Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dynamis-Divergence Findings
Dynamis-Divergence Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30
By Boshi 2019-01-18 10:54:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Limpbiz said: »
Volte Haubert from windy wave2 boss last night, anyone have any other body info on which zones drops which?

It's known and well documented on the BGwiki.
(regardless - the gear sets were added 1 at a time when the zones were)

Jeuno - TH/resist all jobs set
Windy - Haub
Sandy - mage set
Bastok - stp harness set

they drop about 5% rate from wave 2 NMs.

same thing on the mega boss he has a 5%ish rate.

the -body- can only come from the mega baus
 Phoenix.Lobsang
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Lobsang 2019-01-24 11:54:02
Link | Citer | R

So before the update went live, I took a break but I still recall SE saying progress would be saved (Killed 3/4 think i missed Sandy). However,despite killing the last bosses prior to the weapon augment update Oboro just wants 10k JP >.<.

I assume I need to find a group again to at least kill a fetter to get the mask which would auto complete due to having kills logged? Gonna be a pain since demon medals are worthless so people are back to farming >.>;
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-09 14:54:07
Link | Citer | R

You can't use map in Divergence Areas, just like original Dynamis areas.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [87 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2019-06-04 05:43:15
Link | Citer | R

Is there anywhere you can fight halphas that supports don't get aoe'd?
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-04 05:44:50
Link | Citer | R

Use him as a tp battery and have your corsairs blow up statues to the ramparts. Have them stand at the top while wveryone else fights below.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2019-06-04 06:57:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Meliorah said: »
Use him as a tp battery and have your corsairs blow up statues to the ramparts. Have them stand at the top while wveryone else fights below.

these spots I marked in black? the little balconies?
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2019-06-04 07:08:56
Link | Citer | R

also where do people fight the quadav boss in bastok? and windy?
Just getting into killing the wave 2 bosses, only beat the jeuno one so far keeping rng/mages on the bridge by MH
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-06-04 07:25:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Fondue said: »

Short answer no.

Long answer, one of his attacks has a 25 foot range that hits everything up and down and whatever. If you can cast on him or anyone near him then your in range of his mega alliance buster physical attack. The best way we've found is to have double BRD rotations do some defense songs, a GEO in each party with barrier up and the mages standing within the bubble range. With that much defense his attack doesn't hit nearly as hard and you can power through him for a fast fight.
[+]
By Afania 2019-06-04 08:12:00
Link | Citer | R

You can place your support on the castle wall.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-04 10:33:57
Link | Citer | R

also where do people fight the quadav boss in bastok? and windy?
Just getting into killing the wave 2 bosses, only beat the jeuno one so far keeping rng/mages on the bridge by MH

Bastok we tank the boss here

at the mog house.

We use 2 bards and 10 songs.

Honor March, Victory March
Blade & Sword Madrigal
Valor Minuet 5 & 4
Earth Carol 2 & 1
Scherzo & Dirge

We do normal songs from 100 -> 55% we do this for all bosses and use a similar song setup for all 4 zones, rotating out our carols only for either other elemental resistances for stun or pushing more damage with Minuet 3 & Etude however with bolster frailty, dia 3 light shot and ageha/armor break I don't think we're picking up much extra damage from the added minuets.

With barstonra at 225+ potency from a whm and the two carols you should almost always resist the petrify, the two marches compensate the slow aura and should allow you to remain at haste cap.

Edit: forgot to mention, DDs & healers stand on the flank with thier back to the wall to prevent knock back, tank is cheating and using anchor usualy XD if they were not using anchor we'd pull it to the far back or front corner.

For windurst we all stack at this location.

Keeping the boss silenced is critical and utilizing indiwilt to prevent crazy spike damage if his attack buff is not removed quickly.

We swap to Wind carol 1 and Thunder carol 1, white mages use barthunder for the whirling kick to reduce chance of stun landing on us and barsilence to help prevent silence proc.

Jeuno we fight were the boss spawns and use thunder carols to resist stuns and give our whm and tank sv ballad to compensate for the insane virus.

San d'Oria we have been fighting halphas pretty much where he spawns and sending in only one team at a time, we use all melees and our support doesn't really have a difficult time surviving his aoes its just when double hate reset happens and he turns with counterstance is when we see our deaths start to pile up :/

I know a group that uses the ramparts that were highlighted in black a few posts above and have had success with that, but they use a ranger / cor burn method that eliminates a large potential for death, I'm not sure what their kill times look like tho. All kills and experience have been with melee setups only.

Hope this info dump helps!
By Afania 2019-06-04 11:26:03
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »

You can place your support on the castle wall.

