Forum » FFXI » Servers » Fairy » Want to Buy ZNM Gear
Want to Buy ZNM Gear
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Serveur: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-10-05 15:10:27
Link | Citer | R

Korpg, you obviously haven't done any mercenary work. If he wants the boots, he contacts the shell. When the shell fights it at a time when he's on to buy, if the boots drop, they get the 600k or w/e and he walks home happy. He won't be paying 2.5mil or whatever you keep assuming.

He'll be paying 600k. Or whatever the heck they agree on.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Serveur: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-05 15:17:07
Link | Citer | R

Akiba said:
if you have a level 90+ craft... then i can see how you can make 600k+ in an hour

also i am not paying for an attempt.. i am paying for the boots. that is what you do when you pay for an item. i spoke with a guy a few weeks ago and they pop things, as a small man LS, and sell the drops for gil. this is how they "farm"

so no its not 1-2mil.. its 600-800k. concrete

I doubt any shell will do anything for free. Even if they pop just for the trophy for Cerby or Tinnin (I forget which one that path leads) they won't tell you that. They will charge you for the attempt, and if the shoes drop, they will sell you the shoes.

Its not that I never done merc work before, its that I know how greedy people are. People will take advantage of you regardless.

So, if you put the terms of "600k or nothing" then you won't get anybody to help you.
 Fairy.Akiba
Serveur: Fairy
user: Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2009-10-05 15:24:20
Link | Citer | R

User submitted image

this is boring me... you sir are an idiot and i am tired of being civilized to someone who has obviously not evolved from a tiny caveman brain into a homosapien; so, until this happens please take your "blah-blah" somewhere else.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-05 15:32:12
Link | Citer | R

Good luck on your search for the shoes.

I hope you are able to find somebody who is willing to help you with that for the price you wish.

But, don't say I didn't warn you if you are unable to find what you wish to find.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-05 15:38:09
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:
Akiba said:
if you have a level 90+ craft... then i can see how you can make 600k+ in an hour

also i am not paying for an attempt.. i am paying for the boots. that is what you do when you pay for an item. i spoke with a guy a few weeks ago and they pop things, as a small man LS, and sell the drops for gil. this is how they "farm"

I doubt any shell will do anything for free. Even if they pop just for the trophy for Cerby or Tinnin (I forget which one that path leads) they won't tell you that. They will charge you for the attempt, and if the shoes drop, they will sell you the shoes.

Its not that I never done merc work before, its that I know how greedy people are. People will take advantage of you regardless.

So, if you put the terms of "600k or nothing" then you won't get anybody to help you.

this is why Koenig Cuirass Abjuration is sold for 10 mill and black belt items for 3 mill
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-05 15:46:40
Link | Citer | R

they drop from armed gears what can be low maned even soloed with right peeps and enoughtime
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-05 15:54:53
Link | Citer | R

Heimdall said:
Korpg said:
Akiba said:

this is why Koenig Cuirass Abjuration is sold for 10 mill and black belt items for 3 mill

See, there is a difference between Kings and pops.

Kings are 100% pop on specific times. Its all dependant on the Linkshell who claims/kills it and if they want to sell it or not. No one person has to do anything except kill it.

Pops, on the other hand, require somebody to work on it. Somebody has to farm the zeni, kill the mobs that gets you to the T3 pop, and buy the pop from the NPC (which, in case you didn't know, makes you lose the seals saved up for that 1 T3, so if you don't get the drop, you have to do it all over again). It takes somebody else's time, and if they are only after money, they won't make anything off of their time if the mob doesn't drop the item in question.

If they are only after the seal to pop a T4, then thats a different thing, BUT somebody is more than likely going to want the item in question, and usually those in a LS work together to get the pops together, so who would you rather give the item to: your friend who helped you get that far or somebody who will only pay you (and your LS) 600k for the item?
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-10-05 15:57:32
Link | Citer | R

Simple, Korpg:

If they're selling it, they obviously don't need any more of them <_<;
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-05 16:00:54
Link | Citer | R

Sectumsempra said:
Simple, Korpg:

I don't think we gotten to that point yet, since ZNM is still "new"
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-10-05 16:02:10
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:
Sectumsempra said:
Simple, Korpg:

Oh God, it's been at that point for at least 6 months.

