Dev Tracker - Discussion

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 427 428 429
By fillerbunny9 2018-03-02 13:46:54
Link | Citer | R

while everyone was pissing the bed regarding whether or not DD was worth doing or not, did they remove the restriction where you had to enter/beat the midboss on the job you want to upgrade for +2/3 respectively? can I skip having to fight tooth and nail to go on a job I want to upgrade instead of going as support since 'everyone wants to play DD' and actually upgrade my DD gear?
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-02 15:12:56
Link | Citer | R

no, you still have to enter/clear midboss on (job) to get (job) piece upgraded

(clarity)*
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-02 15:25:14
Link | Citer | R

I thought it was enter on <job> = can upgrade +2. Beat Midboss on <job> = can upgrade +3
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-02 15:26:53
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
You must visit the corresponding zone for Dynamis - Divergence with the job you wish to unlock upgrading of the specific piece of armor for Relic +2.

You must defeat the corresponding zone's mid-boss with the job you wish to unlock upgrading of the specific piece of armor for Relic +3.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-05 06:18:30
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Akihiko_Matsui
Dev Team
The ultimate version update of fiscal 2018 brings with it the ultimate area of Dynamis – Divergence: Jeuno! I’m sure the arithmetically inclined of you are wondering how we can only have four Dynamis – Divergence areas when there are five pieces of relic gear to reforge. In Jeuno, you can find items to reforge leg gear, while those for the remaining chest pieces, well...there are notorious monsters all over Dynamis – Divergence, right? Spoils for Dynamis have always varied by job, so you can probably figure things out from there.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Watch them do something really *** stupid like retroactively add special mobs/drops to each zone for bodies.

Quote:
Akihiko_Matsui
Dev Team
・ Add loot to notorious monsters

#*** even harder.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2018-03-05 07:55:55
Link | Citer | R

Called it lol.
By tyalangan 2018-03-05 08:36:08
Link | Citer | R

I have slept since 10 years ago but Xarcabard was like this with hats, correct? Those stupid Duke's and my RDM hat that took a year to drop.
 Sylph.Chocobro
Serveur: Sylph
user: Bilix
By Sylph.Chocobro 2018-03-05 08:57:46
Link | Citer | R

fillerbunny9 said: »
while everyone was pissing the bed regarding whether or not DD was worth doing or not, did they remove the restriction where you had to enter/beat the midboss on the job you want to upgrade for +2/3 respectively? can I skip having to fight tooth and nail to go on a job I want to upgrade instead of going as support since 'everyone wants to play DD' and actually upgrade my DD gear?

If you can't play as dd, then you don't need the gear upgrade.

In all seriousness, it's a pretty low bar to clear. If no one is willing to fill a support role for one run, might have to rethink who you run with.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-05 09:13:07
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Akihiko_Matsui
Dev Team
The ultimate version update of fiscal 2018 brings with it the ultimate area of Dynamis – Divergence: Jeuno! I’m sure the arithmetically inclined of you are wondering how we can only have four Dynamis – Divergence areas when there are five pieces of relic gear to reforge. In Jeuno, you can find items to reforge leg gear, while those for the remaining chest pieces, well...there are notorious monsters all over Dynamis – Divergence, right? Spoils for Dynamis have always varied by job, so you can probably figure things out from there.

Watch them do something really *** stupid like retroactively add special mobs/drops to each zone for bodies.

Quote:
Akihiko_Matsui
Dev Team
・ Add loot to notorious monsters

#*** even harder.

Don't worry Eiryl. Someone will be in here real soon to defend this.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-03-05 09:21:56
Link | Citer | R

Unless they really add amazing BLU legs or body, i can say that i've skipped the whole dynamis-D BS /o/
[+]
 Sylph.Wardeniv
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniv 2018-03-05 09:29:45
Link | Citer | R

Damn. That blows. Literally implemented in a manner that makes it so people grinding it this whole time couldn't possibly receive any progress specifically towards bodies.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-05 09:30:19
Link | Citer | R

Just thought about it. Technically, this might not be a horrible idea, now that I think about it.

Each zone only drop a certain piece. If they do this right, they can allow body drops from any zone's NM, meaning people can farm bodies + whatever piece they want for their zone. It might mean having a THF specifically proc high TH on NMs, or just tag a bunch at once.

However, if the random drop rate is even more rare and random than the other pieces, lol.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-03-05 09:51:43
Link | Citer | R

In before same drop rate on bodies, as Omen bodies. I mean technically if you buy the medals you should just be able to upgrade the bodies? hmm
[+]
By tyalangan 2018-03-05 09:55:13
Link | Citer | R

That would be worse than Omen bodies as you can only go twice a week.

I am terrible with statistics but:

Gin 30 times a month would give a 26% chance of body drop.

