Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 354 355 356 ... 424 425 426
By Manque 2023-03-07 22:57:40
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Incredibly anecdotal from the one person still using the plugin that ffxidb logs from BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

http://ffxidb.com/zones/295/squadron-combatant
2 mnk 0 pup

http://ffxidb.com/zones/295/regiment-combatant
1 mnk 1 pup

http://ffxidb.com/zones/295/squadron-scallywag
2 cor 1 sch

http://ffxidb.com/zones/295/regiment-scallywag
1 cor

Are you saying we can still contribute to ffxidb if we have that plug-in thing you do? If yes, love to help with that site in general. How do you set it up?
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-07 23:01:09
Link | Citer | R

You can't. It's toast. It (never worked very well) fully stopped working since I guess Spring 18' ish

Unless you have to be guildwork premium or something. I always had it on and it never tracked my stuff even when it "worked".
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-03-07 23:06:13
Link | Citer | R

> hasnt worked in almost 10 years
> has Dyna[D] data

clearly someone has something working
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-07 23:06:55
Link | Citer | R

5 years. 10 years. Who cares. It didn't work when it worked either. Guildoesntworks
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-07 23:26:44
Link | Citer | R

Manque said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Incredibly anecdotal from the one person still using the plugin that ffxidb logs from BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

http://ffxidb.com/zones/295/squadron-combatant
2 mnk 0 pup

http://ffxidb.com/zones/295/regiment-combatant
1 mnk 1 pup

http://ffxidb.com/zones/295/squadron-scallywag
2 cor 1 sch

http://ffxidb.com/zones/295/regiment-scallywag
1 cor

Are you saying we can still contribute to ffxidb if we have that plug-in thing you do? If yes, love to help with that site in general. How do you set it up?
Its not me. I have no idea how its still farming data. I just stumbled onto that over the discussion.

tbh I was surprised that data exists.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-08 10:34:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You've got the right idea. You understand it's a conscious decision.

Understand why they would make the decision. Now you're way ahead of the rest of the class.

I got demon and beastman backwards, oh well, I don't do dynamis.
Imagine spending 20ish posts ranting and raving about garbage shards and voids and how its a garbage system designed to fuel misery, how the game prioritizes the trash loot over the good loot just to fuel misery, how its always drg/pup/smn that drops not cor/rdm/pld because fueling misery...just to say:

"oh well, I don't do dynamis." Of course you dont do dynamis, anyone reading your nonsensee would have known this, and that was BEFORE you implied that you can get beastmen medals and demon medals from the same mobs.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-08 10:50:10
Link | Citer | R

I don't "imply" anything. You're just dumb. Sorry not sorry.

You just argue to argue. Bored enough to placate yesterday, not today. Just go ahead and be wrong, no further sweat off my sack chief.

I know you can't resist so I'll take your choice to reply away by blocking you for a few days. <3
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-08 11:44:43
Link | Citer | R

oh no I offended the gilseller :(
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-03-08 12:42:13
Link | Citer | R

Always Felt with OddyB SE had a huge plan to add bosses to it and then bam- Delay'ed city.

I think they backtracked their plans during the creation process and scaled back when they created C.

No way you go so hard on B's map to just make another simple map with C.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-08 12:56:53
Link | Citer | R

Not really. Looks exactly like you would expect it to.

It's the same ***improperly divided to make artificial rarities. That's all.

Could've reasonably expected 2 more floors for farming I guess. But nothing extraordinary.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-08 13:15:32
Link | Citer | R

inb4: "oh well, I don't do Odyssey"
By Seun 2023-03-08 14:30:10
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
No way you go so hard on B's map to just make another simple map with C.

Odyssey is just a collage of Walk of Echoes assets. There are only so many pieces they can put together to create the zones. None of these pieces were initially developed with continuity in mind.

Sorry if anyone thought SE wasted time obsessing about the layout of zones that were made over a decade ago. They didn't. Honestly, Sheol C was probably just 'the rest' of the assets they hadn't used already.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-03-08 17:23:50
Link | Citer | R

So SE made B a huge zone for no reason...

to be fair its sounds more SE then anything
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-08 17:54:11
Link | Citer | R

Not "no reason"

Not random.

They chose how to divide the nms, and assigned zones accordingly. Making B the money zone, C the exp/seg zone, A the beginner zone

It never works out exactly how they want it to, but that was planned.
 Fenrir.Velner
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2023-03-08 17:58:26
Link | Citer | R

Not "no reason"

Not random.

They chose how to divide the nms, and assigned zones accordingly. Making B the money zone, C the exp/seg zone, A the beginner zone

I wonder if it's related to there being more items to upgrade with Hides than either Scales or Wings. Such a mystery. Must be some conspiracy.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-08 17:59:36
Link | Citer | R

No mystery, no conspiracy, planned artificial rarity.

