[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-03-01 15:27:26
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Classic Saevel move. Claim ad hominem attacks are made when convenient to sidestep the counterargument presented.

Pretty much. It's the typical Saevel cycle.

Step 1) Pretend to be smarter than you actually are by making pseudo psychological remarks about things that don't have any bearing on the current discussion.

Step 2) Come up with some kind of fallacy to try to explain away your pitiful opinions.

Step 3) Claim that the opposition is using that fallacy instead. This isn't transparent at all and is sure to ruse those smoothbrains!

Step 4) When all else fails, claim personal attacks and ad hominem on posts that have neither while simultaneously engaging in personal attacks and ad hominem.

Step 5) Disappear for a day or two.

Step 6) Repeat.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-01 15:28:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
ou started off with "Dynamis is more fair than Omen". Then switched to "on average it's objectively better". Then you threw in a totally theoretical scenario of receiving all of your shards and voids in one run, and you want that to be taken seriously? You don't even believe it yourself.

That is personal attacks and projection. I actually didn't receive any shards in one run, I used my medals that I had saved from earlier runs to immediately upgrade to +2. You also rewrote my argument in your head and attacked that fictional argument.
Quote:
On average it's objectively better. You only need 5 shards and 3 void-items, which it's possible to get all in a single run

I didn't make it up in my head, you made up a theoretical scenario that has never happened, once. So if you saved up your medals from a previous run, why in the hell did you mention this imaginary scenario, but only for Dynamis and not Omen?

Quote:
Dude stop man, you're literally grasping for straws and taking the most favorable (albeit extreme) scenario and applying it to Dynamis, but failing to apply it to Omen. You're deliberately being disingenuous, and nobody is stupid enough to fall for that.

More projection and personal attacks. Your own arguments ran out of room earlier, they were based on how you ~felt~ about the event and not on actual effort:reward. This is evidenced in your statements including the words "Dynadont" and other pejoratives.

Once someone reduces their position to using emotions as their reasoning source, it's no longer productive to reason with them.

Funny you find those personal attacks. This is coming from the same person who calls people who don't use updated spreadsheets "lazy", and, oh, my personal favorite "DUDE WTF ARE YOU SMOKING??" You are literally the last person on these forums to claim to be a victim.

The "dynadont" was really a joke, but not shocked that went over your head. Other pejoratives? Name them.

Emotions? You were the first person to claim victim during a discussion, there's no emotion here. You created a scenario in theory that, in your mind, only applies to Dynamis. When I asked why you don't apply that same logic to Omen, it's a personal attack. That's about as emotional as it gets right there. But let's not speed past this part:

Quote:
You can't take one part of the event and just say it's now "more fair" just because you say so. Look at the full picture and compare the two. Omen literally offers more, with more guarantees, for a larger crowd, for less effort, time, and skill. Dynamis is what it has always been: luck, random, and time sink.
Quote:
No attacks were made, I'm having a dialogue. But you can't apply an unrealistic theoretical scenario in favor of one event and then not apply that same benefit to another event, for the sake of elevating one above the other.

So again, why are you mentioning a theoretical scenario in favor of dynamis only and not giving them best-case-scenario for Omen also? You're not being objective on purpose, just defending Dynamis with the "I'm right and I say so" logic. I specifically pointed out a handful of advantages Omen offers, and you ignored all of them. Priceless.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Serveur: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2018-03-01 15:29:55
Link | Citer | R

FWIW, I've seen few enough personal drops and / or drops from jobs I actually want, to come to the conclusion that I can finish gear faster by just farming old dynamis and using the gil from the old currency to purchase the new currency.

This also has the added benefit of not requiring any gather time or coordination, minimal effort and can be done as often as I want.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-01 15:35:58
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
FWIW, I've seen few enough personal drops and / or drops from jobs I actually want, to come to the conclusion that I can finish gear faster by just farming old dynamis and using the gil from the old currency to purchase the new currency.

You probably can, Ambuscade and various REM related content is a consistent source of income. Someone still needs to provide those medals because if "nobody was standing it" then the AH would be empty of currency. It's not possible to buy Omen cards, your forced to not only attend the event but attend it on the job you need cards on and not the job your needed on. That alone immediately places the favor towards Dyna in a side by side comparison.

Hell one of the resident gil farmers basically said it was more efficient for his army to farm gil and then buy the medals then for him to actually use them to do the content.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-01 15:37:42
Link | Citer | R

It's not possible to buy Omen cards, your forced to not only attend the event but attend it on the job you need cards on and not the job your needed on. That alone immediately places the favor towards Dyna in a side by side comparison.

Why, because you say so??? You act like Artifact cards is the only thing you can acquire from Omen.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-01 15:37:45
Link | Citer | R

IF you WANT cards for it then you WANT to play it.