RUN body NM (if only 1 per zone) would give an 8% chance of body drop a month.

So, I really hope they don't do it this way. Make it the same as other drops from NMs. This would make it rare enough as you can't get from trash mobs.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-05 09:57:53
Link | Citer | R

100% guessing at this point, but they may opt to not allow Body drops to be bought and have to be farmed (which in fact would be worse than Omen bodies).
By tyalangan 2018-03-05 10:13:50
Link | Citer | R

Which is scary to think because, in the past, I am not sure SE has made their 1% drop items worth the price. Maybe one of the Omen bodies is worth its rarity (by being BiS)? I was not around long enough during Voidwatch so not sure if any of those bodies were worth the 1% drop rate price tag.

Each piece would have to be as good as COR feet comparatively to the job to make it worth it (to me) or better. Which is not going to happen...
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-05 10:26:13
Link | Citer | R

I really doubt they're going to make them 1% drops from NMs only.

On another note, what happened to the craftable weapons they sadi was coming this update? There's no mention of them adding crafting mats to Dynamis-D, and IIRC, they always put "new crafting recipes" or the like in these announcement posts when they're adding new crafting.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-05 11:18:05
Link | Citer | R

I don't think body shards will be 1% drops, either.
Bravo to those that guessed this would be the route taken... I wouldn't have guessed back-tracking drops into old zones.

I hope whatever the update brings, it makes each zone more attractive to a greater spread of people. As it was... Doing Sandy for shards, to the exclusion of any other zone, was the most productive way to make pieces. Even pieces from other zones.

That said, I don't see putting exclusive shards on the harder to kill Commanders as the solution to this problem. They need to drop more stuff per kill to become worth the time. If the rate is low, unless a group is exceptionally large, skipping them will still be more productive.

1 kill with a low chance at non-transferable items worth 300 coins < 10 Kills with moderate chances at transferable batches of coins...

I want to be hopeful. But SE's track record is really bad.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-05 11:24:29
Link | Citer | R

Could just make Bodyshard 100% drop, with a rarer chance for Voidbody. There's also the possibility that the necessary upgrade items for Legs/Body are increased as well.

If they make body shards 100% from Commanders, and require 5 vs the original 2 for +2, it could balance itself out. Void would be a different story.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-05 11:34:45
Link | Citer | R

They could make it need 20 with a 100% drop and it would still be better.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-03-05 11:35:16
Link | Citer | R

So if bodies come from first 3 zones, does that mean we can walk into a +3 body IF we have entered and cleared midboss on that specific job AND have the beastmen/kindred medals stocked to trade npc?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-05 11:40:11
Link | Citer | R

They could make it need 20 with a 100% drop and it would still be better.

I'm just thinking SE. They have, in the past, made Legs/Body drops require more (or higher tier materials) for things like Empyrean and Relic 119. They might follow the same trend here, but they would need to compensate for the fact that there's only so many commanders in the zone. If it's only a handful or less than 5, that leaves only a set amount of times you could ever get body items per week, as opposed to other slots where it's just a random drop.

I wouldn't be shocked if Aurix NPC requires a "clear" or KI to be able to purchase +2/3.
 Lakshmi.Jutubyaa
user: KiloWatt
By Lakshmi.Jutubyaa 2018-03-05 11:51:14
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
So if bodies come from first 3 zones, does that mean we can walk into a +3 body IF we have entered and cleared midboss on that specific job AND have the beastmen/kindred medals stocked to trade npc?

Dev post said body's will come from DynaDiv notorious monsters.

If the 5 job zoneboss is a thing like with Fii Pexu the Eternal it wouldn't surprise me to have bodies locked to specific zones (20 total jobs, 5 jobs per boss, 4 zones).
 Sylph.Talym
VIP
user: Talym
By Sylph.Talym 2018-03-05 11:58:45
Link | Citer | R

There are 22 jobs, but it's still not an unreasonable idea.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-05 12:19:41
Link | Citer | R

We don't even know if there will be body shards at all yet.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-03-05 12:21:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
We don't even know if there will be body shards at all yet.

Pretty safe assumption
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-05 13:01:17
Link | Citer | R

No it's not; that post says nothing about how they're going to deal with bodies; it could be direct drop.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-05 13:08:06
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

It's SE, so we don't really know what they will do. And their translations leave much to be desired. But taking what was shared today on face value, we can say all five pieces will be reforged, implying shards to be collected for the reforging process.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-03-05 13:10:24
Link | Citer | R

In any case, if you have the money you will get your body +3 (if its the same system).

[+]
By Kodaijin 2018-03-05 13:19:14
Link | Citer | R

Anyone else think about sparks/shields when they saw this?

March Vendor NPC ・ Adjust price of certain items sold to the NPC
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 427 428 429