Too much B needed maintains it's status as the money zone. The biggest pool of the best items. C is purposely small so it can't infringe on B's money runs.

If B was only 17 125 level nms (like it should be, balanced) Hides would be worthless and B a null zone.

It's like explaining it to 5 year olds though, the only thing you can reply with is "nuh uh".
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2023-03-08 18:19:03
Link | Citer | R

No mystery, no conspiracy, planned artificial rarity.

Too much B needed maintains it's status as the money zone. The biggest pool of the best items. C is purposely small so it can't infringe on B's money runs.

If B was only 17 125 level nms (like it should be, balanced) Hides would be worthless and B a null zone.

It's like explaining it to 5 year olds though, the only thing you can reply with is "nuh uh".

So, Sheol B is released in July 2020. There are a lot of uses for Hides and their price is high. The player base interested in Odyssey farms Sheol B. September 2020, Sheol C is released. Wings have limited use and their price quickly goes and stays below hides. The player base continues to farm Sheol B.

The devs see this as a problem because they want to create artificial rarity, so they introduce Sheol: Gaol in January, 2021, creating the first real pressure for players to shift to Sheol C. However, the initial gear is of limited appeal and Sheol B is still farmed too heavily for the devs liking. They introduce Tier 3 in February, 2021, creating some of the most powerful gear in the game to *finally* achieve their goal of "artificial rarity" when the player base decidedly switches to C over B in order to maximize segments.

This is your contention? Because Sheol B was the uncontested Odyssey zone for about 7 months. Kinda odd when trying to create "artifical rarity." Lulz.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-08 18:29:44
Link | Citer | R

Gaol was planned before A existed. ABC were planned before odyssey existed. The mobs, the augments, the floors all planned before the content existed. With predictable outcomes, because you're all very predictable. (Put STR+1 you'll all cream your pants, AGI+1 you ignore it)

Getting there, was the incompetence. The planning of it was the malice.
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2023-03-08 18:33:43
Link | Citer | R

Oh.... so it was all planned, but they took a 7 month break on the master plan, when hide demand was at its peak, to give us a break. Gotcha.

The plan is kinda booboo, though. When I farm Sheol B I get way more hides then I ever get of wings in C. Devs really screwed the pooch.

Edit: The planning was malice! I'm dead lol
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-03-08 18:41:04
Link | Citer | R

Things did not turn out this way, though. Scales and Hides typically hover around the same price. B is much harder to farm than A. Where did their maleficence go wrong?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-08 18:41:47
Link | Citer | R

It didn't, noobs eat up scales. All those *** *** augments on all that *** *** gear (except the salifi that you adore) They don't know any better.
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2023-03-08 18:44:30
Link | Citer | R

It didn't, noobs eat up scales. All those *** *** augments on all that *** *** gear (except the salifi that you adore) They don't know any better.

Uh, my Ghastly Tathlum begs to differ. So does my Acuity Belt. And my Refined Grip. And don't forget that Metamorph Ring! Oh, and I love the Nourishing Earring! And I guess Lugra Earring is ok.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-08 18:46:57
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-08 18:49:04
Link | Citer | R

Listing all the ways you have more gil than brains is just outing yourself

And you rushed to make them day 1 and then stuck them in your moghouse.
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2023-03-08 18:52:11
Link | Citer | R

Listing all the ways you have more gil than brains is just outing yourself

That's assuming I'm a lazybones who doesn't farm their own materials. Ok, sure, I bought *some* stacks but I have farmed waaaaay more scales then I've used back when they were worth my time to farm. That goes triple for those artificially rare hides.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-10 20:27:48
Link | Citer | R

Woohoo doubleccolades again

Damn campaign is on more than it's off.
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-03-10 21:13:06
Link | Citer | R

Generally, its easy enough to make gil or farm the items sufficient to put you into "endgame".

The trap is thinking you need to spend the billions to put you in the top 10%.
By Homsar 2023-03-11 03:19:50
Link | Citer | R

For many people, there's nothing really to even spend gil on any more. I accrue gil simply by having nothing to spend it on.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-03-11 09:37:40
Link | Citer | R

Homsar said: »
For many people, there's nothing really to even spend gil on any more. I accrue gil simply by having nothing to spend it on.

Do you have a moment to talk about Our Lord Wardrobes 3-8 and Gearing jobs you'll never play?
By Homsar 2023-03-12 06:29:54
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Do you have a moment to talk about Our Lord Wardrobes 3-8

Not paying money for that.

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Gearing jobs you'll never play?

Done and done. My PLD and SMN are both shining examples of this.
First Page 2 3 ... 354 355 356 ... 424 425 426