Cerberus.Dekar
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-08-10 16:31:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
Resist Petrify does not work on Terror.

If that's the case, what about gear like Staunch Tathlum?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-08-10 16:43:27
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Dekar said: »

As far as I've ever been able to tell, Staunch/+1 does not cover Terror.

Correction: Three pieces of Resist Terror gear.
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-08-10 16:44:15
Link | Citer | R

Resist All does not either. Only Resist Terror gear specifically works.

Resist All and Tenacity seem to work by simply combining all the Resist traits found naturally on jobs. As such, they don't work on statuses without job Resist traits, nor do they work on Terror and Death, which only have gear Resist.

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

And again: there's literally only one piece of "Resist Terror" gear in the game, and not all forms of Terror can actually be resisted.
Did you miss my post last page?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-08-10 16:46:35
Link | Citer | R

Resist All and Tenacity seem to work by simply combining all the Resist traits found naturally on jobs. As such, they don't work on statuses without job Resist traits, nor do they work on Terror and Death, which only have gear Resist.

And again: there's literally only one piece of "Resist Terror" gear in the game, and not all forms of Terror can actually be resisted.

Yes I did. I corrected after reading.

And not to say I don't believe you, but I'd honestly need to see some testing on it. While HNM camping for titles/Mastery Rank, I pretty much sat with the greaves on against the three Wyrms and never saw a single Resist! so I'm a bit skeptical.

Never even saw a Resist! on Vtra's charm either, but that's a different problem...
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-08-10 17:09:58
Link | Citer | R

Yes I did. I corrected after reading.

And not to say I don't believe you, but I'd honestly need to see some testing on it. While HNM camping for titles/Mastery Rank, I pretty much sat with the greaves on against the three Wyrms and never saw a single Resist! so I'm a bit skeptical.

Never even saw a Resist! on Vtra's charm either, but that's a different problem...
Resist terror gear is a bit atypical for Resist gear. It doesn't proc Resist! messages. You just get a no effect message.
Here's a link to some of my old testing on Sagasinger.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-08-10 17:18:28
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »

Resist terror gear is a bit atypical for Resist gear. It doesn't proc Resist! messages. You just get a no effect message.
Here's a link to some of my old testing on Sagasinger.

OK, thank you Martel. Is appreciated, not trying to be difficult... I must have had extremely skewed results or I magically swapped them out somehow during my fights.

Cheers!
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-08-10 17:21:04
Link | Citer | R

I just played around with the 135 Unity dragon in the Boyahda Tree. I did it with both Capriccio and Resist All gear and did not see any Resist! on Absolute Terror. I've seen some with the Sagasinger + Founder's Greaves.

Likewise, I went to some colibri and tried stun. Resistance to all status DOES work on Stun. Capriccio did not seem to.

EDIT: Also, the JP wiki does suggest that Resist Slow works on things like Addle and Elegy. I know I've seen a Resist! message when using elegy before but I cannot remember which job type the monster was. Likewise, they seem to be suggesting that Resist Curse does apply to Bane/Doom. I'm going to go test Resist All for Charm on Lilith.

https://wiki-ffo-jp.translate.goog/html/795.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=ajax,elem&_x_tr_sch=http

EDIT 2: Based off some quick testing here is what I can confirm about "Resistance to all status ailments":

Works
Amnesia
Curse (no native Job Trait)
Stun (no native Job Trait)

Does not work
Charm
Death
Doom
Terror

Also, what about RUN's Pflug? Can it Resist! charm, death, or terror?

EDIT 3:

Warding Round did NOT seem to block Doom. (Tested on Mortal Ray in Abyssea Vunkerl.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-08-10 19:24:27
Link | Citer | R

EDIT 2: Based off some quick testing here is what I can confirm about "Resistance to all status ailments":

Works
Amnesia

Does not work
Charm
Death
Terror

Also, what about RUN's Pflug? Can it Resist! charm, death, or terror?

