First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 28 29 30
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-29 19:18:19
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Yeah, and I'm not really happy about the lack of story.
I'm not happy either and I never wanted to say you had no right to complain about it.
I often complain about it myself as a matter of fact.
I was just emphasizing how confusing I found that you decided to link that to the "fun" concept of NMs.

Saying "NMs aren't fun because there's no backstory" is different from saying "I'm really angry and disappointed that they put no backstory into Divergence".
I can totally relate to the latter sentence but if we're talking about the former I really see no link between "fun" and "backstory presence" :x

Really, the rest of the things you're saying I don't agree with, but even if we want to say they have logic (I can see a certain logic behind that, truth be said) I don't get how you apply that only to Dynamis Divergence, whereas I've never heard you complaining about that in like 98% of the rest of the content FFXI offered to us in the past 14 years.
Stuff with backstory behind (like the Shadow lord you mentioned) was rather the rare exception, not the norm.
So really, if you want to complain about that sure, I won't agree with you but see and respect your point.
But if you're gonna do it just for Dynamis Divergence you're gonna make yourself look very biased towards this event in particular :3

And again don't get me wrong, I think there's a huge list of reasons to be VERY disappointed about Dynamis Divergence, it's just that I wouldn't mix them all together in that "no story no fun" thing you tried to do.
Just my two cents of course, no offense meant :x
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-29 20:23:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Has the sleepga range been re-measured recently?

Yes it's a 10 foot circle centered on target. What instrument you use for Lullaby effects it's range, all wind instruments including G.Horn have the exact same base range of 4 radius while string instruments can get massive range, much greater then sleepga. So what are you singing Lullaby in?

There is also the recast difference, 30s for sleepga 24 for horde. Sleepga is also 38MP.

The difference boils down to pull speed, do you pull, round everything up, sleepga then burn down or is your tank constantly pulling mobs to your group. The first gives plenty of time for single TH tagging but the second requires the THF to constantly be tagging stuff. We've done with both and /BRD was much faster.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-29 21:00:09
Link | Citer | R

Oh, no worries.

DD is just such a slog with no variety. Maybe, as a result, I wonder, Why are we here? more. Fighting these beastmen won't free these cities for the five races to return. Defeating them won't free Lion from her dreams. Dynamis without Diabolos and no reason is beyond the pale. It is just a treasure hunt offered by a Goblin that we try to kill, but he doesn't hold a grudge and will still upgrade armor for us. At least pixies stopped randomly curing us if we killed too many of them.

I have similar complaints about Omen, in that it makes no sense whatsoever that an army of Caturae have ascended the island and a canteen of Phoenix juice somehow lets us wreck one, once per day. Or three in a row, if more convenient.
Defeating them doesn't offer us anything in line with Phoenix, its resurrection, the Caturae themselves, or an explanation of what Caturae even are.

I'm pretty sure I've tried to rationalize strange one-off content, connect the dots or otherwise chatter at length when they appear--which is more often now, than ever.
Just going from the list of endgame links at BGwiki: Skirmish, Delve, Incursion, Vagary and Sinister Reign all had varying degrees of story leading up to, surrounding, or at least hinted at by NPCs.

Then we get things like Escha, that gradually make less and less sense, as though the Development Team lost their Brady Guide of Game Plot.
Escha Zitah... Location makes sense. Why, in a Deadzone devoid of color, we have collections of same family colored beasties boggles my mind. Why some, but not all, Unity NMs spawn there is super, super weird. Random NM jewelweeds? Treasure boxes that don't contain tier 1 pop items? And lastly, why is it only here that sometimes defeating a Geas Fete NM results in a surprise bonus NM?
Escha Ru'an... Okay, I'm following the location progression. Original Deadzone concerns still unanswered. New questions arise like, why are there Sea and Abyssea mobs here? Flying pigs? Boxes of Boyahda moss?
Then comes Reisenjima, out of left field. Literally, just a field. No town, but we get Goblins that can convert XP into any lockstyle piece we could ever want. And Aeonics, which make sense since this is the special place where we ascend to godhood, but make less sense since the only way to make them is by defeating the monsters coming from the CoD. So, prior to the CoD's arrival, did Temprix have anything to do there?
And one of the common things across all Escha zones holds my greatest logic-frustrations--Domain Invasion. "Look out everyone! A Wyrm is here that we must beat back... Or else it will... Stand stationary... In a secluded part of the zone... And not attack anyone or even allow itself to be moved a foot... Before it just leaves after 30min of nothing." Anyone remember Guivre? Domain Invasion is not that.

