Dynamis-Divergence Findings
First Page 2 3 4 ... 28 29 30
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2017-11-10 15:20:28
Link | Citer | R

Killed giant statue near zone to north sandy which gave usual drops + 7/8 personal pool drops, there's golden helmet orc far east near original dynamis-sandy entrance called Halphas but didn't get a chance to attempt him with our small group (we went west to explore but found this out after just sac'ing in both directions towards the end of the run). Summoned trusts just to engage. Shadows might be useful, it appears similar to the orc in the master BCNM. Uses mighty strikes + tornado edge.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-11-10 16:13:17
Link | Citer | R

Apologize in advance, maybe I looked over this. Does the event scale with players?
 Asura.Inuyushi
Serveur: Asura
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-11-10 16:20:48
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
Apologize in advance, maybe I looked over this. Does the event scale with players?

I want to say no, but I have nothing to back that up. We took in 12 and didn't have any trouble. I would recommend taking in a full 18 to try and clear the zone as best as possible. There's plenty to kill in a 2 hour time period.

This event is so much like old Dynamis, I felt bad for those that never lived through that. You really need a group that understands who to assist, what to pull, and to not wake up the sleeping mobs. My group almost wiped because the tank pulled 3 statues and the summoner didn't realize his shiva was auto-attacking a random mob every time he did a retreat.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-10 16:21:11
Link | Citer | R

I believe it wouldn't make sense if it did, seen as the content encourages others to bring new players who have yet to beat it. To have it scale would highly dissuade groups from bringing more, and also, Dynamis has always encouraged alliances. The more players you bring the better, so long as they don't run off and get everyone killed.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-11-10 16:23:23
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

I believe it wouldn't make sense if it did, seen as the content encourages others to bring new players who have yet to beat it. To have it scale would highly dissuade groups from bringing more, and also, Dynamis has always encouraged alliances. The more players you bring the better, so long as they don't run off and get everyone killed.

I completely agree, but have we learned anything when it comes to assuming logic with SE? Haha. Just looking for a little verification since I didn't see it mentioned.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-10 16:25:03
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

I completely agree, but have we learned anything when it comes to assuming logic with SE? Haha. Just looking for a little verification since I didn't see it mentioned.

SE seem to have gone for nostalgia with this event, and as someone who did the old dynamis to death, I really welcome it. If it did scale .. I'd call it a failure, as would most others. It very highly encourages old school alliances consisting of a tank/melee/blm party. The biggest issue is getting enough players to enter at the same time each week. I think the 60 hour wait is excessive, but it could be lowered later.
[+]
 Asura.Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-11-10 16:38:47
Link | Citer | R

I'm thankful for the 60 hour wait. I would die if I tried to spam that daily. From a support mage standpoint (who did RDM sleep duty back in 2004) it gets exhausting. From a DD or Tank standpoint, it's not that bad.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-11-10 16:49:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Inuyushi said: »
I'm thankful for the 60 hour wait. I would die if I tried to spam that daily. From a support mage standpoint (who did RDM sleep duty back in 2004) it gets exhausting. From a DD or Tank standpoint, it's not that bad.

I'm torn due to time constraints. I'd like to be able to spam when me and friends are on. Just means it might be a once a week event now.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Birkin
user: Birkin
By Lakshmi.Birkin 2017-11-10 17:33:34
Link | Citer | R

My gruop has done a run earlier, and we noticed that the color of the statues affects the defense and magic defense of the orcs that spawn.

When we pulled statues while their eyes were blue, the orcs that spawned from them had very high defense, but they were taking full damage from magic. When their eyes were green, it was the opposite (very high magic defense, taking full physical dmg).

Also, one of the statues we pulled didn't have any eyes at all (they weren't green, blue or red), and the orcs that spawned from that one didn't seem to be particularly resistant to either damage, but i couldn't say for sure.

Can anyone confirm if they noticed the same thing?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-10 17:39:14
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Birkin said: »
My gruop has done a run earlier, and we noticed that the color of the statues affects the defense and magic defense of the orcs that spawn.

When we pulled statues while their eyes were blue, the orcs that spawned from them had very high defense, but they were taking full damage from magic. When their eyes were green, it was the opposite (very high magic defense, taking full physical dmg).

Also, one of the statues we pulled didn't have any eyes at all (they weren't green, blue or red), and the orcs that spawned from that one didn't seem to be particularly resistant to either damage, but i couldn't say for sure.