If your "setup" doesn't permit that job, maybe you should try something other than 4 support 1 dd whm.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-01 15:41:33
Link | Citer | R

Side by side comparison: Extrapolates one feature (clearly in favor of Dynamis), ignores all others, because "that alone" is the sole determinant of value in an event. Doesn't discuss other features.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-01 15:43:45
Link | Citer | R

It's not possible to buy Omen cards, your forced to not only attend the event but attend it on the job you need cards on and not the job your needed on. That alone immediately places the favor towards Dyna in a side by side comparison.

Why, because you say so??? You act like Artifact cards is the only thing you can acquire from Omen.

It's the only thing related to JSE which we are discussing.

The entire point of Dynamis is to upgrade Relic JSE and it routinely gets compared to the Artifact JSE from Omen.

Omen you are forced to attend the event on the job you want instead of the job that is needed. Dyna you can attend on any job and only need the win once per zone. Getting people eligible for JSE in Dyna has been 10x easier then getting them their upgrades in Omen was. Hell people can opt to just buy the damn stuff with gil they've farmed after getting an unlock. That's a pretty damn fair system. People who want to go slow can just collect shards, those that want to go fast can just buy them. The rate of gear acquisition is 100% adjustable on user preference.

It's as I said earlier, this is entirely emotional for you. You hated the event when Sandy was released and there is absolutely nothing that will change that. You will only accept evidence that supports your preconceived opinions and out right ignore anything that disagree's with said opinions. Anyone who points out the holes will be met with derision, ridicule and outright anger.

Now is when you insult me about something you think I believe.
[+]
 Odin.Umopepisdn
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Umopepisdn 2018-03-01 15:47:01
Link | Citer | R

Omen you are forced to attend the event on the job you want instead of the job that is needed.

False. While the exchange rate is ***ive made two +3 peices with excess cards on my alt.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-01 15:47:58
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Umopepisdn said: »
Omen you are forced to attend the event on the job you want instead of the job that is needed.

False. While the exchange rate is ***ive made two +3 peices with excess cards on my alt.

Point proven.

Now back to the shadows with you.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-03-01 15:51:42
Link | Citer | R

WHOA PERSONAL ATTACK OMG
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jutubyaa
user: KiloWatt
By Lakshmi.Jutubyaa 2018-03-01 16:03:39
Link | Citer | R

Since we're kicking hornet nests: Abyssea ruined FFXI, Astral Conduit spam nailed its coffin shut, and Reisenjima/Aeronic merc groups covered it in cement.

Now to drink lemonade in the house and see what happens.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-03-01 16:12:27
Link | Citer | R

Dynamis is trash of the trash... im sure 90% of the people posting here agrees...

F it..

Make a poll... i dare yah....
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-01 16:14:09
Link | Citer | R

It's the only thing related to JSE which we are discussing.

The entire point of Dynamis is to upgrade Relic JSE and it routinely gets compared to the Artifact JSE from Omen.

Omen you are forced to attend the event on the job you want instead of the job that is needed. Dyna you can attend on any job and only need the win once per zone. Getting people eligible for JSE in Dyna has been 10x easier then getting them their upgrades in Omen was. Hell people can opt to just buy the damn stuff with gil they've farmed after getting an unlock. That's a pretty damn fair system. People who want to go slow can just collect shards, those that want to go fast can just buy them. The rate of gear acquisition is 100% adjustable on user preference.

It's as I said earlier, this is entirely emotional for you. You hated the event when Sandy was released and there is absolutely nothing that will change that. You will only accept evidence that supports your preconceived opinions and out right ignore anything that disagree's with said opinions. Anyone who points out the holes will be met with derision, ridicule and outright anger.

Now is when you insult me about something you think I believe.

Be careful, the bolded portion could be said about you, in many discussions.

Anyways, don't lump me into the "you hated Sandy" crowd. Stop with the blanket statements. The discussion has changed from "Dynamis sucks" to an Apples to Apples comparison of Omen Vs Dynamis.

If we are talking strictly about JSE acquisition between the two events, one cannot ignore the stats on said JSE, for both events. For instance, you can't just say "Well, on Omen, you have to be on that specific job, and do it 10x before you can upgrade an armor, where in Dynamis you can do it once and buy the rest". You have to consider the actual gear in question. I don't think relic is actually bad, but, in comparison to Artifact, it's not nearly as good. So in reality, yes, you can acquire Relic quicker, but you're paying exorbitant amounts of gil for not-that-impressive upgrades. Which is fine if that's what you want to do and if we're only talking about the speed and ease of acquisition, considering all means. But we're not making the argument of artifact/relic acquisition to the exclusion of all else. We're comparing them side by side, as you even stated yourself.

