Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-07 19:22:07
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
I have no idea what kind of tangent you're on. popular job shards are more expensive than not-popular job shards because theres higher demand for popular job shards. If 90% of the playerbase actively uses rdm and 10% of the playerbase actively uses pup, then the demand for rdm is significantly higher.

I dont get what point you're trying to make is.
They purposely make different items because they know that.

Instead of making all ABC zones use scales they use scales hides and wings. They know one of them will be wanted more than the rest.
It doesn't happen by chance.

Know if you know it isn't chance. Understand why it's not happening by chance.
By Nariont 2023-03-07 19:23:24
Link | Citer | R

I havent gone and checked the amount of possible pup vs cor mobs in dyna-D but that's really just a case of job priority, were PUP a super popular job it'd be higher, you saw that happen with mnk when it got its h2h update, suddenly value skyrockets, they didnt plan that ***in advance.

RDM is probably a better long-term example actually, pieces were hitting the floor til updates hit and suddently it's top priority
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-07 19:24:06
Link | Citer | R

They knew what would happen when they buffed monk (because it always does)

And they didn't buff h2h on a whim, either.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-07 19:25:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I have no idea what kind of tangent you're on. popular job shards are more expensive than not-popular job shards because theres higher demand for popular job shards. If 90% of the playerbase actively uses rdm and 10% of the playerbase actively uses pup, then the demand for rdm is significantly higher.

They purposely make different items because they know that.

Instead of making all ABC zones use scales they use scales hides and wings. They know one of them will be wanted more than the rest.
It doesn't happen by chance.

Know if you know it isn't chance. Understand why it's not happening by chance.
Or they wanted to encourage people to use all 3 areas.

Then they added segments and implemented it poorly and everyone flocked to C.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-07 19:34:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kurokishi said: »
wondering how prime grind is gonna turn out. so far its been entirely removed from the economy and doesn't have any job favoritism at all. honestly don't know what to expect.

It's very likely going to have weapon specific drops/kills/zones/bosses and you'll see the very obvious choice to make one (group) over popular and one (group) underpopular.

By making the (Spear/Dagger/Shield) crazy broken and the (H2H/Sword/GA) absolute garbage (just random)

Group 1 drops 500m and group 2 hit the ground.

Instead of making them all the same path.

Not incompetence, not an accident, not a whim. Planned.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-07 19:40:32
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
I havent gone and checked the amount of possible pup vs cor mobs in dyna-D but that's really just a case of job priority, were PUP a super popular job it'd be higher, you saw that happen with mnk when it got its h2h update, suddenly value skyrockets, they didnt plan that ***in advance.

Give me one of the four zones at random. I'll give me something to do during intermission. I want you to pick, because if I pick, I'll be accused of picking "the balanced zone" that favors whatever point I'm trying to make.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-07 19:46:25
Link | Citer | R

depends also largely in part how good each weapon is though. people will put up with more if they think the reward is worth it.

And they plan that and make it imbalanced.

On purpose.

Ever notice they decry !balance! constantly, but never actually do any balancing? Weeeeeeird.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-07 19:47:31
Link | Citer | R

Give me one of the four zones at random. I'll give me something to do during intermission. I want you to pick, because if I pick, I'll be accused of picking "the balanced zone" that favors whatever point I'm trying to make.

It doesn't matter how many pugilists vs how many pirates there are. (in sandoria)

The pugilists always drop pup and the pirates always drop sch. Even though everyone wants the monk and the cor.
Instead of every mob drops "shard" no job specificity.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-07 19:52:51
Link | Citer | R

It doesn't matter how many pugilists vs how many pirates there are. (in bastok)
At face value, of course it doesnt, because Bastok doesnt have pugilists nor pirates.

However, yes it does because COR/SCH only drops off Scallywag and MNK/PUP only drops off Combattant.

Unless you're implying that it doesnt matter because people will just leaden all the stats all the way to effigy, then leaden all stats all the way to Fearsinger and focus on farming Volte / Galka.

But then cor/rdm shards dont exist either.

The pugilists always drop pup and the pirates always drop sch. Even though everyone wants the monk and the cor.
Source: "trust me bro".
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-07 19:53:44
Link | Citer | R

depends also largely in part how good each weapon is though. people will put up with more if they think the reward is worth it.