You can buy/sell almost any piece outside of PW drops.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-05 16:04:03
Link | Citer | R

Sectumsempra said:
Korpg said:
Sectumsempra said:
Simple, Korpg:

The non Ex pieces yes.

But, people still are working towards their R/E pieces....
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-05 16:04:36
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:
Sectumsempra said:
Korpg said:
Sectumsempra said:
Simple, Korpg:

The non Ex pieces yes.

But, people still are working towards their R/E pieces....

Obviously not the ones who are selling it =/

Let me give you an example. I have Aurum Feet. If I wanted to try to go for Tomoe, if Aurum load in the loot pool then there is a pair of boots that I can't obtain. So why not make gil off of it?
[+]
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-10-05 16:05:52
Link | Citer | R

I've personally sold around 5 R/ex pieces that were duoable/low manable within the three weeks that my ZNM shell was functional.

So yeah, on a server as crappy as Midgard, that's a pretty damn good market.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mindi
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-10-05 16:08:36
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:
Sectumsempra said:
Simple, Korpg:

our aurum boots(and other parts) and all oracle stuff drop freelot to ppl with jobs lv 1 or are lost since 95% have it (and the other 5% arent there)

you should just shut up when you have no clue what you talking about

you seem to really know nothing about anything endgame drop related. Maybe you live on another world, who knows... but be it sky,sea,znm,HNM stuff, all get sold by LS who do this stuff regular. There even exist LS that only exist to pop outside ***or to sell stuff.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-05 16:11:00
Link | Citer | R

Sectumsempra said:
I've personally sold around 5 R/ex pieces that were duoable/low manable within the three weeks that my ZNM shell was functional.

So yeah, on a server as crappy as Midgard, that's a pretty damn good market.

Then good for you.

There isn't a market much for it on Asura, so I didn't know there was a market period.
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-10-05 16:12:01
Link | Citer | R

Mindi said:
Korpg said:
Sectumsempra said:
Simple, Korpg:

our aurum boots(and other parts) and all oracle stuff drop freelot to ppl with jobs lv 1 or are lost since 95% have it (and the other 5% arent there)

you should just shut up when you have no clue what you talking about

you seem to really know nothing about anything endgame drop related. Maybe you live on another world, who knows... but be it sky,sea,znm,HNM stuff, all get sold by LS who do this stuff regular. There even exist LS that only exist to pop outside ***or to sell stuff.

Thanks I didn't want to say it.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-10-05 16:20:49
Link | Citer | R

Though there may be no market from what you think Korpg on your server but it works for others.

Ppl can sell or want to buy whatever they want on the game. If a LS is willing to do it, that is the deal they make with the buyer/seller.

If you do not like what they want to spend their gil on, then don't post. I don't see why you have an issue here. So just move along please. Thanks.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-05 16:33:17
Link | Citer | R

Alyria said:
Though there may be no market from what you think Korpg on your server but it works for others.

Ppl can sell or want to buy whatever they want on the game. If a LS is willing to do it, that is the deal they make with the buyer/seller.

If you do not like what they want to spend their gil on, then don't post. I don't see why you have an issue here. So just move along please. Thanks.

My issue is the reasoning behind the purchase. Since its not exactally hard to kill 1 mob and farm zeni, and since the OP already states that he/she/it has limited time, I offered a simpler, and cheaper solution.

