Dev Tracker - Discussion

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 318 319 320 ... 433 434 435
By SimonSes 2022-09-06 06:49:41
Link | Citer | R

Isn't there a huge penalty to EP when you are in alliance?
 Asura.Lunafreya
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2022-09-06 07:13:38
Link | Citer | R

Looks like first phase of prime weapons is incoming.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-06 07:55:32
Link | Citer | R

If they mix in Locus mobs, maybe that just makes it easier for people to keep their chain going? Kill 15 apex in a cleave, spend time killing the extra 3-5 Locus while puller regathers.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mhysa
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2022-09-06 07:56:04
Link | Citer | R

Ninjaxtasy said: »

Additionally, we have made a couple adjustments to Crawler’s Next [S]. We know that some players enjoy the strategy of having one party gather up all the monsters and nuke them down, but at present it is possible to have the entire stomping grounds be monopolized by one party, which can have an adverse effect on other players. Therefore, we have changed the camp a little bit so that there are both Apex and Locus monsters in the vicinity

mwahahaha!!

Mwahahaha you will still have no mobs to pull so you can make another post in here. :)
[+]
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2022-09-06 09:42:47
Link | Citer | R

We know that some players enjoy the strategy of having one party gather up all the monsters and nuke them down, but at present it is possible to have the entire stomping grounds be monopolized by one party, which can have an adverse effect on other players RMT bots. Therefore, we have changed the camp a little bit so that there are both Apex and Locus monsters in the vicinity.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-06 10:14:00
Link | Citer | R

Indeed, the change benefits RMT more than actual players. Most people stick to a certain corner of the map and pull within their area. it's only when two parties choose to camp close to each other does it become a problem, in which case, it's wiser for someone to move away. RMT won't bother moving to another camp, because then they will be competing with themselves, so any changes that interrupts actual player progress directly benefits RMT.

They don't even properly think these things through sometimes.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-06 10:45:38
Link | Citer | R

They absolutely do. You just forget who they're trying to benefit.

You think it's you. You are incorrect.
[+]
 Asura.Warmoose
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2022-09-06 10:46:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

All businesses should be nonprofit charities. Economics 101
By GetHelpNerd 2022-09-06 11:45:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Warmoose said: »

All businesses should be nonprofit charities. Economics 101
we aren't entitled to anything, and SE shouldnt be surprised when people stop entitling them to their $25/month.

with sortie finally being released, +3 and prime weapons likely starting this year in some capacity it seems like there will be stuff to for a while though
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2022-09-06 13:41:26
Link | Citer | R

"Additionally, proceeding with the scenario will enable players to embark on their journey to craft the Prime Weapons. These armaments not only play a vital role in the storyline, but will eventually be able to be powered up further, so keep that in mind!"

This also made me question if prime weapons are going to be similar to the Su5 weapons that are crafted and upgraded using the RP system.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-09-06 14:14:42
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I have little room in the inventory even with 8 wardrobes and storing everything to slips (I have 0 ambu/relic/af armors on me, beside the job I'm currently playing). 20 earrings and 100+ empy armors is not something I would be able to fit, so they better add this ducking slip this update >.>

Let's be real here. Most jobs only care about a few key pieces of empyrean. There are very few that want to use all 5. The majority only have 2 or 3 really good pieces, and several are pieces you were already carrying anyway (monk body, dancer tiara, etc). Most people don't play all 20 jobs either. I'm pretty sure the bulk of players stick to a dozen or less. They still need to add slips for the gear, but right now it doesn't bother me.

Also.... if you manage to get 20 different +1 or +2 earrings you should consider yourself fortunate to even have the privilege of stuffing them into your wardrobe. The drop rates of +1 alone are a royal pain... never mind the fact my group's done the event daily and still hasn't seen a single +2 earring between the whole lot of us. Only a few of the normal quality earrings are good enough to warrant use; the rest you probably just NPC. You can't equip something if it never drops.
By IGDC 2022-09-06 14:28:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Illuminate said: »
"Additionally, proceeding with the scenario will enable players to embark on their journey to craft the Prime Weapons. These armaments not only play a vital role in the storyline, but will eventually be able to be powered up further, so keep that in mind!"

This also made me question if prime weapons are going to be similar to the Su5 weapons that are crafted and upgraded using the RP system.

SYNERGY BABY!!! 110 ALL CRAFTS NEEDED IN PARTY TOO! LET'S GOOOOOOO!!
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2022-09-06 14:31:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Illuminate said: »

The way that they refer to it as a journey makes me think it'll be a more involved process than that. Given that there's also +3 armor coming too, perhaps both will be via a new version of Trial of the Magians or similar.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-09-06 14:36:16
Link | Citer | R

The CN change is pretty *** stupid.

1) what's the reason to have apex mobs there at all if there's just going to be Locus ones peppered in anyway

2) having a different, unique camp with its own style isn't a bad thing. they're adding more locus camps and could have continued doing so for people who prefer fighting 1 at a time. There was no valid reason to change this one.
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-09-06 14:39:59
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Given that there's also +3 armor coming too, perhaps both will be via a new version of Trial of the Magians or similar.

Trial of the magians can go die in a fire. After doing as many mind numbing "Kill 300 random things, then kill 400 more random things, then kill 500 more random things" just so you can then "kill 800 random things in a specific way" quests as most of us have I would as soon sleep on a bed of nails than have to do more stuff along those lines.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kacil
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kacil
By Bahamut.Kacil 2022-09-06 14:49:14
Link | Citer | R

I think the devs are cool with cleaving. They just don't want one group taking all the mobs. This might make it a really bad idea to try and pull all of Crawler's Nest S since, I think we can assume, these locus will also be resistant to aoe damage.
 Asura.Schroe
user: Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2022-09-06 15:01:17
Link | Citer | R

New food. Rev up those buffalo meats
By Afania 2022-09-06 15:06:53
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kacil said: »
I think the devs are cool with cleaving. They just don't want one group taking all the mobs. This might make it a really bad idea to try and pull all of Crawler's Nest S since, I think we can assume, these locus will also be resistant to aoe damage.

