Want to Buy ZNM Gear
First Page 2 3
 Fairy.Akiba
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2009-10-05 11:25:07
Link | Citer | R

I do not have time for a ZNM linkshell but I am wanting 1 piece of gear. I would like to buy a pair of Aurum Sabatons from some LS willing to sell em. Looking to spend around 600k (negotiable) but please list your price here.

Thanks!
 Asura.Korpg
Serveur: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-05 11:40:40
Link | Citer | R

Akiba said:
I do not have time for a ZNM linkshell but I am wanting 1 piece of gear. I would like to buy a pair of Aurum Sabatons from some LS willing to sell em. Looking to spend around 600k (negotiable) but please list your price here.

Thanks!

Then why should you get it?

This game is that you put as much effort as you get.

Find a weekend only ZNM shell if you can't do it during the night.
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-10-05 11:47:18
Link | Citer | R

Maybe he puts more time into his real life perhaps? I'll also say that for people who have busy lives/work schedules alot of this gear is just plain unobtainable for the reasons above, and spending what little time they have farming to make the gil needed to buy such items from the many many many many people who have rare/ex gear in their FFXIAH bazaars... makes sense.

It's not a new concept, it's been done this way for years.... and you know it.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-05 11:48:11
Link | Citer | R

Or they can farm on their free time and buy the drop. We've gone over this many times. The argument between buying gear and being in an LS to get the gear has been beaten to death. If you're not going to offer something helpful, don't post.

Btw... The only ZNM shell I remember on Fairy goes on Tuesday afternoons Eastern US Time.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-05 11:49:08
Link | Citer | R

Its not like getting the feet is hard.

I mean, all it takes is a little effort. You would get the feet faster by doing the ZNM, than by farming the gil.

Unless you bought it from China. By way of Brogame....
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-05 11:50:38
Link | Citer | R

Plus if the only ZNM item he wants is something that comes off a T3 it's highly conceivable that someone would sell it. I've hardly done that much ZNM yet I've still seen stacks of stuff go free-lot because people are after the trophies for a higher tier NM rather than the gear itself. I actually think 600k is too high a price, so I can't imagine it being too hard to find a seller.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-10-05 11:51:54
Link | Citer | R

Nah, for the rarity and demand of those, the actual worth is 800k-1m.

Unfortunately, you're not on Midgard :X
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-05 11:53:53
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:

I mean, all it takes is a little effort. You would get the feet faster by doing the ZNM, than by farming the gil.

Getting the damn things to actually drop can be a ***. Depending on how you make your money, if you only want the one item from ZNM this could actually be a more effective use of your time if you average it out.

But hey, mercing = bad and all that, amirite?
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-05 11:57:20
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:

How the hell do you have any non-rare/ex gear if you think it's faster to get a T3 pop than to farm 600k (or even twice that).

Sectumsempra said:
Nah, for the rarity and demand of those, the actual worth is 800k-1m.

Unfortunately, you're not on Midgard :X

As I said, I've not done a lot of ZNM, but I'd have thought they weren't so bad to get off achamoth rather than armed gears. Bit like how I killed Dea about 5 times and got no Enkidu's Subligar, then killed the troll and it dropped 3 in 2 kills.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-05 11:57:59
Link | Citer | R

Nightfyre said:
Korpg said:

Getting the damn things to actually drop can be a ***. Depending on how you make your money, if you only want the one item from ZNM this could actually be a more effective use of your time if you average it out.

But hey, mercing = bad and all that, amirite?

I personally don't merc. If anyone wants an item bad enough, I am willing to help them get it provided that they show the effort in getting that item (aka farming their own zeni, killing their T1/T2 pops with or without help, and shouting for help on T3, giving the others who help a chance to lot on the ***THEY don't want).

Thats the way the ZNM setup was, well, setup.

LSs who want their people to have the good ***get together to pop the T4s and Pandy for the good ***, and those who only want some of the pieces (aka Tomoe) shout for their help.
 Fairy.Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2009-10-05 11:58:28
Link | Citer | R

wow i didnt think this would cause such an uproar...

if people wanna sell items from mobs then what is wrong with buying them? I usually only play on nights when i have LS events. That is Limbus one night, Sea one night, and i try to make a Dynamis one night. That is it.