Nope. Just increases resistance rate of whatever you can natively resist.
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-08-23 02:43:06
Link | Citer | R

Updated tests regarding Resistance to all Status Ailments

When a monster WS applies multiple status ailments, each one has their own check against Resist! traits. These traits also seem to be applied before a magic evasion check.

Works
Addle (via Resist Slow) (BUT NOT NOCTURNE)
Amnesia (Heraldic Imp's "Abrasive Tantara")
Bane (via Resist Curse/no native Job Trait) (Fear Gorta's Bane)
Bind
Blind
Charm (no native Job Trait) (Dynamis Sandy BST "Charm" and Inimical Corse's "Danse Macabre")
Curse (no native Job Trait) (Inimical Corse's "Envoutement" and Apex Bhoot's "Curse")
Disease (via Resist Virus) (Apex Poxhounds' "Rot Gas")
Doom (via Resist Curse/no native Job Trait) (Enigmatic Vampyr's "Eternal Damnation")
Elegy (via Resist Slow) (via BRD monsters in Ra'Kaznar)
Gradual Petrification (via Resist Petrify)
Gravity
Mute (via Resist Silence) (Wherwetrice's "Sound Vacuum" inflicts Mute instead of Silence)
Paralyze
Petrify
Plague (via Resist Virus) (Buffalo's "Lowing")
Poison
Silence
Sleep
Slow
Terror (via Resist Petrify; Blue Magic only)
Zombie "ST20" (via Resist Curse/no native Job Trait) (Apex Umbril's "Necrotic Brume")

Does not work
Attack Down, Defense down etc.
Bio
Charm (Certain gaze-based charms such as Lilith)
Death
Dia
Doom ("Mortal Ray" from some types of Taurus including Aestutaur in Abyssea - Vunkerl.)
Elemental debuffs
Flash
Lullaby
Nightmare (HTMB Diabolos' Nightmare on Normal) (Resist Sleep does not seem to help either. However, Monberaux's Mix: Insomniant DOES block this. Chat log simply says he's "afflicted with Bio.")
Nocturne
Requiem
Stat down (-STR, DEX, etc. from Impact and Absorb spells)
Terror (non-Blue Magic)

Death & Terror Resistance
NOT halved on NMs! (These are unique "Resist!" traits.)

Unknown/Untested
Haunt (pretty sure not, minimal testing done)
Muddle (no idea where to easily test this.)
Repose (assuming not since Resist Sleep doesn't work)
Taint (pretty sure not, minimal testing done)

Bard Songs
Bard songs such as Operetta, Pastoral, Aubade, Gavotte, Capriccio, Fantasia, and Round all provide Resist! traits. It is unknown whether or not a magic evasion bonus is given like with bar-spells. See note under Warding Round.

Scop's Operetta (Song +7) Resist Silence
Resist!: 51
Landed: 35
Total: 86
Resist! Percentage: 59.3***

Puppet's Operetta (Song +7) Resist Silence
Resist!: 63
Landed: 29
Total: 92
Resist! Percentage: 68.5

Warding Round (Song +7) Resist Curse/Bane/Doom/Zombie
Resist!:11*
Landed: 7
Resist! Percentage: ~60
*This is an extremely small sample size but it seemed to help with Enigmatic Vampyr's "Eternal Damnation" (Doom). The size also points it it being similar in power to Scop's Operetta. PLD tank had hate and received the Resist! message in the chatlog. The BRD in the party simply got "XXX evades. I am unsure if the selected target of the WS changes what is seen in the chatlog.
**This song also seemed to help against Apex Umbril's "Necrotic Brume" (Zombie).

Herb Pastoral (Song +7) Resist Poison
Fowl Aubade (Song +7) Resist Sleep
Goblin Gavotte (Song +7) Resist Bind
Gold Capriccio (Song +7) Resist Petrify
Shining Fantasia (Song +7) Resist Blind
***Assumed to be ~60 like the others tier 1 songs.

Last updated 3/6/2024
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-08-23 04:28:48
Link | Citer | R

Nice job with the continued testing.