And they plan that and make it imbalanced.

On purpose.

history doesn't agree with you there. relic (minor differences in total cost, irrelevant today), mythic, and aeonic are all equal. only empy have varying difficulty.
Each used a different stone. Pluton Boulder Beitetsu.

Tell me they are the same.

They should have all used plutons. Boulders and beitetsu shouldn't exist.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-07 19:59:42
Link | Citer | R

Incredibly anecdotal from the one person still using the plugin that ffxidb logs from BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

http://ffxidb.com/zones/295/squadron-combatant
2 mnk 0 pup

http://ffxidb.com/zones/295/regiment-combatant
1 mnk 1 pup

http://ffxidb.com/zones/295/squadron-scallywag
2 cor 1 sch

http://ffxidb.com/zones/295/regiment-scallywag
1 cor

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-07 20:13:16
Link | Citer | R

that's after the market comes into effect, they all have an equal drop chance from the content.
You'd think someone who makes a living selling gil would understand economics, supply and demand...but yolo

And about job distribution in dyna-d, its not balanced, but thats not much of a surprise. Unless some people here actually expected the skeleton crew XI devs with their skeleton crew budget and allocated hours to actually meticulously count each mob type.

Just to start it off: theres 22 regiment balladeers and 10 regiment cavaliers. Obviously, this is on purpose because SE wants to make sure that BRD/SAM voids are flooding the market and PLD/DRG voids are scarce. Finishing it off: 21 Regi Combatant, 10 Harnesser, 25 Magician, 27 Magister, 14 Mender, 19 Scallywag, 19 Shadowstalker, 23 Trickster, 24 Weaponmaster. The numbers arent mirrored with the Squadron's (ie: 19 Squad Balladeer, 16 Squad Cav)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-07 20:15:27
Link | Citer | R

And why are there twice as many balladeers vs cavaliers?

Choice. Could've been 16 each. Purposely imbalanced. They don't just let the devkit pick a number and job at random.

True balance would be 18(ish) of each. instead of 10-27

And of course I understand economics, that's why I see how they manipulate it instead of balancing it. And why you can't comprehend. Balance is bad. Even though it's their favorite thing to say. There have to be winners and losers. (items, all the players are losers)
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-07 20:25:08
Link | Citer | R

Oh I know what you're going to say. "its to make the players miserable, thats why voidhand: PLD is so expensive".

PLD piece is so expensive because its popular due to job popularity and armor's usefulness.

Theres 10 Regi Harnesser, thats the same amount as Cavaliers, and voidhand bst/rng are both under 20k.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-07 20:29:52
Link | Citer | R

There aren't 11 good and 11 bad. There can't be a perfect split. Youre trying to count every item when there's only one good item and 21 bad.

(1 good 5 meh and 16 bad)

Save the paragraph on all the pieces that you think are totes awesome, I don't care. (That's not nynja specific)

There are clear winners and clear losers and it's done specifically that way.
 Fenrir.Velner
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2023-03-07 20:54:20
Link | Citer | R

He's presuming that the devs are also pop psychologists like he is and are employing that "expertise" to keep us addicted to the game as their top priority. Lulz
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-03-07 20:59:53
Link | Citer | R

Calad, Masa, and Arma were blatantly the pick for abyssea weapons and Chloris gave you cancer.

They always do a lopsided arrangement of things.

A was their first attempt, B was probably worse so try less, C was simple and they were out of time/budget to fix A+B. Then they put on a fresh coat of paint with segments that said, get gud bro~

A normal company would go out of their way to not intentionally make parts of their community irrate, but SE is like SUFFERING BUILDS A COMMUNITY!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-07 21:12:41
Link | Citer | R

incompetence or "planned misery"?

Heroes of Abyssea empyrean farming:
one set of NM's has a singular KI that's available via red proc on a 10-15 minute timed NM. Its also available in large gold boxes by raising amber lights. Due to congestion, SE was kind enough to add 3 spawn locations for the target NM.
the other set of NM's requires farming fodder for a pop item, farming different fodder for a pop item to spawn a NM that drops a pop item that cant be force dropped, and farming a 10-15 minute NM for another pop item that can not be forced dropped. These items are available in small gold boxes as long as you dont raise amber lights too high. Spawn rate of the gold boxes is proportional to amber lights vs ruby and azure lights. Once you have all 3 pop items, you need to kill another NM and proc red on it. Then you have to kill another NM for the materials you are looking for. Similar to above, SE added three spawn locations for the target NM, even though access to the target NM is explicitly gatekept by the previous NM.

