 00:15:29
Link | Citer | R

This event is frickin lame.
 Bahamut.Agerine
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-11-20 00:26:57
Link | Citer | R

huttburt<3 said: »
This event is frickin lame.

Try not to get so butthurt over it<3
[+]
 Phoenix.Skyfire
Serveur: Phoenix
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2018-11-20 03:59:34
Link | Citer | R

What sucks is the fact that even with a Venus orb you can open 9 out of 10 chests and not get a loud thud, maybe pushing for one isn't always the best case.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dekay
Serveur: Leviathan
user: dekayx
By Leviathan.Dekay 2018-11-20 08:27:53
Link | Citer | R

Venus Orb this morning.

I generally spend more of my mains vouchers on Mars and go for Venus on my mule. First time I got something rare-ish.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2018-11-20 11:20:51
Link | Citer | R

After two failed runs on my alts, I used a Mars Orb and got a loud thud on the first chest I opened. I risked one more chest after that and got noise.

I got an Iris, Kyrene's Earring, and a piece of Staghorn Coral.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-11-20 11:24:27
Link | Citer | R

Can you get the good rare/ex stuff (Ou items, Omen bodies, etc) from only Thuds and Loud Thuds, or noises too?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-11-20 11:36:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
Can you get the good rare/ex stuff (Ou items, Omen bodies, etc) from only Thuds and Loud Thuds, or noises too?
Someone has posted a screenshot of an omen body from just 3 noises. I think that the loot you get from the gold box itself has a minimal chance of dropping the good stuff on it's own, so there's always some possibility.

Personally over 500 orbs deep now, seen 4 omen bodies, 2 tartarus mails, 1 regal hands, and all of them were from loud thuds. About 0/60 on 2x normal thud giving anything to write home about. Have seen some zitah bodies and weapons without a loud thud, though.
 Asura.Farroh
user: Farroh
By Asura.Farroh 2018-11-20 11:37:25
Link | Citer | R

so far ive gotten 2 good drops for loud thud.

also i have a gambling problem...
[+]
By tyalangan 2018-11-20 13:22:05
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
Someone has posted a screenshot of an omen body from just 3 noises. I think that the loot you get from the gold box itself has a minimal chance of dropping the good stuff on it's own, so there's always some possibility.

Personally over 500 orbs deep now, seen 4 omen bodies, 2 tartarus mails, 1 regal hands, and all of them were from loud thuds. About 0/60 on 2x normal thud giving anything to write home about. Have seen some zitah bodies and weapons without a loud thud, though.

1-2%~ chance at Omen body and Ou gear. I think that’s about what we could expect. Would like to see how many Loud Thuds equates to those 7 items. 10% Chance off a Loud Thud? Less?
 Shiva.Applesmash
Serveur: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2018-11-20 17:49:27
Link | Citer | R

Venus orb, thud > exit

Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-11-20 18:03:08
Link | Citer | R

tyalangan said: »
1-2%~ chance at Omen body and Ou gear. I think that’s about what we could expect. Would like to see how many Loud Thuds equates to those 7 items. 10% Chance off a Loud Thud? Less?
Didn't keep as detailed of logs as I should have, stopped even counting exact runs after the first couple months(though my estimates on #/runs should be pretty close just from multiplying #/chars by #/orbs available). If I had to guess I see a loud thud every 8-12 runs and something nice every 6-8 loud thuds, but we all know the caveats of eyeballing rates so wouldn't put a ton of stock in it.
 Bahamut.Asphaar
By Bahamut.Asphaar 2018-11-20 20:18:10
Link | Citer | R

tyalangan said: »
Didn't keep as detailed of logs as I should have, stopped even counting exact runs after the first couple months(though my estimates on #/runs should be pretty close just from multiplying #/chars by #/orbs available). If I had to guess I see a loud thud every 8-12 runs and something nice every 6-8 loud thuds, but we all know the caveats of eyeballing rates so wouldn't put a ton of stock in it.

What are your thoughts on the whole Venus vs Mars? Is Venus worth the extra vouchers?
By Boshi 2018-11-21 08:37:22
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Applesmash said: »
Venus orb, thud > exit

loud or normal thud?
 Asura.Bertoli
user: gario1
By Asura.Bertoli 2018-11-21 09:41:38
Link | Citer | R

I've gotten a TPlate and Regal Cuffs on my main. The Tplate was gotten in month 2 and I opened a few chests before getting a Loud Thud, the Regal Cuffs were this month a first chest Loud Thud. Both with Mars Orbs. I think I've gotten couple other Loud Thud's that gave me HTBF and Escha gear.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-11-21 10:03:25
Link | Citer | R

2 loud thuds in 12 orbs. First was khoma thread.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By geigei 2018-11-21 10:31:48
Link | Citer | R

1 noise, exit by accident = TT mail.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-11-21 10:36:27
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
there was a Loud Thud in the runs in which they dropped (but they may or may not have been from those specific chests)?
This, but from my experience it's pretty obvious that the slots break down as follows:

Noise: Synth mats only.
Thud: Armor, gil
Loud Thud: Armor, gil, bewitched gear
Gold Chest itself: Possible gear or mat. Probably where the noise only HQ drops are coming from.

I have yet to see any run where the amount of gear was not equal to the amount of thud/loud thuds + 0-1. Given I had empty mule in alliance to hold mats, there was nothing being skipped because I already had it.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-11-21 10:36:31
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »
I want ; (
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-11-21 10:37:48
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
there was a Loud Thud in the runs in which they dropped (but they may or may not have been from those specific chests)?
This, but from my experience it's pretty obvious that the slots break down as follows:

Noise: Synth mats only.
Thud: Armor, gil
Loud Thud: Armor, gil, bewitched gear
Gold Chest itself: Possible gear or mat. Probably where the noise only HQ drops are coming from.

I have yet to see any run where the amount of gear was not equal to the amount of thud/loud thuds + 0-1. Given I had empty mule in alliance to hold mats, there was nothing being skipped because I already had it.
Hmm from my small experience I have to agree with this analysis.
 Bahamut.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2018-11-21 12:48:27
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »
Makes me start to wonder if random really is random here. /sigh
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 67 68 69