Dynamis-Divergence Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 28 29 30
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-28 07:31:54
Link | Citer | R

I don't know how to make this more clear, as a PLAYER, I did. So you can stop.
Since we page'd;
Quote:
Announcing the April Version Update
April Dynamis-Divergence ・Add weekly area bonus -

Additionally, we’ll be making some adjustments to Dynamis – Divergence, which recently saw the final area added. Each week, a specific area will be designated as a “bonus area” in which players can enjoy bonuses to item drops. We hope you’ll take these bonuses into consideration when deciding which Divergence area to tackle first.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-28 07:46:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I don't know how to make this more clear, as a PLAYER, I did. So you can stop.

I imagine people care even less about how you feel an update might impact your small business.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-28 07:48:41
Link | Citer | R

I mean most likely, but don't try to always make it about me. Made my comment, moved on.

Keep discussion to the relevant part, being weekly drop rate bonuses.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-28 07:57:44
Link | Citer | R

It's whatever. The drops are already in the Gobbie Box at roughly a 5% chance. Most aren't doing Dynamis at all, in which case, the higher drops will make the gear even more available from bazaar.
And for those that are already doing Dynamis, this is a straight up bonus.
What exactly is your concern?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-28 08:10:41
Link | Citer | R

It continues the trend.

Make a garbage tier event, update it to make it more appealing until the bare minimum is met.

Expect May to have;

"trade voidshards back for medals" "trade voidshards for different voidshards" "even more drop rate bonus" "set bonus"

Just make the *** event tolerable from the jump instead of wasting time trying to save face.

(this is different from their standard, hard til easy practice)

It 'acceptable' to move the finish line, that's standard, it's how you keep people playing. It's 'acceptable' to move the starting line, it let's people get in that couldn't before. It's unacceptable to keep changing the speed limit during the race.
By Taint 2018-03-28 08:29:06
Link | Citer | R

I've come to accept this event for what it is. Every 3 days kill a mid boss and warp to unlock jobs.

Spam Gobbie keys for items, sell and buy them.

Its much more efficient to make gil and buy items, unless you have a dedicated group that goes in and mows down the entire zone.
[+]
By Afania 2018-03-28 08:30:25
Link | Citer | R

They should make 1 volte 100% drop from megaboss.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-28 08:35:55
Link | Citer | R

Agreed, would give more reason to do megabosses past the first time.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-28 08:36:42
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure which is true, maybe both are:
1) SE is watching some metric and feels the drop rate of DD needs an adjustment.
2) SE is using FFXI as R&D to learn more about how they can influence player behaviors for current and future projects. This new announcement feels akin to the "Community Days" of Pokemon Go.

I think many are participating in this new content as Taint described.
I run with a group that, when it can be bothered, gathers on Mondays and Fridays to do DD. We've been doing the same zone twice each week. Mondays are hard-core, optimized, farm as much loot as possible days. Fridays are come as whatever you want unlocked, we'll kill the mid-boss with mules, clear days. So, this announcement kind of bolsters what we're already doing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-28 08:44:28
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure Volte is really good enough to care about. I was expecting the previously referenced weapons, this update. I figured those would be locked behind the mega-bosses, somehow.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-03-28 08:56:41
Link | Citer | R

Volte hands are master meva slot, unless reatic bangles, which are broken to put in a iddle set (unless bye bye mp if you are hit)
By Afania 2018-03-28 08:59:18
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
I'm not sure Volte is really good enough to care about.

COR pov:

Jeuno set:
High magic evasion and resist to all status ailments +10-20 seems god tier to me unless I'm missing something.

Bastok set:
Volte harness: ambuscade free tp before engage.
Volte spats: Solid stp shooting feet if you need racc in feet slot.
Volte tiara: tp wing idle head since it has higher stp than other head slot gears.

Edit: How does resist status ailment on volte works exactly? Is it like hearty earring that proc by %?
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-28 09:10:47
Link | Citer | R

So, my biggest problem with the Jeuno set is that it lacks any of the DD stats you would want to be wearing while in range to be hit with the status effects it might defend against.
So, sure, you'll resist more things while applying TH but...?

Volte harness, sure. I wouldn't lot on it for that, but more power to the folks that want it.
Volte tiara and spats could be by-passed with some time with Oseem. Same with the TH on the Jeuno set.

So, sure, there are ways some of these things could be used if one needs to find a use for them. But I don't see a need of them. Not trying to start a big discussion about them. Just saying their value is questionable.

To your edit, there is discussion in the RUN thread where folks are trying to test how status resistance works on gear.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-28 09:14:02
Link | Citer | R

Also, shout-out to those updating the DD page on BGwiki. It gets better and more informative every day. Thank you very much!
By Afania 2018-03-28 09:15:52
Link | Citer | R

So, my biggest problem with the Jeuno set is that it lacks any of the DD stats you would want to be wearing while in range to be hit with the status effects it might defend against.

Volte harness, sure. I wouldn't lot on it for that, but more power to the folks that want it.
Volte tiara and spats could be by-passed with some time with Oseem. Same with the TH on the Jeuno set.

Jeuno set is all jobs so it works for backline/more idleish job as well.

Regular herculean ranged path doesn't get stp, so it's not possible to get stp +6 and racc together on feet unless it's DM.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-28 09:29:38
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »

Regular herculean ranged path doesn't get stp, so it's not possible to get stp +6 and racc together on feet unless it's DM.

Or an off-augment, which happens with reasonable regularity. Choose melee, get ranged acc/attk.
Or buy NQ Adhemar gamashes for the 2gil they are worth now.
By Afania 2018-03-28 09:31:01
Link | Citer | R

Or an off-augment, which happens with reasonable regularity. Choose melee, get ranged acc/attk.
Or buy NQ Adhemar gamashes for the 2gil they are worth now.