Updated tests regarding Resistance to all Status Ailments

Works
Addle (via Resist Slow)
Elegy (via Resist Slow)

These four I find surprising.*

*Resist Curse: I actually had to look this up and there is gear for it. I honestly forgot...

Does not work
Dia
Bio
Charm
Terror
Doom (Very rough google translate of JP wiki suggested it did)
Death
Elemental debuffs
Flash
Lullaby
Requiem

These I'm not so surprised.

Unknown/Untested
Mute (via Resist Silence?)
Nightmare (via Resist Sleep?)
Repose (assuming not since Resist Sleep doesn't work)
Nocturne (via Resist Slow/Addle?)
Bane (via Resist Curse) (Very rough google translate of JP wiki suggested it did)
Zombie "ST20" (via Resist Curse?)

These all might just be outright unresistable to be honest.**

**Repose: I suspect Repose may be a spaghetti coded Lullaby...

**Nocturne: If Nocturne is essentially Addle, wouldn't this be affect by Resist Slow?

**"Bane" or Curse Lv. II might be an exception, but you would need a specific target that does Bane alone and not both Curse & Bane.
(As of my writing this, I'm sleep deprived and can't think of a target. lol)
[+]
By Starbucks 2021-08-23 05:41:03
Link | Citer | R

Dia and Bio aren't resisted by any mobs so it is not surprising PC cannot resist them any way.
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-08-23 09:11:26
Link | Citer | R

A few people asked so I thought I'd post the set that I used to test all of this. It totals at +94 Resistance to all Status Ailments. I attempted the test on just about anything I could find. Non-NMs are best but I can use NMs if necessary.

ItemSet 381612

Sword: 10
Shield: 20
Ammo: 11
Head: 5
Earring2: 5
Body: 7
Hands: 10
Legs: 6
Feet: 10
Back: 10
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [69 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-10-31 21:07:12
Link | Citer | R

Putting a few updates on here:
I can confirm that Resist All protects from Bane, Mute, and Plague. I updated the big list in the post above. That really just leaves Nocturne and Repose to test. Then again, those are rarely--if ever--used against players.

I tested the Moglification: Resist Curse from the Harvest Pastry furnishing. It can be acquired by using a Mog Pell (Silver). It looks to be a ~3% rate on it. I CANNOT confirm whether or not it is 1/2'd on NMs. I assume it is but have not tested it. The same goes for the Resist Traits from Monster Rearing.

Tested Resist Curse on Enigmatic Vampyr's Eternal Damnation:
Resist!: 4
Land: 131
Resist! Percentage: 3%

I also attempted it again with the Harvest Pastry and 17 Resist All. The numbers seem to hold up.

Resist!: 15
Land: 63
Resist Percentage: 19.2%
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-11-01 06:12:17
Link | Citer | R

Heroic effort to try and quantify these things, but just worth noting that your measurements here have huge confidence intervals because the sample size is so low. The observed value is the best available guess, but if we eventually see data that the moglification is actually 5% potency, it shouldn't be a surprise.

If you want to more easily get precise measurements, you might consider looking at the extremes. I seem to remember 100% resist! is not possible (caps at 80% or something), but you can probably use a mix of resist + and - to see whether you can get off the 0% floor.

The strategy would be something like:
* Use chamomile tea (-30 resist sleep) and a known +30 resist sleep, confirm you do not see a Resist! message in 300 sleep attempts (can just afk with low level blms casting on you).
* Use chamomile tea and +25 resist sleep plus an item with an unknown resist sleep amount. Go for 300 or until you see a Resist! message. If you see a Resist! message, the unknown thing gives more than 5 Resist Sleep. Otherwise, it gives 5 or less.
* Decrease or increase the amount of known Resist Sleep until you have found the boundary where you start seeing Resist! messages.
* If you don't see Resist! messages at +23 known Resist Sleep but you do see them at +24, then the unknown item gives 7 resist sleep.