So back to the point, which I'm sure some were concerned I might not have, I feel like what the Team is calling content now is just bigger Ambuscade. A NPC that grants entry to an instanced place with sub-minimal explanation, for loot that makes sense only in that it is rehashed in the order that the original stuff was visually introduced to us.
There is no depth. The plot is as shallow as my open inventory.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-03-29 22:21:12
Link | Citer | R

Odin did it
By aigulfe 2018-04-04 12:54:36
Link | Citer | R

Can someone who has done the dyna bonus area report back on how worthwhile i was in terms of cards/medals?
By grumpette 2018-04-04 14:33:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Has the sleepga range been re-measured recently?

Yes it's a 10 foot circle centered on target. What instrument you use for Lullaby effects it's range, all wind instruments including G.Horn have the exact same base range of 4 radius while string instruments can get massive range, much greater then sleepga. So what are you singing Lullaby in?

There is also the recast difference, 30s for sleepga 24 for horde. Sleepga is also 38MP.

The difference boils down to pull speed, do you pull, round everything up, sleepga then burn down or is your tank constantly pulling mobs to your group. The first gives plenty of time for single TH tagging but the second requires the THF to constantly be tagging stuff. We've done with both and /BRD was much faster.

I guess I need to raise a /brd for my Thf and try this sometime. I've been using /blu for sheepsong which has a 20' aoe range @ 22 mp cost ... mostly because /blu can give my thf buffs over /blm. If I need to sleepga again, I use sporific if sheepsong recast is down. Sheepsong is 60 sec recast.
 Valefor.Terravcota
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Terravcota 2018-04-04 20:59:30
Link | Citer | R

Just finished Sandy the only thing I noticed is we got a Kindred Medal off a regular wave 2 mob - is that the bonus?
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-04-04 21:31:47
Link | Citer | R

We got 2 Beastmen's Medals from regular wave 1 mobs and 1 Kindred's Medal from regular wave 2 mobs. Killed every NM outside of Mega Boss and the rate on medals didn't seem to be increased in comparison to pre-update values.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-04 21:54:19
Link | Citer | R

1% drops became 2% drops.

Square increased drop rate 100% that's a FANTASTIC bonus!
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Serveur: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-04-05 00:31:31
Link | Citer | R

Which zone has the bonus, or is it all zones?
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-05 01:31:29
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Which zone has the bonus, or is it all zones?

Sandy
By geigei 2018-04-05 01:34:27
Link | Citer | R

We got 3 kindred each from last run, expecting to see a big crash in prices, to those forever afk in port jeuno trying to get rich with trash shards/voids.... back to farming dark crystals.
[+]
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2018-04-05 14:21:25
Link | Citer | R

We've full cleared Sandy last night and we've received 690 Cards. Our normal rate is usually between 420 and 460. We've also seen 2 Beastman Medals from normal mobs and 3 Kindreds from Halphas. Can't say for certain about the Kindreds on the Mega Boss but the normal card count is a very noticeable increase.

We've also noticed this unlocked an extra loot slot as mobs were dropping up to 5 cards.
By Felgarr 2018-04-05 14:50:19
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Gobbo said: »
We've full cleared Sandy last night and we've received 690 Cards. Our normal rate is usually between 420 and 460. We've also seen 2 Beastman Medals from normal mobs and 3 Kindreds from Halphas. Can't say for certain about the Kindreds on the Mega Boss but the normal card count is a very noticeable increase.

We've also noticed this unlocked an extra loot slot as mobs were dropping up to 5 cards.

What setup do you use to get full clears?
By geigei 2018-04-06 10:21:23
Link | Citer | R

A few blu's with support can do it.
 Sylph.Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2018-04-08 19:09:43
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »
What setup do you use to get full clears?

