Dynamis-Divergence Findings

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dynamis-Divergence Findings
Dynamis-Divergence Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 28 29 30
By knoxvegas 2017-11-26 16:23:07
Link | Citer | R

Cleared halypas lastnight most ppl got a kindred metal in personal, dropped 2 kindred metals,black tag, and volte body. Set up was run pld whm rdm brd blm geo x2 sch x2. I was only blm so it was a pretty long fight but only really spammed the bad AoE move on 2 occasions but scherzo/SS/ was usually enough to stay alive.
By Sammeh 2017-11-26 16:36:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kiyarasubrosa said: »
Still no information on the 2nd time extension? Starting to wonder if it hasn't even been implemented yet.

Shiva.Siviard told me if you scavenge in the right spot; Aurix will do a suicide bomb toss and give time extensions.
[+]
By geigei 2017-11-27 02:50:46
Link | Citer | R

They adding another area with another armor piece, who saw that coming.
 Ragnarok.Camlann
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2017-11-27 03:16:38
Link | Citer | R

Bastok inc. Hoping for legs, but it'll be hands...
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-11-27 03:39:25
Link | Citer | R

If they follow the Omen upgrade hierarchy it's gonna be hands

Feet > Hands > Head > Legs > Body

Nothing says it's gonna be that way though, they don't necessarily have to follow that model, do they?
By Darksparksnot 2017-11-27 04:02:00
Link | Citer | R

Since they start with feet is safe to assume they gonna follow the pattern.

Is odd tho, do they think feet upgrade are so easy that we needed another piece after 1 month?
 Asura.Seriweri
user: seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2017-11-27 04:06:37
Link | Citer | R

Darksparksnot said: »
Is odd tho, do they think feet upgrade are so easy that we needed another piece after 1 month?

well, it is... the first pug runs that cleared that af+3 feet flag happened a few hours after the patch went live. everything else is just money. it´s not even on really short supply 3 weeks in as only a handful of jobs have desirable relic+3 feet.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-11-27 06:16:49
Link | Citer | R

Darksparksnot said: »
Since they start with feet is safe to assume they gonna follow the pattern.

They are very easy? Expensive maybe but easy and with very little gating, compared to omen for instance.

The problem is more on them not being particularly attractive, if you ask me.
They also probably want to relieve possible congestion issues by offering a second zone asap to spread player base further.
By geigei 2017-11-27 06:33:01
Link | Citer | R

Easy like buying mats from ah? i aint spending 70mil per piece.

Anyone not multiboxing and going with large group will take ages to complete 1 piece.
 Asura.Seriweri
user: seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2017-11-27 06:47:39
Link | Citer | R

Getting any relic+2 is basically entering once without doing anything + time and/or money, depending on how long you want to wait. relic+3 is shoutgroup + time and/or money. I guess most people will just do it a few times and either get really lucky on foot/voidshard drops, or buy whatever is missing - just like getting a relic in old dynamis.

Getting any piece of af+2 was a very straightforward yet slow to solo task; af+3 was hidden behind a boss that wasn´t puggable (at the time of release) + a decent amount of commitment to getting enough cards, in addition to an appropiate amount of gil for vendor mats. Omen has been nailed down for a long time now, but I still like that system more tbh because you actually have to do something for it. Unless you are used to tossing rl money on everything of course.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-11-27 07:57:14
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »

Anyone not multiboxing and going with large group will take ages to complete 1 piece.
I won't argue that, but it's still not "hard".

Hard =/= Expensive

With Omen you had a higher difficulty spike at start and for several months. A lot of groups couldn't possibly easily beat those bosses and minibosses, and you also had the forced gating with the cards cockblocking you for several months AND forcing you to farm them on a specific job.
Was pretty full of gatings making the process of upgrading Omen pieces slow and difficult.
Yes, Omen nowadays is much easier, but Dynamis-Divergence is 2-3 weeks old and I find it fair to compare it to 2-3 weeks old Omen.

(also Omen upgrades at start were ~12 mils per piece at start or something like that, it's not exactely "cheap" either if you ask me).

So to get back to the topic at hand: I absolutely concur the current prices are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and out of reach for the large majority of the player base, but I wouldn't define them "hard". Just expensive and unattractive (for now, at least).
 Valefor.Heabea
Serveur: Valefor
user: Heabea
By Valefor.Heabea 2017-11-27 08:51:11
Link | Citer | R

In all honesty omen pieces are always going to be decently expensive to upgrade unless nobium ingots start falling from the sky. There is a baseline price there.
With dynamis eventually I can see the medals being more common place as people will farm to sell instead of upgrade, with price spikes occuring during new zone release, assuming every zone shares medals to upgrade (otherwise I imagine they would be orcish medals not beastmen).
Already after only maybe 3 runs we have a bunch of people part way done pieces in my group with void drops so I think it will speed up. the lackluster gear for the most part also I think adds to it but if some of those hand pieces like THF, SAM, GEO and others might be nice. The relic armor at 119 honestly for the most part is lackluster mostly being used as swap in for JAs and such, the only reason most of mine is 119 is so that when I swap its ilvl119 and not 90 in case I get whacked (and i'm retard completionist and max out all JSE ***)
 Shiva.Siviard
Serveur: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-11-27 08:56:41
Link | Citer | R

Sammeh said: »
Still no information on the 2nd time extension? Starting to wonder if it hasn't even been implemented yet.