This strategy may not be possible for every ailment. I don't see anything that gives negative Resist Curse, for instance. However, Moglification: Resist Sleep does exist and I would bet the potencies are the same.

Remember to always start at an amount you think will make you see Resist!s. So if you think something has 3% potency, maybe start with -1 Resist.
[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-11-01 08:12:09
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Wikitaru said: »
Can anyone help by explain a little what is this test about?
It's to find which debuffs falls under "resist all status ailments" and which debuffs such as terror does not.
And which proc rate certain gear/furniture/spells grants.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-11-01 16:13:25
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Heroic effort to try and quantify these things, but just worth noting that your measurements here have huge confidence intervals because the sample size is so low. The observed value is the best available guess, but if we eventually see data that the moglification is actually 5% potency, it shouldn't be a surprise.

If you want to more easily get precise measurements, you might consider looking at the extremes. I seem to remember 100% resist! is not possible (caps at 80% or something), but you can probably use a mix of resist + and - to see whether you can get off the 0% floor.

The strategy would be something like:
* Use chamomile tea (-30 resist sleep) and a known +30 resist sleep, confirm you do not see a Resist! message in 300 sleep attempts (can just afk with low level blms casting on you).
* Use chamomile tea and +25 resist sleep plus an item with an unknown resist sleep amount. Go for 300 or until you see a Resist! message. If you see a Resist! message, the unknown thing gives more than 5 Resist Sleep. Otherwise, it gives 5 or less.
* Decrease or increase the amount of known Resist Sleep until you have found the boundary where you start seeing Resist! messages.
* If you don't see Resist! messages at +23 known Resist Sleep but you do see them at +24, then the unknown item gives 7 resist sleep.

This strategy may not be possible for every ailment. I don't see anything that gives negative Resist Curse, for instance. However, Moglification: Resist Sleep does exist and I would bet the potencies are the same.

Remember to always start at an amount you think will make you see Resist!s. So if you think something has 3% potency, maybe start with -1 Resist.

Honestly, thank you for the in-depth reply. Some of these have proven excruciatingly difficult to test--mostly charm, curses, and rare ones like mute and bane. Is there any way I can simplify my testing method? I take all of my data manually by watching the screen myself. Is there any way to have this done automatically so I don't have to sit there quite so focused? I'd be more than happy to continue my efforts.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-11-01 18:09:24
Link | Citer | R

You could use https://docs.windower.net/addons/logger/ and then with some text program string search certain keywords most likely.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-11-01 20:26:34
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, turn off battlemod and use logger to log chat logs, then:
1. open the log in notepad++
2. Use Find to count the number of ability uses (e.g. "blah readies mortal Ray")
3. Use Find to count the number of Resist! messages you get

If you can find something simple and spammy, that would be ideal. For instance, a hoard of goblin gamblers for sleep testing. Use a script that casts Phalanx every 2 minutes (without gearswap) to remain invincible and just afk while you collect data (also don't get reported and banned). Any data collection method that hits the kind of sample sizes you would want for single-percent precision is going to involve automation, unless you are using the 0% resist method I described above.

Beyond that, it is just a matter of identifying something spammy with the properties you want. If you can find a monster with Resist!able curse spikes that proc over themselves, for instance, perhaps you could equip D1 daggers and afk for an hour or two, then come back and search that section of the logs.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [722 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2023-10-24 09:52:49
Link | Citer | R

I finally got around to doing some testing on Death and Terror Resistance. The results were surprising. It appears that these traits are NOT halved on NMs.

Angra Mainyu (NM) -- Resist Death +48 (Shadow Ring, Warder's Ring, Odium)
"Resist!": 84
DEAD: 100
Total: 184
Percentage: 45.7%

Naul -- Resist Terror +80 (Sagasinger, Founder's Greaves)
"Resist!": 160
Terrorized: 41
Total: 201
Percentage: 79.6%

Empousa (NM) -- Resist Terror +80 (Sagasinger, Founder's Greaves)
"Resist!": 103
Terrorized: 29
Total: 132
Percentage: 78%

I am unsure if these are capped at 90% like Resist! traits. The only way I can get any more is with a Talekeeper offhand. BGwiki has it listed as Terror Resistance +10% but I don't know where that number came from.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-10-24 10:07:54
Link | Citer | R

Resist Terror and Death have long been weird outliers compared to other resist traits.