If this is how it works how can it stop anyone from pulling all mobs from other players anyways? The puller can pull both apex and locus, DD AE all apex and kill them, BRD sleep the remaining locus, tank pull the next group as DD multi-step SC the locus down waiting for pulls.

Other people are still not getting mobs this way lol.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-06 15:23:03
Link | Citer | R

"cleaving" is obviously a *** up they're scared to walk back.

Magic weaponskills in general, but whatever, it's not worth saying the same ***over again.

Everything should have the multi target damage reduction.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-09-06 15:25:17
Link | Citer | R

Everything
No.
At that point might as well remove AoE abilities/spells entirely.
The AoE damage reduction thing is a cool idea for some content.
Might have been a cool idea for EP in Crawler_S, I'm torn on that.
But it's definitely NOT a good idea to have up on EVERYTHING.

I think the devs are cool with AoE cleaving for EP pts, they're just not cool with one or two pts monopolizing the entire zone.
I don't think their solution will change anything.
If they wanted to do that the only solution imho is what other games have done before FFXI: that is put a cap on the currency gain (in this case EP) if you kill more than X monsters within 1-2 seconds.
Anything above the threshold X will not give any curency. There, done it.
Need to set "X" reasonably high so that it's not too low, but so that it makes pulls smaller than "the entire zone" which is what they wanted to avoid.
AoE pts would still be very efficient and alive, but people would stop tryin to monopolize the zone.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-06 15:26:13
Link | Citer | R

The basic, actual fell cleave might still be fine without, spinning attack, and that sleep aoe on GS too. But magical ws aoeing does literally 10 million damage.

It's always been just on the other side of balanced (imbalanced) but it wasn't extreme, but now every piece of gear has 50 MAB and 10 WSD
 Fenrir.Velner
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-09-06 15:34:29
Link | Citer | R

I think it's most likely the Locus mobs in Crawler's [S] will not aggro. The AoE groups can pull the Apex and leave the Locus behind for other groups.
[+]
By gargurty 2022-09-06 15:59:01
Link | Citer | R

they will find a way, they always do. Unless SE does something about those rmt pt nothing will change. They just gave em even more ways to get more gill. And peeps are still stupid enough to pay em. And i dont blame em, who wants to pt for hrs upon hrs to get ml40 the legal way? lol
By Afania 2022-09-06 16:13:13
Link | Citer | R

But magical ws aoeing does literally 10 million damage.

Idk about cataclysm, but against single target AE is not that strong compare with other magical/hybrid WS. It's a 15k-ish WS unbuffed but other single target hybrid/magical ws or attack capped physical ws hits much harder.

Skill variety is key in a RPG, and AoE skill exists in most games for additional skill variety. It's totally balanced that a single target skill is better against single target and AoE skill is better against multiple targets.

It's only "imbalanced" if ONE skill is the best skill for everything. Like if AE does 60k dmg when everything else does 50k, that would be imbalanced because it's the best against single target and multiple targets.

But for now, AE doesn't really beat single target WS and literally useless against NMs without adds. So it's fine as it is balance wise.

If there is something imbalanced about it, I think it's more about the game needs more AoE skill for more variety and wider range of choice, not nerfing all AoE dmg which limits player choice.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-06 16:24:30
Link | Citer | R

It's strictly the amount of targets.

A completely invulnerable pld can pull an entire zone, and a magical ws can do 20k/50k/99k to the maximum number of targets.

AoE against.... 5 mobs is fine. AoE against.... 64?, is imbalanced. This is basic ***.

Invincible puller + unlimited targets + absurd damage = obvious.

Some of those variables need to be adjusted. A 99k ws is fine I guess. But a 99k ws that hits 64 targets is not fine.
By Nariont 2022-09-06 16:27:39
Link | Citer | R

or just embrace it and take off the aoe dmg nerf elemental magic still has, since despite them doing so anyway you can't really have both and have it make any real sense

Still gets stupid when it comes to cleaving but that goes for a variety of things in this game
By Draylo 2022-09-06 16:56:31
Link | Citer | R

Our first pair of jeans? lol
[+]
 Siren.Gwynplaine
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Gwynplaine 2022-09-06 18:40:38
Link | Citer | R

They are talking about the Eastern Adoulin building guarded by the snobby guys in tuxedos that has been mentioned in the game since the expansion released. I think it was called the Silver Knife or something and it's supposed to be a literal auction house? There were bits of flavor text here and there talking about it and then it never went anywhere until now. Probably will just use cutscenes "inside" the building that re-use existing Adoulin castle / Arciela's bedroom type rooms.
By Torzak 2022-09-06 19:43:43
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Idk about cataclysm, but against single target AE is not that strong compare with other magical/hybrid WS. It's a 15k-ish WS unbuffed but other single target hybrid/magical ws or attack capped physical ws hits much harder.

I think Cata could use a little boost, 10% more dmg, easy. My experience with it is perhaps limited, but I've not yet seen anyone using it that impressed me. Don't get me wrong, it's wildly better than something like Circle Blade.

And on that note, I think they need to revisit some WS. It's pretty sad how weak Circle Blade is that someone in most AoE situations would be better off to Savage Blade.

And on that Note... Savage Blade XI. I hope it ends soon. I'm kind of tired of everything in this game turning into Savage Blade.

Is it just me, or has SE been particularly brutal on Skill Chain resist rates or % reduction or something on way too much content?
First Page 2 3 ... 318 319 320 ... 433 434 435