He has posted how much he wants to spend on it. If he gets an offer, good for him. I'm just showing him what he should "expect" to spend if he does get an offer. Since, I find it unreasonable to A) buy something like this in the first place since its easy to get, and B) if he really wants to buy it, he should not expect to pay nothing if the mob doesn't drop it, since that linkshell is selling their time for it.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-10-05 16:35:42
Link | Citer | R

:/ most LS that routinely sell this stuff are in it for the pop items for T4. So even if the item they have a buyer for doesn't drop it's not like they wasted time.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-05 16:43:32
Link | Citer | R

Blindphleb said:
:/ most ZNM LS that routinely sell this stuff are in it for the pop items for T4. So even if the item they have a buyer for doesn't drop it's not like they wasted time.

fixed.
 Garuda.Antipika
Serveur: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-10-05 16:48:42
Link | Citer | R

There's nothing to fix, if you're a LS that routinely sell this stuff, then you're a ZNM LS or a general EG LS which do T4 ZNM often (= the same)...

No LS would waste time selling T3- drops to make money if they wouldn't do T4 after, waste of time, shitty money, T3- drops worth nothing. You'd better be off to sea and farming novio instead, require the same amount of people that killing some T3, just as long, but you get valuable items...

I've bought Oracle's gloves for 250K... 250K and I didn't provide the pop, divide that by the amount of people involved killing the NM, that's like 20K- per player... (wasn't lowman'd). Talk about making money... LS don't care they want T4, selling drop is just bonus.
 Fairy.Akiba
user: Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2009-10-05 16:52:41
Link | Citer | R

But you have already stated that you do not know "what to expect" since this kinda thing does not happen on your server. I know for a fact that it happens on mine but i am just trying to find a seller in an easy way. so you giving me advice is like a wiping before you poo... it just doesnt make sense. Get it? I know it's hard for you to understand but the main point i am making is... If you know nothing about something, then shut up and try not to act like you do. Because ultimately you will show how ignorant you really are.

Also, your whole point has never been "to help," it has been to simply throw me under a bus for wanting to buy an item instead of doing all the ZNM steps. Your intentions werent help but to Troll and you have succeeded pretty well thus far. So do not come in here and act as if you are trying to "help a brotha out" when you were really attempting to enlarge your e-peen.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-05 16:56:16
Link | Citer | R

Antipika said:
There's nothing to fix, if you're a LS that routinely sell this stuff, then you're a ZNM LS or a general EG LS which do T4 ZNM often (= the same)...

They are both one and the same. I don't know anything about how a ZNM works, because, I'm not in one. Seeing how my LS does it for its members, there isn't a point in doing one. Plus, I think the one ZNM shell broke after their members got the ***they wanted.

Quote:

No LS would waste time selling T3- drops to make money if they wouldn't do T4 after, waste of time, shitty money, T3- drops worth nothing. You'd better be off to sea and farming novio instead, require the same amount of people that killing some T3, just as long, but you get valuable items...

If thats the case. But, does it hold true on Fairy? I'm not on there, so I can't say if that lone ZNM shell does the same thing. But, since everyone here assumes everything, lets just assume that it holds true, ok?
 Fairy.Molok
user: Molok
By Fairy.Molok 2009-10-05 16:58:51
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:

You are probably going to have to pay 600k just to pop the mob and another 1.4-4.4 million if the shoes drop.

Thats how things roll. People are not going to do something for nothing.

What the hell are you talking about?... O_o ...the aurum sabatons price is that one,600-700k,nothing more...they dont make you pay 600k just to pop the mob and millions of gils if the shoes drop,(i'm not asking for a ridill lol ----> 4.4m j/k)...where the hell did you get that price from... XD

In fact people arent doing things just for you...from my own experience i can tell you that zNM merc. linkshell pop mobs when they need them for their members and if they sell that one drop you want they contact you...thats why the price is "reasonable"...they're selling when there's the chance,they're not gonna pop just for you...but an active zNM linkshell will most likely pop achamoth and/or armed gears frequently... /nod

P.S. just saw your other posts...i'm sorry korpg,but you really know next to nothing about zNM merc.linkshell at least...anyway i already explained in my post...the price are reasonable because they dont pop NMs just for you and they sell drops when they want...good znm ls will trash lot of those R/E drops sooner or later anyway...there's a profit for them even for just 600-700k each pair of sabatons...
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-05 17:01:07
Link | Citer | R

Akiba said:
But you have already stated that you do not know "what to expect" since this kinda thing does not happen on your server. I know for a fact that it happens on mine but i am just trying to find a seller in an easy way. so you giving me advice is like a wiping before you poo... it just doesnt make sense. Get it? I know it's hard for you to understand but the main point i am making is... If you know nothing about something, then shut up and try not to act like you do. Because ultimately you will show how ignorant you really are.