This is not "planned misery", this is just sheer incompetence.

Lets not talk about the differences between LaTheine/Konschtat and Tahrongi. Just kidding, lets talk about it.
LaTheine:
NM1 = two NM's within close proximity that need red!!. KI's can also be found in large gold boxes.
NM2 = 3 NM's that are nowhere near each other that need red!!. They are also in those lovely chasm's with only one legitimate exit. KI's can also be found in large gold boxes.
Konschtat:
NM1 = Drag an amorph NM on top of it to spawn it. Theres no farmable KI
NM2 (I had to look this up because I dont remember lol) = 3 NM's that are in relatively close proximity that need red !!. KI's are also available in gold box.
Tahrongi:
NM1 = too many steps and a bunch of running around back and forth
NM2 = too many steps and a bunch of running around back and forth
Fortunately, all the KI's are available in gold boxes. Unfortunately, theres so many you're likely to waste a few, even when multiboxing.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-07 21:24:53
Link | Citer | R

You can bang out all 75 Isgebind hearts in 3 hours (maybe not on Asura)...in those same 3 hours you'll have ~12 Apademak horns. Unless you're warping and restocking on core/fragment every time, but thats very dependent on AH supply for your server. Thats probably one of the few times being on a that overpopulated garbage can server called Asura may be favorable.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-07 21:29:14
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Velner said: »

He's presuming that the devs are also pop psychologists like he is and are employing that "expertise" to keep us addicted to the game as their top priority. Lulz

They aren't, but they pay people who are. Absofuckinglutely. They have an entire staff dedicated just to keeping you addicted.

This isn't some secret. This is common knowledge and if you don't know it, damn that's sad.

behavioral game design is definitely a thing, especially in MMOs. just depends how its used, and keeping us addicted isn't terribly far fetched. thinking that every design decision is made solely for that purpose, though, is silly.

Not "every". "Significantly Many" Enough to notice.

Nynja also doesn't understand that malice and incompetence aren't mutually exclusive. Square is both.
By Foxfire 2023-03-07 21:31:31
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Stayfresh said: »

I guess if people don’t want to pay that much for those things they need to farm them.

That’s why they cost more. That’s why I waste time farming them. :)
Most times you can’t have the cake and eat it too.

Like someone else said, if you want segments you do that zone. If you want money, you do others.
I'm happy for you, truly.
My comment was only in regards to giving people more options/incentives to choose the other two Sheols that would allow them to farm those items without sacrificing as much in segments. I know why they cost more. I know people do A/B for money. I know people do C for segments.

This is only a theoretical solution to give more people reason to do A/B, because arguably a most folks put their time and efforts into gathering segments so they can attempt gaol clears or RP farms and would feel at a disadvantage losing the KI to farm materials instead. If you'd rather do money farms? totally fine, nobody's arguing against you bud.

I just don't know what this masturbatory argument is supposed to accomplish.

Either way, I wouldn't hold my breath for them to do anything particularly forward thinking; I'm just happy to be here.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-07 21:41:49
Link | Citer | R

You've got the right idea. You understand it's a conscious decision.

Understand why they would make the decision. Now you're way ahead of the rest of the class.

I got demon and beastman backwards, oh well, I don't do dynamis.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-07 22:03:09
Link | Citer | R

You've got the right idea. You understand it's a conscious decision.

Understand why they would make the decision. Now you're way ahead of the rest of the class.

[-spoiler]That dopamine hit you get when you get a Cor:Feet, A Beastman Medal, a box of Beitetsu, vs the "awe ***" when you hit a Pup:Feet, a Demon medal, a case of plutons. If everything is equal everything is boring. Nothing is special. You lose interest faster.

You want to go back. You might win again.[/spoiler]
yes that dopamine hit when you get a 450k item vs that "awe ***" feeling when you get a 2 million gil item.
First Page 2 3 ... 353 354 355 ... 424 425 426