Forum » FFXI » General » Resist Testing
Resist Testing
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-29 17:33:10
Link | Citer | R

Cool. The new round of tests should serve to identify the individual rates of the items, as well as a baseline to compare the Etio+Shrieker test to. Which should let you tell if they stack additively or not.

EDIT: I realize I'm stating the obvious, but I feel compelled to do so as this is really the only way I can participate short of resubbing. <,<;;
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-29 17:37:27
Link | Citer | R

Seem to have lost 2 birds in the process of swapping over, but the rest are still going strong and looks like it'll be a good sample. The tedious part is going to be getting enough gargoyle data to compare to it to judge for NM difference.
[+]
By tyalangan 2018-04-29 18:36:32
Link | Citer | R

wow so in your dynamis sample +## resist is straight +% additive. So this would be NON NM whereas the gargoyles might be considered NMs hence the lower rate?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-29 19:34:02
Link | Citer | R

Shrieker's Cuffs:
1440 Casts
164 silenced
371 resist!
905 resists
97 no effect

25.7% Resist!
84.6% Resist

Hearty Earring:
1447 Casts
177 silenced
77 resist!
1193 resists
90 no effect

5.3% Resist!
87.1% Resist

Staunch Tathlum +1:
1391 Casts
176 Silenced
134 Resist!
1081 Resist
147 no effect

9.6% Resist!
86.0% Resist

Etiolation Earring:
1453 Casts
170 Silenced
214 Resist!
1069 Resist
84 no effect

14.7% Resist!
86.2% Resist

All seems to be pretty much as listed/assumed, which is good to verify. The resist numbers float around 86%, which is also pretty much known (95% chance at full, half resist before quarter, .95^3 = .8573.. so damn close to what's been seen). I think results on normal mobs are pretty much settled unless anyone has other gear that needs to be verified. However, whether the NMs are simply a short data set or the stats are applied to them differently remains to be discovered.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2018-04-29 20:58:12
Link | Citer | R

Resist! Cap is 80%, yeah?

Sang Bugwhatever in Reisenjima is a good subject for stun resist. Trusts seem capable of tanking him forever and he counters magic with Stun.
By Nyarlko 2018-04-29 21:05:23
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Well, that's a horrible thought... Resist+ potentially being nerfed vs NMs I mean. That should never be a mechanic, and SE shouldn't have done it to killer effects either.

Well, Killer Effects are not purely defensive traits as there are ways to increase damage dealt based on relevant KE.

Dynamis mobs though are apparently special/exceptions for several things, so probably not the best target for figuring out baselines with. I've read that specific Killer Effects don't affect Dynamis mobs. My personal experience eyeballed says that I get roughly the same number of intimidations of Beastmen as non-Beastmen as BST/NIN in dyna zones. Never tested KE+ to see what the actual effective rate is inside compared to gear myself tho. EX: Vermin Killer does nothing vs scorpion pets in Bastok. Generic "Killer Effects+" does work still, though I've never seen reported data on whether that is full strength or not. :/

EDIT: I realize I'm stating the obvious, but I feel compelled to do so as this is really the only way I can participate short of resubbing. <,<;;

Just bite the bullet and come back to the dark side. You know you want to, and we have delicious cake. >:3
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-29 22:19:32
Link | Citer | R

Nyarlko said: »
Dynamis mobs though are apparently special/exceptions for several things, so probably not the best target for figuring out baselines with.
There is absolutely no reason to assume dynamis mobs would have anything but standard results when casting a spell on you. They behave differently in regards to killer traits because they are incorrectly typed. You have no idea what you are talking about, and this thread isn't about killer effects. The only reason they were mentioned at all is because they are weakened vs NMs, as these stats also appear to be.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-29 22:36:04
Link | Citer | R

Added dyna samples to second post, and got another 2 hours of gargoyle samples in with etio+shriekers. Data continues to support that resist traits are notably weaker on gargoyles than they are in dynamis, suspect NM flag is to blame, but will continue to collect data.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-30 00:02:41
Link | Citer | R

So looks like Resist +X is a percentage at the front to block that ailment entirely and against ITG monsters it gets reduced by half. Typical *** move by SE.
By Ruaumoko 2018-04-30 03:12:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
So looks like Resist +X is a percentage at the front to block that ailment entirely and against ITG monsters it gets reduced by half. Typical *** move by SE.
Actually explains why RUN is so resistant even against high-end targets. It can crank it's resistance up so high that even when it's halved it's still up there.

It also explains why Vex was such a crutch for so long.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-04-30 03:25:58
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Still will be good to have more data from the Gargoyles if you're working on that.
I did about 400 samples earlier but I only have my addons data. I normally use battlemod for chat filtering and for the test I was using SE's system and I guess turned on the filter for them actually landing so that wasn't getting logged to console when I was trying to clean up the output a bit. I just started collecting fresh data with this problem resolved.