Just noticed my last reply wasn't clear enough since I was at work.

Asura.Saevel said: »

Short answer no.
Long answer, one of his attacks has a 25 foot range that hits everything up and down and whatever.

This is false. If you place support and ranged cor on top of castle wall and tank/melee below, back line will never get hit. So ranged cor can safely shoot it down and backline can stay alive.

A few things:
1) before you start, make sure to do a cure test to make sure your cure can hit melees on top of the castle wall.

2) When melee got knock back occasionally they move to a position that can't be hit with cures. Make sure you coordinate with them so they know where to stand.

3) when hate reset happens, NM may walk all the way around, and climb up the stairs to kill backline. Use /assist <t> to call out who has hate on NM, then that person can run back below the wall to avoid NM killing every backline. The distance between backline and front is quite long, so you have plenty of time to do that.

4) like others said, If you have really strong dps to zerg him down, you can probably place him anywhere and still win. But from what I've seen without super dps death still happen occasionally with defensive buffs. Have some members stand on top of the wall makes it safer for newer groups, IMO.

Gl, hope this helps.
[+]
 Asura.Roughwind
user: roughwind
By Asura.Roughwind 2019-06-04 13:01:15
Link | Citer | R

Can someone tell me from experience if Aurix is essential to volte farming and increases drop rate? I have done 14 low man runs so far and here are my findings:
Run by #:

1- Volte Moufles
2- Volte Brayettes
3- Volte Salade
4- Volte Salade
5- None
6- None
7- None
8 -None
9- Volte Salade
10- None
11-None
13- Interesting Aurix was killed 100-60% wave2 and again claimed taken down to 0%. Obtained 3 Volte pieces , Handsx2 and 1xFeet.
14- None
**Note** Only attempted Aurix and killed on run #13 , at #14 we took him down to 1% and he fled, wave2 only 35% and couldnt find him.. got owned by traps searching for him and had to continue to avoid an impossible situation.

0/9 on Mega Boss so far . Was wondering if main objective is killing him before doing any NMs on wave2. Failed a couple of times learning the fight mechanics of mega boss but rdm proved to be a serious support addition for low manning small group of max support buffs and only rune/sam hybrid dps and sam. Disract3/Frazzle/Silence kept run very smooth. Ofc Thief mule tagging TH all times.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-06-04 13:16:31
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Can someone tell me from experience if Aurix is essential to volte farming and increases drop rate?

This is something that would require large amounts of empyrical data. Personal experience is going to be biased and makes for a very bad gauge on most things, but especially so when it comes to rare item drop rates which are inherently random by their very nature.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Unzero
Serveur: Odin
user: Unzero
By Odin.Unzero 2019-07-15 16:55:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
You can't use map in Divergence Areas, just like original Dynamis areas.

Except there *are* maps for the old Dynamis zones now.
 Odin.Unzero
By Odin.Unzero 2019-07-15 16:57:47
Link | Citer | R

Had a lot of trouble with the wind circle in Dynamis - San d'Oria [D] last night, are there any legit findings so far? I was looking at this forum as we struggled (first with the Orc Boss and his hate reset) and then with the wind circle just pulverising us when we weren't even sure what was causing the trigger. I'm kind of new to Dynamis [D] but am trying to find useful information. I'm going to re-read and look it up again...
 Bahamut.Kludge
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Cobit
By Bahamut.Kludge 2019-07-15 17:38:00
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Unzero said: »
Had a lot of trouble with the wind circle in Dynamis - San d'Oria [D] last night, are there any legit findings so far? I was looking at this forum as we struggled (first with the Orc Boss and his hate reset) and then with the wind circle just pulverising us when we weren't even sure what was causing the trigger. I'm kind of new to Dynamis [D] but am trying to find useful information. I'm going to re-read and look it up again...

The community had it figured out day one, more or less, but you'll need to dig.

If you're just starting out, you'll want to take out either the light and dark fetters first, where possible. The procedure is a bit different thereafter, because you can then sleep the Disjoined ??? with the respective light or dark-based sleep.

Generally, if you have your tank flash the fetter from 20+ and maintain hate at range, then the fetter won't hit anyone attacking it. Facilitate this with capped magic haste, job abilities, "Cure Cheat" sets, and Foe Sirvente, if needed. The sum of things needed vary by the number of and skill of you tanks. Prior to sleeping the Disjoined, the procedure is usually Flash>Blu Spell on DJ>JA>Alternate Flash/Blu Spell until dead. Just pull out if DD pull hate too quickly.