Now if only there was enough resist Death in the freaking game for me to not die to Aminon's Bane on a regular basis...

Considering how they don't share the normal nerf vs NMs... I wonder if they still have the same cap? The only other resist terror piece is Talekeeper. BG wiki has a note that it is 10% resist rate, but no references so I dunno where that value came from. But if correct, it would only put you at 90%, so you wouldn't be able to check for a difference in cap.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2023-10-24 10:16:14
Link | Citer | R

Considering how they don't share the normal nerf vs NMs... I wonder if they still have the same cap? The only other resist terror piece is Talekeeper. BG wiki has a note that it is 10% resist rate, but no references so I dunno where that value came from. But if correct, it would only put you at 90%, so you wouldn't be able to check for a difference in cap.

You literally took the words right out of my mouth as I editing my post!
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
Serveur: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-10-24 12:39:13
Link | Citer | R

That resist death on Angra Mainyu should be 45.7% right?

Thanks for posting.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-10-24 13:10:27
Link | Citer | R

Resist Terror and Death have long been weird outliers compared to other resist traits.

Now if only there was enough resist Death in the freaking game for me to not die to Aminon's Bane on a regular basis...

Aminon feels weird. RUN should theoretically have Bane at a coin flip but it sure doesn't feel like 50/50
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2023-10-24 14:46:10
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Philemon said: »
That resist death on Angra Mainyu should be 45.7% right?

You are correct! I had the math backwards.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-10-24 18:38:43
Link | Citer | R

Can you use the Resist All pieces to push it up to the cap?
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2023-10-24 19:30:12
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Can you use the Resist All pieces to push it up to the cap?

Unfortunately, not. They have no effect on Terror or Death.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-10-24 22:04:59
Link | Citer | R

I finally got around to doing some testing on Death and Terror Resistance. The results were surprising. It appears that these traits are NOT halved on NMs.

Angra Mainyu (NM) -- Resist Death +48 (Shadow Ring, Warder's Ring, Odium)
"Resist!": 84
DEAD: 100
Total: 184
Percentage: 45.7%

Naul -- Resist Terror +80 (Sagasinger, Founder's Greaves)
"Resist!": 160
Terrorized: 41
Total: 201
Percentage: 79.6%

Empousa (NM) -- Resist Terror +80 (Sagasinger, Founder's Greaves)
"Resist!": 103
Terrorized: 29
Total: 132
Percentage: 78%

I am unsure if these are capped at 90% like Resist! traits. The only way I can get any more is with a Talekeeper offhand. BGwiki has it listed as Terror Resistance +10% but I don't know where that number came from.

I'd best resist rates are also /1024. The more and more percentile numbers I see tested the more I'm convinced that every single percentile value in this game is just a fraction of /1024.

480/1024 = 46.875
800/1024 = 78.125
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2023-10-26 13:06:48
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if they still have the same cap? The only other resist terror piece is Talekeeper. BG wiki has a note that it is 10% resist rate, but no references so I dunno where that value came from. But if correct, it would only put you at 90%, so you wouldn't be able to check for a difference in cap.

I found something interesting about it on the JP wiki. Apparently they list Talekeeper as +10 Terror Resistance but they also list the Sagasinger as +20. Testing show's that Sagasinger is much more than that.

Terror Resistance JP Wiki

Sadly, I don't have a Talekeeper and am going to be out of town this weekend. Going to be a little bit before I can manage to get one. If anyone has Sagasinger, Talekeeper, and Founder's Greaves they could pretty quickly see whether or not Terror Resistance caps at 90% or the true value of the Talekeeper.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7