Shiva.Siviard told me if you scavenge in the right spot; Aurix will do a suicide bomb toss and give time extensions.

Oh gawd......LOL
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
Serveur: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-27 09:34:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »

Hard =/= Expensive

With Omen you had a higher difficulty spike at start and for several months. A lot of groups couldn't possibly easily beat those bosses and minibosses, and you also had the forced gating with the cards cockblocking you for several months AND forcing you to farm them on a specific job.
Was pretty full of gatings making the process of upgrading Omen pieces slow and difficult.
Yes, Omen nowadays is much easier, but Dynamis-Divergence is 2-3 weeks old and I find it fair to compare it to 2-3 weeks old Omen.

(also Omen upgrades at start were ~12 mils per piece at start or something like that, it's not exactely "cheap" either if you ask me).

So to get back to the topic at hand: I absolutely concur the current prices are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and out of reach for the large majority of the player base, but I wouldn't define them "hard". Just expensive and unattractive (for now, at least).
Something being extremely expensive makes it hard to get, if in a different type of difficulty than "kill hard stuff".

Also, Omen upgrade materials are all sourced from NPCs, so the prices are essentially the same back then as they were now; about 6-7m for +2 and +3 combined. That's literally less than 10% the price of a +3 relic item right now (about 83m at current AH prices), and even just +2 relic upgrades are almost three times as expensive as the AF +2 and 3 upgrades combined.

The +3 relic feet currently cost more than making a 119 relic from scratch.
[+]
 Valefor.Heabea
Serveur: Valefor
user: Heabea
By Valefor.Heabea 2017-11-27 09:46:20
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Geriond said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »

Hard =/= Expensive

Something being extremely expensive makes it hard to get, if in a different type of difficulty than "kill hard stuff".

Also, Omen upgrade materials are all sourced from NPCs, so the prices are essentially the same back then as they were now; about 6-7m for +2 and +3 combined. That's literally less than 10% the price of a +3 relic item right now (about 83m at current AH prices), and even just +2 relic upgrades are almost three times as expensive as the AF +2 and 3 upgrades combined

And if you were able to buy job cards in the first 3 weeks of omen a +2 alone would have cost you 10m because there is always gonna be some rich people sitting on multiple accounts of max gil ready to pounce on it. Just look at some of the initial Su3 prices how they started at 30m and dropped to 5m in a month. Supply and demand basics, atm there is high demand because people still overall need +2/+3, and low supply because of the 3 day restriction. The best way to drop this is hopefully the 3 day window is per zone and not Dyna-D overall.
 Odin.Geriond
Serveur: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-27 09:50:45
Link | Citer | R

Yes, that's my point; so?

Also, I bought a few SU3 sets immediately as people started crafting them, and they were roughly 8-10m per piece, not 30m.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-11-27 14:32:18
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Heabea said: »
The best way to drop this is hopefully the 3 day window is per zone and not Dyna-D overall.
Seriously doubt it's gonna be zone-bound, but I'm confident they gonna make the cooldown faster in a few months.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jumeya
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2017-11-27 15:33:11
Link | Citer | R

Unfortunately, I did not track our kill paths last run to update additional information on rates, however

We killed Aurix twice last night over the course of the run, having spawned Aurix three times before the first boss. No interesting drops, simply a loot pool of medals and tags. The first spawn of Aurix, we barely dealt any damage as he/she ended up part of a fairly large group and oddly placed in the environment for line of sight issues.

We picked up Aurix's trail a second time after the Overseer Statue, took a quick incomplete SC/Volley for 60%, then spawned and killed again right before we timed out. Much as the first kill, this time we received medals and black cards.

Refined our coordination to eliminate leaders in a single skill chain (SCH disto > Lead > WF/CORO) giving us a large burst window which makes them much more valuable options.

I'll see about getting a more detailed tracker for the next go.
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-28 23:30:48
Link | Citer | R

Curious if every time Aurix is defeated pre-boss if it always takes 3 pops. I never seen anyone speak/state that they have killed Aurix from 100% hp to 0% on only one statue pop. Maybe his gimmick is you need to defeat him 3 times before he runs away where he will allow you to kill him on the 3rd pop. Just a theory. If this holds true, this would mean that there are 3 colorless eye statue spawns in the zone before and after the boss defeat.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2017-11-29 06:45:08
Link | Citer | R

Curious if every time Aurix is defeated pre-boss if it always takes 3 pops. I never seen anyone speak/state that they have killed Aurix from 100% hp to 0% on only one statue pop. Maybe his gimmick is you need to defeat him 3 times before he runs away where he will allow you to kill him on the 3rd pop. Just a theory. If this holds true, this would mean that there are 3 colorless eye statue spawns in the zone before and after the boss defeat.