I haven't done new dyna yet, but in old dynamis blue-eyed statues heal HP, while green-eyed heal MP, so it would make sense. The red-eyed were usually time extensions or didn't give anything except treasure/exp etc.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2017-11-10 17:41:24
Link | Citer | R

Howdy ho' Sticked this thread seeing folks seem to be gravitating here.
Enjoy.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-11-10 17:42:39
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Birkin said: »

Could explain why I felt like some were stronger than the others. I reallydidn't give it much thought.
 Valefor.Heabea
Serveur: Valefor
user: Heabea
By Valefor.Heabea 2017-11-10 18:07:37
Link | Citer | R

we had a goblin pop on us, the same one that gives the empty hourglass, he warped half way through
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-10 18:18:00
Link | Citer | R

Just beat mega boss and since we didn't have wins, we all got a big individual drop pool. I got 2 beastmen's medals and 10 cards. When you kill the boss, the zone clears any remaining mobs and repops them with higher level Orcs and statues known as "Regiments" which are a few levels higher (they are similar in strength to the pre-boss pop buffed up "Leader" orcs from red eye statues). You can single pull mobs it seems when they are popped as long as they aren't facing each other since they only link by sight. We did also see a new orc NM in the zone once boss died called "Halphas". Might be another time extension as boss only gives 30 minutes.

Title from beating the boss is "Dynamis-Sandoria [D] Trespasser". Word of advice when fighting the boss. Do not station your group in front of it. About 6 statues popped as it died and we linked everything and wiped. Highly suggest to fight boss to the left or right corner or where it spawns to be safe.

Also, curious if number of people brought it scales the number of mobs popped per statue. Need testing on this.

Lastly, all mobs are dual job and can use either 1 hr JAs. The hybrid combinations I've seen from what I can determine are PLD/DRG, SMN/WHM, BLM/BRD, THF/MNK, etc.
 Asura.Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-11-10 20:23:34
Link | Citer | R

When you say mega-boss was it the boss by the Northern San d'Oria zone or the Mog House? The terms SE use are mid-boss and boss, so I'll use those. The mid-boss is by the Northern San d'Oria zone. The boss is by the mog house and spawns after the mid-boss is defeated. So if you're saying more mobs spawn after the boss ("Mega Boss") dies, then that's interesting. Maybe the harder mobs and NMs that spawn after the final boss dies drop the new Hydra gear.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-10 21:09:43
Link | Citer | R

I assumed the giant statue near the Northern Sandoria gate to get the "Regiment" mobs to pop was the zone boss as he gives the title. Think the "mid-boss" you're referring to is the higher level mobs that pop from the red statues which are called "Leaders".

Also, Regiment mobs drop the black ID cards and have a small chance of dropping the Void Footwear. Not sure what the "Halphas" NM drops. Possibly the other 30 min TE mob and maybe drops the Kindred's Medal. Still need further testing.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2017-11-10 21:50:28
Link | Citer | R

Didn't notice any new monsters after killing Halphas.
No time extension either.

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-11-10 21:54:39
Link | Citer | R

Mega Boss is Halphas
hard to do damage to him
gets REALLY mean below 50%

does some 30' move that pulls you in and did 3.5k on me as pup

automaton tanks it just great though. stay FAR away.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2017-11-10 22:04:05
Link | Citer | R

Upgrade items for Ankusa+2/+3:
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-10 22:27:11
Link | Citer | R

I was right. Halphas does drop Kindred's Medal :P

Also, the Mega Boss goes into a rage mode at the final 10-20%. He gains very high tp regain and will spam tp attacks back to back. Careful when meleeing as multiple seismostomps will wipe the party. I suggest sub ninja for dds.
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2017-11-10 23:19:08
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone found the second Time Extension? We killed N. Sandoria boss and Halphas, but failed to kill Aurix quickly enough. He spawned for us randomly twice from statues, and once after midboss was killed.
By aigulfe 2017-11-10 23:53:32
Link | Citer | R

Hmm, not a ton I can add. We also saw Aurix after we killed the mid boss... got him to 1% and he bounced. We later saw him again at 40% on a later statue pull and he bounced again. The fact he appeared at 40% for both us and Inuyushi's group makes me think that might be how he rolls. Maybe you gotta get him to appear a 3rd or 4th time before he hangs around long enough to die.