Edit: Very nice with the dyna testing btw

They can be repopped immediately, so I just cast stoneskin, log out, wait 5 minutes for despawn, log in, repop once they are out of MP.
They actually despawn in about 2 minutes and if you try popping them right after this there is another 1-2~ minutes you can't.

What I've been doing is logging out for like 1 minute and logging back in they will still be up and it let them go idle and they will have a bunch of MP again.
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-04-30 05:04:04
Link | Citer | R

I think results on normal mobs are pretty much settled unless anyone has other gear that needs to be verified.
If both Arete dels Sols stack, combining them with Anu Torque and Icecrack Ring should put you at exactly 50% stun resist if all is well (and Icecrack is actually 5% resist). I'm having trouble confirming the stats on Terrasoul ring, but it appears to be 1% resist from BG (even though it's incorrectly listed as slow resist).

Which isn't enough of a difference to bother replacing another ring for theorized purposes.

My plan is to test the viability of a 50% resist set in Divergence areas the next time I have a chance.
No hard data parses, because I myself am straight, but some feedback at least.

I'll also try testing stun resist at 140% with Onca Suit just to see how much of an effect it has and how often various stuns will bypass resistance.
I could test it whenever with Sang B, but I'm more concerned about how it'll work in Divergence.

Based on the other results, I'm afraid the stacked resist is going to cap out around either 90-95% and then proceed to be pointless beyond that.

Either way, the point here is that the stat loss for swapping stun resist accessories over your TP/DT- sets is as minimal as it gets, most of said pieces are relatively easy to farm, and it would likely make a considerable difference for melee setups in Divergence areas.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-04-30 08:19:35
Link | Citer | R

So looking at the Brenner data we have it's pretty close to double the value we'd expect.

I'm sure you noticed this too just tossing it out there.

edit: Now that we have those dyna numbers.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-30 11:32:19
Link | Citer | R

If anyone has RUN99 (or a job with Resist Silence) and access to the Gargoyles, you could check to see if Resist job traits get similarly reduced against NMs.
By Nyarlko 2018-04-30 11:33:07
Link | Citer | R

Dynamis mobs though are apparently special/exceptions for several things, so probably not the best target for figuring out baselines with.
There is absolutely no reason to assume dynamis mobs would have anything but standard results when casting a spell on you. They behave differently in regards to killer traits because they are incorrectly typed. You have no idea what you are talking about, and this thread isn't about killer effects. The only reason they were mentioned at all is because they are weakened vs NMs, as these stats also appear to be.

There is also no reason to assume that mobs that have known mechanical quirks absolutely do not have other quirks as well, which means suggesting that maybe they might not be the optimal target for testing mechanics on is quite reasonable. I did not say it was an absolute wrong choice, and have absolutely no idea why you seem angry about what I said. :(

I know why specific KEs don't apply. I know this thread is not about KEs in particular, but they did come up as a possible correlation. I was trying to get to why it would need to be tested using pure "Killer Effect+" to determine if Dynamis mobs do/don't have the NM tag in case that was in question (I've heard both yes/no on this issue before, so there is at least a bit of confusion around it,) and whether or not the NM tag has a real effect on the resist rates... I'm pretty sure I had another paragraph or two on that post actually and have no idea why they poofed or why I missed that they did. >_<;;
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-30 11:38:22
Link | Citer | R

There is also no reason to assume that mobs that have known mechanical quirks absolutely do not have other quirks as well, which means suggesting that maybe they might not be the optimal target for testing mechanics on is quite reasonable. I did not say it was an absolute wrong choice, and have absolutely no idea why you seem angry about what I said. :(
There's a difference between 'the scorpions aren't marked as scorpions' and 'known mechanical quirks'. They use standard check, signet applies to them, they give exp in line with their level, they are not effected by any of the other known modifiers applied to NMs.

It's quite obvious they are treated as normal mobs, the test data is almost exactly in line with the stated values of the items. This test data was posted BEFORE you interjected with your ***.

I'm angry about what you said because you always do this, you shove your opinions into a thread where they have no relevance to try to show how clever you are. The reality is you're pointing out ***that the people you're talking to already know, and the people reading don't need to know.. because, wait for it.. it's not related to the topic of the thread.

It's the same thing on official forums, too. The truth is that you're a mediocre player with only a slightly above average grasp of concepts. You make long and useless posts with minimal relevance to the topic at hand just to showcase that you know some elementary fact. At least people like Drakenv and Fonewear realize they're wasting space.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-04-30 11:57:12
Link | Citer | R

Is the resist rate for RUN's Tenacity known?

If possible, would you be able to get someone to come out to Dynamis with you on RUN to test the base value of Tenacity. Naked, lvl 99, and has two hours to spare AFK with logs open?

