Dev Tracker - Discussion

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 426 427 428 429 430
By BlackmoreKnight 2024-04-26 14:23:46
Link | Citer | R

Anyone ever beat the last one yet? Or are attempts even still ongoing for it? Kind of lost track of where things were on that when the dedicated thread to it died down.
 Asura.Shiraj
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-04-26 14:49:21
Link | Citer | R

BlackmoreKnight said: »
Anyone ever beat the last one yet? Or are attempts even still ongoing for it? Kind of lost track of where things were on that when the dedicated thread to it died down.
I don't think anyone's beat it yet and I know most groups gave up/rarely try now.
My group occasionally try but haven't had much luck. We time out/die around 39% and almost killing 6th add. Just seems dumb.
Haven't heard any groups kill all 6 adds yet. Heard 0 reports of Teodor even spawning, just who knows.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-04-26 14:56:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
zzzzz

Here's your dose of copium;

"revamping quest menu" means adding mercy system to HTMB

Set ROE: Lilith; Defeat Lilith 100 times for Malignance voucher
Set ROE: Shinryu; Defeat Shinryu 100 times for Crepuscular voucher

Biggest bestest update 3V4R

How about beating all the master trials gets you a mogbonanza weapons?
[+]
By Meeble 2024-04-26 16:06:11
Link | Citer | R

Adding the items to Trove wasn't mercy enough? Malig. isn't that bad, but most of the cloaks out there did not come from the HTMB.
By Dodik 2024-04-26 16:15:12
Link | Citer | R

Definitely worth spending the one developer's time on adding more master trials. Because the previous one was so beloved and got cleared very quickly as a result.

/s
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-04-26 16:20:57
Link | Citer | R

I like to think Barry Allen is working his *** off to fix this timeline so SE cares about FFXI again.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-26 16:46:54
Link | Citer | R

Meeble said: »

Adding the items to Trove wasn't mercy enough? Malig. isn't that bad, but most of the cloaks out there did not come from the HTMB.
The problem with trove is they flooded all loud thud loot pool with absolute junk.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2024-04-26 16:49:39
Link | Citer | R

Devs: Simple Request
Can we please see our Master Levels even if we're not on jobs that have Master Levels?
I don't need to protect my DRKs feelings when he compares himself to others.
By Meeble 2024-04-26 16:53:19
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Iocus said: »

Whoa, whoa, that's way too generous. Players will speed grind the weapons they want and then quit!

1. Make the reward a random weapon

2. Dilute the pool with all 37 vanabout lockstyles

3. Duplicate protection consolation prize is a single use Magh Bihu costume item

Edit: /s, in case that wasn't obvious.
[+]
By Draylo 2024-04-26 18:31:11
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
Poor bahamut, even his trash reskin gets a ilvl battlefield before him

Bahamut already got an ilevel battle. It was the "Bahamute" fight a while back for the bahamut lockstyle gear.

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I like to think Barry Allen is working his *** off to fix this timeline so SE cares about FFXI again.

I feel like the "anniversary" will be the nexus point in time. Maybe someone from "that" server undid the beautiful expansion we were suppose to get, and caused that whole drama!
By Draylo 2024-04-26 18:33:21
Link | Citer | R

So this is my second time saying this, but so we are getting "new" content. So all of those people were wrong apparently. When I said this last time they said "we knew that master trial was coming." Well you didn't know about this one, even tho most don't really want this content over other stuff.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-26 18:45:19
Link | Citer | R

I mean, it's more semantics.

Is it content, yes.

Does anyone want it, no. (Those 12 people creaming their pants at the thought! I didn't forget about you, you just don't matter)

So "new content" that doesn't count, doesn't count.

There's going to be more "New content" too. But not "content I want to do".
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-04-26 18:52:37
Link | Citer | R

Meeble said: »
Phoenix.Iocus said: »

Whoa, whoa, that's way too generous. Players will speed grind the weapons they want and then quit!

1. Make the reward a random weapon

2. Dilute the pool with all 37 vanabout lockstyles

3. Duplicate protection consolation prize is a single use Magh Bihu costume item

Edit: /s, in case that wasn't obvious.

The funny part is there are those on this forum that actually think this way...
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-26 18:52:48
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Draylo 2024-04-26 19:16:31
Link | Citer | R

Yea but just saying so people don't have to go all doomer mode. It's not a maintenance mode then like people keep repeating. This year they said it would be very light on content so they can focus on longevity doing something else. Who knows for now.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-04-26 19:59:59
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Yea but just saying so people don't have to go all doomer mode. It's not a maintenance mode then like people keep repeating. This year they said it would be very light on content so they can focus on longevity doing something else. Who knows for now.

So you're saying they're taking this year to do maintenance?
By Draylo 2024-04-26 20:15:25
Link | Citer | R

You have become the biggest doomer around here lately, can't say I blame you but looking at you post history its sad how disgruntled people have become. How is adding new things to do, a maintenance mode? Supposedly they are working on the back end, I don't know what they are doing but its not a maintenance only because they are actually changing/improving and not just maintaining. It could all be a smoke to excuse away reduction in funds for other projects, but we don't know in all reality. At least something is being added, and not an actual maint mode where we literally get absolutely nothing new to do or work towards. I'm sure they will add more fights like that flan one eventually and maybe this month they will give a clearer picture for the anniversary. This is almost exactly how it went at the end of ROV where we were in a similar situation.

I just found it odd people keep saying the game is maint mode, nothing new will be added so stop smoking the copium. Yet when something is added thats "new" (yes they reusing assets, but still going to be tuned for high end fight with new mechanics) the people then start saying who cares. Can't win either way it seems.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-04-26 21:12:07
Link | Citer | R

Greater Doomer reporting for duty!