If you must know to make money I mine/farm/synth with my 51 Smithing and 56 Alchemy. I combine these, desynths, mining, and farming in order to keep plenty of gil laying around. I am saving gil for these boots and i see nothing wrong in buying them since it is my hard earned gil and if smoeone chooses to sell them for some extra cash.. then whats the problem?
[+]
 Shiva.Sutoni
Serveur: Shiva
user: Sutoni
By Shiva.Sutoni 2009-10-05 12:01:05
Link | Citer | R

i got a pair of them for 700k and as for paying for it i had the gil at the time so i bought Aurum Sabatons the ls knew what they were doing took them 3 tries to get them to drop they did 8 total hell i even helped zone the other waomura was fun fight to watch / help with
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-05 12:02:24
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
Korpg said:

How the hell do you have any non-rare/ex gear if you think it's faster to get a T3 pop than to farm 600k (or even twice that).

Marid is soloable by any RDM, or trioable by 2 mages and a DD.

Cheese-hoarder is also soloable by any RDM or BLM.

Guess what, they lead up to Armed Gears, which happens to drop the feet the guy wants.

Its not hard asking for help for those two mobs above, and its also not hard to farm the zeni required to pop those mobs (6k zeni takes about a day if you speed thru it, or a week if you spend 1 hour per day on it).

Now, you might not get the feet from the gears, but you will save yourself 600k if you do.

Its not like its a whole hell of a lot of effort.

And what happens to the popper who doesn't get the feet to drop? Tough to be them?
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-10-05 12:03:59
Link | Citer | R

Akiba said:

Normally it wouldn't but there is a certain someone who just loves to hear himself speak.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-05 12:04:29
Link | Citer | R

Akiba said:

Eh, it's just Krapg, he's like the forum dog. He'll bark at anyone, and it's fun to kick him, but that just makes him bark more. Only way to get him to shut-up is to ignore him.
 Fairy.Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2009-10-05 12:04:31
Link | Citer | R

i would rather not get the "might" and get the sure thing with gil i KNOW i can make in a week.

oh and as for the weekend thing.. i spend time with my son and friends... ya know.. living life.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-05 12:08:24
Link | Citer | R

Point being this:

Why pay for something you can get for free.

You said you only play during LS events. But you also said you farm/mine your gil.

So, instead of mining, why not take pictures? Crazy idea, but you could spend your limited time getting gear you want instead of whoring yourself out like some people from Odin I know of.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-05 12:10:52
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:
Now, you might not get the feet from the gears, but you will save yourself 600k if you do.

wat is opportunity cost

Really, aren't you an economics major or something? The logic here should be painfully obvious... oh wait, it's Korpg. Nevermind.
 Fairy.Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2009-10-05 12:11:46
Link | Citer | R

i usually farm/mine over days.. i do it for 30 minutes or an hour.. then i log.. and come back to it for a few minutes... rinse repeat. it takes a while but there's no hunting.. no indecision.. yes its repetitious but it makes gil. and you can check my history to see i do not BUY GIL for whoever suggested that.

if the pop items didnt cost that stupid *** Zeni.. it would be much easier.. but eff that.. i can get gil, which i enjoy mining, and spend it. so what if the one RDM who can solo those 1 and 2s... (i do not have rdm) and why is it bad for him to make some gil off his pops?

he spends his time on Zeni.. i spend mine on Gil.. sounds like a win-win
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-05 12:12:14
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:

Took me 3 pops of Armed Gears for mine. Thats 1000 + 2000 + 3000 Zeni per pop if it was the lowest amount. Average picture is around 90zeni? Roughly 200 pictures to get to that stage. Then finding people to help you with all 3 tiers... its much easier for someone who has extra gil to just buy if someone is selling.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-05 12:14:29
Link | Citer | R

Krapg said:

Guess what, they lead up to Armed Gears, which happens to drop the feet the guy wants.

Its not hard asking for help for those two mobs above, and its also not hard to farm the zeni required to pop those mobs (6k zeni takes about a day if you speed thru it, or a week if you spend 1 hour per day on it).

And what happens to the popper who doesn't get the feet to drop? Tough to be them?

He's asking for gear for WAR, there's a good chance he doesn't have the sort of job (rdm or blm for instance) that can solo Iriz Ima or Cheese Hoarder Gigiroon, on top of that, unless Cheese Hoarder has changed a lot since I did it, he's a *** *** of a thing to solo.