On Halphas, shadows negate the hate reset. If you're starting out and your don't have that, then the tank without hate can stand 15 or so away, so as to not get hit by the hate reset, and then flash / re-pull it when it starts taking off for your mages. Once you're more organized, your /nin cors won't get hate reset you just keep zerging.
[+]
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2019-07-15 17:48:38
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Unzero said: »

Can you be more specific about the wind circle? Is it the AoE when fighting the circle or the fomors themselves? For the fomors, my LS will pull one set at a time, kill the NQ that are most dangerous first (ie BLU, GEO, etc) then kill the HQ fomor of the group last.

For the circles, WHMs cast the barspell of the circle type, tank grabs the ??? zone boss and pulls it away from the circle, and the geo puts up geo-fade.

For Sandy, you may have more progress if you can one pt member (like BRD) sac a couple of circles to save time. BRD diagas the circle, runs away, everyone else kills circle, and moves on to the next one. For Sandy, my LS usually sacs wind+fire together, then earth, then lightning+light if we need to depending on time remaining at that point.
 Odin.Unzero
By Odin.Unzero 2019-07-15 19:45:50
Link | Citer | R

It's the AoE. We have a PLD sac-pull with Twilight set and then another tank voke the circle and supertank the ??? a distance away. When we're fighting it, instead of just an occasional AoE, the wind circle was just going insane, nonstop damage and it wiped us. The DRK got back up and hit it with Torcleaver and it did a single AoE instead of going nuts. I don't understand the triggers for the circle at all for the aoe damage it does. Like what cause a single pulse and what causes the multiple ones. And can't seem to find any definitive answer, either.

I just wanna be helpful to my LS
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Serveur: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-07-15 20:02:40
Link | Citer | R

Have a tank hold hate from 15+ yalms. They do aoe when someone near by has hate. If the DDs go nuts it will spam it. A PLD or RUN casting flash isn't gonna keep hate off of a bunch of torcleavers and upheavals for very long. Gotta plan accordingly.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Serveur: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-07-15 20:17:00
Link | Citer | R

having a dd open and a COR or RNG close at range has worked well for us. keeps the hate on someone far from the circle.
 Odin.Unzero
By Odin.Unzero 2019-07-15 20:21:10
Link | Citer | R

Thank you very much for this information, I appreciate it very much, I will pass the information along and we will try to make it work!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [120 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-11-13 06:48:57
Link | Citer | R

A lot of great information throughout the last few pages.

Question, has anyone optimized a low man pew pew strategy for sandy? If so, can you please give some high level information?

Thank you in advance!
 Bismarck.Felicix
user: Felicix
By Bismarck.Felicix 2019-11-13 08:30:09
Link | Citer | R

Run, Rdm, Brd, Geo, Cor and Trust (Yoran). Pull blue eyes. Standard dd songs, Sam/Wiz rolls. Spam sanguine & leaden.
Boss 1 and 2 Aurix. No nq bosses just farming.

As a group we cleared 8 medals (they get divided) along with my individual drops of 150ish crystals, along with 70ish rusted and 80ish old.
By Pantafernando 2019-11-13 08:31:37
Link | Citer | R

And whats the bare minimum for the boss zone?

Thanks in advamce
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-11-13 09:14:31
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Felicix said: »
Run, Rdm, Brd, Geo, Cor and Trust (Yoran). Pull blue eyes. Standard dd songs, Sam/Wiz rolls. Spam sanguine & leaden.
Boss 1 and 2 Aurix. No nq bosses just farming.

As a group we cleared 8 medals (they get divided) along with my individual drops of 150ish crystals, along with 70ish rusted and 80ish old.

Thanks! Also looking for wave 3 clear low man info.
 Bismarck.Indigla
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2019-11-13 09:35:08
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
A lot of great information throughout the last few pages.

Question, has anyone optimized a low man pew pew strategy for sandy? If so, can you please give some high level information?

Thank you in advance!
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53342/youll-shoot-your-eye-out-new-ffxi-rng-guide/
has some info related to dyna wave3 towards the last few pages of the guide you might want to read over. I think a ranger setup can be sort of overly strong since you don't really need healers for it, though our group has never tried it. Every zone also has height difference areas (some more convenient than others) if you wanted to go that route for avoiding AoE damage on the wave2 bosses.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-11-13 10:54:14
Link | Citer | R

Sweet. Our goal is to run it as low man as possible.

tank pt = pld pup brd geo whm rdm
dd pt = cor cor rng brd geo (6th up for debate)
By tyalangan 2019-11-13 11:12:41
Link | Citer | R

That doesn’t seem low man at all
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30