You're using time + money as the sole reason for why Relic acquisition is better, but that argument literally only favors Dynamis. if I were make the argument that Omen was better because ease of entry was better, that would be a clear bias in favor of omen and not dynamis. Neither is a correct comparison, but you're still clinging to the time+money+anyjob argument. Very narrow minded viewpoint to have if you're going to objectively compare the two.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-03-01 16:52:13
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Dynamis is trash of the trash... im sure 90% of the people posting here agrees...

F it..

https://www.strawpoll.me/15179803
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-01 18:56:05
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

F it..

This is Gold. Lol
[+]
By Quizzy 2018-03-01 20:44:02
Link | Citer | R

Classic myopia!

Objectively speaking, Dynamis is boring as ***. I don't mind Omen, I refuse to do Dynamis.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2018-03-01 21:51:59
Link | Citer | R

Classic Saevel move. Claim ad hominem attacks are made when convenient to sidestep the counterargument presented.

Pretty much. It's the typical Saevel cycle.

Step 1) Pretend to be smarter than you actually are by making pseudo psychological remarks about things that don't have any bearing on the current discussion.

Step 2) Come up with some kind of fallacy to try to explain away your pitiful opinions.

Step 3) Claim that the opposition is using that fallacy instead. This isn't transparent at all and is sure to ruse those smoothbrains!

Step 4) When all else fails, claim personal attacks and ad hominem on posts that have neither while simultaneously engaging in personal attacks and ad hominem.

Step 5) Disappear for a day or two.

Step 6) Repeat.

2018 Post of the Year.. I think this one deserves an Oscar Award..

/thread
/end of Saevel

... lmao..
 Bahamut.Agerine
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-03-02 00:13:01
Link | Citer | R

Maaan, I can get scales on the job that is needed all day. I can also get cards on a job that I want all day. See how it’s both? The world ain’t black and white yo, this is mooooot.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-03-02 01:40:03
Link | Citer | R

F it..

As of the time of this post, less than half the votes say "yes", so hah!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-03-02 01:47:19
Link | Citer | R

The validity of this extremely scientific and accurate test has been de-accuratified by hoodlums who, no doubt, are not actually Saevel! 27 Saevels would be the worst thing ever as even 1 Saevel already causes intense migraines and IQ loss. All ten of those seconds I spent making this incredibly well thought out and, again, extremely scientific poll... lost!

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-02 01:47:36
Link | Citer | R

80% say yes. Saevel being an idiot is a yes.
[+]
 Sylph.Wardeniv
Serveur: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniv 2018-03-02 08:54:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Here's my serious question;

If you can't be bothered enough to care to look for 30 more minutes, why do you bother at all. *spoiler, I know why you do it, but do you*

It's clear you don't enjoy the event, but you do it anyway. This is the exact reason the event exists, because no matter how *** fail it is, you still do it. They have ZERO incentive to make it good.

Would you eat a bowl of literal ***if it had a shiney prize as a reward? How much would you eat before you realize "im actually eating ***, what the *** am I doing with my life". That's what I'm getting out of the people that currently do dienamis.

No one knows what the final TE is, and if its been implemented its gimmick is convoluted enough that it isn't worth the effort to find imo.

I enjoy the event well enough. That doesn't have to be false for me to also be okay with not adding a half hour to it. I'm often tired by the end of our current event times and am usually just ready for bed.

It's been so many years since old Dynamis that I'm not particularly butthurt over the reskin. I'm perfectly fine with the general reskin/iLVL rehashing of content they're doing. This game doesn't compose a massive part of my life, and I don't think its realistic or practical for anyone to have expectations that this game is going to somehow be revitalized or have incredibly deep/complex/new content added. If it does, neat, but I'm not expecting it.

I predominantly still enjoy this game based on the people I play with, so whatever content is released I'm sure we'll do it to some degree, and if it sucks we'll enjoy bitching about it in the process.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-03-02 10:27:08
Link | Citer | R

What have I done....
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-02 10:56:39
Link | Citer | R

I think I missed something.
Has it been *datamined* that there's a second time extension?
If not, why is everybody taking for granted that the event is meant to be 2hrs and we just haven't found the second? Couldn't it simply be that they meant Divergence to last 90 minutes and that's it?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-02 11:11:05
Link | Citer | R

The Devs said it could be extended to a maximum of 2 hours in the Freshly Picked before the event was introduced.

It's possible they misspoke or changed their minds between that and the update, but that's what we have to go on.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-03-02 11:36:30
Link | Citer | R

They'll release a teaser video in 12 months like
"How to unlock the 2nd time extension" featuring such strategies such as zooming in on the game clock
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-02 12:01:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
The Devs said it could be extended to a maximum of 2 hours in the Freshly Picked before the event was introduced.
Ah allright, missed that.
Maybe it unlocks once you kill all megabosses in all 4 zones or something.
I mean, I wouldn't take it for granted that it's already possible to unlock another 30 mins in.

Personally I'd rather get higher droprates and 30 mins less for the same total amount of currency at the end of the run, but that's just me.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 433 434 435