Also, your whole point has never been "to help," it has been to simply throw me under a bus for wanting to buy an item instead of doing all the ZNM steps. Your intentions werent help but to Troll and you have succeeded pretty well thus far. So do not come in here and act as if you are trying to "help a brotha out" when you were really attempting to enlarge your e-peen.

The whole point of this was to show you why buying it for 600k was A) not needed and B) too cheap.

You are very optimistic in thinking that you would buy something for 600k that others who worked for would want it instead and/or expect others to pop it for you for free. Even if they are doing it for the trophy only, they won't let you know that. Thats because humans are greedy.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-05 17:05:32
Link | Citer | R

Molok said:
Korpg said:

You are probably going to have to pay 600k just to pop the mob and another 1.4-4.4 million if the shoes drop.

Thats how things roll. People are not going to do something for nothing.

What the hell are you talking about?... O_o ...the aurum sabatons price is that one,600-700k,nothing more...they dont make you pay 600k just to pop the mob and millions of gils if the shoes drop,(i'm not asking for a ridill lol ----> 4.4m j/k)...where the hell did you get that price from... XD

In fact people arent doing things just for you...from my own experience i can tell you that zNM merc. linkshell pop mobs when they need them for their members and if they sell that one drop you want they contact you...thats why the price is "reasonable"...they're selling when there's the chance,they're not gonna pop just for you...but an active zNM linkshell will most likely pop achamoth and/or armed gears frequently... /nod

P.S. just saw your other posts...i'm sorry korpg,but you really know next to nothing about zNM merc.linkshell at least...anyway i already explained in my post...the price are reasonable because they dont pop NMs just for you and they sell drops when they want...good znm ls will trash lot of those R/E drops sooner or later anyway...there's a profit for them even for just 600-700k each pair of sabatons...

Why would anyone buy E.Body for 10 million? Why would anyone buy Black Belt items for 3 million each? You think something that good would go for less than 2 million?

600k is very optimistic. And since there is only 1 shell (as stated many times on this thread) on Fairy who does ZNM alot, they can set their own prices for ***like this.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-10-05 17:06:47
Link | Citer | R

Honestly who cares what he wants to spend on gil or offer for the item.

And Korpg you are not even on their server so why does it really matter to you. It's a game and it really doesn't affect you for getting the item so I don't see why you are still going to care of what they want.

I'm asking again to just leave it alone, it doesn't need to turn into a debate with you and their choice.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2009-10-05 17:08:53
Link | Citer | R

I think you like hearing yourself talk, Korpg. Moral of this thread.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-05 17:11:53
Link | Citer | R

Alyria said:
Honestly who cares what he wants to spend on gil or offer for the item.

And Korpg you are not even on their server so why does it really matter to you. It's a game and it really doesn't affect you for getting the item so I don't see why you are still going to care of what they want.

I'm asking again to just leave it alone, it doesn't need to turn into a debate with you and their choice.

You are right. I shouldn't care about him, because he can make his own choices.

Even though, showing him how he can save money, its his choice >.>
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Serveur: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-10-05 17:12:13
Link | Citer | R

Why the *** is this even being debated? Since when is mercenary work even considered rare, much less an argued point? lol

I made millions doing Omega drops after our small team engorged ourselves on hamam nachettoz and the like. The reason it works is because there's demand for it and in many cases the money traded is worth the time you don't have to invest. "Time is money" is horribly cliche, but applies very much to merc work.
[+]