I'm well aware of how "easy" it is to get to armed gears, but that's hardly the point now is it? Can you honestly tell me that all the ***you just listed is faster to get than earning 600k? ***, you can damn near earn 600k faster than you can get the 6k zeni (which is an absolute minimum of 6 hours, more likely at least 10).

Then you have the fact that Armed Gears is a much bigger pain in the *** to kill than achamoth, and doesn't have the bonus of a ~500k sword that drops fairly frequently.

Oh, and for the guy that pops the NM and the feet don't drop? He still gets the trophy, which is the reason he was popping it in the first place.

Seriously Krapg, get off your *** high-horse about... whatever the *** todays issue is.

/stops kicking the dog
[+]
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-10-05 12:14:35
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:
whoring yourself out like some people from Odin I know of.

Lol... but you take the bait every time without fail, it's like fishing really.. you take a bite, reel it in and then let it go.
 Fairy.Molok
user: Molok
By Fairy.Molok 2009-10-05 12:34:10
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:
Blazza said:
Korpg said:

LoL dude,you seriously don't understand the whole point...it all and *always* depends on luck...if you choose to farm zeni/ask for help/etc. instead, you have to take into account that you could be very unlucky and not get the drop in several runs,(in the worst case scenario),or you could achieve the opposite,(item in the first few runs)...talking about the worst case scenario,all the time spent farming zeni/asking for help/etc. could've been used to make money,(ISNM,farming,other things),and maybe get the desired item quickly enough...

Its useless wanting to prove that one method is faster and better than the other one because its just simply impossible to say lol...want my opinion?,anyone is able to decide for themselves,(based on work,real stuff,etc.),and tell if they feel like they're better off farming for something or doing the <insert event here>...all i ever see in this kind of posts is just "buying R/E gear with gil is stupid,i dunno why but its like that,believe me"...

This is like the people saying you make big money with ISNM lol...yes,you can if you're lucky...on the other hand you can spend 60k IS and get 1 drop barely lol...

Korpg: "Why buying something you can get for free?"

Do you even need an answer to this huge generalization?...because unless the drop rate is high enough to give some kind of "security",you can try to get something for months and get nothing...Bingoooo <.<

P.s. sorry for my english (x.x)
 Cerberus.Mindi
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-10-05 13:13:01
Link | Citer | R

So far i can say the droprate on this shoes is better on Achamoth. When ppl in my LS started to get them when it was new we mainly did armed gears cause the "way is so easy" we did whole nights with not a signle drop with TH4 and doing around 5-8 pops. The way actually is easy, but so is the Achamoth way. Ob > Anataborga can be done really fast. saw multiple times 2 shoes on one achamoth. But its all about luck ><

anyways i really dont get why you *** about OP want to buy the shoes. In our LS ZNMdrops go freedrop to ppl who dont even have any of the Jobs at the level. Same with every R/EX item. LS who spam it for whatever reason (in our case: T4 pops/trophys) have normally an overload of the R/ex items.

Sadly for OP we are a Cerberus shell ;) GL getting your shoes
 Cerberus.Geldric
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-10-05 14:46:31
Link | Citer | R

600-700k is like.. an ~hour of farming.
 Fairy.Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2009-10-05 14:56:47
Link | Citer | R

wow Geldric.. i cant make that much.. tell me your secret lol
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-05 14:57:38
Link | Citer | R

Geldric said:

lol. What are you farming that you can make this much?
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-05 15:05:51
Link | Citer | R

Nightfyre said:
Korpg said:

wat is opportunity cost

Really, aren't you an economics major or something? The logic here should be painfully obvious... oh wait, it's Korpg. Nevermind.

So, getting zeni, doing pops, kill a few easy mobs, all that equals 2-5 million now?

You really think the little bit of effort it takes to pop Armed Gears is really worth that much? And still think its logical?

By the way, I'm an Management and Accounting major, not Economics. But I have taken some economics classes, and I do know the opportunity costs. You are overstating values, which is your fault, not anyone elses.