Only issue I see is if your logs won't pick up their Resist!'s, and even then, I don't think that would be a big hurdle to overcome.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-04-30 11:59:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
If anyone has RUN99 (or a job with Resist Silence) and access to the Gargoyles, you could check to see if Resist job traits get similarly reduced against NMs.

Give me a little bit to check this out. This has me super interested and base Tenacity has been something I've gotten a lot of mixed answered on.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-30 12:20:18
Link | Citer | R

I have a dozen characters with pretty much every job, so I can certainly do a bunch more samples next time I go out to dynamis. Tenacity seems like a good one, probably best to test both RUN and BLU. I am happy to test anything else as well(note that paralyze, silence, break are the only readily available debuffs for this method).

Data collection on Gargoyles is exceedingly slow in comparison, taking at least 6 hours to make a respectable sample. With that in mind, tests have to be chosen a bit more carefully to maximize the use of time. Checking if resist traits, tenacity, and resist food are halved seem like good candidates. I am still thinking that dobsonflies are worth a check for potentially faster slow/tenacity/resist all collection, provided they are up on my server.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-04-30 12:22:17
Link | Citer | R

Gargoyles so far Hearty Earring
(Resisted!): 31 Regular Resist: 668 Landed: 109 Total: 808 Percentage: 3.836634
By Nyarlko 2018-04-30 12:28:49
Link | Citer | R

This test data was posted BEFORE you interjected with your ***.

First time I hit the "Submit" button didn't take and I didn't see anything after the point of what I quoted until after the point that I noticed and my post finally got posted. Up to the point that I'd seen when I started that post, there was only one post about testing in Dyna, which was why I asked if they were good targets to use. A simple "yeah, we know they don't count as NMs for other mechanics" or "hmm, good point, maybe we should change targets" was about all that I was looking for. Sorry for the delayed posting. :(

I apologize if wanting to learn the answer to a question offended you. orz
By clearlyamule 2018-04-30 12:31:26
Link | Citer | R

I know why specific KEs don't apply. I know this thread is not about KEs in particular,
We've known for a long time. They don't have mob types in any way that can be tested
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-30 12:31:51
Link | Citer | R

You got a simple response with at most a very light dusting of attitude. You chose to continue shitting up my thread babbling about killer effects and feeling offended after that, thus the attitude got worse. Please say something useful or go to a different thread to waste space.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-04-30 12:47:04
Link | Citer | R

You chose to continue shitting up my thread babbling about killer effects and feeling offended after that, thus the attitude got worse. Pleas

Wow, goodbye any goodwill to help you w/ testing. you are way out of line.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-30 12:54:23
Link | Citer | R

Nobody asked for your help, and the tests I'm doing benefit the community more than myself. But please, by all means, continue wasting space on behalf of this weeaboo retard.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-30 13:36:50
Link | Citer | R

Back to data. Dobsonflies are a pretty good source, they still have MP after an hour and I got 283 casts of slowga in that time.

Dagon Breastplate [Carmine Dobsonflies]:
283 Casts
15 Slowed
133 Resist!
143 Resists

46.9% Resist!
90.5% resist

At first glance, it appears omen bodies may function the same as other resist+ gear. Going to try Dagon + Miso+1 to see if I can boost the resist rate any higher, 7.5-15% should be visible in a relatively small sample if so. Will flesh out data set later.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-30 14:17:34
Link | Citer | R

Do we have a known cap for resist+? I'd be interested in seeing if you can hit 100% on non-NMs.

And then for NMs I have to wonder... is the NM potency reduction before or after the cap? (Stuff like Inquatarta is what makes me wonder about this. Inqartarta is applied post parry floor/cap, whereas say, block+ is pre floor/cap. Just to give precedents for these types of mechanics.)

Like, say you have 120 resist+. If the NM nerf is before the cap, then you just straight half that, and you're at 60% actual resist! rate. But if it's applied post cap(and the cap is 100%, then you'd knock that 120 down to 100, then half it for NMs leaving you with 50%. This would also make 50% the highest attainable resist+ for NMs.
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-04-30 14:45:37
Link | Citer | R

Do we have a known cap for resist+? I'd be interested in seeing if you can hit 100% on non-NMs.
Anyone know a non-NM mob that obscenely spams stuns to suggest?
I'll be eyeballing 50%/90%/140% stun resist on Sang B and boss statues later.

...after I get another Arete del Luna, that is.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-30 15:51:01
Link | Citer | R

Dagon + Miso+1:
550 Casts
31 Slowed
337 Resist!
182 Resists

61.3% Resist! Rate
85.4% Resist Rate

Could use more sample size, but it appears food resist+ is not nerfed vs NMs, which also means if there's a cap it's probably applied after the cap. Probably won't have a chance to get more data until tomorrow, but next up is stacking everything I possibly can (4/5 arke+1, dagon, staunch+1, hearty, miso+1, /bst, and some of the lv75 accessories if i can find them) to see a potential cap vs NMs.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7