We bring quite a bit, at least 2 parties. The setup is roughly:
Party 1: DD, DD, RUN, BRD, COR, WHM
Party 2: BLU, BLU, BLU, BRD, COR, WHM
Party 3: GEO, GEO, WHM, SMN, THF, other Support

We constantly pull and try not to stop unless we've messed up and got people killed lol. The BRD pulls, RUN gets stuff off him and BRD runs off and pull more. BLUs mow everything down with magic and DDs pick up stragglers and rush down NMs. Our THF subs BLU for AoE debuffs to tag TH and has other support spells/traits to stay alive and active.

Wardeniv (our main RUN) usually streams our run if you wanna see how it goes in real time here: https://www.twitch.tv/lwardenl
[+]
By Taint 2018-04-11 14:06:18
Link | Citer | R

Anyone seen a Kindred or beastmen medal off a statue since event started?

We only did a small sample today but if HQs can drop we will bring more mules going forward.
By Quizzy 2018-04-11 14:37:08
Link | Citer | R

We got 3 medals off of statues in bastok last night. It might have been more, I had to afk after midboss.
By benitez 2018-04-12 14:18:45
Link | Citer | R

Anyone noticing a change in the drop rate on shards? We did a run in bastok last night - were getting currency to drop to each person from Statue kills - but only shard drops we saw were the torso's that dropped from NM's. Just bad luck or did the statue campaign break regular drops?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-12 15:00:26
Link | Citer | R

Noticed a -dramatic- difference in the amount I got from the box. that's for damn sure lol.

Just burned 200 keys, and got ONE shard. (random is random etc)
 Sylph.Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2018-04-12 15:08:48
Link | Citer | R

benitez said: »
Anyone noticing a change in the drop rate on shards? We did a run in bastok last night - were getting currency to drop to each person from Statue kills - but only shard drops we saw were the torso's that dropped from NM's. Just bad luck or did the statue campaign break regular drops?

Just bad luck from what we've noticed last night, got just over our average Non-Torso shard rate (15) on our end. Total cards from wave 1 statues was 57 for us.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-12 22:19:53
Link | Citer | R

Tonight's distribution...

1 Kindred Medal
6 Beastman Medal

Rusted Cards 590
Blackened Cards 163

Personal drops were around 50 Rusted cards each and 15 Blackened cards each. Stupid amounts of JSE droped and we were focusing on running to the red eye NM's.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-12 22:27:59
Link | Citer | R

So the statues give personal pool now during the campaign, or is that part of the city bonus.

Just an actual curiosity, still zero interest in it. Only care for speculation on future of the value of relic+3
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-12 22:31:08
Link | Citer | R

Statues give personal pools, it's a huge amount when multiplied across all participants.
[+]
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2018-04-26 22:45:12
Link | Citer | R

Any info on the location of the Dynamis-Jeuno NQ mobs that spawn a couple statues when you pull them? Seems to be one before mid-boss and one post-boss in the palace area.

Also, any way to tell which statue is a trap that will pop multiple statues?

Jeuno is already tough enough with links as it is, and then SE goes ahead and adds traps to an already congested area
 Shiva.Znitch
Serveur: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2018-04-26 23:31:28
Link | Citer | R

In Wave 1, the mobs at each embassy will each pop four statues around the fountain. These statues only pop two mobs each. In the palace, the wave 1 mobs standing in the eastern and western doorways pop a bunch of statues along the walls (five, I think?). We didn't finish Wave 2, but the northern most statue heading towards Maat's area (but still inside the palace) pops extra statues (I think it was four). I think the way to tell is that the statue-popping statues don't move at all... but now that I think about it, the corner statues in the palace didn't move either and were normal statues.
[+]
By geigei 2018-04-28 08:44:06
Link | Citer | R

Any strategy available for jeuno final boss@
 Shiva.Hiep
Serveur: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-04-28 09:51:38
Link | Citer | R

MB nuke style from the ledge at I-10 seems to be the safest method. It can be done DD style though, NIN subjob not needed.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 28 29 30