Akiba said:
i usually farm/mine over days.. i do it for 30 minutes or an hour.. then i log.. and come back to it for a few minutes... rinse repeat. it takes a while but there's no hunting.. no indecision.. yes its repetitious but it makes gil. and you can check my history to see i do not BUY GIL for whoever suggested that.

if the pop items didnt cost that stupid *** Zeni.. it would be much easier.. but eff that.. i can get gil, which i enjoy mining, and spend it. so what if the one RDM who can solo those 1 and 2s... (i do not have rdm) and why is it bad for him to make some gil off his pops?

he spends his time on Zeni.. i spend mine on Gil.. sounds like a win-win

Fine, thats your choice. Besides, you won't be paying 1 person to do Armed Gears. Because of that nice little thing called Rage. Now, I have heard of a RDM soloing Armed Gears (took him 7-8 hours to do so) but he had to die and zombie the gears every time it raged.

Anyway, you won't be paying 1 person, you will be paying a group, and I'm pretty sure that group will want you to pay them each for their time. That means, you have to pay them up front and, if you get the drop, you will have to pay them again for the drop. Meaning, its going to cost you more than 600k. I'm thinking its going to be going for 2-5 million for the shoes. You really want to pay that much?

Blazza said:

He's asking for gear for WAR, there's a good chance he doesn't have the sort of job (rdm or blm for instance) that can solo Iriz Ima or Cheese Hoarder Gigiroon, on top of that, unless Cheese Hoarder has changed a lot since I did it, he's a *** *** of a thing to solo.

I'm well aware of how "easy" it is to get to armed gears, but that's hardly the point now is it? Can you honestly tell me that all the ***you just listed is faster to get than earning 600k? ***, you can damn near earn 600k faster than you can get the 6k zeni (which is an absolute minimum of 6 hours, more likely at least 10).

Then you have the fact that Armed Gears is a much bigger pain in the *** to kill than achamoth, and doesn't have the bonus of a ~500k sword that drops fairly frequently.

Oh, and for the guy that pops the NM and the feet don't drop? He still gets the trophy, which is the reason he was popping it in the first place.

Seriously Krapg, get off your *** high-horse about... whatever the *** todays issue is.

/stops kicking the dog

So, its hard to ask for help? I mean, if a RDM can solo those mobs easy (and yes, he can solo those mobs easy, unlike BLU, which can't solo ***) then why not as a RDM soloist? I'm pretty sure that there are some RDMs who would love to have the feet from the Marid....or BLMs.....or a combo of both.

Or join a shout. There are a lot of ZNM shouts in Asura, I'm sure there are just as many on all other servers....

Bolded Statement: I'm pretty sure the popper wants something PLUS the trophy, otherwise, why pop XXX mob at all? Unless they got all gear that they want, which is very rare since humans are by nature greedy.

Molok said:
Korpg said:
Blazza said:
Korpg said:

LoL dude,you seriously don't understand the whole point...it all and *always* depends on luck...if you choose to farm zeni/ask for help/etc. instead, you have to take into account that you could be very unlucky and not get the drop in several runs,(in the worst case scenario),or you could achieve the opposite,(item in the first few runs)...talking about the worst case scenario,all the time spent farming zeni/asking for help/etc. could've been used to make money,(ISNM,farming,other things),and maybe get the desired item quickly enough...

Its useless wanting to prove that one method is faster and better than the other one because its just simply impossible to say lol...want my opinion?,anyone is able to decide for themselves,(based on work,real stuff,etc.),and tell if they feel like they're better off farming for something or doing the <insert event here>...all i ever see in this kind of posts is just "buying R/E gear with gil is stupid,i dunno why but its like that,believe me"...

This is like the people saying you make big money with ISNM lol...yes,you can if you're lucky...on the other hand you can spend 60k IS and get 1 drop barely lol...

Korpg: "Why buying something you can get for free?"

Do you even need an answer to this huge generalization?...because unless the drop rate is high enough to give some kind of "security",you can try to get something for months and get nothing...Bingoooo <.<

P.s. sorry for my english (x.x)

You honestly think that a group is going to sell you anything that may drop without some sort of benfit in case it doesn't?

You are probably going to have to pay 600k just to pop the mob and another 1.4-4.4 million if the shoes drop.

Thats how things roll. People are not going to do something for nothing.
Geldric said:

I call ***.
 Fairy.Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2009-10-05 15:10:24
Link | Citer | R

if you have a level 90+ craft... then i can see how you can make 600k+ in an hour

also i am not paying for an attempt.. i am paying for the boots. that is what you do when you pay for an item. i spoke with a guy a few weeks ago and they pop things, as a small man LS, and sell the drops for gil. this is how they "farm"

so no its not 1-2mil.. its 600-800k. concrete
First Page 2 3