Leaden Salute can one shot statues without really any buffs. We'd pull a statue, Id shoot it a couple of times for TP and then one shot it more often than not. Didn't have leaden-type support either. I did chaos/sam roll for the melees, pretty sure we did frailty bubble, no voidstorm. Leaden is utterly ridiculous in there. I think even past the midboss my COR did 41% of the dmg in a 12-person pt with some extremely strong phys dmg melee players. The phys dmg DDs caught up a bit past the mid boss when we saw many more physical dmg mobs. It does seem like every mob that spawns from a statue takes either magic or physical. Its confirmed that the eye color determines that?
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-11-11 00:17:36
Link | Citer | R

eye color for sure does, i got my team to focus on blue eyes and i would tp to 1k and salute for a SC and kill the mob in about 3-4 seconds.

its double weather in dynamis all the time why would you want voidstorm?
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-11 00:33:21
Link | Citer | R

So speculation is blue eye statues pops weak to physical Orcs and green eye states pops weak to magic Orcs?
By Afania 2017-11-11 00:37:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kiyarasubrosa said: »
So speculation is blue eye statues pops weak to physical Orcs and green eye states pops weak to magic Orcs?

Its the opposite I think.
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-11-11 00:38:58
Link | Citer | R

Blue eyes spawning physical-strong enemies and green eyes spawning magical-strong enemies would line up with Protect and Shell. I enjoy when they make things make sense.
[+]
By Taint 2017-11-11 06:26:23
Link | Citer | R

We had Aurix pop right at the start. 1st or 2nd statue pull. Warped like everyone else has stated. At the end of our run. (We wiped). I sprinted though the zone and found Aurix up near the leather guild. Seems very random and not linked to anything.
[+]
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2017-11-11 13:11:22
Link | Citer | R

Couple of things we found in our run:

-Same mechanics as original Dynamis; pull statues to spawn a cluster of mobs, kill, rinse and repeat.

-NIN type mobs have nasty Mijin Gakure that will kill many people. Using SCH and RNG to skillchain them kept everyone out of danger.

-It appeared that the tombstones would spawn mobs with variable defense bonuses depending on the color of their eyes at the time of aggro.

-Upon entry, all drops from mobs will be the rusted cards used for getting a +2 item. I believe 100 rusted cards = 1 beastman medal and you need 3 beastman medals along with 2 footshards and some items for +2.

-The mini-boss is a giant statue that spawns across from the AH near the ramp to Northern Sandy. Killing him will drop personal loot to everyone. Seems like getting 1 medal was guaranteed and getting 2 was about a 50-50 shot. Average personal cards was ~15.
Mini-boss went down very quickly with SCH -> RNG SC and x2 BLM MBs.

-After killing him, 30 or more Orcs will spawn on your group. You need to get to a corner asap. They spawned about 15-30 seconds after his death. If you get linked by them all, it appears they have been programmed to all face the same direction. It's kind of amusing and looks a bit like a military rally. You can pick them off safely one by one from the back as they link by sight only.

-Mini boss kill gives 30 minute time extension.

-Side note: Trueflight or Leaden Salute with geo buffs easily killed statues with 1 hit keeping the statues from spawning any mobs. Could be used for a quick run or something.

-After defeating the mini-boss all of the card drops changed to the blackened type. These are for +3. So it would seem that if you needed to farm rusted cards you could delay killing the mini-boss until you got all you needed.

-Work your way to the MH and you will find an orcish overlord type mob named Halphas. Getting to him only is a bit tricky. It might be useful to get behind him and wipe, if need be, then you can fight him in the MH corridor.

-Halphas has a ton of defense to both magical and physical. Magic bursts only did about 3-5k on him. Trueflight seemed to do the most damage to him. At around 50-60% he starts using a 6 debuff aura which includes Avoidance (renders Battuta and Ochain insignificant). He will also begin doing a battle dance type AoE
with 25 yalm range that was dealing 2-3k to our party despite having Idris Bolstered Wilt and Fade up. Scherzo seemed to make a difference, but it seemed inconsistent. There was noticeable change in his speed and vigor at 50%. We ultimately timed out at 30%.

-From reading above it appears Halphas is even more difficult around 20%. With a Regain effect.

-Halphas had an afterglow to his body while we were fighting him. We skipped many tombstones using instant kills and wall hugging, I am curious if he is weakened by number of monsters killed, or if the number of tombstones aggroed with a certain eye color has any affect.

Questions I still have:

-For those that saw Aurix, did you beat Halphas?

-For those that beat Halphas, what damage was his AoE doing to you in DT sets?
[+]
By Afania 2017-11-11 13:21:47
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Mini-boss went down very quickly with SCH -> RNG SC and x2 BLM MBs.

Which element did you use? Fire? How much did they do? Leaden doesnt work too well so just wondering if WF works better.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2017-11-11 14:06:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Darian said: »
-For those that beat Halphas, what damage was his AoE doing to you in DT sets?

The range was pretty wide. Automaton looked like it was around 6-700 pretty consistently.

For everyone else, 1-2k (in DT sets presumably, otherwise it was 3k and you were dead).
First Page 2 3 4 ... 28 29 30