Adhemar doesn't have racc, it's the entire reason why I listed it to begin with.

And lol gl getting max stp AND racc with off-augment. Getting volte feet attending ls event on campaign week could be easier than that.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-28 09:31:51
Link | Citer | R

The "weekly area bonus" thing seems very Pokemon Go-ish. This is just a pretty subtle way of ruling out the possibility of there being a Dynamis Divergence Campaign, unless that campaign extends the bonus to all zones.

Kind of interesting they decided to go the route of "area bonuses" as opposed to just increasing the drop rate slightly across zones. Wonder if this would have any impact on potential congestion. If so, this is an odd route to take to accomplish the shard/void drop distribution.

Kind of in agreement with Taint, though. I've seen at least 2 Shard items and 1 Void from Gobbie. It might be a good strategy for potential buyers to just wait for their respective jobs slot week to occur, and then buy during that time, since the supply of that slot item will reasonably drop increase with the corresponding week.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-28 09:38:38
Link | Citer | R

And lol gl getting max stp AND racc with off-augment. Getting volte feet attending ls event on campaign week could be easier than that.

I get max what I want only to be ruined with ranged stats all the time... Like my Herc pants with STR 10, Rattk 26 and WSD 5%. /cry
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-28 09:42:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Alfylicious said: »
Jeuno Set:
Volte Bracers

Easily best idle piece for WHM. M.Evasion and MDB destroy Inyanga Dastanas +2. With +10 status Ailment Resist on top, that is my one piece that I would absolutely LOVE!

The rest of the the Jeuno set and Sandy set for WHM is meh.

I see this as validating the existence of these hands for WHMs.
For the rest of the backline, I get not everyone can be out of range of everything, but being out of range is the whole point of a backline. Sometimes, a WHM has to sit in the thick of it.
By Foxfire 2018-03-28 09:43:00
Link | Citer | R

Also, shout-out to those updating the DD page on BGwiki. It gets better and more informative every day. Thank you very much!

it's mainly spicy.

The Jeuno Volte set is also good for jobs who don't have inherent TH sources and—being "all jobs"—is a huge inventory saver for those dragging around various DM aug TH pieces for different jobs, if they do.

re: status ailments, if it's following the presumed trend of everything else, it's +x% for every amount, so it'd be +60%?

Along w/ Staunch, that's +10/11. Maybe there's some merit there for anything especially annoying in terms of debuffs, who knows.

edit: bard and geo also sometimes get caught in the mix of aoe's and stuff, so WHM isn't necessarily the only one to benefit
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-28 09:49:08
Link | Citer | R

Sure, but the BRD wouldn't likely be caught in this gear. They'd be in their singing gears, or they wouldn't be in range at all (or are they the legendary meleeBRD of legend?).
And GEO should be wearing pet: -% DT, regen gears.

I get it, uses can be invented for these pieces. But I just see them more in theory than in practice. This just makes me the ideal person to take into DD, since I'm not competition for this stuff.
By Foxfire 2018-03-28 09:52:28
Link | Citer | R

In Dyna-D scenarios, bard is often in the middle of a group to cast sleeps on groups of enemies.

Especially in areas like Jeuno, where everything is so cramped and you don't have much room to stay back in, or you subject yourself to aggroing/linking more statues.

I'm not arguing whether or not /you/ should want them, just that they /have/ a use, and therefore should be recognized as such.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-28 09:52:40
Link | Citer | R

Foxfire said: »
re: status ailments, if it's following the presumed trend of everything else, it's +x% for every amount, so it'd be +60%?

Along w/ Staunch, that's +10/11. Maybe there's some merit there for anything especially annoying in terms of debuffs, who knows.

I don't think the equation is that simple. its not entirely a +x = +x% conversion, not from anything I've seen. I don't want to be dogmatic about it, but there were discussions in a few threads about this. Do you mind sharing the testing on this?

Quote:
Sure, but the BRD wouldn't likely be caught in this gear.

BRD can Lullaby in this set, for a TH proc on every monster. It provides a princely amount of Macc, so it might be worth it for a BRD in that sense.
[+]
By Foxfire 2018-03-28 09:57:50
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I don't think the equation is that simple. its not entirely a +x = +x% conversion, not from anything I've seen. I don't want to be dogmatic about it, but there were discussions in a few threads about this. Do you mind sharing the testing on this?
I'm only using the various resist pages as a basis, I don't think there's any definitive testing done on the matter that could provide conclusive results

to my knowledge, anyway
I ain't a damn scholar buuks get off my back gosh
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-28 10:02:18
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
BRD can Lullaby in this set, for a TH proc on every monster. It provides a princely amount of Macc, so it might be worth it for a BRD in that sense.

This is a very interesting idea. Though, bringing a geared THF/BLM will net a higher level of TH and never land, so never mess with the real sleeps, lullabies, or, what we use, BLU-stuff.
But, yeah, not a bad idea for days no one has/wants to bring a THF/ extra coverage of TH if the THF misses anything.
The role TH plays in DD cannot be overstated.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-28 10:08:07
Link | Citer | R

I agree TH is important. I never thought of THF/BLM. Great idea.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-29 03:24:56
Link | Citer | R

L oh *** L

Quote:
Dynamis - Divergence Statue Crusher Campaign

The fastest an event ever got a campaign? Officially the shittiest event recognized by square? Someones job depends on you doing Dynamis... they are literally begging you to do it next month.

If you're smart (which, who are we kidding, you aren't) you will continue to not do this garbage and show them you won't put up with ***. They will keep making dynamis more and more attractive.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 28 29 30