We fought him 3 times pre boss and won on the last try. (he ran away twice) Then popped him again after boss and beat him in 2 spawns.

Those are the two kills we got in one run.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-29 14:19:04
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

We fought him 3 times pre boss and won on the last try. (he ran away twice) Then popped him again after boss and beat him in 2 spawns.

Those are the two kills we got in one run.

Thanks for the info. So probably what occurs is the zone loads with X amount of colorless eye statues. Aurix can spawn from any of them. It seems the bare minimum amount of pops to kill him is 2. Once he dies pre boss, he can no longer spawn from a pre-boss colorless eye statue. When mini-boss dies and repops happen, Aurix can spawn again from those type of statues where X amount of have repopped repeating the process once again.

Has anyone seen multiple colorless eye statues up at the same time?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-11-29 17:17:45
Link | Citer | R

We have killed Aurix in a single pop, you just have a very short window to take him down.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2017-11-29 17:32:03
Link | Citer | R

The trick is as soon as you aggro him you gotta get bubbles up and start the skillchain... its a very short window but i know we can one shot him with our 4-step
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-11-30 20:42:29
Link | Citer | R

Ran into some sort of Bug, not sure if it's been reported.

Popped Aurix, took him down to 80%, he warped. Popped Aurix a 2nd time, killed him really quickly.

Saw another 'No eye Color Stat'. Pulled it, popped Aurix. He stoood there at 0% Hp, no one could engage it. He regenerated to 10%. Still, No one could engage it. He went idle the whole run, sitting in one spot, at 10%, and unable to engage.

Needless to say, confusion set in, so we abandoned this impervious goblin thing. Went and killed Overlord for TE. Killed Overlord.

NO TE was given, and no higher level mobs spawned. Dynamis was blank...nothing anywhere....oh

Except that afk impervious Aurix sitting in the same spot. Needless to say, we were kicked after 1hour, with the last 10mins spent Leroy Jenkins in the empty dynamis zone.

AKA: If you kill Aurix before Overlord, Avoid Eyeless statues like the plague.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-30 22:42:57
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »

Popped Aurix, took him down to 80%, he warped. Popped Aurix a 2nd time, killed him really quickly.

Saw another 'No eye Color Stat'. Pulled it, popped Aurix. He stoood there at 0% Hp, no one could engage it. He regenerated to 10%. Still, No one could engage it. He went idle the whole run, sitting in one spot, at 10%, and unable to engage.

Needless to say, confusion set in, so we abandoned this impervious goblin thing. Went and killed Overlord for TE. Killed Overlord.

NO TE was given, and no higher level mobs spawned. Dynamis was blank...nothing anywhere....oh

Except that afk impervious Aurix sitting in the same spot. Needless to say, we were kicked after 1hour, with the last 10mins spent Leroy Jenkins in the empty dynamis zone.

Did you record this on video? That's a pretty bad bug.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-12-01 00:00:17
Link | Citer | R

I did n't personally, not sure if anyone else in the run was recording. I know Mischief reported this to the official forums though.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-08 08:17:38
Link | Citer | R

Quick question, is the personal pool thing strictly limited to the first kill or have people gotten stuff on successive kills?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2017-12-08 08:20:49
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »

Did you record this on video? That's a pretty bad bug.

This exact problem happened to us last night. Aurix chilled @ 10% and we killed the boss. No TE, empty zone no mobs.

* Future plan will be to just 1 - shot any eyeless statues we see after first aurix kill and before boss kill.
 Sylph.Wardeniv
Serveur: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniv 2017-12-08 12:25:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Quick question, is the personal pool thing strictly limited to the first kill or have people gotten stuff on successive kills?

It seems limited to the first kill for anyone in the zone, and has a cumulative effect on the pools of everyone in your alliance based on how many people are getting their "first kill".

In other words, the more people getting their first kill, the larger everyone's personal pool will be. On our first run, we all received ~8-12 items in each of our personal pools. Last night we did a run where only a random mule or two were getting their first kills, and everyone received a personal pool of one item. The smaller, subsequent pool was on my main character that has killed the statue multiple times.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-08 12:30:19
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Wardeniv said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »

It seems limited to the first kill for anyone in the zone, and has a cumulative effect on the pools of everyone in your alliance based on how many people are getting their "first kill".

In other words, the more people getting their first kill, the larger everyone's personal pool will be. On our first run, we all received ~8-12 items in each of our personal pools. Last night we did a run where only a random mule or two were getting their first kills, and everyone received a personal pool of one item. The smaller, subsequent pool was on my main character that has killed the statue multiple times.

Ok so killing the big Orc might not be worth it after you've done it once or twice. Our first kill everyone got showered with personal drops, after that was been ***and just wanted to see if that's what everyone else is experiencing.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 28 29 30