I expect nothing this year and will be sad if there is nothing substantial teased by the end of next.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-27 06:48:30
Link | Citer | R

They add master trials because people claim to want content, and if they add powerful enough rewards for you to care about them they ruin their current ecosystem by making existing content too easy. So, the people who feel they've beat the current content have new content, and those who don't can still work their way through. Everyone gets to play!

Clearly they missed the undertones; "content" is a codeword for handouts. They should add a daily mini-bonanza where you get tasked with farming one random r/ex item from original game mobs and are rewarded with a random piece of current endgame gear. It'd be a huge hit.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-04-27 07:29:22
Link | Citer | R

I don't think most people want handouts.

If you asked mostly everyone if they'd be up for "free" v20 clears yeah they'd be up for it sure, that's just common sense.

Just if you say "no more content" and then add pointless master trials that literally <0.1% of the population even attempt, that 99.9% will go "wtf I thought you said no content and you come up with this?"

It's just pointless. Rather have new lockstyle armor from login points than new master trials.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-04-27 07:54:17
Link | Citer | R

The most recent master trial still has not been cleared, and as far as I’m aware nobody’s even reported getting August low enough to spawn Theodore yet. Maybe someone has and is just keeping it to themselves, but the title for worlds first clear is still up for grabs so you know it hasn’t been beaten yet.

If the groups who have cleared veng 25 arrebati, veng 25 bumba, and routinely clear HQ Aminon either daily or every other day are taking 5+ months to get this kill how much of the player base are these master trials really intended for? I can appreciate they’re adding new master trials, but I’d take a daily like peach power over a master trial personally.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-27 07:57:13
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »
add pointless master trials that literally <0.1% of the population even attempt

If 99.9% of the population believes the game is just Sortie/Odyssey like is constantly stated here, why is nobody willing to attempt master trials? Presumably if you've done Sortie/Odyssey enough to be bored of them, you're getting near maximum gear.

So, one has to infer that people don't want to play content for the sake of being challenged or experiencing the gameplay. They want rewards. Maybe handouts is a bit too sharp, but SE obviously understands that they can't significantly scale power again because they aren't going to be able to replace the content they outdate in the process. What's the proper solution here, if players are more concerned about obtaining gear from content than actually playing the content?
[+]
By Dodik 2024-04-27 08:05:50
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
If 99.9% of the population believes the game is just Sortie/Odyssey like is constantly stated here, why is nobody willing to attempt master trials?

Because they are boring pointless fights literally done for bragging rights in a game where bragging rights matter less and less the more time goes on and the older the population gets.

I don't do Odyssey so can't speak for that but for myself the fun of doing Sortie is spending some time with 5 other people while cooked on.. spring water.. and eff around on discord for an hour rather than the constant running through purple hallways.

So no, it's neither "don't want to be challenged just want rewards" nor "play content for the sake of it".

It's "I could waste my time with this pointless fight that neither me nor anyone else cares about or eff around with friends for an hour while getting some incremental progress in whatever I am going for in the process".
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-27 08:08:48
Link | Citer | R

You know you can chat on discord without paying a(or multiple) sub and grinding an event you're unenthusiastic about, right? Because it sounds to me like you've lost all interest in the game and the friends are what drags you along.

The goal is only bragging rights if you remove the enjoyment of gameplay and personal progress. In any other MMO, people enjoy personal firsts whether they're world firsts or months/years behind.
By Dodik 2024-04-27 08:16:44
Link | Citer | R

I think a person can both enjoy the gameplay and dislike some other aspects, eg running times, while also enjoying chatting during said running times.

Someone that does not enjoy the game would not be playing it, I think it is fair to assume.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-27 08:19:05
Link | Citer | R

Someone that does not enjoy the game would not be playing it, I think it is fair to assume.

I'm not so sure about that one if you look at some of the regulars here.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-27 08:19:24
Link | Citer | R

Thats just literally wrong.

Google homework;
Sunk-cost fallacy
Battered wives
(MMO) Addiction (In general)
Stockholm Syndrome
[+]
By Dodik 2024-04-27 08:25:12
Link | Citer | R

That's fair.

My point is asking why someone does not do something they do not enjoy or want to do is a bit silly.

"But why don't you do master trials, it's new content."

"I don't like master trials it's not fun for me."

"But why don't you do.."

I mean.

Have a hard look at your life if that is your thought process. Do something other than XI.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-27 08:28:39
Link | Citer | R

My point is asking why someone does not do something they do not enjoy is a bit silly.

I'm not saying you should do something you don't enjoy, I'm pointing out that if FFXI players do Odyssey and Sortie enough to be competitively geared, but don't do Master Trials, then their enjoyment is not coming from being challenged or completing content. It's coming from getting equipment or winning.
By Dodik 2024-04-27 08:32:03
Link | Citer | R

Or they just don't want to do master trials.

I'm saying looking at these two things and reaching what seems to you to be an obvious conclusion is assuming you know what another person wants to do.

Literally have similar conversations with family members about why I do or do not do a non-PC related hobby.

Why do you do it. I want to.

Why do you not do X. I do not want do.

It's not more complicated than that. There is no ulterior motive or high reasoning. Just a simple want/do not want.

Ask a car build guy why they like spending 10s of thousands of currency and hundreds of work hours on building old school cars why they do it.

Because I am a grown *** man and do whatever the *** I want that's why.
First Page 2 3 ... 426 427 428 429 430